• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travado

NHale said:
I had lunch with my friend that works at FNAC in Portugal and he said the only info he has is that stock will arrive next week but that the launch date is not set in stone yet.

However his "theory" is that Sony will not announce the release date before NFS: Hot Pursuit releases because of the great relationship between EA and Sony. Everyone is going crazy with theories! :lol

Oh "great"! If Sony didn't launch GT 5 in 23-27 november, the next week will be december already and in the first day of that month Monster Hunter Portable 3rd will hit Japan. And GT5 will not be released that week to preserve the relationship between Sony and Capcom? :/

desu

I kinda want the game to leak, as long as its before the release date. That would be final nail in the coffin of things going wrong.

But looks pretty fake so ...

-viper-

Banned
Happy Phantom said:
I can confirm that no official versions of GT5 are on any torrent trackers. So whoever in the wild got these copies are either not part of that scene/have no interest in it or have no idea how to rip and upload blu-rays.

This makes me think this is all viral from Sony, tbh.
If you got a shitty 200x200 resolution camera then of course you're not going to have a blu-ray reader. :p

paskowitz

I just checked my private tracker site (which gets everything at least a week before the rest of the net) (which I do not use)... and GT5 is not up there. Upon further investigation none of the major release groups have a copy... which leads me to the conclusion the pictures posted are bogus.

That 54.7GB GT5 file must be a giant virus:lol

In related news, GT4 did came out early for pirates, but i don´t think that´s the case now.

desu said:
I kinda want the game to leak, as long as its before the release date. That would be final nail in the coffin of things going wrong.

But looks pretty fake so ...

What looks fake? The game is out there just not on Torrents.

Lothars

paskowitz said:
I just checked my private waffle site (which gets everything at least a week before the rest of the net) (which I do not use)... and GT5 is not up there. Upon further investigation none of the major release groups have a copy... which leads me to the conclusion the pictures posted are bogus.

I doubt they are bogus because they are not on any major release groups, it doesn't mean anything.

vulva

paskowitz said:
I just checked my private waffle site (which gets everything at least a week before the rest of the net) (which I do not use)... and GT5 is not up there. Upon further investigation none of the major release groups have a copy... which leads me to the conclusion the pictures posted are bogus.
private waffle site? waffles is a music tracker

Senua

Despera said:
Just called one of our local stores, here's what went down... (Me = 1, clerk = 2)

1 "Hi"

2 "Hello"

1 "GT5 available yet?"

2 "You mean GT6, right?"

1 "Nope o_O. GT5?"

2 "Well, 5 is already out so the new one is definitely 6"

1 "You're talking about Prologue..."

2 "Yeah, GT5: Prologue."

1 "umm... The prologue part means it's like a demo of the final build ya know"

2 "mm hmm. So how can I help you?"

1 "Any GT5 news? When can I expect it?"

2 "I just told you we already have it. Unless you're talking about GT6 then I have no idea."

1 "O..k... um What about Black Ops. Hopefully there are some copies left for me hehe"

2 "You're talking about COD 8, right? Sorry, but we're out. Game selling like crazy here!"

1 "I might check your store later then. Bye"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I called the main branch...

1 "Hello"

2 "Yes?"

1 "The new GT game... do you have it?"

2 "Umm... I'm sorry but that game is banned here"

1 "WHAT!?"

2 "Yeah, Grand Theft Auto is banned you know... But if you want I can try and find you a copy <.< >.>"

1 "Oh... I was talking about Gran Turismo actually. I already know that GTA is banned."

2 "ahaha I thought you said GTA... Well, I'm not sure but we're expecting a shipment next week."

1 " So nothing confirmed..."

2 "Yes"

1 "Ok then... thanks."

Total failure :(
lol what

Despera

Banned
Lothars said:
I doubt they are bogus because they are not on any major release groups, it doesn't mean anything.

Game size = 54.7 gigs?

521 seeders & 14 leechers?

Downloaded to completion 1058 times?

So fake it hurts...

paskowitz

Lothars said:

Sure a single person or unknown group could have done it... but think about it. They would have to get an early copy (from some random country), get the data of the disc and then make it run with the jailbrake/make the jailbrake jun with it. Considering these copies have been in people's hands for no more than a week, I do not see how any of that is possible. Its not like cracking a PC game, which a baby can do. From my reading PS3 games are not that hard they just require time.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
SolidSnakex said:
So the first two PSblog updates today are about watching shit on your PS3. Glad Sony really understands what their fans want.
They must have the typical editorial comitee, that selects subjects 2 months before their publication. The leak story dwfense update should be ready by end of december.

paskowitz said:
Sure a single person or unknown group could have done it... but think about it. They would have to get an early copy (from some random country), get the data of the disc and then make it run with the jailbrake/make the jailbrake jun with it. Considering these copies have been in people's hands for no more than a week, I do not see how any of that is possible. Its not like cracking a PC game, which a baby can do. From my reading PS3 games are not that hard they just require time.

Maybe that´s why they are so slow on the videos and news.

Rengoku

seattle6418 said:
That 54.7GB GT5 file must be a giant virus:lol

In related news, GT4 did came out early for pirates, but i don´t think that´s the case now.

If the file is real, maybe some folks can do some data mining, and maybe we'll finally get a proper car list.

Wazzim

Banned
Despera said:
Game size = 54.7 gigs?

521 seeders & 14 leechers?

Downloaded to completion 1058 times?

So fake it hurts...
lol Pirates would upload all kinds of videos and post info somewhere if it would be real.

torontoml

SolidSnakex said:
So the first two PSblog updates today are about watching shit on your PS3. Glad Sony really understands what their fans want.
Though I really want GT5 info, the NHL service is something I am seriously considering.

commedieu

Banned
PNstyle said:
Thank you very much :)

no..

thank you...

mUL70.jpg

I love women a little less than I love gt.

dwebo

paskowitz said:
Hold on a sec, dual layer BD discs are 50gb right...?
Yeah. I'll bet the game fits on a single layer BD, if anything. If they can fit Prologue sans HD video into less than 2gb, I don't see why the optional 10gb install can't include all cars/tracks.

offshore

That story about Sony waiting until Hot Pursuit releases before announcing the date is just...I don't understand it. The two games aren't even in any real competition; one's a sim, the other is arcade. Sure EA and Sony are friends, but this is business. Sony should grow a pair.

vulva

paskowitz said:
No. In fact nothing major, or real has happened for over a week.
man, between your confusing 'my private waffle site', the omission of the opening credits being uploaded and your confusing understanding of the process of cracking PC gaming DRM... I'm very confused by your amount of knowledge on what's going on in general.

What happened with the review copies?

Some people in the industry do have more info than we (remember when Sin confirmed the printed copies), but we haven´t heard from them.

If the game is coming out on the 23rd, then reviewers should have their copies by now.

We know most of them don´t even have the info on when they will get their copies.

This is a bit overlooked, but to me is important. So game journalists will pick up a copy of the game on the 23rd and then review it? After it´s in the shelves?

Something does not add up. I bet "exclusive" reviwers like IGN and OPM are already playing their copies.

NHale

offshore said:
That story about Sony waiting until Hot Pursuit releases before announcing the date is just...I don't understand it. The two games aren't even in any real competition; one's a sim, the other is arcade. Sure EA and Sony are friends, but this is business. Sony should grow a pair.

It's not a story, it's a "theory" made by someone that happens to work at a retailer but it's not supported by any fact. Kotaku will make a story out of this, isn't it?

And NFS: Hot Pursuit sales will suffer if GT5 releases around the same time. While NFS: Hot Pursuit only appeals to the arcade crowd, GT5 is a mainstream title and appeals to the arcade and sim audience. If both games released in the same time frame, Hot Pursuit PS3 sales would clearly suffer.

Esorciccio

Neo Member
Happy Phantom said:
This makes me think this is all viral from Sony, tbh.

this, coupled to the fact that the person who's uploading videos did show little to nothing new thigs in terms of new features.

So far we've seen: Eiger Norway (or watever the name is..) rain (already seen in the past) with Pagani Zonda (seen) or CRZ (heh...), then 2 new tracks not very impressive (night route video..and the z4 video), ?complete? track list (guessable, and no bombs since major already leaked during past months) a strange CRZ ?realtime ?commercial (meh..) an intro (ehm...hope is fake) but nothing regarding ONLINE.

We did not have any damage video, as we had during shows....

So, it seems that the leakage is more like a spillage to keet us pushing F5 :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom