• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

so the game has shown up in some places, no one can buy it, there's no release date, still debatable if the game is being shipped anywhere. Basically nothing can be proven about the game existing other than some youtube videos?

I really don't understand this at all

Happy Phantom said:
so the game has shown up in some places, no one can buy it, there's no release date, still debatable if the game is being shipped anywhere. Basically nothing can be proven about the game existing other than some youtube videos?

You seem to understand it very well.

Juicy Bob

Happy Phantom said:

I suppose you could say Sony/PD have been consistent like that, at least.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
This is the most unbearable gaming shit I've ever had to go through. Even the PR guys at Sony can't give me a straight answer. Christ!

I come home from work, takes me like 3 hours to catch up on this thread, play like 10 minutes of demons souls and go to bed. Rinse repeat until I get the game.

I was suppose to use this time to play games I wont be able to after GT5 releases but I keep reading this thread! GT5 consumes all.

verbum

torontoml said:
Is there a date yet for that Madrid launch party?

Looks like the first of December worldwide
Also, GT5’s big Madrid launch party has a new date of November 24th/25th. As you may recall, the launch party was first scheduled for October 26th/27th. Considering the party was to be held exactly one week before the game’s intended worldwide launch, a release during the week of November 29th – December 3rd is beginning to look extremely likely. This release window aligns perfectly with what I’ve been told before and Sony’s own retail outlet, SonyStyle, who lists a launch date “on or around” November 30th for the game. Regardless, it’s becoming clear we don’t have much longer to wait.

GT5 was conceived and born in the depths of a black hole. A place were the very laws of our universe break down into a dark hazy fog. It both exists, and non-exists, at the same time, in the same particle and moment of time-space. Seen by it's zealots, yet denied by it's creators, it remains as elusive as it is persistent.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
SolidSnakex said:
You guys might want to check this out

http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...9K/fI0GRbBnon0o43I2jvDF3H8iI0LriMHWBhd/sHDwqS

Credit to Starking from GTplanet.

I just called them and they said that they really do have it in stock. I've placed an order for it and they say that it'll ship out in 10 days.
dude over on the ps forum says they will ship it in two days
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/Gran-Turismo-5-In-Stock/td-p/46382855/page/2

Peterthumpa

Old?

Differences between standard and premium cars:

comparisonw.jpg

Looks like the standard ones are basically the GT4 cars in HD:

img0003os.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bet the wrong version has been burnt after all.

Sony only found out after looking at the leaked videos. That would be the next (il)logical GT5 thing to happen.

I played a bit of GT5 in the NYC Playstation Store, it felt so good but i left PISSED

THAT I COULDN'T BRING IT HOME! DAMN YOU SONY!
:lol

mr_nothin

Banned
Its BEEN known that standard cars are straight from GT4. Doesnt change the fact that they dont look as bad as people tend to want to believe. I would have never realized that it was a standard car if it wasnt for someone pointing it out. (seriously)

Juicy Bob

felipepl said:
Old?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2112/comparisonw.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1514/img0003os.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case, I wonder what's been taking them so long?

felipepl said:
Old?

IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2112/comparisonw.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1514/img0003os.jpg[/IMG]

To which I counter:

n2kc46.gif

I hate to say anything bad about our friends with the game, but uploading videos takes time and that´s probably why we has few and far in between, but, how about some questions answered?

You know, a blog post, a forum post, just some short answers for some objective questions.

Did he saw any new track with the days passing?
Used car lot, does it have all the standards?
Do you get points to level up?
Damage, does it really play a part on the game?
Options menu, what´s interesting there?

You know, simple but usefull stuff like this. I think it would be better than a new video showing stuff that we already know/seen.

An idea to throw to our czech friends.

seattle6418 said:
I hate to say anything bad about our friends with the game, but uploading videos takes time and that´s probably why we has few and far in between, but, how about some questions answered?

You know, a blog post, a forum post, just some short answers for some objective questions.

Did he saw any new track with the days passing?
Used car lot, does it have all the standards?
Do you get points to level up?
Damage, does it really play a part on the game?
Options menu, what´s interesting there?

You know, simple but usefull stuff like this. I think it would be better than a new video showing stuff that we already know/seen.

An idea to throw to our czech friends.

The lack of quality videos/ information despite the game clearly being in the wild makes this feel like a planned leak.

Psychotext said:
Seems really odd that no-one has done any night / rain footage for Youtube. I think it'd be the first thing I'd do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCn8xslJhyI

Now that it has passed 48 hours, it does seem a bit odd at how few videos there are. The revealed content seems pretty restrained considering the enormity of this game.

Yoboman

gutterboy44 said:
Now that it has passed 48 hours, it does seem a bit odd at how few videos there are. The revealed content seems pretty restrained considering the enormity of this game.
Viral marketing

Juicy Bob said:
Possibly. But why would GT5 need that? If that's what they are doing, all they've succeeded in doing is annoying the millions of us that were going to buy it anyway.

Because an executive somewhere heard of it and decided to throw in how he thought GT5 should be marketed and the lemmings followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom