• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

nov 24 has to be the best thing sony can do if true, i mean damnn a lot of days for sales, for first week in europe.
and massive black friday sales in us will make this sell 2 mill first week easy

bsjezz said:
you're forgetting one word

it begins with a capital C

Why not just say what you're hinting at? Sony would be beyond stupid to release GT5 in Europe on the 24th and not release it in the US the same week. Do you know what the Friday of that week is in the US? It's Black Friday, which is one of the biggest sales periods in the US all year. So you honestly believe that they'd miss that?

Dead Man

bsjezz said:
but they will sell it, when NA acknowledges it's going to be some time.

remember, people. this doesn't matter to us. we understand that the playstation three is, in fact, without region locking.
But Sony have SAID nothing, it is just a few copies out there, not like you can go into any store in Europe and go buy a copy.

SolidSnakex said:
Why not just say what you're hinting at? Sony would be beyond stupid to release GT5 in Europe on the 24th and not release it in the same week. Do you know what the Friday of that week is in the US? It's Black Friday, which is one of the biggest sales periods in the US all year. So you honestly believe that they'd miss that?

look, all your dreams would be true if the united states was in the fortunate position of having eastern europe's production facilities, but it don't, and it ain't gonna be ready for black friday in the U.S. we would have heard about it if it were. it is ready to sell in eu, though, so chances are it will trickle out slowly in the confusion of disparity between continents, while other regions watch in jealousy and wished they'd placed that order before all the e-stores sold out

Sealda

Banned
What if GT5 turns out to be the greatest scheme/vaporware in history?

The youtube videos, the leaks, the demos everything. Its just a tech demo. Everything is connected. In the middle of this great scheme is Kaz who now have gone under the surface.

Despera said:
http://twitter.com/IndianVG/status/2322101860044800

indp.jpg

:lol

:lol :lol

Sealda said:
What if GT5 turns out to be the greatest scheme/vaporware in history?

but there are already millions of copies ready to go, waiting, taped up in inconspicuous looking boxes in warehouse storerooms all over europe

stings, don't it?

Despera

Banned
bsjezz said:
look, all your dreams would be true if the united states was in the fortunate position of having eastern europe's production facilities, but it don't, and it ain't gonna be ready for black friday in the U.S. we would have heard about it if it were. it is ready to sell in eu, though, so chances are it will trickle out slowly in the confusion of disparity between continents, while other regions watch in jealousy and wished they'd placed that order before all the e-stores sold out

Nothing confirmed yet though.

Living in the Middle East is awesome. We always get games from all regions, even Japan, China and Korea. You just choose the ver. you prefer. Best of all, street dates are always broken around here :D

Dunno if late but bigass spanish retailer Hipercor has GT5 in their christmas catalogue with 'estimated release date 24 November', both standalone (66,90€ yikes) and bundle (PS3 320GB and GT5 349,90€).

EDIT: Oh, collector's edition as well 24 Nov, 76,90€

Sirolf

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Dunno if late but bigass spanish retailer Hipercor has GT5 in their christmas catalogue with 'estimated release date 24 November', both standalone (66,90€ yikes) and bundle (PS3 320GB and GT5 349,90€).

So 24 nov it is :D
Same thing i heard here in France..So two weeks away !

Ashes

Banned
marathonfool said:
Sony is doing a no marketing release. They won't even announce the release date. Bow down to your new business overlord.

you jest, perhaps, but you're right so far. This is just a pure and simple fuck up of proportions that I cannot justifiably put into words.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Cool, November 24 is my birthday.

Although I have no plans on getting the CE.

Despera said:
Nothing confirmed yet though.

Living in the Middle East is awesome. We always get games from all regions, even Japan, China and Korea. You just choose the ver. you prefer. Best of all, street dates are always broken around here :D

I'm from the Middle East too (kinda) and we never get street dates broken :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bsjezz said:
i've seen confirmation enough

you don't make three professionally printed copies of a videogame like gran turismo five unless you also make three million

No, but you might print and then recall all discs from the original release, but a few don't make it back for shredding, and instead make their way to the market.

Do we have any idea if these are the 'new' or the 'old' discs?

Ashes1396 said:
you jest, perhaps, but you're right so far. This is just a pure and simple fuck up of proportions that I cannot justifiably put into words.
What if every forum post and youtube video have been carefully prepared steps in a viral marketing campaign?

Wes said:
I agree. Europe should get it first. Specifically the East Anglia region of England.
This!

Still, I won't believe it until it's actually in my hands. Hopefully there will be a big feature on Top Gear on GT5.

mrklaw said:
No, but you might print and then recall all discs from the original release, but a few don't make it back for shredding, and instead make their way to the market.

Do we have any idea if these are the 'new' or the 'old' discs?

this is a good point

edit: i would have to say though if so many PAL retailers are confidently advertising a 24th release date, that what has been produced is ready to go

I wonder if the hold up has to do with possibly using outside manufactures to stamp the disc. Delivery and QA before announcing a date. To get it done it time for this years holiday shopping season might have caused them to get the competition to whip a few 100,000 copies.

Ashes

Banned
painful fart said:
What if every forum post and youtube video have been carefully prepared steps in a viral marketing campaign?

Make your case soldier. I sure as hell am not going to waste time delving into that theory.

Bobo

Sorry to go off topic... I'm thinking about picking up a slim PS3 for this game but I have a couple of questions about my PSN account.

1. This would be my 4th PS3 (2 broken 60GB YLOD... and my current working 60GB.) so how many activations are allowed? If 5 does a PSP account count towards the 5?

2. I have 35+ PSN games on my account, will I be able to play them on both consoles Simultaneously. I mean like the kids play X game upstairs I can also play X game downstairs? (Offline.)

h3ro

Bobo said:
Sorry to go off topic... I'm thinking about picking up a slim PS3 for this game but I have a couple of questions about my PSN account.

1. This would be my 4th PS3 (2 broken 60GB YLOD... and my current working 60GB.) so how many activations are allowed? If 5 does a PSP account count towards the 5?

2. I have 35+ PSN games on my account, will I be able to play them on both consoles Simultaneously. I mean like the kids play X game upstairs I can also play X game downstairs? (Offline.)

1. You can have up to 5 activations for one account, but you should just call sony to deactivate your account on the broken PS3 serial numbers.

2. Yup.

SmokyDave

Tobiasboon said:
This!

Still, I won't believe it until it's actually in my hands. Hopefully there will be a big feature on Top Gear on GT5.
You meant 'East Midlands', obviously.

I hope Top Gear don't do a feature on GT5. The spot they did on GT4 makes me think they'd be underwhelmed and go to great lengths to stress that it's just a game, as if we didn't know that.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Bobo said:

If you call Sony they can deactivate PS3's from your account, and since 2 of yours have broken there shouldn't be any problem, they have done the same thing for me.

Bobo

h3ro said:
1. You can have up to 5 activations for one account, but you should just call sony to deactivate your account on the broken PS3 serial numbers.

2. Yup.
Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Mush

Metalmurphy said:
Go watch the video again and you'll see as he exits it the menu it will appear as "Renault Sport". It's very quick, but you should be able to catch it.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yeah. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom