• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
l2ounD said:
So who is making the room?

That is the question since Mush and UFRA are out and they're the only two on my list. :/

Dibbz

Are we using the GT5NRL lounge? Seems like a couple of people are in there already.

EDIT:- NVM that's for something else I'm guessing.

TheSeks

... What a clusterfuck. Where the hell is Mush so he can organize this. :|

Dibbz

I've set up an online room since I don't have all of you on my FL. If someone else wants to host then let me know. Right now though no one has a room up.

1472 - 6681 - 3243 - 9092 - 1177

TheSeks

Dibbz said:
I've set up an online room since I don't have all of you on my FL. If someone else wants to host then let me know. Right now though no one has a room up.

1472 - 6681 - 3243 - 9092 - 1177

I'm Nat-3, so I can't use that because PD is stupid fucks. :|

I swear LBP1/2 and GT5 are the only games that bitch about the NAT you use. Stupid.

Thank you, JM. Joined.

Angst

I thought it seemed to work well when you were host on Laguna Dibbz, so as nobody else has stepped forward I nominate Dibbz for server hoster.

Also: Good luck Dibbz!

Will there be a stream tonight?

TheSeks said:
I'm Nat-3, so I can't use that because PD is stupid fucks. :|
Can't you just join it from the friends list?

TheSeks

Angst said:
Can't you just join it from the friends list?

Dibbz isn't on my list. UFRA and Mush are. UFRA joined the room so I could join it. Stupid, really. :/

brentech

New room due to some connection issues.
If you can't join just add me on PSN, I have plenty of room and you can join through my playing link.

1472-6118-3615-5262-5125

Right now i´m running to find a new team mate (teamate or team mate? this one always gets me).

I´ll see what i can do. When does it start?

Dibbz said:
What's his PSN?

Lecorleones, but i´m running to see if my buddy chimilosky can make it.

He´s on neogaf as well.

Just in: he couldn´t make it, game is with his neighbor... will arrange things for next week.

TheSeks

Last Call for Hero or Crumb before we go live in 10 mins. *toot toot*

Dibbz

Fuck me. Was 2nd for like 15 laps. Car wall pulling right the whole time, then I pit come out go for one lap, in first turn back marker tries to let me passed, I clip him and end in a wall. Full lap with mega damage. Pit again come out do a lap then as I'm coming to the start finish someone in the tunnel hits the brakes and I end up in the back of them :|

I'm gonna go back and watch the replay though. Will vote after I've watch it again.

TheSeks

And... I suck.

Sorry, Deadman. You probably might want to get a new person, as Dual Shock 3's won't cut it. :/

Tried my best to not hit anyone intentionally (failing that in the first corner going too fast and not having the turning radius to turn at that speed), but accident hit Niks (or Dibbz, not sure) when he flashed his lights (panicking me and making me brake on reaction to let him pass) in the infamous "blind" turn. For the rest of the rest I was 6 laps behind (only passing Murphy and Memory in the pits due to me driving on repair: "Fuck it, let's see if they catch up.") for the rest of the race. :/

As for MVP: Can't honestly say as I was miles back. But I'd say Seattle or Niks as they at least flashed their lights for me while I tried to stay to right to let everyone pass.

UFRA

Well that was some chaos lol.

Niks, you did good man considering all the incidents on that track. If my math is correct we will still maintain our position in 3rd for team rankings. :D

I don't care if I arrived 8th. I'm proud of my self.

I had a perfect start, overtook 3 cars before the first turn on my little underpowered NSX, but then, even though I broke early and slow to approach the turn carefully, a carn turned up sideways infront of me and I couldn't avoid it. I hit it but only damaged the car a bit, but then BAM! Someone destroyed me from the back. Had to pit in on the first lap, second lap I spin out and crash AGAIN. 2 pits in 2 laps :/

I was down by alot by the second lap and still managed to climb my way up to 8th. Had a nice bout with ElBeefo, ended up with a rear wheel damaged don't even know how, not sure if you got damaged to, if it was my fault I apologize.

Also had some nice laps next to Dibbz.

Oh, and I never played on this track in reverse before, all the practice I got was during qualifying.

So yeah... I'm proud :)

@Seks: You still using X/0 or have you switched to triggers/analog?

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
@Seks: You still using X/0 or have you switched to triggers/analog?

I've been triggers and stick since the game launched.

Niks

Another race another hit due to backmarkers... oh well..
Sekoku you gotta practice dude.

No other comments, congrats to the winner.

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
That's not what you told me last time :p

No. You asked me if I had Manual set up. I told you my manual was L1/up R1/down to reverse my L2/brake R2/accelerate.

:/ You're confusing me with someone else, I think.

Sekoku you gotta practice dude.

...I practiced that track about five times his week. The issue is the other people. I didn't have ANYONE to be on the track to where I was easily startled and having to worry about other people. :/

TheSeks said:
No. You asked me if I had Manual set up. I told you my manual was L1/up R1/down to reverse my L2/brake R2/accelerate.

:/ You're confusing me with someone else, I think.
Hum, maybe.

TheSeks said:
...I practiced that track about five times his week. The issue is the other people. I didn't have ANYONE to be on the track to where I was easily startled and having to worry about other people. :/
Don't! The "other people" are the one's that have to overtake you. You don't need to do anything if someone appears behind you. Just race as you normally do. This idea that you should move aside or slow down or something to let someone faster then you pass usually causes more harm then done tbh.

Another shitty finish for Team Green.

I got caught in the middle of that mess in turn 1, then El_Beefo rear-endedme on lap 2 going around the right-hander before the tunnel. I just said the fuck with it I'm not pitting on the second lap again and ran the next 10 or 12 laps with damage on all corners and a destroyed engine.

Next race I'm sitting at the starting line, let the 1st corner crash occur with me safely behind.

l2ounD

>,< damnit first turn, sorry If I messed anyone else up. Just couldnt stop from hitting the walls.

I'd give mvp to Nabijemte he managed to come back up from a early pit

Angst

Dibbz I think you should be really happy with yourself for finishing in 4th place after those two incidents. You did some very nice racing as far as I could tell.

Also, could you please upload your replay file? :)

ashk

I also got demolished at the start, first just one wheel in one corner, and then another wheel and the engine at another. After pitting got smashed up a bit more due to frustration and me not being careful with backmarkers. If I cause someone to get damaged then, I'm sorry.

So I ended up driving most of the race slightly damaged, but at least it was a new experience :) Got lucky by the end with Dibbz and Niks having to pit and picked up 2 more places.

I couldn't access the results after the race, so I couldn't save the replay. I'll just watch the stream replay (or if someone uploads the replay itself) to see who to vote for MVP.

ashk said:
I also got demolished at the start, first just one wheel in one corner, and then another wheel and the engine at another. After pitting got smashed up a bit more due to frustration and me not being careful with backmarkers. If I cause someone to get damaged then, I'm sorry.

So I ended up driving most of the race slightly damaged, but at least it was a new experience :) Got lucky by the end with Dibbz and Niks having to pit and picked up 2 more places.

I couldn't access the results after the race, so I couldn't save the replay. I'll just watch the stream replay (or if someone uploads the replay itself) to see who to vote for MVP.

You need to wait for the track to reload before you can access the results.

Top Bottom