• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

dwebo said:
Looks like either Tamayuki or Takayuki Kushida to me, though I don't know a whit of Japanese so I couldn't say if those names are even plausible.

Takayuki looks about right. Now all we need to do is track him down and steal his skin for a translator-san suit.

Purely in the name of science, of course.

DR2K

Banned
It's funny how LBP2 got delayed because it was releasing in November along side GT5, and now GT5 doesn't get released till maybe late December- early Janurary.

WTFing

Banned
brotkasten said:
Yeah. 200 cockpits is not enough.
arbre-conifere.jpg

chubigans said:
When I heard the disc thing might be faked I was all

kaz2.jpg

But now

I'm all

kaz1.jpg
:lol

DR2K said:
It's funny how LBP2 got delayed because it was releasing in November along side GT5, and now GT5 doesn't get released till maybe late December- early Janurary.

That's not funny at all =(

LBP2 would have been an awesome game to play while waiting.

Dead Man

Excellent threadt title change! It probably wouldn't be so bad by my online order FO:NV got lost in the mail and I still don't have that, either!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Damn, he should really use some of the GT5 money to fix those teeth :/
I don't think they look like that anymore. That pic is a little older it seems since he looks more meatier. DAT GT5 cash monies will certainly affort him some kind of gold teeth or at the very least some daytons for his ride.

MrDenny

DR2K said:
I don't think that was it.
I believe they said they wanted to ship the game complete, so people wouldn't have to download a huge patch when it is released.

Arsenic

Don't ever doubt Sin
I had the pleasure of playing FFXI with him, and he's as real and legit as they can come
Plus he knows more than what he can say

DRK powah

Pandemic

LiquidMetal14 said:
I don't think they look like that anymore. That pic is a little older it seems since he looks more meatier. DAT GT5 cash monies will certainly affort him some kind of gold teeth or at the very least some daytons for his ride.
Hopefully they aren't, with the money he has, surely he can fix his teeth up.. :D

DoctorWho said:
We could have created GT5 in LBP2 while we wait.

So true, with jetpacks!

Arsenic said:
Don't ever doubt Sin
I had the pleasure of playing FFXI with him, and he's as real and legit as they can come
Plus he knows more than what he can say

DRK powah

Just out of curiosity, why is he shrouded in secrecy? Does he work for Sony? A developer? Or can he not say, or just won't? I'm intrigued to say the least.

UFRA

oh hai guise, my GameStop manager friend says that GT5 is set for January 1st, 2011. Is this news to everyone????????

Seriously though...I can't believe we didn't hear ANYTHING official this week....ugh

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
saladine1 said:
4zzq8h.jpg

Everyone in this thread..
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Amir0x

Banned
oh my fucking god it's finally going to come out

jesus christ i can't even restrain my anticipation at this point. it's ridiculous.

Along with the demo cars being only GT Award winners, I understand that it had later game engines than the store demo and had never been publicly shown anywhere before. The tracks included Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca, a rainy Eiger Nordwald, Toscana, Madrid and others that I have seen in other demos, such as Rome Circuit. Taku Imasaki first set me up on one of the wheel sleds with the Trans-Cammer on Rome because I can't use a controller anymore. (The demos stations that had a controller were also with the older store demo, so no loss there.) (I may mix up which car and track combos I used because I didn't keep any records, so pardon me if I get the combos wrong.) Of course, I immediately embarrassed myself by showing no control of the car and spinning out. I had no feel for the GT pedals because I was wearing a hard soled sandal versus bare feet, which I do at home. With my big feet, the top of the sandal pressed against a ledge inside the sled and I had no idea what was going on. Then he changes the combo to Eiger in the rain with the Trans-Cammer (?). Great! There I go again learning how to be a grounds-keeper. At some point, I figured out what was going on with feel on the light GT pedals and took off my sandals. Too late. Apparently, both Kaz and Taku were behind me witnessing history.

After the award program, where we learned GT5 will be out "in one month", SWERV and I had a chance to sit and drive less interrupted. The music was quite loud, so we used auto gear changing, at first. Having proper pedal feel made a world of difference and I settled into experiencing GT5's latest build more. You are going to love it. The GT wheel gives a good indication of what the cars are doing and it won't take you long getting up to speed (so long as Taku is not setting up the races for you when you first start). This was my first session with a GT wheel, too. It's OK and it didn't take long to get used to it, but I really missed my G25.

One of the first tracks I set up on my own was Madrid. The Trans-Cammer has a high enough air scoop on the hood that you will have to carefully watch where you are going, if you use the dashboard view, because it will partially block your view. The forward-back distance from the steering wheel will be adjustable allowing you to set it as you wish, within its limits. I presume we have only seen some sort of fixed default cockpit view because we were not offered a way of adjusting it. Learning Madrid will take a few laps, but it is a typical fast city course with a few chicanes to bunch up traffic. The AI did not always follow the blue driving line and made a few mistakes, too, both of which opened up over-taking and passing opportunities. The Madrid course was modeled from real photographs and not laser scans.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...-GT5-demo/m-p/46369346/highlight/true#M479484

Credit to PKR_KARTRACER96 from GTplanet.

Mush

SolidSnakex said:
Which media what that be? I don't think any gaming sites attended that event.
Are you telling me no media at all attended the awards ceremony? Or am I reading that wrong and in fact the poster found out via other means?

I'm saying the usual gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot didn't attend as far as I know. So who else would be reporting it? Race Sim Central hasn't done their report on the event yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom