• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.R.K

Big Ass Ramp said:
what is this

is this real life

Rabbit.gif

SolidSnakex said:
It'll ship in 10 days according to them. Although someone posted that it's supposed to ship in a day or two for them. So i'm not sure if a screwed up my order or not. I'm going to call them again today to see if there's any way to speed up the shipment.

Make sure they aren't taking your money or anything >_>

Ashes

Banned
btw folks, walked into sainsburys and they had an instore price for ps3 at £199. Did the ps3 suddenly have a decent price drop or something? good deal for those who were thinking about geting a slim or something...

expy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It'll ship in 10 days according to them. Although someone posted that it's supposed to ship in a day or two for them. So i'm not sure if a screwed up my order or not. I'm going to call them again today to see if there's any way to speed up the shipment.
On a Saturday?

Ashes1396 said:
btw folks, walked into sainsburys and they had an instore price for ps3 at £199. Did the ps3 suddenly have a decent price drop or something? good deal for those who were thinking about geting a slim or something...
Maybe this is why they're quiet? :O

Ashes1396 said:
What size was the harddrive? Maybe they are just clearing old 120 GB stock?

Hanmik

Is it just online in GT5 that you can upload Youtube videos..? If it also is offline, then I don´t understand why the guys who have the game film offscreen instead of using the Youtube feature.

But I guess it is only online that you can use the youtube part.

nofi

Hanmik said:
Is it just online in GT5 that you can upload Youtube videos..? If it also is offline, then I don´t understand why the guys who have the game film offscreen instead of using the Youtube feature.

I think someone said that the YouTube bit isn't working yet.

Hanmik said:

There's a function in GT5 called the Online Replay Album, and you can only access that once the servers are up. That's also how you access the YouTube feature. With the game being offline right now all people can do is just access the basic replay function.

As other have mentioned, I am seriously puzzled by the leaked info - it almost seems orchestrated. People get the game and they make videos of tracks and cars that we've mostly seen before. Going to a car selection screen and ending up at the SLS AMG? Why? If you went through the trouble of getting this game early (and are part of the GT/GTplanet community), wouldn't you show all the stuff that we really wanted to know? Why do we only get bumper cam in arcade mode? Why the Zonda again?

The only real new stuff is the short snow / head-tracking clip and the Cape ring periphery movie, right?

It all smells fishy, like an elaborate attempt to distract the most dedicated GT fans until they are ready to ship/promote it better.

Nevertheless, I want this game NOW.

swordfishtrombones said:
As other have mentioned, I am seriously puzzled by the leaked info - it almost seems orchestrated. People get the game and they make videos of tracks and cars that we've mostly seen before. Going to a car selection screen and ending up at the SLS AMG? Why? If you went through the trouble of getting this game early (and are part of the GT/GTplanet community), wouldn't you show all the stuff that we really wanted to know? Why do we only get bumper cam in arcade mode? Why the Zonda again?

The only real new stuff is the short snow / head-tracking clip and the Cape ring periphery movie, right?

It all smells fishy, like an elaborate attempt to distract the most dedicated GT fans until they are ready to ship/promote it better.

Nevertheless, I want this game NOW.

If it's orchestrated then they've gone through a lot of trouble to do it. They're selling the games through an auction house. Of course the annoying thing about that is that people are buying it for $69. I'd pay more than that for a copy. Hell, I am paying more than for a copy. :/

SolidSnakex said:
If it's orchestrated then they've gone through a lot of trouble to do it. They're selling the games through an auction house. Of course the annoying thing about that is that people are buying it for $69. I'd pay more than that for a copy. Hell, I am paying more than for a copy. :/

Yeah, you're probably right. Is that auction site reputable ? (I'm in full conspiracy mode here!).

In any case, I still can't believe that we're been screwed over by both Sony and these Czech guys at the same time...

hirokazu

This thread is becoming awfully slow... I neeeed more pics, videos, info...! :(

darkwing said:
is fingerhut real? or is it like GT5
It was established for one purpose. To serve you the finger.
And steal your money.

Ashes

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Its the 160gb. Very good price, saw it couple of weeks back.

They've been going for a couple weeks? Sainsbury should have marketed it a bit. Not that I know what ps3s are going for these days, but that seemed like a pretty good bargain where uk prices are concerned. :lol

Those assholes at Fingerhut don't have it. I just called them again to switch my order to Express shipping and they said that it'll ship on the 23rd.

Ashes

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Those assholes at Fingerhut don't have it. I just called them again to switch my order to Express shipping and they said that it'll ship on the 23rd.

Did you cancel it though?

beast786

SolidSnakex said:

Just wait man. You keep hurting yourself.

mr stroke

Fistwell said:
What the hell is a fingerhut??

its an online/catalog store that gives credit to anyone and over charges for all there items to make up the difference

Basically its a place where bad credit people can go to finance anything anytime(unless you burn Fingerhut of course)

They are probably full of shit and its a place holder date, but I could be wrong?

Rflagg

SolidSnakex said:
They are over charging you, lied to you, and it seems you won't get it any earlier form them. If the 24 date is a placeholder that is likely that info these bastards are using for there ship date and if not then will we all have a very good thanksgiving. Whatever the case Bailout man bail out.

Despera

Banned
... and I'm back!

Let's see, some awesome new vids... good

Strange introduction vid... cool

Release date... :'(

Thanks for the updates, ssx.

I can't help feeling there'll never be a released date. What there will be is a sudden avalanche of TV advertising and posters etc in shops saying GT5 now available, as well as emails from online retailers to all those who pre-ordered saying their copy has despatched. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

onken

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's only just occurred to me, how does the head-tracking not get confused with someone sitting next to you?

spwolf

onken said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's only just occurred to me, how does the head-tracking not get confused with someone sitting next to you?

not sure how it works in general, it might be able to recognize your face and follow it based on settings... however I dont think it has to be fool proof anyway - just tell someone not to sit next to you if you want to use head tracking.

spats

There's a video on Youtube from CEDEC showing the Playstation Eye software library. It's capable of recognizing age and gender and tracking faces really accurately, although GT5 propably doesn't doesn't have enough overhead for it to go that intricate. It's propably just tracking your eyes relative to your position. I don't think another player would confuse it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom