• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
InfiniteNine said:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Damn, I'm watching that again.

spats

Majine said:
It is November. They better fucking hurry up and announce the date if it's coming out this month.

Yeah but how cool woud it be if you woke up to read a blog post "oh btw its already in stores lol". No waiting FTW.

Majine

Banned
spats said:
Yeah but how cool woud it be if you woke up to read a blog post "oh btw its already in stores lol". No waiting FTW.

Well, it would be a disaster marketingwise, but I guess I would be happy lol.

Wazzim

Banned
spats said:
Well I just hope it's soon and not in the end of December.

Flek

Banned
spats said:

would be awesome, that is apples way of making things. "Hey here is a new macbook, in stores tomorrow". I wished some publisher would try this with games it would be brilliant! But then again it wont work out because of all the 15 years old gamestop employes "leaking" that they got the game already and shit …

Man

Dilly said:
Any word about PS3+GT5 packs?
I may buy one if the price is decent.
Most assured thing ever basically. If Sony were to have one bundle this gen this would be it. EU and Japan already confirmed.

Majine said:
Well, it would be a disaster marketingwise, but I guess I would be happy lol.

Nah. It may not sell within the first week but I am positively sure commercials and word of mouth would take care of that.

Dilly

Banned
Man said:
Most assured thing ever basically. If Sony were to have one bundle this gen this would be it. EU and Japan already confirmed.

Yeah, I thought so.

Still, 350€ to play one game is a lot of money. But it looks so good.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Redbull is making a 1:1 scale model of the X1.

What they're clearly not used to is the X1. Final assembly took place this morning and the project has been so secret that, even here, fre people know what's been going on.

I ask Newey if there is a possibility such a car will be built? 'In reality probably not,' he says 'because the budget required to do even a simplified version of it would be pretty big, and unless you're going to do the job even halfway properly there's little point in starting it at all.'

credit to DeolTheBeast of GTP

Man

Dilly said:
Yeah, I thought so.

Still, 350€ to play one game is a lot of money. But it looks so good.
An average HD game probably has a budget of $5-8m and costs $60 at stores.
Gran Turismo 5's budget is north of $60million, sells for the same price and is officially the most feature rich game ever created(tm).

Paying $350 to singularly play GT5 still saves you money compared to buying the equal amount of game production in normal shelf titles.

scandisk_ said:
Redbull is making a 1:1 scale model of the X1.

credit to DeolTheBeast of GTP

In reality, this is a concept in its earliest form. Even if the project was to be funded, the car and its specs would have changed dramatically.

Eliciel

GT should be delayed in order to implement this:

lambo%20fire.jpg

without this new damage model idea it won't be the "real" driving simulator. I need Translator San's phone number. He needs to tell this to Kaz.

Rainier

I just got word of another delay, sorry to be the one to pass on the bad news. GT5 will be pushed back another hour as of this coming 2am. Bastards.

Pre-order cancelled. :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AranhaHunter said:
450k regular editions.

And that would mean about 3-4 million to all of Europe?
What is that in comparison to a big release like Black Ops? That number sounds huge for just France. Very interesting if true. We mayke talking 550k plus maybe 50k or more in bundles?

Sales-age for this in Famitsu and EUR should be interesting.

LiquidMetal14 said:
What is that in comparison to a big release like Black Ops? That number sounds huge for just France. Very interesting if true. We mayke talking 550k plus maybe 50k or more in bundles?

That site claims that Black Ops shipment will be 650k.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SolidSnakex said:
That site claims that Black Ops shipment will be 650k.
Across all platforms? That is pretty good good for just 1 game on 1 system (reffering to GT5). I'm sure bigger releases like Halo or GTA have had such numbers. If true, that is.

spwolf

LiquidMetal14 said:
Across all platforms? That is pretty good good for just 1 game on 1 system (reffering to GT5). I'm sure bigger releases like Halo or GTA have had such numbers. If true, that is.

+ lots of bundles.

GT5 is relatively easy game to sell, as it continues selling after first few months...

saladine1

SolidSnakex said:
That guy on that Australian forum has edited all of his posts in that GT5 thread.
He edited it a while back.
He apparentely didn't know that GT5 was such a hot topic that made people go nuts and buy wheels and new plasmas and take time off work and sell their granparents for.

Az

saladine1 said:
He edited it a while back.
He apparentely didn't know that GT5 was such a hot topic that made people go nuts and buy wheels and new plasmas and take time off work and sell their grandparents for.

I did not buy a new plasma !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom