• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piggus said:
Bumper cam? We've seen hood cam in some of the pre-release videos iirc. I don't see why they'd take it out.
I don't know either. IT's on this page too...no hood cam. I guess the bumper cam is the same? I've had GAFers making fun of my driving and telling me for weeks 'just use the hood cam, use the hood cam' where's your messiah now see?

edit: so bumper cam? was it always this way?

Surfheart said:
How can they fit this on one disk?

It's why the manufacturing is taking so long. Kaz has to magically press each disk with his hands in order to fit this content onto a single man-made storage system. There's a video of the process somewhere in this thread.

-viper-

Banned
The more i see these Czech dudes with GT5 the more annoyed I am beginning to get. This has been a total disaster on Sony's side.

dwebo

~Kinggi~ said:
The loading between the menus seems really fucking annoying.
Seems about the same as Prologue, but at least in that, you have the rendered car and environment. I'm not sure what's so computationally difficult about the GT5 home screen :-/

Omiee

so nobody with a 1080P camera has GT5, cuz these low quality videos are killing me.
dident somebody make high res screens of the menu.
cant he just make pics again in stead of videos

plainr_

-viper- said:
The more i see these Czech dudes with GT5 the more annoyed I am beginning to get. This has been a total disaster on Sony's side.

This is exactly how I feel.

Hopefully the Nov 26 rumor is true. We need confirmation Sony.

spwolf

dwebo said:
Seems about the same as Prologue, but at least in that, you have the rendered car and environment. I'm not sure what's so computationally difficult about the GT5 home screen :-/

they prolly dont have it installed fully on disk...

KingDizzi

Banned
Beggars can't be choosers, I'm just happy he is posting some videos, I'm more interested in seeing if the stunt arena made it into the game.

Rainier

Watching the Eiger Nordwand with rain video, I love the job they did with the rain on windshield (I never even noticed the wiperblade tearing), but the rain you can see out the left window looked pretty bad, as though there was a sprinkler pointed down just above the window. I doubt I'll notice while it driving though.

Loved the elevator music in the menu, fits perfectly!

dwebo

spwolf said:
they prolly dont have it installed fully on disk...
fbz76u.jpg

Casual confirmed. 10gb or bust!

edit: linky no worky

dwebo

SolidSnakex said:
I'm desperate at this point. If it comes out before then i'll just cancel my order.
How much were the shipping options? Too lazy to make an account with them :lol

I love that they try to shove on a extended service plan when you add to cart.

MrPliskin

Banned
I wonder if I can get a wheel stand pro in before the game releases? I'm kind of waiting for my paycheck on Friday to see how "comfortable" I'll be :lol

Anyone order one, and how long did it take to arrive?

I wonder if this game will be out before I get my new HDTV in January... upgrading to a 50". Part of me wants to wait until I get the TV to play this, the other part of me thinks I'll still be waiting for it.

BLagiver

Banned
I will be playing this game forever just to unlock all the cars. They must have a plan to be screwing around with our emotions about the release of GT5.

Ploid 3.0

Real game journalists would spend the money to hook up with one of these people to get a full blow out of info and videos. However they are probably afraid of being blacklisted. We need a gaming TMZ.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Real game journalists would spend the money to hook up with one of these people to get a full blow out of info and videos. However they are probably afraid of being blacklisted. We need a gaming TMZ.

Hmmm...

Piggus

MrPliskin said:
I wonder if I can get a wheel stand pro in before the game releases? I'm kind of waiting for my paycheck on Friday to see how "comfortable" I'll be :lol

Anyone order one, and how long did it take to arrive?
If you're in the US and you have a university email address, sign up for Amazon Prime and you'll have free two day shipping for a year (and $4 overnight shipping.) It applies to just about anything you can find on Amazon.

Fuck it, I'm taking a chance and ordering it off of fingerhut. I was planning on buying 2 collectors editions anyways. I'm calling them now so I'll let you guys know what goes down.

Carl

MiniBossBattle said:
This thread should be etched into stone and kept for posterity.

I wonder if someone at Sony is watching the meltdown. Just send us a sign.

I bet Kaz is posting in this thread.

Reveal yourself Kaz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom