• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, we've got flashing sirens and Apple talk on GAF and PS3 ram amounts and GT6 on PS4 talk on GTP. This isn't a good way to end an awful day at work. :(

Iknos

Lack of game info is extremely disappointing.

Tons of failures out there with copies of GT5 not doing anything with them for our benefit. Yeah sure they might be playing the game but why not share some details?

brotkasten said:
So the entire discussion in that other thread was pointless. :lol

The arguing was pointless. But I responded with more clarification so that more people could understand because I'm a nice guy.

Didn't appreciate the slurs against me from people who were flat out wrong but hey I'm a nice guy I can take it.

If there's anything to take away from that whole discussion is that I'm a nice guy.

BobTheFork said:
I don't know either. IT's on this page too...no hood cam. I guess the bumper cam is the same? I've had GAFers making fun of my driving and telling me for weeks 'just use the hood cam, use the hood cam' where's your messiah now see?

edit: so bumper cam? was it always this way?

Go read my posts about this topic in the other thread I go over all the views in detail.

Bumper cam isn't really bumper cam. It sits at a drivers eye height behind the front axle...which is important. It is the best cam for many people's setups.

Y2Kev said:
The standard car looks so lulululu but really I'll never even see it so I don't care.

I won't see them either...such is life in first place.

Just kidding I'm an average driver.

Am I misunderstanding here? Can or can't you change the size of your rims on standard cars? Don't need to change the look though that would be nice but want to change the size for performance reasons.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon

Hope this helps:

28gtvrl.gif

eso76

Fender_Uk said:
i'm glad i downloaded black ops because its average as fuck

He lost it. Fender couldn't take it anymore and committed seppuku.

I predict mass suicide of gaf accounts if nothing is announced tomorrow.

cherry.gif

-viper-

Banned
I have to admit Black Ops is helping me bide my time now. The wait for GT5 no longer feels so painful. Thought it was a terrible game at first but the MP is significantly better than MW2 and when there is no lag, it's fun! And lastly, it's superior to Killzone 3 in almost every way, except graphics.

-viper- said:
I have to admit Black Ops is helping me bide my time now. The wait for GT5 no longer feels so painful. Thought it was a terrible game at first but the MP is significantly better than MW2 and when there is no lag, it's fun! And lastly, it's superior to Killzone 3 in almost every way, except graphics.

Pitty I hate the CoD games :/

Just finished Demon Souls for the 7th time, and now I'm bored as hell...

commedieu

Banned
eso76 said:
He lost it. Fender couldn't take it anymore and committed seppuku.

I predict mass suicide of gaf accounts if nothing is announced tomorrow.

cherry.gif

ya know what... nevermind... Thought he was saying he was glad he downloaded it to keep him busy while waiting for GT5.

on topic.

I doubt they are going to say anything tomorrow. GT5's release is going to go down in history as the biggest blunder on Sony's part.

I'm sure its still going to sell well, but christ its a kick in the pants of the loyal fans who have all been waiting years.

The whole no information thing is insulting imo.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
commedieu said:
I downloaded it too? But via steam?... couldn't that be what he meant..?
Why would he be glad he downloaded it instead of buying retail, then?

No, he's happy because he didn't spend money.

Rainier

There is no way, I mean no way this is coming as late as Dec 31 - Jan 1 (a Saturday?). Sony has handled this horribly, but I refuse to believe that they are so stupid that they would miss Black Friday and Christmas. Just no way.

Majine

Banned
It's prolly gonna be like

Sony: "It's coming tomorrow lololol you're not prepared".

Yes, I am and have been for awhile, Sony.

Majine said:
It's prolly gonna be like

Sony: "It's coming tomorrow lololol you're not prepared".

Yes, I am and have been for awhile, Sony.
I'm well prepared. Got it pre-ordered in 2 places, and got money on the side to pick it up in stores if necessary.

Me the day GT5 is released:
shutupmoney.jpg

SteelAttack said:
And thus, we just witnessed the first casualty of Sony's sick marketing tactics.
Second actually.

torontoml

So i haven't really been here for awhile is there anything new about the release date that I might wanna know. I know we don't have one, but I see people laughing off the November 23 date.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Metalmurphy said:
I'm well prepared. Got it pre-ordered in 2 places, and got money on the side to pick it up in stores if necessary.

Me the day GT5 is released:
http://fantastibad.com/images/shutupmoney.jpg[IMG]

Second actually.[/QUOTE]
second?

also nice avatar.

Wedge7

I never really cared too much about racing games, but even I cant help but become enthralled with this whole saga. Must be sheer torture for the hardcore (as seen in thread), but damn, makes for very interesting reading at the very least. You have my sympathies, shit, I wonder if we'll ever really figure out the whole story of how this all went down.

Corto said:
The gods want virgins... Only a pure sacrifice will appease them............. We're fucked.

Aren't there plenty on GAF? Basement *mumble mumble* Metallica t-shirt something something ...

I wish there was some inkling of evidence pointing to where these 'in the wild' copies came from. Just ONE picture of a Best Buy employee with a case of them would make me smile.

Corto

Despera said:
ok this one's too easy so I'll pass.

Look at it this way. I drop the grenade, you pull the pin. :D

flyinpiranha said:
Aren't there plenty on GAF? Basement *mumble mumble* Metallica t-shirt something something ...

I wish there was some inkling of evidence pointing to where these 'in the wild' copies came from. Just ONE picture of a Best Buy employee with a case of them would make me smile.

aaaaannnnnnnndddddd BOOOOMMMM! :D

commedieu

Banned
You know whats worse than waiting for GT5?

Getting emails from loved ones about GT5 being available with "free shipping." from retailers. As if I'm just a moron and haven't been refreshing gafgtplanet every hour of every day for the past 30 years for solid release info. Don't these people know ANYTHING about my videogaming!?!?! Christ.

So i called target, and they said its releasing on the 1st of jan.. according to their computers. I know its no different what a retailer says, but man. I've had an assy year. GT5 releasing in jan would be the cherry on top.

Its sad that my own family/loved ones know how much a videogame means to me.. lol.

I just bought GT5: Prologue. I needed something to test out my wheel. I'm weak. I'll trade it in when the real game comes out.

The conversation at GameStop was not pretty: you know this is just a demo, you know the real game is coming out Jan 1 and you should reserve it and get two free cars, at least you are paying less for this than some people did, etc.

phosphor112 said:
Is it sad I'm still hoping for a Nov 23rd release? =/

If that´s sad, imagine me.

I´m COUNTING ON a november 23rd release.

I don´t even wanna think about what happens if that isn´t the date.

Iknos

I was hoping metalmurphy was unbanned before the game came out and now I'm hoping Fender and Mclaren get unbanned too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom