• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I not use any steering wheel? I was eying a Logitech MOMO (the one that comes with pedals) since it's a cheap solution compared to G25 or G27.

For those of you who are on the fence between the DFGT and the G25/27 go with the G25/27. I used the DFGT for the first time at the Sony Style store yesterday and the pedals were awful. The wheel is decent enough and I like all the new little dials and buttons, but if you can afford the G25/27 go for either of those. The pedal feel is night and day.

If you can no way swing the G25/27 then by all means get a DFGT over playing with a controller. I bought a wheel for GT3 and have never looked back. It is the only way to play a GT game or other racing sim.

nib95

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Am I missing something? The graphics look like GT2 level.

Lol, if you look at the lighting, shadowing, effects etc, you can see the game is a power house visually. Only reason it looks a bit weird in that vid is the quality of the video itself, not the games visuals.

-viper-

Banned
is he even playing the game on a HD screen? what a shitty camera he has.

the track looks great otherwise. looks like a fun high speed track.

That's definitely a track that's made for super car races. You can tell that it's going to be a lot of fun online with people just battling it out.

I liked the video. Finally a new track.

Also, nice to see a standard car in action. That civic was a nice little car in GT4.

Funny to see some sharp turns. It does not show up in the track map.

-viper-

Banned
scandisk_ said:
that sounded good IMO
yeah - one of the things i have immediately noticed are the massively improved engine sounds. they actually sound like cars as opposed to lawnmowers.

the Z4 on the cape ring sounded fantastic too.

zoukka

SolidSnakex said:
That's definitely a track that's made for super car races. You can tell that it's going to be a lot of fun online with people just battling it out.

What are the collision penalties in this game online? Has there been any word from PD?

SolidSnakex said:
That's definitely a track that's made for super car races. You can tell that it's not going to be a lot of fun online with people just smashing into each other.

Fixed.

:D

Seriously, I'm hoping for a good online experience.

-viper-

Banned
zoukka said:
What are the collision penalties in this game online? Has there been any word from PD?
In GT5 Prologue you had a 5 second speed penalty (and turned invisible) if you hit other cars, rammed the sides of a track or took short cuts.

mr_nothin

Banned
:O
Looks like a PS1 games lol
It really does but I know why it does though :p

This is bringing back memories. I cant freakin wait!!!!
Good to see that the smoke lasts a lot longer now.

Ashes

Banned
Naah, the shitty quality fooled me for a sec too. I was like I don't remember old games that had soft shadows like that, and that sounds pretty cool for an older racer. Wait a minute, the hud looks like gt5's one... and I was ready to come back and say I don't think it's a troll guys.... till I came back.... :D

V_Arnold

jett said:
BTW, did Jeseus get unbanned? :lol Poor bastard wasn't lying.

I am quite sure that was not about lying or not lying. It is about shutting your mouth when you cannot or will not post concrete proof. Plenty of discussions about this were present in gaf especially in sales or announcment threads, where some claimed they "know something" but they cant talk about it. Pointless, obviously.

jett said:
BTW, did Jeseus get unbanned? :lol Poor bastard wasn't lying.

I don't know about that. He seemed to be creating images that supported CZ who has never shown us proof that he actually has a copy of the game.

With everything starting to point toward the game releasing in two weeks you have to wonder when Sony is finally going to speak up. This is how the delay info starting happening. It leaked out of some Russian site and more and more sites started reporting that it was true and Sony finally came out and admitted it. They need to announce the date so that they can get ads rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom