• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Edit ^^^ oh snap

Still no date yet? Well Im just gonna assume its coming out before the end of the month. Yeah...

any idea what the level cap is?

ie - you need to be lv 24 to buy the F1 Ferraris. is that it?

can you just keep going higher and higher and higher as you do more racing? I'd love if there wasn't a cap.

Ezalc

crazy monkey said:
haha same for me. Only thing my eyes were looking for. we need more video of that :lol

We need to find out her name.

But on topic, There are supposed to be 70 tracks in total correct? I'm just wondering if any of the Brazilian F1 circuits were in I don't remember reading them on the list.

dwebo

Ezalc said:
We need to find out her name.
You mean her? (was going to reply earlier but got distracted by the new videos)

w4U6p.jpg

BeeDog

Great videos, but what's up with the odd-looking reflections on the cars? I don't think this was a problem before at all, but now it's very noticeable. I really hope it's just some kind of glitch that may be patched.

I just noticed, the game installs as you play. If you select a car in the dealership that you haven't played with yet it appears "Installing..." in the bottom right corner. Pretty neat.

BeeDog said:
Great videos, but what's up with the odd-looking reflections on the cars? I don't think this was a problem before at all, but now it's very noticeable. I really hope it's just some kind of glitch that may be patched.
What odd looking reflections? oO

Metalmurphy said:
I just noticed, the game installs as you play. If you select a car in the dealership that you haven't played with yet it appears "Installing..." in the bottom right corner. Pretty neat.

That's a pretty cool idea but I wonder if there is an option to just install everything right away. I'll make a steak while the thing installs for 30 minutes if that means shorter loading later.

dwebo

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah the guy that put up the SEMA report said in that thread that tracks installed the first time you race on one, though he wasn't sure if that was because it was a demo.

BeeDog

Metalmurphy said:

What odd looking reflections? oO

In several clips, you can notice that the environmental reflections on cars are janky, and "pop in" in a very strange fashion. Check around 0:17 in the Deep Forest clip, the reflections on the cars are all messed up.

BeeDog said:
In several clips, you can notice that the environmental reflections on cars are janky, and "pop in" in a very strange fashion. Check around 0:17 in the Deep Forest clip, the reflections on the cars are all messed up.

I got to say that i'm thankful that I don't notice this nonsense. I don't know how some people enjoy games when something like that stands out.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
I got to say that i'm thankful that I don't notice this nonsense. I don't know how some people enjoy games when something like that stands out.

Just because you might not notice this doesn't make it "nonsense", I don't think I'm the first one to point this out. I don't see why pointing this (or any other small inconsistencies) out makes it seem like I won't enjoy this game. I'm pointing stuff like this out because I expect PD to actually fix stuff like this, seeing as how they've always wanted to give off a perfectionist vibe.

jett said:
:lol The game installs each car to your HD first time you view it. I wonder how much is this game going to end up taking on the HD

It has an optional 10GB installation. I'm guessing that he didn't do that though and just went with the minimum 256MB.

Carl

Fistwell said:
I'd rather a sudden influx of official release date.

Well obviously, we all would, but it's obvious Sony still have their fingers in their ears, loudly telling themselves that they are doing a brilliant job.

mr_nothin

Banned
jett said:
:lol The game installs each car to your HD first time you view it. I wonder how much is this game going to end up taking on the HD
Hopefully it decreases the load time for the cars considerably.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
10 GB

Kaz laughs at Sony's TCR

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
belvedere said:
So all new cars are Premium I take it?
It looks that way, and the standards are used (duh). Im guessing the cars that you can win are mixed between standard and premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom