• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rflagg

InfiniteNine said:
Click on the number of posts for the thread in the Gaming Forum index!
That is pretty cool. I wonder how many total post Soildsnake has for gt5. In case it wasn't obvious I mean in total not just this thread.

SolidSnakex said:
Well...it looks like something big is about to happen

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-retail-disc-revealed/

Jordan posted the image and has now removed it and locked the comment section. He said to look forward to additional updates on the situation in 10-12 hours.
O man I am getting hyped

Charles

flyinpiranha said:
Just out of curiosity, why is he shrouded in secrecy? Does he work for Sony? A developer? Or can he not say, or just won't? I'm intrigued to say the least.

Don't ask, don't tell

Boogat said:
You think maybe he got ahold of the 'leaker' and is attempting to get further proof from him?

It's very possible. He actually posted "It would be in your best interest to send me an email" to that guy in the original message.

Sew

Nothing to report here. I saw him online briefly, but not in any subforums, so I assumed he was using the PM system. Just a guess of course. I don't think there'll be any more juice coming from that forum.

Bit nervous for him actually. :lol I hope I haven't rained shit upon him.

Mush said:

When Jordan posted the original article it had that comment in it. He's removed the entire article since then. Something is definitely going on.

Edit: Just saw Jordan's post on GTplanet. Sony is sending their ninjas big time!

alba

Little is the new Big
The power of GTP! Sony can't deal with it since GTP is getting so much attention that they have to come clean, good!

So its safe to assume that disc was real despite the cry of fake on the internet :lol

Fuckin Sony. Way to keep us further in the dark about GT5's release date/info

Something is at least going down. I posted on GTplanet that it sounds like the Sony ninajs have come and Jordan replied and said no. But he also said earlier that it's in our best interest to remove any images of that disc that we posted somewhere (including here). I don't know why that'd be the case unless Sony was looking around.

KingDizzi said:
Long story short the disc is legit and ninjas are hunting the guy with it down?

It's not ninjas that are hunting him if a recent post on GTplanet is true. eastley mentioned that the police asked Jordan to remove the image as it's evidence.

expy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's not ninjas that are hunting him if a recent post on GTplanet is true. eastley mentioned that the police asked Jordan to remove the image as it's evidence.
Evidence? So... it's been stolen or something of the sorts?

Zep said:
In stores next Friday!
VuMRq.gif

SolidSnakex said:

Shit just got real.

*bail out*

expy said:
Evidence? So... it's been stolen or something of the sorts?

On that Australian forum that guy posted that the game wasn't in production, at least not in Australia. Then a day or so later he posted that he had it. So if things turned that fast it would mean that he got it directly from the factory.

expy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
On that Australian forum that guy posted that the game wasn't in production, at least not in Australia. Then a day or so later he posted that he had it. So if things turned that fast it would mean that he got it directly from the factory.
Ahhhh... Makes sense if you look at the timeline.

Mush

saladine1 said:
Jordan just posted that "there's no Police involved and not to blow it out of proportion"..
Jordan said:
To remind you and everyone else, knowingly posting false information is in violation of GTPlanet's Acceptable Use Policy. No police are involved, nobody is in trouble. If someone could pass this along to our friends at NeoGAF before it blows any further out of proportion than it already is, I'd appreciate it.

Flek

Banned
hmm so he got a stolen copy from the factory and then posted pictures of it using his normal account and normal ip? Nobody could be this stupid.

edit: ok jordans post sounds better ;O

Flek

Banned
it is the ps3 slim reveal all over again. Quick somone analyse the background behind the disk! I bet it is the same as in kaz bedroom!!

SolidSnakex said:
So did this eastley character get banned for knowingly posting false information?

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
How the hell is a digital copy of a picture evidence that needs to be taken down? ANyway, I see it's not, but how would that make any sense, it's not like the 'original' picture is the one hosted on the forum and it's taken away every time someone views it.

Gah, doesn't matter, I'm rambling and just want some DATE!!!!!!!:lol

expy

Banned
endlessflood said:
So did this eastley character get banned for knowingly posting false information?
Naw.

Dead Man said:
How the hell is a digital copy of a picture evidence that needs to be taken down? ANyway, I see it's not, but how would that make any sense, it's not like the 'original' picture is the one hosted on the forum and it's taken away every time someone views it.

Gah, doesn't matter, I'm rambling and just want some DATE!!!!!!!:lol
Sony probably asked them to take it down, they get a lot of hits specifically for GT5, I don't see why they would decline to, they do have a decent relationship with each other I'm guessing. Probably going to post some news in the next few hours.

I don't know if its news, but I just got this from amazon.uk

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: December 17 2010

Sony really need some GT5 is coming soon TV ads if they are going to release it much closer to Xmas. So many people get their Xmas shopping done and dusted before December 17th (estimated date).

I can imagine the EU having lines and lines and lines for GT5 as an Xmas present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom