• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

ruttyboy

I used this tune (without SRF) that I found on gtplanet:

With SRF on it's probably a lot easier.

Good stuff, thanks.

It's weird that there are upgrades that lower the weight or increase the downforce, but don't increase the PP.

EDIT: Had a look at how much that tune would cost, thought 'fuck that!' so for the first time turned on SRF and the assists, bang, four seconds quicker, gold got, what a joke.

The RSI that GT5 gave me in my accelerating finger never quite went away, so I just tried out right analogue stick accelerating. It's actually much easier than I'd expected. I have to rely on the tyre squeal sound effect more than I used to, because my thumb doesn't quite know exactly how far I've pushed the stick the way my middle finger does when I'm pulling the trigger, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

8X4XOtZ.png

I thought the reason for they didn't outsourced was to avoid something like this.

Kukuk

Banned
Just got this game today. So far, I'm really enjoying it. The cars feel really nice, and I'm finding that I'm not such a bad driver on non-racing tires.

One thing that has made me incredibly happy is the fact that the 2005 Ford GT is now a premium. It always bugged me in GT5 that they look the same, yet the 2006 is the premium model.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit 50 hrs; makes me wonder how many hundreds of hours I logged in GT5 over the past 3 years lol.

Do the seasonals counts towards your overall progress? After doing the new seasonals and buying a few cars, I'm now at 98% instead of 97%...

Just hit 50 hrs; makes me wonder how many hundreds of hours I logged in GT5 over the past 3 years lol.

Do the seasonals counts towards your overall progress? After doing the new seasonals and buying a few cars, I'm now at 98% instead of 97%...

They might, I'm at 101%. Could be the Red Bull events too

Kukuk

Banned
Ah, after many near-successes, and lots of profanity, I got gold on the Mario Andretti challenge. I feel like it wasn't that hard, I just suck. Still, I'm proud of myself.

Now to deck out my Ford GT... Not that I can use it on any races yet...

Niks

Do anyone knows if the anniversary event is doable in either the R8 LMS ULTRA or the GTR GT3?

Both drive like a sack of shit though... but they are the only cars I have that come close (in PP)

Kukuk

Banned
Welp, that's enough GT6 for me tonight. My voice is hoarse from yelling at the stupid fucking Matterhorn level.

Do anyone knows if the anniversary event is doable in either the R8 LMS ULTRA or the GTR GT3?

Both drive like a sack of shit though... but they are the only cars I have that come close (in PP)

I did it in the R18 TDI. Took some practice, but I got it. Hardest part for me was keeping speed up the Eau Rouge. I find it very difficult. That, and I kept underestimating turn 18, Blanchimont... I guess that's why there have been so many accidents there over the years. Anyway, most of the rest of the track is "easy" enough.

Also.. the fucking Lancia Delta seasonal on Tsukuba is fucking bullshit. I not only tuned the car max acceleration, but I changed the suspension, changed the clutch to a triple plate, carbon fiber drive shaft AND turned on SRF and I still can't fucking beat it. Good fucking god.

Anyone have impressions? I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I'm not a PC sim guy but I'd like to try a entry level wheel with force feedback after annoying oversteer I get on controller.

I actually hooked mine up today. I got it a couple years ago, but didn't use it much at the time.

To me it completely changes the game. The force feedback alone helps a lot with feeling what the car is doing to me. And it's way, way easier to manage braking. Feels more natural, as is to be expected lol.

Although it's an entry level wheel it basically does everything I want it to (aside from a proper clutch/gearbox). If you can get a good deal on one I think you'll be happy.

I actually hooked mine up today. I got it a couple years ago, but didn't use it much at the time.

To me it completely changes the game. The force feedback alone helps a lot with feeling what the car is doing to me. And it's way, way easier to manage braking. Feels more natural, as is to be expected lol.

Although it's an entry level wheel it basically does everything I want it to (aside from a proper clutch/gearbox). If you can get a good deal on one I think you'll be happy.

Thanks for the impression. Hopefully I can find a decent deal on one, amazon currently doesn't have it for much cheaper than msrp.

TTG

Dat feel when the seasonal event is on one of your favorite tracks. Easy enough 2.09 around Spa, probably 2 seconds to spare without getting obsessive over it. But then again, they have to allot for people who don't have the R18. It's an interesting car by the way, very mild mannered, but that mountain of torque can unsettle you quickly around those high speed S turns. Had to keep it in third for the corners that follow Eau Rouge to keep it safe and snug.

I did it in the R18 TDI. Took some practice, but I got it. Hardest part for me was keeping speed up the Eau Rouge. I find it very difficult.

Lift right at the bottom and then get back on wide open throttle as soon as you can, as soon as you're in a good position for that right basically. The game will actually let you take quite a bit of curb on the left without disqualifying the lap. You can't cut the track or anything, but make use of that rumble strip. No brakes.

EDIT: Just watched the world leader's replay, he doesn't even lift. I don't have SRF on though, but maybe it's not necessary. That line he takes is perfect.

Jabba

Banned
Ah, after many near-successes, and lots of profanity, I got gold on the Mario Andretti challenge. I feel like it wasn't that hard, I just suck. Still, I'm proud of myself.

Now to deck out my Ford GT... Not that I can use it on any races yet...

I had to take a day off to finally get gold on that one, did it a week or so ago. I was basically in the wrong gears.

Kukuk

Banned
I had to take a day off to finally get gold on that one, did it a week or so ago. I was basically in the wrong gears.

I'd completely eat shit on the first real turn, every time I tried it. It was driving me nuts. I just couldn't figure out how to properly take the turn.

I did it in the R18 TDI. Took some practice, but I got it. Hardest part for me was keeping speed up the Eau Rouge. I find it very difficult. That, and I kept underestimating turn 18, Blanchimont... I guess that's why there have been so many accidents there over the years. Anyway, most of the rest of the track is "easy" enough.

Also.. the fucking Lancia Delta seasonal on Tsukuba is fucking bullshit. I not only tuned the car max acceleration, but I changed the suspension, changed the clutch to a triple plate, carbon fiber drive shaft AND turned on SRF and I still can't fucking beat it. Good fucking god.

That's really weird, after installing a few parts on my Delta (have to check which exactly, I know I only put on a twin plate for example but I may have been more aggressive with the parts otherwise) I found getting gold pretty easy. It's the only one of the three new events I managed it in, too. The S2000 one, on the other hand, just reminds me of why I hate the S2000.

Repo Man

That's really weird, after installing a few parts on my Delta (have to check which exactly, I know I only put on a twin plate for example but I may have been more aggressive with the parts otherwise) I found getting gold pretty easy. It's the only one of the three new events I managed it in, too. The S2000 one, on the other hand, just reminds me of why I hate the S2000.

I too found the Lancia race quite easy. On the S2000 race I golded it on my first attempt which surprised me since I dont really know the Matterhorn track all that well and I even managed to almost spin the car on one of the fast downhill sections, just about regaining control of the car and I thought that cost me the gold surely but no. Did some adjustments to the suspension and managed to shave off a good 3 secs off my time so I might return to it later tonight after a few cans of cider and do some more tinkering and see if I can do even better ( I tend to play better after a few drinks, something about cutting out the middle man ie. the brain and playing from muscle memory :p ).

I'm definately joining the whole "AI needs fixing!"- club though. Decided to clear the Red Bull events just now and was doing the Grand Valley race with the X Junior. Made it to 5th place by the start of the 2nd lap and was merrily driving along the main straight when I saw an AI car closing behind me and I was approaching the easy uphill left before the first right corner. I figured seeing I'm ahead of the AI that I'll just position myself on the driving line on the left hand side and by now the AI was next to my rear wheels on my right when it suddenly decides that he's entitled to the same driving line. Fucker rammed my tail, I spun a good 540 into the right hand side wall, bounced back and got hit by another AI car sending me into another 360 degree spin and down to the last place.

Kyleoty

Neo Member
I got my T500RS wheel yesterday. (Christmas all over again) After switching the pedals to top down and securing them to my Racing Rig I got behind this amazing Piece of Machinery. Some small things I will need to get used to like the Little to no Dead space (This is a good thing) and just the pressure of breaking.

My "BUT" of the Title is this:

Has anyone noticed that if you spin out or hit a wall hard that the wheel gets extremely loose and then is not on center.
Red Stripe at 12:00 pre spin out or crash(With cars or wall)
Red Stripe at 10:00 to 11:00 position post spin out or crash.
I thought this could be because there is damage in place in the online room I was in but then it happened without a crash and just going through grass or desert

Has anyone else noticed this. I can fix the wheel if I unplug the USB and plug it back in but this work around is not conducive of keeping up with the pack considering it takes about 15-20 to re calibrate.

Any info on this would be great I want to also post this is a Wheel Thread too but cant find the big one on Wheels.

Thanks so much for your input

IISANDERII

Yeah I got gold with the Delta on my very first lap and my car was at 449PP.

The S2000 took 2-3 attempts to get a clean lap in but got gold once I did. I think the key is to not have your max weight reduction because the floaty physics are exaggerated on this course. I also tuned the engine to have more torque so you go up hill faster. Also, shorten your gears a lot, it doesn't even matter if you're banging on the rev limiter on the way down the hill because you're only at top speed for a very brief time. You'll gain much more time on the uphill.
My car weighs 1,162kg and has 272bhp with 180 torques.

edit: Also just noticed that I have flat floors installed and that definitely helps too.
edit2: Golding the S2000 Matterhorn gave me a pink chrome chip. LOL

Crash update 2: I've borrowed someone's old (but not as old as mine) 80GB PS3 fat. The one that had no SD card ports and only 2 USBs.

Much, much quieter and the game isn't crashing. Thank god for cloud storage, made the whole thing a breeze.

Welp, that's enough GT6 for me tonight. My voice is hoarse from yelling at the stupid fucking Matterhorn level.
That was me with a three lap race of London Reverse starting at 10th place.

You've got to be kidding me...

So I did what Mad Max would do.

TTG

That was me with a three lap race of London Reverse starting at 10th place.

You've got to be kidding me...

So I did what Mad Max would do.

Show no mercy! The way I figure it, the fastest car on the grid starts first about 98% of the time. Not a fair fight to play catch up AND make your way through the field doing it, bash em up.

My PS3 must be on it's last legs. Pretty much every race on GT6 now runs significantly less than 60fps, particularly those with 15 other, usually "premium", cars on track. Even in 720p and using bumper view some races are atrocious, such as Bathurst. Barely above 30 in some cases.
Either my PS3 is slowly dying or people are'nt being completely honest about frame rate. And some of the races begger belief, mainly due to seemingly pre-set AI and conditions. All too often I shake my head in disbelief. Oh well.

Calabi

The S2000 seasonal I found quite easy. I dont know how but I managed to beat the gold by 12 seconds. I like the crazy cars you just have to drive very carefully.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was on the very verge of buying this, but reading user reviews turned me away a bit, saying GT5 is better and cheaper. What say gaffers?

nded

I was on the very verge of buying this, but reading user reviews turned me away a bit, saying GT5 is better and cheaper. What say gaffers?

GT5 servers are gonna get shut down. The interface is also horrible compared to GT6, and I speak as a person that really liked GT5 and played it for many hours.

GT6 is better than GT5 right now, and will probably be much much better when the game's finished (course creator among several other features still to come).

But for tracks and career variety and load times, GT6 is the way to go, easily.

That's what was pushing me to get it. Are the microtransactions as bad as the reviews were saying?
It has them, but its a world of difference from how Forza was using them. Both Forza and Polyphony tweaked their in-game reward systems, but GT still has the benefit of not pestering you about them after each race.

If you play often enough (login bonuses) and go for the gold (gift cars) or do decently enough in the seasonals you'll have enough money to afford the cars you want.

IISANDERII

The single player stuff is definitely better in GT6, more fun and a better challenge. If you're a petrolhead and want to get deep into the fanciest cars, be prepared for a huge grind though. I wouldn't have even bought the game if there was no money glitch. I think you can get through the single player without any grind.

Online is very fun but glitchy. It was more fun in GT5 but I think the player base has migrated already anyway.

nded

That's what was pushing me to get it. Are the microtransactions as bad as the reviews were saying?

I guess it's there when it wasn't before. The game hardly ever mentions it, so I sort of forgot it was a thing until I decided to see what the GT Store had.

I got my T500RS wheel yesterday. (Christmas all over again) After switching the pedals to top down and securing them to my Racing Rig I got behind this amazing Piece of Machinery. Some small things I will need to get used to like the Little to no Dead space (This is a good thing) and just the pressure of breaking.

My "BUT" of the Title is this:

Has anyone noticed that if you spin out or hit a wall hard that the wheel gets extremely loose and then is not on center.
Red Stripe at 12:00 pre spin out or crash(With cars or wall)
Red Stripe at 10:00 to 11:00 position post spin out or crash.
I thought this could be because there is damage in place in the online room I was in but then it happened without a crash and just going through grass or desert

Has anyone else noticed this. I can fix the wheel if I unplug the USB and plug it back in but this work around is not conducive of keeping up with the pack considering it takes about 15-20 to re calibrate.

Any info on this would be great I want to also post this is a Wheel Thread too but cant find the big one on Wheels.

Thanks so much for your input
G
The only time my t500 loses its center is when I crash in a room with damage on. It stays centered after driving off track. In response to.your dead zone comment are you referring to the wheel or pedals? Because my pedals have maybe a Centimeter of deadzone before gt6 starts detection.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The single player stuff is definitely better in GT6, more fun and a better challenge. If you're a petrolhead and want to get deep into the fanciest cars, be prepared for a huge grind though. I wouldn't have even bought the game if there was no money glitch. I think you can get through the single player without any grind.

Online is very fun but glitchy. It was more fun in GT5 but I think the player base has migrated already anyway.

All this stuff sounds great, thanks everybody. I used to love drifting for the leaderboards.

edit- speaking of T500, this thing is incredible, set it up with my Wheel stand pro and am loving it. Will eventually upgrade to a cockpit. I also noticed there was some sort of iRacing 3 month trial through cadillac or something? Anybody play that at all? And finally Grid 2 is a bit difficult to play on the higher levels with the t500, seems the game was more built around the controller.

paskowitz

I feel like I am the only person who really does not like the T500RS. I find the pedals to be almost unusable after getting used the Fanatec CSPv2s. The wheel itself feels very cheap and just overall nasty to the touch. The FFB and speed of the wheel is impressive, but I find the way the wheel produces effects leads me to be less precise in my steering inputs. Mostly, it does not feel like a real car.

That being said... I have gone through 5 Fanatec CSW bases and not a single one has lasted longer than 8 months. I guess this is how a Ferrari owner feels...

Top Bottom