• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Enjoying the game so far, the menus are so good; IQ and performance (is definitely better at 720p) is not that great when compared with GT5, but is not the GT Academy levels of bad, so is fine.

Replays are weird now; all angles are locked 30fps and doesn't have the camera on the driver any more :(

I was just wondering, is it worth grabbing the Anniversary Edition for an extra twenty bucks?

Not for twenty bucks.

Unless are you talking about this one
gran-turismo-6-15th-anniversary-edition-asian-chinese-english-v-331509.10.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not for twenty bucks.

Unless are you talking about this one
The US one unfortunately. I managed to get a copy of the normal game for cheaper, but I don't know if the 25 bonus cards in the Anniversary edition are worth owning. I know you can't get those cars otherwise, but you'll eventually be able to get equivalent cars?

So I set up the 500RS last night in the living room, and we had two (engaged couple) of our friends over.

The girls have a cursory interest in cars that amounts to "The Fiat 500 is cute!" while him and I are huge gearheads.

So we obviously had a blast w/ it. I just went to Arcade mode since I had just finished downloading the updates and the Fit RS was boring. So we drove around the new 'vette on Brands Hatch and I trolled around with the Audi Quattro in Monaco.

The girls actually asked to try it before we even suggested it, and they ended up playing it just as much as us.

I was too busy having fun to honestly even worry or care about graphical issues. I should have some more free time today to get started on the career mode, but I love the new UI so far.

So, what was that "human drama" Kaz was talking about? Anyone see how it was implemented ?

www.neogaf.com

JPodz

Banned
I posted this a couple pages back too, but if anyone wants to add me to the their friends list that would be great. None of my real life friends will be playing this, so I'd like to have some competition on the leaderboards...so please add me and I'll add you back. PSN: JPodz

kanuuna

So is the Lotus 97T accessible at this point? I really want to drive a F1 car around some of these newer tracks. It's a shame the Ferraris didn't make it to this game, especially the F2008.

Seanspeed

Banned
Graphics and sound comparison between GT6 and Assetto Corsa. It's a lap to Silverstone GP circuit with the KTM X-Bow R in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhUgKgVGgQ

I think GT6 is defended quite well.
Its well behind in both according to that video. Honestly, how did you capture that GT6 footage? I'm quite sure GT5 looks much better than that normally and I've seen the general environmental improvements they've made with GT6. I have to think there's some extra compression going on there or something, cuz it looks pretty awful at 1080p and full screen.

I like the music in this way more than in GT5

My favorites so far are Electric Sky and I Remember

The US one unfortunately. I managed to get a copy of the normal game for cheaper, but I don't know if the 25 bonus cards in the Anniversary edition are worth owning. I know you can't get those cars otherwise, but you'll eventually be able to get equivalent cars?

Their PP is a little different for their equivalents (tuned?). But besides that and the paint they are the same.

BoomBap

Neo Member
Is there a way to tell the premium cars from the standard? Am I missing something here? I have been just analyzing the car models for detailed interiors in order to tell so far. Seems strange they wouldn't notate somewhere.

Goldrusher

Is there a way to tell the premium cars from the standard? Am I missing something here? I have been just analyzing the car models for detailed interiors in order to tell so far. Seems strange they wouldn't notate somewhere.
If the car has a Gallery View available, in the Dealership or your Garage, it's premium.

It's so frustrating how outdated the car list is, though. This was a problem with GT5 too. Why is there a crummy '98 Mercedes A Class in the dealership instead of this?
Because that crummy '98 Mercedes was modeled in a time when they could model 100 cars a year. They could model whatever they wanted, including the most common road cars.

low quality, no interiors:
GT3: 200 cars (200 new cars in 2 years) --> 100 cars per year
GT4: 600 cars (400 new cars in 4 years) --> 100 cars per year

high quality, with interiors:
GT5: 800 cars (200 new cars in 6 years) --> 33 cars per year
GT6: 900 cars (100 new cars in 3 years) --> 33 cars per year

Today, they have to make choices. Do they model another A-class that will be considered "crummy" in a few years... or do they model a legend like the Ferrari 288?

Then again you could always learn Japanese and Maya, and move to Japan and add that A-class yourself:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

I posted this a couple pages back too, but if anyone wants to add me to the their friends list that would be great. None of my real life friends will be playing this, so I'd like to have some competition on the leaderboards...so please add me and I'll add you back. PSN: JPodz

I'll add you when I get on next time :)

Dibbz

Can someone check if you can go into the cockpit cam in an online replay. Don't expect you can but would be great if they added it in.

If the car has a Gallery View available, in the Dealership or your Garage, it's premium.

Because that crummy '98 Mercedes was modeled in a time when they could model 100 cars a year. They could model whatever they wanted, including the most common road cars.

low quality, no interiors:
GT3: 200 cars (200 new cars in 2 years) --> 100 cars per year
GT4: 600 cars (400 new cars in 4 years) --> 100 cars per year

high quality, with interiors:
GT5: 800 cars (200 new cars in 6 years) --> 33 cars per year
GT6: 900 cars (100 new cars in 3 years) --> 33 cars per year

Today, they have to make choices. Do they model another A-class that will be considered "crummy" in a few years... or do they model a legend like the Ferrari 288?

Then again you could always learn Japanese and Maya, and move to Japan and add that A-class yourself:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

I'm aware that the premium models take a long time to build. Doesn't make it any less frustrating. Thanks for taking the time write up a smart ass reply though!

FrankWza

How is it possible that you can't just choose to install this game and let it install while you do nothing or anything else like eat or sleep or.....?

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Its well behind in both according to that video. Honestly, how did you capture that GT6 footage? I'm quite sure GT5 looks much better than that normally and I've seen the general environmental improvements they've made with GT6. I have to think there's some extra compression going on there or something, cuz it looks pretty awful at 1080p and full screen.

YouTube compresses much the video quality, is better to see them in the little window. I use an internal capture and the source is 1080 in both, although the quality of the capture isn't like using FRAPS to capture video directly on PC.

Some photos (unedited):

Recommendation for newcomers... dump the Honda fit as soon as possible and replace it with an RX-7 FC. 8k redlined, light, rear wheel drive... it's a joy to whip around the early races.

oxidax

YouTube compresses much the video quality, is better to see them in the little window. I use an internal capture and the source is 1080 in both, although the quality of the capture isn't like using FRAPS to capture video directly on PC.

Some photos (unedited):

Gat Damn! Thats with the in game camera thing? Those are really good pics!

Mobius 1

Can someone check if you can go into the cockpit cam in an online replay. Don't expect you can but would be great if they added it in.

You can, using the Replay menu. Two interior views are available.

Edit. Just saw you said Online. I don't know. Me am stoopid.

That B missions where a challenge but my ghost pushed me for the golds. B5 is tough because there are so many setup corners and other flatout corners. I only actually had two completed laps, the second one being my gold lap. I think it's only because I drove silverstone in so many games

Calabi

Recommendation for newcomers... dump the Honda fit as soon as possible and replace it with an RX-7 FC. 8k redlined, light, rear wheel drive... it's a joy to whip around the early races.

But I like my Honda Fit. I'm gonna get a Viper GTS that was my favourite car in the first game.

Korezo

Anyone know if you get car rewards in coffee breaks for all golds? I don't remember if you did in GT4 but I really don't want to waste my time trying to gold coffee challenges. I hate the cone missions.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What are the differences in the wheel characteristics settings between amateur, professional, and simulation?

I would like to to bow down and/or kiss the feet of the people in charge of the snappy menu system, the ease of getting in and out of races, and the cool transitions and musical flourishes.

Just to chime in on the purpose of the stockyard.

There is a 500 car limit on the garage, so if you want to buy them all you'll have to put some of them in the stockyard to make space. Presumably for technical reasons as otherwise it's a stupid system.

Word of advice to anyone: people on GTP are reporting a bug in the stockyard that causes your cars to disappear permanently after some time.

I won't be storing anything in the stockyard until PD patches that shit :/

TheRook

My game just glitched, I can't start the One-Make Race with the BRZ/86. IT says invalid race information as my name/avatar isn't on the starting grid. Do I have to qualify or something to get on the grid or is it really a bug?

Top Bottom