• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

chubigans said:
Whats going on? What did he link to? Why are posts being deleted? WHAT IS GOING ON??
Some Aussie stole an ANZ copy of the game from the Australian factory and posted a picture of the disc...

Hand made translation, probably not much better than google translate.

Gran Turismo 5 : towards a Christmas release
According to several distinct sources, Sony's driving simulator, Gran Turismo 5, which seemed unlikely to be released this holiday season, will indeed be available this December, and available in large quantities.

Gran Turismo 5, originally expected to release November 3rd, but since then postponed indefinitely, will end up on store shelves this holiday season. Indeed, the game hit gold late October, meaning it is finalized. It is currently being stamped in large quantities.
Several sources from retail even mention a release date « late November, early December ». Fnac.fr has it dated for December 3rd, Amazon.fr December 8th, Micromania.fr, December 15th. Another encouraging sign, coming from the united states of Glenn Beck, the Sony Style webpage is listing the game with a November 30th release date.

When reached for comments by 01net., Sony France did confirm that Gran Turismo 5 was still on schedule for this year's holiday season, did not offer an actual release date, but assured us the Tokyo company's chief concern was to avoid any danger of shortages at launch.
The fact that the game got delayed would be due to Sony's intention to have massive amounts of copies available at retail. According to these same retail sources, no less than 450 000 copies of Gran Turismo (regular, non collector edition copies) will hit store shelves, not including bundles, as well as 100 000 copies of the Collector edition, and 5 000 copies of the Signature edition. And all that for France alone! (Cocorico, allez les bleus, etc.)
For comparison's sake, Activision will have 650 000 PS3 and 360 copies of its very own Call of Duty : Black Ops on store shelves. These two games are expected to be the bigest sellers this holiday season. It's gonna be all "vroomvroom" under y'alls Christmas trees, bitches...

The most delayed PS3 game ever for realz
This past October 13th, in a short statement, Sony announced that the game would not come out this November 3rd in Europe afterall. The usual excuse that Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital simply wished to release the best possible game they could make was this time not used.
The announcement of a new official release date was expected to come at some point during the Paris Games Week, but has not occurred. Numerous industry analysts reached the conclusion that Sony's game, which was to be their highest profile release this Christmas, would not be coming out before the end of 2010, in spite of continued claims from Sony that the game would indeed be available this holiday season.
Gran Turismo 5 had been revealed during 2007 E3, a few months after the release of the PS3 system. The Prologue version, akin to an appetizer, had been released by the end of that year, yet since then... JACKSHIT! In July 08, Sony admitted that an 09 release was not guaranteed. They then kept quiet about it for 15 months.

It's finally in October 09 that we are given an official release date: March of 2010.
Oupsy!
As early as January 2010, the game's launch is postponed indefinitely. The Tokyo company finally promised a November release at this year's E3, before reneging on their promise just two weeks prior to D Day. Only 7 weeks removed from Christmas, Sony is still assuring us that Gran Turismo 5 will be out in time for this year's holiday season. Yet we remain wary of their promises, and it's not unlikely that the actual really REAL release date will only be made official a few days ahead of time.

Askia47

Even if a disc(s) is in the wild, everyone seems a bit too excited. We aren't going to get much more info than we have now it seems.

amar212

And when I said more than month ago that RB will build X1, McLaren was bitching all over me.

Shame he was banned, I'd so like to hear his couterarguments again, I'm not into searching his posts now, especially as it pouring all over the Sao Paolo and the real rain begins :D

amar212 said:
And when I said more than month ago that RB will build X1, McLaren was bitching all over me.

Shame he was banned, I'd so like to hear his couterarguments again, I'm not into searching his posts now, especially as it pouring all over the Sao Paolo and the real rain begins :D
They're building a model, not the real car, so he's still right I guess.
sucks, I know

Fistwell said:
It apparently wasn't ninjas. Wasn't cops either. I'm thinking something worse. Something terrible.

My only guess is that Jordan got in contact with that guy and has managed to get a lot of game info from him such as course names and new cars.

amar212 said:

He was right.

saladine1

SolidSnakex said:
My only guess is that Jordan got in contact with that guy and has managed to get a lot of game info from him such as course names and new cars.
But is doesn't explain why Jordan requested that we delete our posts that have any info regarding my fellow Aussie poster.
Why also that said Aussie edited his posts.
I honestly believe it's a Sony thing despite what is said on the contrary.

Boogat

saladine1 said:
But is doesn't explain why Jordan requested that we delete our posts that have any info regarding my fellow Aussie poster.
Why also that said Aussie edited his posts.
I honestly believe it's a Sony thing despite what is said on the contrary.
I think Jordan might have been referring more to the posts that included this guys personal information.

SolidSnakex said:
So who exactly is that Jordan fellow again? Some GT planet mod?

Edit: ok, thx.

Ranger X

Early December totally make sense. It's my prediction since a while.
They really can't miss Christmas with this game and the whole month of November used for printing disks and making packages is enough for an early or mid December launch with like 5-8 million of copies shipped (if not more).

Dilly

Banned
beast786 said:
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-retail-disc-revealed/#comment-63272

These guys are some serious people. There detective skills are 2nd to none. Right or wrong :lol

Not legit, i download the image and put some horizontal lines through it to show just how out of line everything is. They just wouldnt make a game like this, very unprofessional.

http://i.imgur.com/i2OdH.jpg

Best internet detective ever, too bad he didn't notice the fact that the CD isn't placed on a flat surface.

mr_nothin

Banned
Dilly said:
Best internet detective ever, too bad he didn't notice the fact that the CD isn't placed on a flat surface.
Umm, I doubt that would matter. The disc itself is a plane so anything on it should be lined up no matter the angle (that's if it was lined up correctly to begin with).

offshore

Tom Penny said:
I wonder how many potential sales these delays have cost them.
Pacther says 1 million; I say a few thousand.
Dilly said:
Doesn't make any difference. Parallel logos will still be in parallel whatever viewing the angle.

It's also interesting that none of the usual game blogs (Destructoid, Kotaku or Joystiq) are mentioning the disc at all. This seems like a story they'd jump on.

Firewire

Banned
offshore said:
Pacther says 1 million; I say a few thousand.

Doesn't make any difference. Parallel logos will still be in parallel whatever viewing the angle.
If anything the delay has had more people asking about and talking about GT5 then ever before. I been asked so many times about when its coming out from people that previously had no interest in the title.

One car blog I check out occasionally never talked about GT5 up until a month or so ago. Now people that never intended on buying it are truly interested. The delay has caused more talk and that has led to more interest.

saladine1

Firewire said:
If anything the delay has had more people asking about and talking about GT5 then ever before. I been asked so many times about when its coming out from people that previously had no interest in the title.

One car blog I check out occasionally never talked about GT5 up until a month or so ago. Now people that never intended on buying it are truly interested. The delay has caused more talk and that has led to more interest.
Sony are geniuses....

Sin

Goldrusher said:
Some Aussie stole an ANZ copy of the game from the Australian factory and posted a picture of the disc...

Did the guy specifically say that he stole it from a factory?

Sin said:
Did the guy specifically say that he stole it from a factory?

Nope, but he mentioned that it wasn't in production in Australia and then a day or so later he suddenly had a copy. So that seems rather suspicious.

Boogat

SolidSnakex said:
Nope, but he mentioned that it wasn't in production in Australia and then a day or so later he suddenly had a copy. So that seems rather suspicious.
That and he was able to get a copy of CoD Black Ops a few weeks back. So I have a strong feeling that he does work at the factory and is snagging discs while they go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom