• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

Despera said:
I'm talking about real life. I've seen that vid and I still don't understand how the front wheels turn left and right when they are confined like that.
They aren't as confined as you think. They're exactly the same as any other car, only there's giant wheel covers attached to the rims.

HOLY F- at the rain video.

I know the game is that good visually, but everytime I see it my jaw hits the floor.

And I need a no HUD option. It's THE feature GT5 needs to truly shiny.

I'll be a very, very sad panda if it isn't there.

Such beautiful graphics need to be set free from horrendous on-screen information.

The intro wasnt really necessary. The 12 minute video should've just focused on checking out the vehicles in the dealership lot.

Also, it appears the tuners are in the right hand section of the lot.

Ploid 3.0

About the youtube video stuff, couldn't you upload the videos to your HDD or is it just purely youtube? Also one of them should show off photo mode.

Any website that has an exclusive GT5 blowout lost their impact now haha. Love it, need to stop this embargo stuff, just give us the info.

Flo_Evans

Love how you can chance the environment maps in the showroom! OMG I will probably spend the 1st day just drooling over the cars slowing spinning in the showroom... :lol

metareferential said:
HOLY F- at the rain video.

I know the game is that good visually, but everytime I see it my jaw hits the floor.

And I need a no HUD option. It's THE feature GT5 needs to truly shiny.

I'll be a very, very sad panda if it isn't there.

Such beautiful graphics need to be set free from horrendous on-screen information.

Tearing my friend... :)

nasanu

Banned
BSTF said:
No it doesn't as we've already seen what new cars to GTPSP/5 that are standard look like crap.

PSP Countach up resed:
http://imgur.com/Jsaid.jpg

Countach from the PSP intro looks like a standard car:
http://imgur.com/LWDe0.jpg

PSP Veyron up resed:
http://imgur.com/LlumT.jpg

Veyron from PSP Intro looks like a premium car:
http://imgur.com/fJafX.jpg

You can not just take a PSP car and 'up res' it, it does not work like that. The way PD works (from what has been said in interviews) is that they make car models that are better than the game engine can handle then scale them back for use in game. Given this cars taken from GT4/GT PSP assets and used in GT5 should look better than upscaled GT PSP cars.

Tiago Leite said:
xD

That I can cope with.

But hudless cockpit view with head-tracking is something I need badly.

PGR4 hudless is still an amazing view; GT5 is going to look incredible.

I want to believe.

dwebo

Tiago Leite said:
I dunno, I'm usually pretty perceptible when it comes to screen tear, but I hardly noticed much in that video at 720p, unless I focused only on the wipers. It certainly looks like it tears less than the Eiger in Prologue, though of course there are also no spectators.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
SolidSnakex said:
If the online aspect of the game is disabled would the YouTube feature work?

If so then that's a huge bummer as there is really no technical reason why users should have to be connected to PD servers.

thcsquad

BSTF said:
Wasn't GT5 supposed to have a Youtube upload feature? What's up with all the cam footage?

I bet it goes through Polyphony's servers, which are most likely not active right now.

Yes, it could be done in theory on the PS3 itself, but this way they cockblock people who try to leak game footage :)

Metalmurphy said:
No hood cam :(

Not that I care, cockpit all the way but still... :p
So the entire discussion in that other thread was pointless. :lol

RustyNails said:
I dont get whats so good about the menu music. Its the same elevator/tech support-hold music
Some people like it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wax Free Vanilla said:
worst intro ever.
Yet it doesn't really matter, does it?

Anyway, the only reason I need a release date is to know what day to book off work. Also, I wonder which supermarket here in the UK is going to go the most epic with the pricing of this?

I hope at least one retailer, supermarket or otherwise goes really brave and offers a cheaper price for trading in GT5:prologue. Of course there's nothing to suggest it'll happen but it would be a nice idea.

Until then, why am I still being drawn to this thread? It's like the bright blue light on a bug zapper; so so deadly yet oh so pretty...

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
nasanu said:
You can not just take a PSP car and 'up res' it, it does not work like that. The way PD works (from what has been said in interviews) is that they make car models that are better than the game engine can handle then scale them back for use in game. Given this cars taken from GT4/GT PSP assets and used in GT5 should look better than upscaled GT PSP cars.

Look at GT4 running through PCSX2 at a higher resolution. Looks like the same models. There's no middle ground of something stuck between GT4 and GT5 models. You either get GT4 quality models as standard or GT5s real models as premium.

keuja

vicissitudes said:
I'm fapping and raging.

iR84A.jpg

dwebo

BSTF said:
Look at GT4 running through PCSX2 at a higher resolution. Looks like the same models. There's no middle ground of something stuck between GT4 and GT5 models. You either get GT4 quality models as standard or GT5s real models as premium.
Or... PD has internal assets from GT4 that were higher quality than the ones they used in-game? I don't see why that's not a possibility, unless this was debunked somewhere before.

edit: that's basically what nasanu said, since I fail at reading

Metalmurphy said:
Only if you don't know what you're talking about.
Of course I don't. I was too busy with laughing. :lol

Seriously, you shouldn't be so defensive about everything. I never said or meant that you were wrong or anything and posting a marketing/promo video wasn't the right answer (as you can see in his reply).

Lighten up, dude. I'm not gonna take GT5 away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom