• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metalmurphy said:
ym8pn.jpg

That is such an awesome picture of a game that people have in their hands that hasn't even gotten a release date yet.

Despera

Banned
Mush said:
I'm still up to see how much further we go down the rabbit hole. :lol

New Zealand.

What if the second you hit the sack some awesome vid about a mind-blowing new feature is uploaded? What if Sony announces the date along with an ad featuring Yamauchi and Kevin Butler?

Try sleeping now...

darkwing

Despera said:
What if the second you hit the sack some awesome vid about a mind-blowing new feature is uploaded? What if Sony announces the date along with an ad featuring Yamauchi and Kevin Butler?

Try sleeping now...

nah Sony PR is not that good

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
flyinpiranha said:
That is such an awesome picture of a game that people have in their hands that hasn't even gotten a release date yet.
Meh looks like GT2.

I wonder what Kaz must be doing right now. Vacations?

Sirolf

Ok my favorite videogame store (Micromania,the biggest chain here in France) just received an email concerning the launch : 24 Nov.
So ,at least in Europe, we have only two weeks left before the megaton :D

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Come to think of it, if there's one car I'd like for PD to release as DLC, just one car, it would be Il Tempo Gigante from Pinchcliffe Grand Prix. It would most likely break the game, but goddamn if it wouldn't be awesome to drive it just for shits n' giggles.

GP_110B.jpg

il_temp_gigante.jpg

JardeL

saladine1 said:
Well,
Yes, 500 beans incoming.
Google translate spilt the beans already! :lol

That 500 'beans' are the first batch of the Sony Center's [ that he's working for ] orders. "15 one thousand bean" is what I'm talking about! :lol
-viper- said:
A forum?

Doesn't seem like such a trustworthy source Jardel :p
Do not underestimate the Turkish beans!

tzare

saladine1 said:
Apparantely,""In GT5 is great many new thing, but better is when you see it. Other and best things i you not tell"
Posted by the uploader 5825.

Tourist trophy 2 included!!!! (dreaming is still free :D )

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I would pay up to 10 bucks for a Citroen 2CV Premium.
Make it happen Kaz Sama

Sirolf said:
Ok my favorite videogame store (Micromania,the biggest chain here in France) just received an email concerning the launch : 24 Nov.
So ,at least in Europe, we have only two weeks left before the megaton :D

Everyone except Sony has confirmed this release date for Europe right now. Sounds legit.

Still, what will the NA release date be? November 23rd or November 30th?

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Combichristoffersen said:
Come to think of it, if there's one car I'd like for PD to release as DLC, just one car, it would be Il Tempo Gigante from Pinchcliffe Grand Prix. It would most likely break the game, but goddamn if it wouldn't be awesome to drive it just for shits n' giggles.

GP_110B.jpg

il_temp_gigante.jpg

It wouldn't break the game, because what they considered impossible speeds back then when the movie was made is probably doable with a decent sportscar today. :D

Besides, they could always add a "fantasy cars" race. They already have one car.

DoctorWho said:
Everyone except Sony has confirmed this release date for Europe right now. Sounds legit.

Still, what will the NA release date be? November 23rd or November 30th?

Looks like the 23rd as it looks like Japan is going to get it on the 25th.

Dead Man

Okay. I am going to try boycotting this thread until I see release date in the title, of this, or another thread. I know I will fail, but the effort must be made. So long, see you on the other side.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
StarEye said:
It wouldn't break the game, because what they considered impossible speeds back then when the movie was made is probably doable with a decent sportscar today. :D

Besides, they could always add a "fantasy cars" race. They already have one car.

Well, according to the movie, the seismometer in Bergen registered 7.8 on the Richter scale the first time the car was started, so.. :lol But the real-life model has a top speed of 180 km/h IIRC. It's also got a working turbine engine, but they stopped using it as it made the car faster than what would be safe. Plus it was supposedly rather loud :lol

Anyway, a video of the engine sound, and of a Norwegian TV personality driving Il Tempo Gigante :D

gutterboy44 said:
A COD game release was overshadowed by low def Czech Republic youtube videos.
Overshadowed? Are you mental?

Sure, to those of us who are GT fans this is all huge news... but to most people who will inevitably buy GT5 when it's out, they likely wouldn't have even seen the vids, or heard anything about the CZ copies etc.

dark10x said:
Looks just like a PSX game!

http://imgur.com/ym8pn.jpg/img]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/grant9_640w.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

WOAH PSX LOOKS BETTER.

[QUOTE=Zaptruder]The upside of the downside.

It still sucks bro.[/QUOTE]

No such thing as bad publicity.

Mush said:
I'm still up to see how much further we go down the rabbit hole. :lol

New Zealand.

:lol

I keep seeing your avatar and thinking of you asking stuff and Gerstmann saying:

"Will we get the release date?"

NEVER!

"When am i going to play GT5?"

NEVER!

NE-VER!!!

Dead Man said:
Okay. I am going to try boycotting this thread until I see release date in the title, of this, or another thread. I know I will fail, but the effort must be made. So long, see you on the other side.

See you tomorrow...

Fersis

The word SONY should be banned and replaced by SORNY.
Make it happen amir0x.

spats said:
Doesn't anybody remember Sony's pathetic attempts at viral when the PSP launched? These are too good to be from Sony.

If this is just viral marketing it has been brilliantly done by Sony. They have just trolled the fanbase of their biggest franchise successfully.

Dead Man said:

See you in a couple of hours.

Hydrargyrus

Sony is going to sell GT5 without a releasing date.
One day, you will go to your favorite videogames shop and... there it is!! GT5 is on sale!

And you will buy it! (at a high price, stranger!!)

Hydrargyrus said:
Sony is going to sell GT5 without a releasing date.
One day, you will go to your favorite videogames shop and... there it is!! GT5 is on sale!

And you will buy it! (at a high price, stranger!!)

That's the theory sum are running with now but with all the demand for some sort of answers from Sony, they need to at least give us something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom