• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainier

Esorciccio said:
this, coupled to the fact that the person who's uploading videos did show little to nothing new thigs in terms of new features.

So far we've seen: Eiger Norway (or watever the name is..) rain (already seen in the past) with Pagani Zonda (seen) or CRZ (heh...), then 2 new tracks not very impressive (night route video..and the z4 video), ?complete? track list (guessable, and no bombs since major already leaked during past months) a strange CRZ ?realtime ?commercial (meh..) an intro (ehm...hope is fake) but nothing regarding ONLINE.

We did not have any damage video, as we had during shows....

So, it seems that the leakage is more like a spillage to keet us pushing F5 :lol
This. I heard that in rehearsals, the guy originally showed his ass instead of flipping us off, but the writing team and focus groups deemed that it was too pasty white to convey the correct message.

dalin80

Banned
dwebo said:
Yeah. I'll bet the game fits on a single layer BD, if anything. If they can fit Prologue sans HD video into less than 2gb, I don't see why the optional 10gb install can't include all cars/tracks.

keep in mind that GT5p has 1/10th of the tracks, 1/20th of the cars and almost none of the many many features and advancements of GT5 full has.

5825 needs to use ustream with live chat:D

That would be awesome, but considering that he said he doesn´t want to give away surprises, it´s not likely to happen.

About the review copies, i know that Amar, Alphasnake and Nofi still haven´t received their copies, but i´m sure some outlets already have. (hard to believe Famitsu still doesn´t have one).

Specially considering that yesterday in the misdt of the PSblog madness, they told us they were playing GT5 at the office.

One more thing: the leaked copies proved that KY theory of missing the cut by only three days means that review copies were finished at least by mid-october.

A bunch of guesses, but is just to point out that probably Sony is "sitting" on those review copies for at least a month. If they were so afraid of leaks, maybe they´re not so happy about what´s been going on this week.

The viral theory is still acceptable, but hard to believe considering Sony is still Sony.

Despera

Banned
Sony, HELP!!

Some guy has kidnapped my family, burned every house in my neighborhood and blew up a couple of hospitals in my city.

When he contacted me via my cellphone I told him I’d give him all I’ve got… Instead of demanding… he was crying. All I could make out was…

“can’t take it any more… something something Jive.. I want it now!!”

Then his voice cleared up and he asked me for the password to open the safe. It’s where we hide our monyez in the least cliched way. He threatened to kill my family so I told him “ok ok… First enter C and then Z…”. That’s when he suddenly panicked, and screamed something like “Stop! oh God!! No more Cs and Zs!! WHHHY!! You @#$@%$^%&#$%#$%”

And then he killed himself. Wait what? Oh right. He’s already dead…

Sorry to bother you, Sony.

Elaborate shit right there...

Edit: just got deleted too :lol

Ok people let's stop the childish spam thing. I thought we stopped doing that.

Esorciccio

Neo Member
seattle6418 said:
5825 needs to use ustream with live chat:D

That would be awesome, but considering that he said he doesn´t want to give away surprises, it´s not likely to happen.

Uhm...but why should he be so smart...he woult become the king of the internet by spoiling GT5 features now...

seattle6418 said:
About the review copies, i know that Amar, Alphasnake and Nofi still haven´t received their copies, but i´m sure some outlets already have. (hard to believe Famitsu still doesn´t have one).

We need clear, high resolution, made with a newspaper near the copy (to certificate date as in kidnappings...) of that. We need PROOF

seattle6418 said:
Specially considering that yesterday in the misdt of the PSblog madness, they told us they were playing GT5 at the office.

In this case apart from pictures we want also videos, on tracks and with cars not yet seen in any demo...

seattle6418 said:
One more thing: the leaked copies proved that KY theory of missing the cut by only three days means that review copies were finished at least by mid-october.

A bunch of guesses, but is just to point out that probably Sony is "sitting" on those review copies for at least a month. If they were so afraid of leaks, maybe they´re not so happy about what´s been going on this week.

If the printed discs exist, WHY in hell we still not have a release date???

sigh

eso76

seattle6418 said:
maybe they´re not so happy about what´s been going on this week.

on the contrary, they should be; they were so lucky the only copies leaked, somehow all went to guys who don't want to show us anything that wasn't already revealed.

dwebo

dalin80 said:
keep in mind that GT5p has 1/10th of the tracks, 1/20th of the cars and almost none of the many many features and advancements of GT5 full has.
Well, GT5P had 6 locations, GT5 will have 20-30? (variations shouldn't take up too much additional space) As for cars, there'll be three times as many cars that are much high quality, but the rest will be of possibly much lower quality. I'd imagine car and track data should take up the vast majority of non-video space.

In any case, I'm mostly hoping the 10gb covers most of it since my slim's disc drive has been sounding (much) louder the past few weeks. The less reading the laser needs to do, the better :lol

commedieu

Banned
eso76 said:
on the contrary, they should be; they were so lucky the only copies leaked, somehow all went to guys who don't want to show us anything that wasn't already revealed.

I just can't believe that these guys.. with all this expensive equipment.. have no friends with, or don't have themselves, hd cams/capture.. anything.

Isnt the iphone 720p?

eso76 said:

It only makes us hold on to unrealistic hopes that everything we want is in.

I predict some letdowns when we finally see 100% what the game has to offer.

Sounds crazy, doesn´t it? I will love the game, but the expectations are sooo high it´s almost not fair.

It´s been like this this week:

"5825 hasn´t showed feature A"

"Maybe feature A shows up later, i´m sure it will"

Some will, some won´t. I´m already preparing myself for a clustered HUD, a bare bones Nascar mode, for damage being limited and not having major effect on the races, and for some of my favorite tracks missing the cut (SSR11 and Seattle, :(

Their way of revealing stuff only makes people expect more. "I don´t want to ruin surprises" So the first thing to go through my head is "my god, so there are a bunch of surprises".

I am starting to feel like Patrick Bateman but with GT5 and internet forums instead of hookers and blow.

"It has all the characteristics of a video game: graphics, sound, online play; but not a single, clear, identifiable release date, except video leaks and nerd disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly forum lust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."

gutterboy44 said:
I am starting to feel like Patrick Bateman but with GT5 and internet forums instead of hookers and blow.

"It has all the characteristics of a video game: graphics, sound, online play; but not a single, clear, identifiable release date, except video leaks and nerd disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly forum lust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."

Sounds pretty much like me.

Just got back from lunch. I'll just assume Sony hasn't said a thing.

offshore

seattle6418 said:
I´m already preparing myself for...a bare bones Nascar mode
You should have been prepared for that a long time ago ;-)

Seriously, I'm glad this guy isn't recording and posting everything, and giving things away. I shouldn't have watched the intro, the Zonda footage and the Ferrari garage and the other menu video. But I can't resist :(

Despera

Banned
gutterboy44 said:

Then what are you gonna do to yourself when Man-City wins?

Jilt

DoctorWho said:
Toronto Tower?

CN Tower, right?

I guess so, I mean this one:
Toronto%27s_CN_Tower.jpg

offshore said:
You should have been prepared for that a long time ago ;-)

Seriously, I'm glad this guy isn't recording and posting everything, and giving things away. I shouldn't have watched the intro, the Zonda footage and the Ferrari garage and the other menu video. But I can't resist :(

Part of me also wants surprises and is glad he´s doing this.

But then i cave in and watch videos.

I don´t make sense. This is GT5´s fault.

Despera said:
Then what are you gonna do to yourself when Man-City wins?
offshore said:
He'll probably start supporting City :lol

That will never happen, no matter how much GT5 gets to me.

God damn virus is fucking our squad up. Maybe Wazza gets a start tonight, oh shit wait no, fucker is over here in the states.

Jilt

DoctorWho said:
Yup, that's our giant phallic symbol. Doesn't Tokyo have their own tower though?

Yeah TOkyo has a tower, but it does not look anything like the one at the and of that vid.

gutterboy44 said:
That will never happen, no matter how much GT5 gets to me.

God damn virus is fucking our squad up. Maybe Wazza gets a start tonight, oh shit wait no, fucker is over here in the states.

Berba, Scholes and Carrick are back.

I'm expecting Berbarito to tear City apart.

offshore

SolidSnakex said:
Sony finally had the intro movie removed from rybakdany's account.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Actually, should I laugh? Did they leave a little while before removing it on purpose, to try to get some attention? I don't know. Sony are fumbling this so badly I don't know what to think anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom