• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
PjotrStroganov said:
Why hasn't anybody used photomode yet?

Good question. One thing I'm wondering about is whether replays can be saved to the XMB. If they can videos could just be directly uploaded from there and we could have direct feed footage. Perhaps you can save to the XMB and guys with the game just don't know about the uploader.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Psychotext said:
It's just a model. No engine etc.

'It's only a model'

Patsy.jpg

a1m

Banned
One of the "top" finnish gaming shops have GT5 for 24.11 and I emailed them about this and they replied that Sony has said the game will come at the end of this month and thus the date 24.11.

Same old shiiiiiieetttt I assume?

darkwing

a1m said:
One of the "top" finnish gaming shops have GT5 for 24.11 and I emailed them about this and they replied that Sony has said the game will come at the end of this month and thus the date 24.11.

yup this is old

saladine1

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

electroshockwave said:
Good question. One thing I'm wondering about is whether replays can be saved to the XMB. If they can videos could just be directly uploaded from there and we could have direct feed footage. Perhaps you can save to the XMB and guys with the game just don't know about the uploader.

If it uses the same method that other games like NobyNobyBoy use, it should be possible to save the file as mp4 on your hdd. In NNB it also asks if you want to upload it to YT but it could be that there is an upload option hidden away in some remote replay theatre mode.

spats

PjotrStroganov said:
If it uses the same method that other games like NobyNobyBoy use, it should be possible to save the file as mp4 on your hdd.

Don't forget about Gran Turismo Anywhere. They've built an entire web portal for sharing stuff like that. I'm pretty sure any stuff that gets recorded has to be authenticated with PD's servers.

a1m said:

Same thing, but hearing it from more than one retailer is very good news. Almost as good as a confirmation IMO. I wish we were hearing the same thing from North American retailers. Has anyone tried calling their local EB for an update?

GodofWine

saladine1 said:
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

This is all part of Sony's Strategery.:lol :lol

spats said:
Don't forget about Gran Turismo Anywhere. They've built an entire web portal for sharing stuff like that. I'm pretty sure any stuff that gets recorded has to be authenticated with PD's servers.

Yeah. I currently doubt that there will be any replay vids soon. Also because the games seem to be in the hands of retards. Making a pic and loading it onto a usb stick shouldn't have to be such a difficult task though.

PjotrStroganov said:
Why hasn't anybody used photomode yet?

Maybe because is not that important?

I kid, i know how people love this mode, but the amount of actual news from our czech friends is pretty thin, some one line responses and a few videos.

Track selection, intro and dealership walkthrough are the big news really, all the other stuff is just a big ? at this point.

mr_nothin

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Loving those fireworks! :D

Also... to the guys complaining about the graphics...

Well it looks like this if not filmed with a crappy camera...
dark10x said:
Looks just like a PSX game!
Cant believe people are taking what I said to heart :lol
GT5 looks amazing but that video makes it look last gen/ps1-ish. Maybe I should have just stuck with PS2. Reading comprehension out the window....

I dont think anybody's complaining about graphics (besides mclaren77)

-viper-

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
Yeah. I currently doubt that there will be any replay vids soon. Also because the games seem to be in the hands of retards. Making a pic and loading it onto a usb stick shouldn't have to be such a difficult task though.
Unless PD have copied Turn 10's crappy implementation of photomode; where the photos can only be accessed online as opposed to saving directly to a USB stick.

PjotrStroganov said:

And that´s advanced. I´m not even questioning them on the upload department, i just wish they would give us 20-30 minutes on a message board typing stuff, answering questions.

I know he does not want to spoil the game for us, but i still think we could get a bit more.

Once again i remember the situation with GT4, Chaser fan was one of the first to get the game back in december of 2004, and i don´t remember a lot of videos, but he was always taking questions on GTP.

Konosuke

-viper- said:
Unless PD have copied Turn 10's crappy implementation of photomode; where the photos can only be accessed online as opposed to saving directly to a USB stick.
In GT4 you can save it to a USB stick, so why would they change it?

darkwing

seattle6418 said:
And that´s advanced. I´m not even questioning them on the upload department, i just wish they would give us 20-30 minutes on a message board typing stuff, answering questions.

I know he does not want to spoil the game for us, but i still think we could get a bit more.

Once again i remember the situation with GT4, Chaser fan was one of the first to get the game back in december of 2004, and i don´t remember a lot of videos, but he was always taking questions on GTP.

they don't want to mess with ninjas

NHale

I had lunch with my friend that works at FNAC in Portugal and he said the only info he has is that stock will arrive next week but that the launch date is not set in stone yet.

However his "theory" is that Sony will not announce the release date before NFS: Hot Pursuit releases because of the great relationship between EA and Sony. Everyone is going crazy with theories! :lol

darkwing

NHale said:
I had lunch with my friend that works at FNAC in Portugal and he said the only info he has is that stock will arrive next week but that the launch date is not set in stone yet.

However his "theory" is that Sony will not announce the release date before NFS: Hot Pursuit releases because of the great relationship between EA and Sony. Everyone is going crazy with theories! :lol

woah that might be a possibility, GT5 is making me paranoid

NHale said:

88224112.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
NHale said:

Theories everywhere!

Firewire

Banned
Fapping and Raging aside I wish some of these guys that have the game can look into some of the online parts of GT5. I realize the servers aren't up and most if not all of the functions can't be accessed right now but I'm sure the manual would have some info on the modes and how races can be setup.

NHale said:

That coincides with what I've heard

Metalmurphy said:
Ok then, after someone here mentioned that FNAC had a kiosk setup I went to my local FNAC. Gaming section was completely decorated with GT5, they had a Gameracer Pro playseat set up n stuff to test the game (Old build). When I went to ask if they had a release date already I noticed a magazine rack with lots of magazines GT5 on the cover:

http://imgur.com/Zb9fK.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found this:
http://imgur.com/Zxp80.jpg

Now, before you jump on me and go all "PLACEHOLDER!"... Thing is their placeholder date is different, and still on the website actually, which was Nov30. Also this magazine was printed for this week, wasn't there on the weekend. But ofc, I was as suspicious as everyone else here so I asked if this date was official. The guy I talked too was actually very well informed, he was even aware of the leaks that have been happening, and most importantly, he didn't seem to be bullshitting me. He mentioned that Sony has been/will be shipping the game irregularly, and he expects different countries to have different dates between 20 Nov - 30 Nov. They got word from Sony they'll be getting their games towards the end of next week, and they plan to start selling them on the 24.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24291223&postcount=5290

Despera

Banned
Just called one of our local stores, here's what went down... (Me = 1, clerk = 2)

1 "Hi"

2 "Hello"

1 "GT5 available yet?"

2 "You mean GT6, right?"

1 "Nope o_O. GT5?"

2 "Well, 5 is already out so the new one is definitely 6"

1 "You're talking about Prologue..."

2 "Yeah, GT5: Prologue."

1 "umm... The prologue part means it's like a demo of the final build ya know"

2 "mm hmm. So how can I help you?"

1 "Any GT5 news? When can I expect it?"

2 "I just told you we already have it. Unless you're talking about GT6 then I have no idea."

1 "O..k... um What about Black Ops. Hopefully there are some copies left for me hehe"

2 "You're talking about COD 8, right? Sorry, but we're out. Game selling like crazy here!"

1 "I might check your store later then. Bye"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I called the main branch...

1 "Hello"

2 "Yes?"

1 "The new GT game... do you have it?"

2 "Umm... I'm sorry but that game is banned here"

1 "WHAT!?"

2 "Yeah, Grand Theft Auto is banned you know... But if you want I can try and find you a copy <.< >.>"

1 "Oh... I was talking about Gran Turismo actually. I already know that GTA is banned."

2 "ahaha I thought you said GTA... Well, I'm not sure but we're expecting a shipment next week."

1 " So nothing confirmed..."

2 "Yes"

1 "Ok then... thanks."

Total failure :(

vulva

I can confirm that no official versions of GT5 are on any torrent trackers. So whoever in the wild got these copies are either not part of that scene/have no interest in it or have no idea how to rip and upload blu-rays.

This makes me think this is all viral from Sony, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom