• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

expy

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Mark my words Sony is delaying on this whole announcement because of how much publicity they are getting from it. Every gaming-blog is covered in GT5 news. The longer Sony can keep people talking about GT5 and not Kinect the better for them.
They're going to release this just in time to sort of balance out the equation come holiday time. Perfect.

alba

Little is the new Big
matthsv said:
That makes sense. Perhaps too much sense for Sony's marketing department.

That's where I lean too, come on now... this is SCE we're talking about here :p

BruceLeeRoy said:
Mark my words Sony is delaying on this whole announcement because of how much publicity they are getting from it. Every gaming-blog is covered in GT5 news. The longer Sony can keep people talking about GT5 and not Kinect the better for them.

Maybe, but that dangerous and could backfire on them.

We´re definately running out of patience.

Truespeed

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
GT5 is gay confirmed

Ah, that would explain the astroglide...

lxidl.png

Amir0x

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

pardon my vulgarity but

i swear to god this fucking holding out on us with the release date feels like I imagine it would be to have Monica Bellucci rubbing my balls through my pants for two straight days, always stopping short of really grasping my shaft and letting me fucking RELEASE GODDAMN IT

yencid

Amir0x said:
pardon my vulgarity but

i swear to god this fucking holding out on us with the release date feels like I imagine it would be to have Monica Bellucci rubbing my balls through my pants for two straight days, always stopping short of really grasping my shaft and letting me fucking RELEASE GODDAMN IT
:lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Even Ami is caught in the storm :lol

i feel like I've never anticipated a game harder in my entire life. this is some sick sadistic shit right now from Sony

IT'S SICK, SONY! YOU HEAR ME! SICK!

Canova

Banned
nah, I don't think this is publicity stunt. It's more like how incompetent SCE is. They fumbled the release of their biggest game. It's not like they never done big releases before

The only buyers left right now are the GT hardcores, casual fans like me already bailed a couple of weeks ago.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Amir0x said:
pardon my vulgarity but

Surely you can get someone to give you a conciliatory pity wank?

not offering

Firewire

Banned
canova said:
nah, I don't think this is publicity stunt. It's more like how incompetent SCE is. They fumbled the release of their biggest game. It's not like they never done big releases before

The only buyers left right now are the GT hardcores, casual fans like me already bailed a couple of weeks ago.
:lol

plainr_

Did Jordan really have something to share or what?

And what happened to the interview that Race Sim Central was supposed to do with Kaz at SEMA?

seattle6418 said:
Maybe, but that dangerous and could backfire on them.

We´re definately running out of patience.
Yeah? What are you going to do about it? Not buy GT5? :lol :lol

They have us by the balls.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Amir0x said:
yes of course but...but this is one pleasure my significant other cannot satisfy :(

I dunno.

Are you able to connect a G25-27 to your Significant other?

Or would they require modification?

Amir0x said:
i feel like I've never anticipated a game harder in my entire life. this is some sick sadistic shit right now from Sony

IT'S SICK, SONY! YOU HEAR ME! SICK!

My thoughts exactly.

It´s like being with blue balls for six years.

KingDizzi

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

That would make sense if gaming sites had any sort of effect on game sales however that is not the case. The majority of people whom purchase games do not visit gaming sites, were there some kind of correlation between hype on the interwebs and actual sales FIFA 11 would be struggling on it's way to 1 million while Demon Soul's would have past 10 million by now. There are other way to gain attention from the media which matters such as news channels, one such way would be a mini game where you run over Clarkson, the midget and the retard from Top Gear. I would personally buy 10 copies.

If there's any truth to the release window that we've been hearing recently (November 30th to December 3rd) then it would make sense for them to announce the date for it within the week so that they can get all the marketing rolling.

KingDizzi said:
That would make sense if gaming sites had any sort of effect on game sales however that is not the case. The majority of people whom purchase games do not visit gaming sites, were there some kind of correlation between hype on the interwebs and actual sales FIFA 11 would be struggling on it's way to 1 million while Demon Soul's would have past 10 million by now. There are other way to gain attention from the media which matters such as news channels, one such way would be a mini game where you run over Clarkson, the midget and the retard from Top Gear. I would personally buy 10 copies.
That totally ignores the fact that FIFA games have been coming out annually for decades, whereas Demon's Souls is a new IP.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
If there's any truth to the release window that we've been hearing recently (November 30th to December 3rd) then it would make sense for them to announce the date for it within the week so that they can get all the marketing rolling.
This is the marketing

what a...
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

Canova

Banned
you guys are overestimating GT franchise name, while underestimating the power of marketing campaign. (see Kinect marketing)

Within the GT circle the hype maybe at all time high, but outside, no one gives a shit really. There are other products this holiday people can spend their money on

Piggus

canova said:

Yeah. Because all "casual fans like you" have been following GT5's release. :lol This game will sell millions of copies, but luckilly for you your post will be long forgotten by then.

canova said:
you guys are overestimating GT franchise name, while underestimating the power of marketing campaign. (see Kinect marketing)

It'll have plenty of marketing so that's not even an issue. It was just featured in TopGear Magazine where the entire article was basically them drooling over the game. And it obviously helped a lot that they talked about racing on the TopGear Test Track in the article. For an even more casual angle Kaz was featured in this months Esquire where they interviewed him and talked about the game. It's also heavily featured on car websites and blogs. That's where a large chunk of GT's fan base comes from as it's a game that appeals to people that don't normally play games.

And all of this is really without Sony lifting a finger to market it yet.

JWong

Banned
Yeah... Top Gear alone is 350 million viewers.

Even if it's not when it's out, I'm pretty sure Top Gear might do something special come January next season.

this normally does not happen, but you guys make me want to pre-order gt5, and i don't even like racing games (i have prologue and played it like 1 hour total). goddman fervor in this thread, never quite seen anything like this on gaf.

i also want some of my money to indirectly go to translator-san

harriet the spy said:
this normally does not happen, but you guys make me want to pre-order gt5, and i don't even like racing games (i have prologue and played it like 1 hour total). goddman fervor in this thread, never quite seen anything like this on gaf.

There are plenty of people that buy GT games that aren't really into the genre. That's one of the reasons that it's so popular. It manages to click with even those people.

Truespeed

canova said:

Within the GT circle the hype maybe at all time high, but outside, no one gives a shit really. There are other products this holiday people can spend their money on

The reaction of the Oprah audience will invalidate your theory once she starts handing out free copies of GT5.

Shadow780

Truespeed said:
The reaction of the Oprah audience will invalidate your theory once she starts handing out free copies of GT5.

Let's be honest here, she could've handed out free copies of Mortal Kombat and every housewives in the studio would've screamed regardless.

Amir0x said:
pardon my vulgarity but

:lol mmm Bellucci.

Pandemic

Ahhhhh, I just want to play this game.

With all the gameplay and screenshots being released, just makes me even more excited.

Noshino

canova said:

You are underestimating GT's circle while overestimating Kinect.

You say that the hype is only high within GT's circle, but the thing is that that is a fucking huge circle, so big that it wouldn't be hard to claim that most if not all involved in motorsports industry have played, seen or at the very least heard of it.

As for Kinect, the marketing was huge because the product needed it, the review of the hardware and software has been ok at best (with Dance Central being the only one having great reviews). Had Kinect been released without the huge ad campaing that it got, it would've been DOA.

saladine1

2mcx3rp.jpg

:
I was just thinking that if I could find the guy who made this getup and get him to make me a Kaz Hirai or Translator San outfit so I could go into the Sony Blu Ray plant here in Sydney and see what the Hell is really going on..

Piggus

Truespeed said:
Speaking of James May - be sure to check out his new show Man Lab.
Thanks for the heads up. James May's non-Top Gear shows and specials are awesome. He's truly a brilliant guy IMO.

Dead Man

jett said:
All signs point to WHO THE FUCK KNOWS. Sony sucks.
When's GT5 coming, who knows the release date, fuck man! It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The fuckin' publishers don't even know! Don't you get it?

PcPUd.jpg

Amir0x said:
pardon my vulgarity but

That would be sweet agony. This is just agony.

Truespeed

Dead Man said:
When's GT5 coming, who knows the release date, fuck man! It's a mystery!

Joey Logano said it's coming out at the end of the month. If you can't trust the NASCAR driver that's driving the Toyota Camry GT5 car then who can you trust?

jambo

canova said:

I think you are underestimating the GT franchise name.

56 million. It's sold more than CoD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom