• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

interesting discussion now on the GTplanet about the wheel, yeah i could agree to that, just some misunderstanding about the Standard/Stock term

Lagspike_exe said:
Seems like people on Playstation Blog are pretty pissed right now.

People on that blog have been pissed for over a week now. But this is one of the first posts where they can talk about GT5 and probably not get their post deleted.

evolution said:
Thats like saying no standards will be in replays.
Pretty sure he's talking about people caring about not being able to change up rims takes away some of the "personalization" when taking pictures in photomode. Making it more "your" car.

darkwing

SolidSnakex said:
People on that blog have been pissed for over a week now. But this is one of the first posts where they can talk about GT5 and probably not get their post deleted.

lol maybe they will delete that GT5 line :lol

evolution

rocksteady1983 said:
Pretty sure he's talking about people caring about not being able to change up rims takes away some of the "personalization" when taking pictures in photomode. Making it more "your" car.
If thats what he meant then i misunderstood.

Fistwell said:
Jeebus, stander, standart, what is it with you people and the word standard? It ends with a d, a D like DENIS DICK is DIRTY, effin DDDDDD.

Long day and to many windows open :lol
I should edit my post lol

As someone on GTplanet mentioned, it's best to think of the standard cars as a bonus. The real meat is the premiums. The upside for the standard cars though is that they all run on GT5's physics engine. So it's not like they're a downgrade in that area.

evolution said:
Why not just do it now in GT4 lol

Well GT 5 should have better options , more backgrounds and also output them at a higher res if that matters to you .
They just there to drive all best stuff going to be for the premiums other than the physics engine.
I still bet that you are going to see people kick ass in standard cars.

paskowitz

SolidSnakex said:
As someone on GTplanet mentioned, it's best to think of the standard cars as a bonus. The real meat is the premiums. The upside for the standard cars though is that they all run on GT5's physics engine. So it's not like they're a downgrade in that area.

People need to understand the fact that GT5 will have more cars with cockpit views than any other game (minus FM3). As well as the fact that GT5's cars are possibly more detailed than any other game.

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah... Like anyone is gonna use the Photomode on standard cars :p

Afaik we can not choose what cars to race against in the campaign. So if a nice situation pops up, when racing in a premium car, I'll be making that photo.

Even so, I was more commenting on the opinion that rims are not important because a car will be traveling at speed. That's just not true for premium and standard cars alike.

Even if they allowed on standard rims to be changed with other standard rims that would have been better than nothing. Oh well. Who knows what DLC (if any) will bring.

plainr_

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah... Like anyone is gonna use the Photomode on standard cars :p

Sadly majority of the cars I like is in GT4's roster so yes I'll be doing lots of photomode with standard cars. But like SSX said, I'll take it as a bonus and I'm glad PD included them. :D

Cigol

evolution said:
Why not just do it now in GT4 lol
xj220_lm.jpg

I reckon with a lot of the standards if you get the angles, lighting (etc) right, they will look even better in the GT5 engine. Obviously people can tell the difference, and it's a shame it's not premium because of the benefits it affords, but I'd rather have standardsthan nothing at all. I'll personally enjoy taking shots, and driving, and watching many of the standards. Just not all - since some of them are noticeably poor, where others are not.

darkwing

SolidSnakex said:

i'm already in this mindset

Hopefully the next time someone makes a manufacturer video they'll go into the Pagani section. I'm guessing that the Cinque would be premium if they have more than the R.

gtmax

Well there goes any sort of anticipation for discoverign something new about the game when you first pop it in. It serves Sony right though for not giving out any info about the release date. by the time the game releases it'll be anti-climatic for us who do nothing but keep checking up on this thread.

distrbnce

Banned
gtmax said:
Well there goes any sort of anticipation for discoverign something new about the game when you first pop it in. It serves Sony right though for not giving out any info about the release date. by the time the game releases it'll be anti-climatic for us who do nothing but keep checking up on this thread.

Doesn't that only hurt you, and not Sony in any conceivable way??

I'm trying my hardest not to spoil myself on videos, but I don't see how "Sony the persona" would care either way.

So I was looking at the used car dealership video...it's great to see the car details/description text is back! It was unfortunately gone in GT4...in GT3 that info slowly scrolled by on the car select screen which as was pretty annoying...in GT2 the way the text is presented (just like in GT5) I would read about the history of so many cars for hours at a time.

Details like this is what makes GT so special, making it a virtual museum/encyclopedia/curator of car history.

Am i the only one sad that the video gave us confirmation that "you cannot perform racing modifications on standard cars"?

This is 1000x more important than wheels.

I still had a little hope, but only to the cars with individual pieces. It´s really a different type of racing mod, i bet we won´t see paint jobs with sponsors like in GT1 or 2. We will get what that Camaro showed in the intro.

It´s a shame, it´s one of the few things that i don´t think can be given on updates/DLC.

GamePnoy74 said:
So I was looking at the used car dealership video...it's great to see the car details/description text is back! It was unfortunately gone in GT4...in GT3 that info slowly scrolled by on the car select screen which as was pretty annoying...in GT2 the way the text is presented (just like in GT5) I would read about the history of so many cars for hours at a time.

Details like this is what makes GT so special, making it a virtual museum/encyclopedia/curator of car history.

GT museum is a feature in Prologue.

We expect it to be even bigger in GT5.

Racer30

gtmax said:

24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

I`m glad it turned out this way though. This has been a display how not to do things from beginning to end. The amount of disrespect from a company to its customers, I think I have never seen it this bad before.

People planning their purchases and their time based on info from a company like this, its just sad to watch.

brentech

GamePnoy74 said:

Agreed. That's the kind of stuff that made me spend so much time with the early games. Loved the used car markets.

SolidSnakex said:
The real meat is... GT5's physics engine. So it's not like they're a downgrade in that area.

Fixed (imo).
Granted the cockpits are boss and the damage modeling is tbd.. but 1000 cars with idiosyncratic handling? Thars the beef. It's precisely what makes GT special. I can't believe so many people are ready to dump on the standards.

Deep Forest looks gorgeous. God I hope Aria is in there...

UFRA

I can't take this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

brentech

Racer30 said:
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.
We're not 99.5% of the general public that needs coverage of the game to buy it. It takes some of the cream off the top for some people, but the public at large, they have no idea.

seattle6418 said:
Am i the only one sad that the video gave us confirmation that "you cannot perform racing modifications on standard cars"?

This is 1000x more important than wheels.

I still had a little hope, but only to the cars with individual pieces. It´s really a different type of racing mod, i bet we won´t see paint jobs with sponsors like in GT1 or 2. We will get what that Camaro showed in the intro.

It´s a shame, it´s one of the few things that i don´t think can be given on updates/DLC.

It said some cars, not standard cars. How many that "some" will include, I have no idea. It also didn't say anything about standard cars for the "Aero" modifications, which is great news.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think I'm the majority of those who will drive premium cars more but I will also drive the shit out of the standards. Makes no difference to me.

Racer30

brentech said:
We're not 99.5% of the general public that needs coverage of the game to buy it. It takes some of the cream off the top for some people, but the public at large, they have no idea.

Rybaks videos have got what 30 000 views each in a couple of days?? (the first ones) Its with these fans/over medium interested people the buzz starts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom