• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

IMG_0368.jpg

My body is ready.

dino1980

Thinks its a little bit strange that if the game has gone gold, why hasnt PD gone out with a new releasedate at this point.

saladine1

dino1980 said:
Thinks its a little bit strange that if the game has gone gold, why hasnt PD gone out with a new releasedate at this point.
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

I think there's a mistranslation somewhere.
The above picture isn't confirming "It's gone gold" but rather "It's gone cold" and Kaz is rubbing his hands together for warmth..

Mush

saladine1 said:
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

I think there's a mistranslation somewhere.
The above picture isn't confirming "It's gone gold" but rather "It's gone cold" and Kaz is rubbing his hands together for warmth..
:lol

Zertez

Circle T said:
It does seem a little too empty in that screenshot, but really, the Kombi doesn't really have much going on down there...

1zgf5ly.jpg
The front end of Splities are hidden pretty well, but you can still see the kingpin and linkpins clearly when looking at them from the front. If it was missing the front suspension bars, I wouldnt have a problem with it, but missing the torsion arms, kingpins and linkpins is a big oversight.

Circle T

Zertez said:
The front end of Splities are hidden pretty well, but you can still see the kingpin and linkpins clearly when looking at them from the front. If it was missing the front suspension bars, I wouldnt have a problem with it, but missing the torsion arms, kingpins and linkpins is a big oversight.
Yea, I'm not really trying to excuse the game or anything, there are clearly parts missing, but this is a pretty rare example of a car in this game. I'm guessing if you look real close, most all of the cars have very minimal modeling of their underbody. That will work fine 99.9% of the time, since you have to struggle to see any of that under most cars. But the Kombi has over a foot of ground clearance, and a straight-on screenshot is going to expose that quite glaringly.

womfalcs3

Banned
Interesting. Never seen portal axles before. Seems like it's much easier to go the conventional route, but I can see the advantages to it.

Circle T

scandisk_ said:
This probably explains it.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss311/blackpantherarnie/103_1111.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/NormalVsPortalAxle.svg/700px-NormalVsPortalAxle.svg.png[IMG]

kudos to the guys at gtplanet[/QUOTE]
Yea, the Kombi does use those, but we're saying that it looks as if the entire underbody is smooth and flat, as if nothing is really modeled under there at all. Which is fine by me, since like I said, this is a very rare example of a car that has such an highly exposed underbody. The fact that the Kombi is in the game at all is good enough for me. :D

Mush

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEE!

Where be my Qore footage? Tell those monkeys at GTplanet to get on it! :D

dalin80

Banned
your more likely to see portal axles on serious off roaders due to the massive gains in ground clearance and less stress on the drivetrain due to straighter driveshafts.

zx63b9.gif

I'm in tears, this is THE most beautiful day in my life!

Emotions I had to store deep down are bursting out of my body, I'm shaking all over, I guess this is how happiness or true love feels like.

Omiee

i do wanna believe this i realy do wanna believe this, i realy realy realy wanna believe this, please please.

Zaptruder

Banned
This has been a bad week for me.

It'll probably continue to suck for as long as work has a crunch period.

Been new to the job and having crunch = shit rolls down to me.

This thing can't be released soon enough to take the edge off life.

spats

akachan ningen said:
No, Kaz turns the CDRs into BDs.

So it's something like an inverse Midas touch? Everything he touches turns into BDs. No wonder Sony cuts him so much slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom