• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl said:
Well obviously, we all would, but it's obvious Sony still have their fingers in their ears, loudly telling themselves that they are doing a brilliant job.
How does it go again? Frothing demand increasing?

Ezalc

BeeDog said:
Just because you might not notice this doesn't make it "nonsense", I don't think I'm the first one to point this out. I don't see why pointing this (or any other small inconsistencies) out makes it seem like I won't enjoy this game. I'm pointing stuff like this out because I expect PD to actually fix stuff like this, seeing as how they've always wanted to give off a perfectionist vibe.

Damn that just sounds like you're nitpicking. If something so small as a minor graphical glitch will impede you from enjoying the game then I'm surprised you're able to play any sort of game at all.

commedieu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I got to say that i'm thankful that I don't notice this nonsense. I don't know how some people enjoy games when something like that stands out.

I notice it too. But gt5's 'janky' reflections combine with the rest of GT to make the most photo-realistic pc sim known to man. (released to few). Its one thing to notice the things, its totally different to get caught up on them and cry about it, as we will most definitely will see. As if reflections alone are the sole reason to buy a game. I also noticed they go away after the start, or maybe I didn't care as much as I was touching myself with the childhood memories of deep forest.

GT's is going to be plagued by all these eagle eye'd critics. But seeing as how laughable gaming media is now at days, PD will get the praise from GDC and other developer centric awards. But I doubt this game is going to score higher than Forza3 with such significant problems like these reflections popping in. Folks are just looking for a single excuse to say:

"6 years for this?"

Just watch. My only problem with GT5's detractors, is that they are more than likely car sim fans, and have played several sims out there on consoles. While GT's going to have its flaws, its flaws are the best looking ones. While immersion is ruined with visuals that aren't nearly as close to photo real as GT, while immersion is ruined by low polygon vehicles/track disappearing etc... it doesn't seem to affect these people until they are playing a game on a PS3. Then the entire world is over with a screentear, and the game is instantly returned.

Its nitpicking at this point. Especially when you consider the entire frame/picture being shown. If PD isn't a perfectionist, I want to see another developer who could possibly complete with their work quality.

BeeDog said:
Just because you might not notice this doesn't make it "nonsense", I don't think I'm the first one to point this out. I don't see why pointing this (or any other small inconsistencies) out makes it seem like I won't enjoy this game. I'm pointing stuff like this out because I expect PD to actually fix stuff like this, seeing as how they've always wanted to give off a perfectionist vibe.

That true but still there is only so much the PS3 can do , no game will ever be perfect .
PD has done so much with the hardware already but your still going to see a glitch or 2.

The nit picking on this game going to be crazy .

Flek

Banned
what the fuck … so all non preimium cars are only cars from gt4 right?

And i haven´t seen saab as a dealer in any of the leaked videos so far. So this means saab is not in the game :( !!??

I have to say iam sad now … i would have loved to drive some nice classic saabs in gt5.

How is this the perfect driving game when it is missing complete car manufacturers :( ?

zoukka

Ezalc said:
Damn that just sounds like you're nitpicking. If something so small as a minor graphical glitch will impede you from enjoying the game then I'm surprised you're able to play any sort of game at all.

Where did he say it impedes him from enjoying the game?

BeeDog

Ezalc said:

While I hate pointing out reading comprehension problems, I never said nor implied that I won't buy this game just because the reflections are odd. Read again; I'm just saying that I find it strange that the perfectionists at PD didn't fix small stuff like that.

Don't worry, I'll enjoy this game just like the rest of you.

BeeDog said:
In several clips, you can notice that the environmental reflections on cars are janky, and "pop in" in a very strange fashion. Check around 0:17 in the Deep Forest clip, the reflections on the cars are all messed up.

Most problems that i have seen in the reflections are in standard cars, not premiums

Flek said:
what the fuck … so all non preimium cars are only cars from gt4 right?

And i haven´t seen saab as a dealer in any of the leaked videos so far. So this means saab is not in the game :( !!??

I have to say iam sad now … i would have loved to drive some nice classic saabs in gt5.

How is this the perfect driving game when it is missing complete car manufacturers :( ?

Assuming from incomplete facts isn't rationale.

mr_nothin

Banned
Carl said:
Well obviously, we all would, but it's obvious Sony still have their fingers in their ears, loudly telling themselves that they are doing a brilliant job.
Well the hype has increased 10 fold in the past few weeks. Dude has the #17 most viewed channel (globally) on youtube right now. If that's not massive hype and build up then IDK what is. Tons of people are talking about every single little bit of info/video/screen that's released. These videos are getting me in hype overdrive mode right now. I wasn't even THAT hyped before...I mean I was hyped but for some reason I wasnt frothing at the mouth and now I am.

This is like the worst marketing but also the best.

A thread about the release date of GT5 has more views and posts than a COD thread. :O
Anecdotal I know but still! That's crazy

BeeDog said:
While I hate pointing out reading comprehension problems, I never said nor implied that I won't buy this game just because the reflections are odd. Read again; I'm just saying that I find it strange that the perfectionists at PD didn't fix small stuff like that.

Maybe it's simply not possible for them to fix it. They're pushing the PS3 hardware harder than any other developer right now. So it's not going to be completely perfect in every aspect.

commedieu

Banned
zoukka said:

I don't think he says it implicitly. But the personality type that feigns concern over an insignificant glitch in a game and makes it into a big deal, could be extracted from the comment, especially how it was written. Then the comments about how PD is supposed to be perfectionists.

Basically any glitch in GT5 will cast doubt on all the work/features/time/visuals/effort done. Since they are self proclaimed perfectionists.

Its a bit lame. Not to say you cant point out a glitch, but pointing one out then questioning the work ethic of PD is whats lame. When all in all the minority of people will experience/notice it. And its not like GT5 hasn't been trolled in the same way for the past 5 years. There are certain ways of saying things, that wouldn't get a negative response because it seems one way that its not.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
Maybe it's simply not possible for them to fix it. They're pushing the PS3 hardware harder than any other developer right now. So it's not going to be completely perfect in every aspect.

Of course, that could always be because of hardware limitations, but I also said that this wasn't a problem with older clips/builds. I'm just noticing it in the latest batch of videos, and therefore I also added "I hope this can be patched".

commedieu said:
I don't think he says it implicitly. But the personality type that feigns concern over an insignificant glitch in a game and makes it into a big deal, could be extracted from the comment, especially how it was written. Then the comments about how PD is supposed to be perfectionists.

Basically any glitch in GT5 will cast doubt on all the work/features/time/visuals/effort done. Since they are self proclaimed perfectionists.

Its a bit lame. Not to say you cant point out a glitch, but pointing one out then questioning the work ethic of PD is whats lame. When all in all the minority of people will experience/notice it. And its not like GT5 hasn't been trolled in the same way for the past 5 years. There are certain ways of saying things, that wouldn't get a negative response because it seems one way that its not.

If that's what you're reading from my post(s), then I really don't know what to say. I assumed that my GT5 posts over the months proved I'm not trolling this game and am just as genuinely excited as anyone. I don't see how me picking on some minor glitches will cause the sky to fall down.

dwebo said:
You mean her? (was going to reply earlier but got distracted by the new videos)

w4U6p.jpg

I thank you good man. google here i cum

Carl

mr_nothin said:
Well the hype has increased 10 fold in the past few weeks. Dude has the #17 most viewed channel (globally) on youtube right now. If that's not massive hype and build up then IDK what is. Tons of people are talking about every single little bit of info/video/screen that's released. These videos are getting me in hype overdrive mode right now. I wasn't even THAT hyped before...I mean I was hyped but for some reason I wasnt frothing at the mouth and now I am.

A thread about the release date of GT5 has more views and posts than a COD thread. :O

Mm, you make a good point. It's so absolutely terrible it's almost good.

Flek

Banned
demosthenes said:
Assuming from incomplete facts isn't rationale.

true. But:
i have seen like 3 car dealer videos > no saab
i have seen the used cars video > no saab
i have seen all gt5 trailers / videos > no saab
i have read every information about the game, everthing > no saab

:(

Racer30

mr_nothin said:

Yes the hype is at maximum right now, with new things being shown...in a couple of weeks thats not the case...the game should have been here now!

Ezalc

zoukka said:

Well I seem to have read it wrong, sorry about that. Still, it's a minor glitch or whatever and even if they are perfectionists they're bound to have a few slip ups.

BeeDog said:
Of course, that could always be because of hardware limitations, but I also said that this wasn't a problem with older clips/builds. I'm just noticing it in the latest batch of videos, and therefore I also added "I hope this can be patched".

In older builds there wasn't standard cars.

dwebo

BSTF said:
Gorgeous icons for the races. Bit disappointed with the special events. I thought there was supposed to be a set of Stig challenges or something? It looks like the Top Gear stuff will just be
three different races on the track.

BSTF said:
Damn, we'll have seen the whole game in an hour at this rate :lol

Looks like "Overhaul Engine" and "Restore Body Rigidity" confirm that cars will degrade over time/use for whoever was asking earlier.

dwebo said:
Gorgeous icons for the races. Bit disappointed with the special events. I thought there was supposed to be a set of Stig challenges or something? It looks like the Top Gear stuff will just be
three different races on the track.
That's just the beginner's set for the Top Gear special events.

BeeDog said:
In several clips, you can notice that the environmental reflections on cars are janky, and "pop in" in a very strange fashion. Check around 0:17 in the Deep Forest clip, the reflections on the cars are all messed up.

I'm not saying it's not there, but it took me about 10 times to even look for something like that. I won't say it's not a point of discussion ... but that kind of shit is just expected in a console game.

I can't see how you could possibly enjoy ANY game ever made if stuff like that is what you notice and decide to comment on instead of the good stuff ... but like I said, to each his own and I really hope the OT doesn't turn into a nitpick of things like that ... not that we'll ever know ...

EDIT: Read more of your comments ... still find it strange that you decide to comment on that and not look at the whole picture. Is there a shadow glitch? Yes. Is it running at 1080p and 60FPS on 5-6 year old hardware? Yes.

It's one thing to talk about glitches but to imply that PD isn't "perfectionists" because of a hardware limitation just seems like an excuse to find a flaw in a game.

dwebo

ashbash159 said:
That's just the beginner's set for the Top Gear special events.
Eh, beginner's was just the Samba bus, intermediate was with the Elises. He wasn't high enough level to access expert, but I'd imagine it's just another race with faster cars.

dwebo said:
Eh, beginner's was just the Samba bus, intermediate was with the Elises. He wasn't high enough level to access expert, but I'd imagine it's just another race with faster cars.
Yeah sorry I didn't check before posting. Kind of disappointing but at least the test track is in the game. The Stig is in the game so I don't know where he fits it if it isn't in the special events.

I wonder if the Restore Body Rigidity option is for fixing a damage car or just fixing up a car that has been driven a lot? Sort of like when you gave a car an oil change in previous games and it would boost it's performance.

Minimaul

Fender_Uk said:
you cannot change the wheels on a standard model car WTF

What? You can't PAINT standard wheels - as in STOCK wheels. Just like Forza. But you can paint aftermarket ones. It's not "you can't paint wheels on standard cars" it's "you can't paint stock wheels".

dwebo

ashbash159 said:
Yeah sorry I didn't check before posting. Kind of disappointing but at least the test track is in the game. The Stig is in the game so I don't know where he fits it if it isn't in the special events.
Well I did some googling and apparently that menu used to look something like this (from the TGS build).

9lJ53.jpg

Now:
0Dddq.jpg

They killed the Stig! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom