• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

SolidSnakex said:
With everything starting to point toward the game releasing in two weeks you have to wonder when Sony is finally going to speak up. This is how the delay info starting happening. It leaked out of some Russian site and more and more sites started reporting that it was true and Sony finally came out and admitted it. They need to announce the date so that they can get ads rolling.

what can you expect from Sony PR? :lol

offshore

Every day I come home I'm expecting to see a release date...and still nothing. Has there been any more evidence pointing to a release in two weeks?

saladine1

Reminds me of Tokyo Extreme.
And the sounds are noticeably improved too.
Kaz, you have outdone yourself man.
What hasn't been shown and is requested alot, is the tuning and upgrades options......

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Brandon F said:
God damn...I guess I might as well buy a Move Bundle now for that Eye cam. That is damn cool! And just minutes before entering this thread I was convincing myself that Forza 3 was all the sim racing I really needed in my life. :(

This is an expensive thread! Now I need to look into PS3 wheels.

And this my friend is how Sony will sell more Moves with GT5. :)

gutterboy44 said:
Not very clever, but this game has definitely become Gran Turismo F5 to me.

I need it to end.

Heh, well done.

My cycle begins.

Wake up - no news.
Get to work - no news.
Come home - no news.
Go to bed.
Wake up - no news.
Ad nauseum ...

Fuck Sony, I'll probably rent or just buy used every single purchase on my PS3 after GT5.

/rant

offshore said:
Every day I come home I'm expecting to see a release date...and still nothing. Has there been any more evidence pointing to a release in two weeks?

Some Indian distributor just posted that Sony has told them that it'll be out in Europe on the 24th. Logicool (Logitech in Japan) has just updated their re-release schedule for the DFGT and G27 and now have them set to come out on the 25th. This is significant because they were both originally scheduled to come out on the 3rd (the same day as GT5 in Japan).

SolidSnakex said:
With everything starting to point toward the game releasing in two weeks you have to wonder when Sony is finally going to speak up. This is how the delay info starting happening. It leaked out of some Russian site and more and more sites started reporting that it was true and Sony finally came out and admitted it. They need to announce the date so that they can get ads rolling.
But The Fight: Lights Out has Danny Trejo in it! Tell us how u feel in the commentz!

God, I feel like raiding ps blog again

Loving those fireworks! :D

Also... to the guys complaining about the graphics...

Well it looks like this if not filmed with a crappy camera...

ym8pn.jpg

saladine1 said:
Reminds me of Tokyo Extreme.
And the sounds are noticeably improved too.
Kaz, you have outdone yourself man.
What hasn't been shown and is requested alot, is the tuning and upgrades options......

It has been shown.

offshore

Thanks Snake/Mush. If it's true, I don't understand why Sony are quiet. Surely they've worked out all the kinks by now...they've had long enough.

saladine1

Apparantely,""In GT5 is great many new thing, but better is when you see it. Other and best things i you not tell"
Posted by the uploader 5825.

saladine1 said:
Apparantely,""In GT5 is great many new thing, but better is when you see it. Other and best things i you not tell"

I'm calling it now, hidden third person shooter mini game.

Mush

I was just looking back at the Cape Ring vid, and at the very start of the replay he cycles through to the Cockpit view.

customgearz.png

Those green Sparco gloves are very un-BMW, which imo proves once again that we'll be able to wear custom driving gearz. Whether or not it'll just be Sparco, or we'll have other brands like Alpinestars, adidas, Sabelt and OMP (which have all been seen in previous footage) to choose from, is another question.

JardeL

Whoa, retailers say Sony shipped 15.000 GT5s to Turkey and games have already arrived. o_0

Also they're talking about big surprises for online, I don't know what they are though! Anyway hype hype hype! :D

spats

JardeL said:
Whoa, retailers say Sony shipped 15.000 GT5s to Turkey and games have already arrived. o_0

Also they're talking about big surprises for online, I don't know what they are though! Anyway hype hype hype! :D

Hype +80. Can't take this crap much longer.

JardeL said:

Source?

Mush

JardeL said:

DAMN IT IT'S 4AM HERE AND I WANT TO SLEEP :(

Corto

saladine1 said:

That's the state of incoherency that GT5 elicits! Such awesomeness is mind blowing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
saladine1 said:
Even Yoda has GT5 ? This sucks.

saladine1 said:

You know what, i kind of like that.

But i would still want a confirmation on Seattle, Infineon, Spa, Motegi, SSR11, El Capitan, Midfield, Apricot and a few others. Don´t need to show me, just tell me it´s there.

A little bummed that he says "only an option to turn the map off", about the HUD options.

Heck, even GT4 had more options.

I can´t believe they didn´t implemented such a simple and easy, but major feature.

-viper-

Banned
seattle6418 said:
You know what, i kind of like that.

But i would still want a confirmation on Seattle, Infineon, Spa, Motegi, SSR11, El Capitan, Midfield, Apricot and a few others. Don´t need to show me, just tell me it´s there.

A little bummed that he says "only an option to turn the map off", about the HUD options.

Heck, even GT4 had more options.

I can´t believe they didn´t implemented such a simple and easy, but major feature.
I hate the new names display on the right side. That is really the only thing that is annoying the hell out of me in the latest GT5 build.

saladine1

JardeL said:
Click here if you speak/understand Turkish. :lol
Well,
"Knowledge We do not withhold from a yield there is handmade clear knowledge.To the Turkey 15 one thousand bean is coming.The we at your ray sonrada at your first 500 arrivals We gave 500 bean purchase order but products are not coming as they have wanted just sometimes.You hollow out many farkli (satilcagindan) can not welcome dolayi wanting at the places. (Dagitim) (yapilacaktir) according to the purchase order more last than first purchase order. The I illaki satin I am not telling alin but there is intense at your ray desire and acikcasi can become."
Yes, 500 beans incoming.

The cup of coffee and bonus cup of green tea is starting to kick in. Conspiriacy theory time! Gather round kids the fire place is hot and you never have to refresh the flames.

-Sony botches the 11/2 launch for whatever reason
-Massive amounts of marketing time and money was pinned to this date
-Sony wants to get the discs out as fast as possible, but they don't want to give a hard date because they can't afford to reinvest in marketing and have another delay
-They will wait until the games are on the shelves or the day before they are ready to be sold to kick off the official marketing campaign.
-They don't want to let the hype die down and they do want to continue promotion so they hire a "viral" marketing team at much less cost
-They allow them to release new content to appear like a full on leak, but as we all can see, the videos are still somewhat restrained in new content and "spoilers"
-Sony's silence is due to the fact they don't want to start the official wheels turning again until the discs are literally on shelves and to not step on other games release out of respect or not wanting to compete with them.

Sure Sony seems incompetent and us nerds get mad, but from a marketing standpoint and the massive amounts of free publicity it is garnering, it is fucking brilliant and bloody effective. A COD game release was overshadowed by low def Czech Republic youtube videos.

Askani

Sweet Jesus.

I don't really like racing games, I don't even own a next gen console right now, but I can't stop following the GT5 news and this thread. Reading all the (mostly justified) fan rage and the way abhorrent way Sony is handling it just blows my mind. What a show.

Sorry for all your suffering, but it does make for some decent entertainment. :lol

nofi

gutterboy44 said:
The cup of coffee and bonus cup of green tea is starting to kick in. Conspiriacy theory time! Gather round kids the fire place is hot and you never have to refresh the flames.

-Sony botches the 11/2 launch for whatever reason
-Massive amounts of marketing time and money was pinned to this date
-Sony wants to get the discs out as fast as possible, but they don't want to give a hard date because they can't afford to reinvest in marketing and have another delay
-They will wait until the games are on the shelves or the day before they are ready to be sold to kick off the official marketing campaign.
-They don't want to let the hype die down and they do want to continue promotion so they hire a "viral" marketing team at much less cost
-They allow them to release new content to appear like a full on leak, but as we all can see, the videos are still somewhat restrained in new content and "spoilers"
-Sony's silence is due to the fact they don't want to start the official wheels turning again until the discs are literally on shelves and to not step on other games release out of respect or not wanting to compete with them.

Sure Sony seems incompetent and us nerds get mad, but from a marketing standpoint and the massive amounts of free publicity it is garnering, it is fucking brilliant and bloody effective. A COD game release was overshadowed by low def Czech Republic youtube videos.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/07/gran-turismo-5-why-waiting-is-good/

offshore

Mush, you may as well go to bed. I've been away from this thread for 15 hours, I come back and there's still no release date :lol

Granted there are a couple of videos, but I'm not watching them. I think I've seen enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom