• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
SolidSnakex said:

I wish they would have kept the GT5P Demo presesentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYS0MwFDzOA&hd=1

LiquidMetal14 said:
I want to have some info to hold me over. Realistically, how many more tracks do you expect to see? I know we've seen only the beginning but if you play more I'm sure there will be plenty of more tracks. Just makes me excited thinking of having nearly 100 tracks plus user tracks to race on.

30 total.

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, when I called them earlier this morning to change my shipping to express they told me that my copy wouldn't ship out until he 23rd.
Which is one day off the rumored release date. :lol

Senua

seems pretty weird hardly anyone cares about not being able to change wheels on standard cars

thats like 800 cars guys

Fender_Uk said:
seems pretty weird hardly anyone cares about not being able to change wheels on standard cars

thats like 800 cars guys

Because it's not a big deal really. Although you can go to GTplanet if you want to see people crying about such a minor detail.

Kinda strange that you can't though, considering you could on previous GTs. I mean the fact that the model is from previous versions shouldn't be an issue.

Ashes

Banned
painful fart said:
No need to, it was a joke, thought it would be obvious without smilies, but I learned my lesson. :lol
:lol

I don't recall the mood, butby how I phrased that sentence, It's clear to me that I was joking as well.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Metalmurphy said:
Maybe they have :p That wasn't for when you won/bought a car, it was for newly released cars through DLC.

The animation when you win/buy a car is pretty much the same as Prologue.

Yeah, but I wanted it for all of them. Now that I think about it though, the X1 was covered so maybe it will make a return.

Fender_Uk said:

thats like 800 cars guys

Standard cars are going to be pretty useless and should be thought of as more of a bonus.

Metalmurphy said:
Kinda strange that you can't though, considering you could on previous GTs. I mean the fact that the model is from previous versions shouldn't be an issue.

GT5's premium wheels will look lulz on standard cars :lol

Sucks to hear that though. Some of the standard cars could use a wheel mod or two =/

Senua

SolidSnakex said:
Because it's not a big deal really. Although you can go to GTplanet if you want to see people crying about such a minor detail.
it definitely is to me, mostly all the imports and cars you'd want to bolt things onto/change appearance are standard cars so it sucks i cant put any rims on a peugeot 106 etc, why would i want to put new rims on a ferrari or lambo? its just not the same

evolution

Fender_Uk said:

thats like 800 cars guys
Im sure most people already realized that customization for standard cars was going to be low. There isn't any standard cars i want to drive, so it doesn't bother me.

darkwing

i guess they had other priorities than putting custom rims on Standard cars, i bet review scores will be knocked down to 8 because of this

chifanpoe

Flek said:
yes but most of them do not have the status and fanbase saab has. Also saab is the most important swedish car manufacturer

My good MPG daily driver is a 2002 Saab Viggen, I would love to drive it in the game along with my other RL cars!

Senua

evolution said:
Im sure most people already realized that customization for standard cars was going to be low. There isn't any standard cars i want to drive, so it doesn't bother me.
well yea but you could change the wheels on GT4 and obviously all those cars were the standard ones in gt5

fu3lfr3nzy said:
GT5's premium wheels will look lulz on standard cars :lol

Sucks to hear that though. Some of the standard cars could use a wheel mod or two =/
GT4 had custom rims/wheels. Porting them over has proven too much of a hassle apparently.

jett

D-Member
So The Stig/Top Gear thing was just some races around the track? Meh.

Fender_Uk said:

thats like 800 cars guys

If I had my way I'd disable those cars in my game.

evolution

PjotrStroganov said:
GT4 had custom rims/wheels. Porting them over has proven too much of a hassle apparently.
I think thats all it is really. Hopefully the selection they have for the premium cars is nice.

Fender_Uk said:
well yea but you could change the wheels on GT4 and obviously all those cars were the standard ones in gt5

GT 5 wheels mostly likely have more polygons than a whole car in GT 4 :lol
To bad they did not port over all the GT 4 assets i guess.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You guys nitpicking the wheel thing, will you care when you're racing those things at 180mph? This is like the 2d tree thing, who gives a shit :p

commedieu

Banned
gundamkyoukai said:
GT 5 wheels mostly likely have more polygons than a whole car in GT 4 :lol
To bad they did not port over all the GT 4 assets i guess.

I'm willing to bet its a Level thing. Hes a beginner level, i doubt that means he can start customizing everything. I'll bet my gaf account on this.

commedieu said:
I'm willing to bet its a Level thing. Hes a beginner level, i doubt that means he can start customizing everything. I'll bet my gaf account on this.

I don't think so , it could be but it's not a good bet to make . PD don't seem to care about the standard cars.
I still be driving those 800 cars as i don't really care about cockpit , once the physics good it okay with me .

Fender_Uk said:

thats like 800 cars guys

Games got over 1000 cars in it. I'm not gonna get hung up on not being able to change the rims on all of them.

Salacious Crumb said:
No, not over the 2D trees, I agree. Everything else? Yes they would.

Not really we already knew that standard cars would be shit .
It goes back to would rather have only premium cars , i take as much cars i can get to drive even if can't change everything on all.

Senua

weekend_warrior said:
Games got over 1000 cars in it. I'm not gonna get hung up on not being able to change the rims on all of them.
again, it definitely is to me, mostly all the imports and cars you'd want to bolt things onto/change appearance are standard cars so it sucks i cant put any rims on a peugeot 106 etc, why would i want to put new rims on a ferrari or lambo? its just not the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom