• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

flyinpiranha said:
I'm not saying it's not there, but it took me about 10 times to even look for something like that. I won't say it's not a point of discussion ... but that kind of shit is just expected in a console game.

I can't see how you could possibly enjoy ANY game ever made if stuff like that is what you notice and decide to comment on instead of the good stuff ... but like I said, to each his own and I really hope the OT doesn't turn into a nitpick of things like that ... not that we'll ever know ...

There's no shortage of positive impressions here, so one more "OMG!!1" post won't really do much difference. Once again, just because I "nitpicked" one thing doesn't mean I solely focus on this stuff when I actually play. I don't have the game in my hands, and can't actually have any fun with the game, so watching videos just makes these small graphical oddities much more noticeable to my eyes.

Flek

Banned
dalin80 said:
There have been thousands of car manufactures of the century of car production.

yes but most of them do not have the status and fanbase saab has. Also saab is the most important swedish car manufacturer

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dwebo said:
Well I did some googling and apparently that menu used to look something like this (from the TGS build).

9lJ53.jpg

Now:
0Dddq.jpg

They killed the Stig! :lol
Isn't that just the Top Gear Challenge in the retail build?

LiquidMetal14

dwebo said:
There's a separate challenge section somewhere? I might've missed it in all the menus :lol
It's all fucking class /rages

And I installed that plugin to refresh GAF threads. SO AWESOME.

paskowitz

SolidSnakex said:
I wonder if the Restore Body Rigidity option is for fixing a damage car or just fixing up a car that has been driven a lot? Sort of like when you gave a car an oil change in previous games and it would boost it's performance.

I bet the more you crash a car the weaker its chassis gets. This option probably restores this effect.

BeeDog said:
There's no shortage of positive impressions here, so one more "OMG!!1" post won't really do much difference. Once again, just because I "nitpicked" one thing doesn't mean I solely focus on this stuff when I actually play. I don't have the game in my hands, and can't actually have any fun with the game, so watching videos just makes these small graphical oddities much more noticeable to my eyes.

True. Sorry if I misunderstood, I just haven't seen your name pop up and while nitpicking is fine, everybody has their right, it just seemed like another drop-in and drop-out post to get people on the defensive as you didn't seem to take it into consideration of what it's running on (old ass hardware) and that PD, of any developer out there, would be considered "perfectionists".

Admittedly, I would prefer to have a cockpit view of every car in the game, but this whole standard v. premium thing seems pointless if all the cars have the same detail level of sound and physics. That is all I care about. I can live with the same rims and lower textures. Just want them to drive properly.

On the Body Shop one of the options is to repair the car. It was previously said that damage to the car doesn't carry over once the race ends, guess that has changed?

Metalmurphy said:
On the Body Shop one of the options is to repair the car. It was previously said that damage to the car doesn't carry over once the race ends, guess that has changed?

That was just some random article for about a year ago. It mentioned that cars would automatically repair themselves after a racebut I don't think that Kaz ever said anything about that aspect.

Leckan

No premium Countach? Oh, well.

And holy Batman, at the amount of Nissans in this game. Undestandable considering PD's close relationship with them combined with the series history with the Skylines in particular, even though many models seems to be the same car with different liveries and mods.

When he selects the AMG Challenge it lists a Nurburgring sector and says "Dry". So that basically confirms that we'll see weather on the Ring. :)

LiquidMetal14

SolidSnakex said:
When he selects the AMG Challenge it lists a Nurburgring sector and says "Dry". So that basically confirms that we'll see weather on the Ring. :)
I want to have some info to hold me over. Realistically, how many more tracks do you expect to see? I know we've seen only the beginning but if you play more I'm sure there will be plenty of more tracks. Just makes me excited thinking of having nearly 100 tracks plus user tracks to race on.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I want to have some info to hold me over. Realistically, how many more tracks do you expect to see? I know we've seen only the beginning but if you play more I'm sure there will be plenty of more tracks. Just makes me excited thinking of having nearly 100 tracks plus user tracks to race on.

I think the general feeling is that there will be around 30 tracks not counting their variations.

Juicy Bob

So they may have removed the Stig completely following the whole real-life drama a few months back? Maybe that contributed to the delay?

Cigol

Metalmurphy said:
Pretty sure it's gonna be used for cars that you receive from other people as well, and quite possibly free DLC :D
Good point. I wonder whether you can transfer the tickets too - since it seems to suggest that with it asking whether you want to use it or not?

So they may have removed the Stig completely following the whole real-life drama a few months back? Maybe that contributed to the delay?
Those were always mock-ups. They've removed, changed a lot based on that old mock-up, so I wouldn't read into it personally.

LiquidMetal14

SolidSnakex said:
I think the general feeling is that there will be around 30 tracks not counting their variations.
More than enough. Some of those variations are very much different than their initial offerings.

I was also playing GT PSP yesterday on Seattle, that will be in right? I love that track and can only imagine what it would look like in GT5's engine.

There seem to be intro videos for each challenge, someone tell him to play one, I wanna see 3D Loeb, Vettle and Gordon :D

SolidSnakex said:
Now that you mention it, there seems to be a clock next to the Sun icon, there isn't one in the other track list, could this be indicating that challenge is using Time Synch?

LiquidMetal14

Goldrusher said:
At least 50 unique venues.
I asked in my last question about Seattle, I assume that's in no? Nothing's confirmed, I know, but I would assume that most of the PSP tracks would make the jump to GT5. I also don't recall seeing the test track in that 1 walkthrough video. I'm getting way to excited to play this without even knowing when that will happen :/

Senua

Minimaul said:
What? You can't PAINT standard wheels - as in STOCK wheels. Just like Forza. But you can paint aftermarket ones. It's not "you can't paint wheels on standard cars" it's "you can't paint stock wheels".
i suggest you watch the video again

a1m

Banned
BeeDog said:
Just because you might not notice this doesn't make it "nonsense", I don't think I'm the first one to point this out. I don't see why pointing this (or any other small inconsistencies) out makes it seem like I won't enjoy this game. I'm pointing stuff like this out because I expect PD to actually fix stuff like this, seeing as how they've always wanted to give off a perfectionist vibe.
No, you're the only one. Can't see any weird reflections nor did PD leave bugs like that.

plainr_

I just got an email from Fingerhut saying GT5 is currently not in stock followed by:

"We are expecting a shipment in a couple of days and another shipment in December."

jockamo said:
I just got an email from Fingerhut saying GT5 is currently not in stock followed by:

"We are expecting a shipment in a couple of days and another shipment in December."

Yeah, guess what. They'll receive their next shipment when GT5 is actually out.

jockamo said:

Yeah, when I called them earlier this morning to change my shipping to express they told me that my copy wouldn't ship out until he 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom