• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

EGOMON

Bloody C7
Fwg9zGPD.jpg

I think someone said that they've added the extra visual effects (like motion blur) to the cockpit view during replays, so that eliminates 60fps. Although it's probably a taster of what to expect in terms of effects with GT7 (that'll be at 60fps).

Yep, it makes the game look delicious.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Not really. That menu looks impressive at a glance, but you can actually only change three things. And those pop-ups are not one of them.

Uh, I turned off those popups immediately. While in a race go to Quick Options and turn off Button Tools or something like that.

Uh, I turned off those popups immediately. While in a race go to Quick Options and turn off Button Tools or something like that.

First thing I turned off.

Cool.

So why the FUCK can't they put that into the game's main Options>HUD menu?

It's kinda dumb, I agree. I wanted to turn off the player/car list. You can only toggle between car/names in the ingame menu, but if you go to the main menu and change it in options, you can turn it off completely.

granturismo6_569ksry.png

Pls, the AI is worse than GT5. That BMW was extending the gap every lap and was 13 seconds in front at the end of lap 3 but for some reason polyphony have programmed it to slow down in the last two laps of every race.

A couple of XMB screens
granturismo6_542rsi2.png

granturismo6_20_1fvs3k.png

The Shigeno version (Initial D) also looks better. A LOT better.

So the Sprinter Trueno AE86 in the dealership isn't the Initial D version?

Also, who's idea was it to start the game off with the Honda Fit? That understeering piece of crap frustrated me for the first hour lol.

Seriously, as a veteran of GT, I shouldn't treated with a POS understeer heavy FWD as my first car in the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm so disappointed so far :(
Framerate is fucking inexcusable, I never thought it'd be a stepback in that area after all the patching GT5 went through to achieve a smoother racing experience. I'm kinda pissed, and please don't say I'm "entitled' or shit like that 'cause I don't even.... I mean what the fuck Kazunori-San, even the very first tutorial with just your car lapping Bathurst has the framerate going down the shitter when I switch camera view to cockpit's.

Bummer. :(

Eusis

Framerate is fucking inexcusable, I never thought it'd be a stepback in that area after all the patching GT5 went through to achieve a smoother racing experience. I'm kinda pissed, and please don't say I'm "entitled' or shit like that 'cause I don't even.... I mean what the fuck Kazunori-San, even the very first tutorial with just your car lapping Bathurst has the framerate going down the shitter when I switch camera view to cockpit's.

Yeah, if you value FPS you'll just have to give up on cockpit. I appreciate the larger viewing area anyway myself of first person/HUD.

We should have a place for PSN usernames so we can add each other.

PSN: zerosnake99
North America

if you add me just put "GT6" or "GAF" in the message. =]

Neo 007

With physics this sophisticated (for a 7-8 year old console) and all the other visual trickery going on I'm really not surprised there's a frame rate drop here and there.
Also I'm betting thats 1 area they will try to improve with future patches.

With physics this sophisticated (for a 7-8 year old console) and all the other visual trickery going on I'm really not surprised there's a frame rate drop here and there.

But why did they feel the need to bump the resolution even higher? That's something I absolutely don't get about this game. GT5 has performance issues and tearing and yet they decided to take the resolution a step higher? Personally, I would've opted for a fixed 720p resolution with better image quality.

The way they did that in GT5 was to remove the NPC's from along the track (and some stands) as well as remove some flags. We know there's a major patch in January since that's when the community features are coming. Plus that'll be the start of their monthly track releases.

[]http://abload.de/img/granturismo6_569ksry.png[/img]

Pls, the AI is worse than GT5. That BMW was extending the gap every lap and was 13 seconds in front at the end of lap 3 but for some reason polyphony have programmed it to slow down in the last two laps of every race.

A couple of XMB screens
[]http://abload.de/img/granturismo6_542rsi2.png[/img]
[]http://abload.de/img/granturismo6_20_1fvs3k.png[/img]

Any chance you could do a 720p and 1080p grab of the same/similar shot? I'd really like to compare the IQ.

The way they did that in GT5 was to remove the NPC's from along the track (and some stands) as well as remove some flags. We know there's a major patch in January since that's when the community features are coming. Plus that'll be the start of their monthly track releases.

Don't forget my obligatory bitching on every single page in every GT thread: They also removed the standing start from the events.

Korezo

Don't forget my obligatory bitching on every single page in every GT thread: They also removed the standing start from the events.

Kart events have standing starts. But what's so good about standing starts in single player, since in the past one would just blow by the AI and get 1st place instantly.

Kart events have standing starts. But what's so good about standing starts in single player since in the past one would just blow by the AI and get 1st place instantly.

But you could only do that, because the AI is terrible. They all get off the grid like Mark Webber. Rolling starts are not an acceptable compromise for that.

But why did they feel the need to bump the resolution even higher? That's something I absolutely don't get about this game. GT5 has performance issues and tearing and yet they decided to take the resolution a step higher? Personally, I would've opted for a fixed 720p resolution with better image quality.

adaptive tesselation and 1440x1080 aren't really for current-gen use. they are totally beta-testing it to use for future release and how well their engine will hold up. note that naughty dog isn't making a new engine for ps4. remember, gran turismo 4 supported 1080i about 8 years ago, so pd doing resolution bumps isn't new.

commedieu

Banned
Looks that way to me. That'd probably be the biggest advantage for Forza, even if the drivatars seem like they could be more hilarious than genuinely effective at times.

A lot of games have had decent racing A.I, even non sim games... just so weird that PD addresses that they are improving it, and its been the same since GT1.. I just do time trials, and races to avoid the obstacles(a.i) to get $. Really wish the campaign was a little more difficult than beating the #1 car, which is usually a few more PP/faster than the other cars. It gets old fast.

I really love just pretending im on Top Gear, and test driving cars/beating my times/comparing cars. Thats about 90% of my GT enjoyment. Online in GT5 was fun, when it worked and definitely offered an edge of your seat experience, which I really haven't had in GT's campaign, ever. It feels like you're just cheated by the fast A.I car, not really competitive.

Considering I was looking forward to time trials and online, can't say im disappointed:

Edit;

I can't remember if this was the case in GT5. But the Professional races dont' have rubber banding right? In Gt6... I don't know, maybe that could be something that would feel different.

The Jason

adaptive tesselation and 1440x1080 aren't really for current-gen use. they are totally beta-testing it to use for future release and how well their engine will hold up. note that naughty dog isn't making a new engine for ps4. remember, gran turismo 4 supported 1080i about 8 years ago, so pd doing resolution bumps isn't new.

Yeah the new GT engine is suppose to be suitable for next-gen, which is good because it means it wont be an eternity until we see GT on PS4.

Exactly. Force 720p.

"“It actually started in a brainstorming session, when we were talking about the astronomical simulation for the game. As we became more focused and deeper in that project, worried about creating the stars and planets accurately, we started worrying about the details of the moon surface. It actually came to a point where we had actually created the moon’s surface fairly accurately."

lol... this sums up PD pretty well. And everything good and bad that comes with it.

Its turns out that when I'm not buzzed I notice it a hell of a lot more. I have a feeling a Digital Foundry breakdown would pop some eyeballs alright.

It's inexcusable to downgrade the cockpit view to the extent they have here.

I guess you can't drive Ascari at dawn as the time change setting only goes between 10am and 5pm. Are there other courses like that or is this an Ascari thing?

Or maybe another mode that allows a full day/night cycle? I was using the test drive from the garage.

I really cant wait to see how the game improves over the coming months, on another note is there a reason why GT6 is not nominated for Driving game of the year for VGX?

“We do already have a big update coming in December, and in January there will probably be two big updates. And that’s because there’s a lot of things, such as the unveiling of new cars, which we have no control over.”

I'm guessing that he's referring to the Day 1 update, right? Or could there possibly be another big December update?

Was that the coffee break one? Best thing I learned is that if you knock over cones with the giant foam block things, they still count :)

Yup!

I tried e-braking into the giant set at the back and letting the foam blocks do the rest, but I could never get up to speed quickly enough to get 300 after doing that.

So instead I went left when the cone lanes split, knocked over the little groups and then drove through the giant cluster in the back, continuing to the other side and towards the arrows on the far right.

So I basically made one giant circle.

Yasawas

Licence tests are definitely easier, I could never get gold in the PS2 ones but I haven't missed one yet in this.

Good stuff. I knew I'd seen a prompt earlier about turning that off but when I finally went to look for it I couldn't find it. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than 5 and the UI is a part of that but they still make really dumb decisions like not having that in the main options and having "retry" be the default selection after a race which I seem to hit about a third of the time when I don't want to. Gnnnnnnngh.

But it's pretty good aye. In spite of the actual worst licensed soundtrack I have ever heard in my life, I need to get some music on that hard drive pronto.

So, should we read into anything because the Mercedes Vision Gran Turismo is on set at the VGX? It's really strange to see it there because Gran Turismo has no connection to the show since GT6 wasn't nominated due to coming out so late.

Top Bottom