• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Rflagg

Bloody C7

Damn I want this color

Really loving this game glad I caved. :)

Edit: I forgot about the drops in 1080p cockpit cam, maybe I am just lucky but in the 5 or so hours I have played have yet to notice anything. I downloaded 1.01 before doing anything else in game.

benzy

I only play cockpit view and I honestly have no idea what he's talking about. 1080p as well. Maybe my 7200rpm HDD is helping with it?? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm playing in 1080p as well, and the game still performs noticeably better than GT5 with all of the patches. Someone mentioned they notice drops to perhaps 20fps, but I can't even play or stand games like Castlevania Lord of Shadows because of that low of a framerate. Pretty sure I would notice those drastic kinds of drops in GT6, but I haven't so far.

It'll be interesting to see DF's analysis.

3 hours later..........747mb

WTF!!!!!
I thought it was just like GT5 - installing things as you need them. So the first time you visit a track, it gets installed. If you visit it again, it'll load a bit faster. If you never visit that track, it'll never get installed.

I could be wrong...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Pretty sure I found a bug. I was in my AE86, which is white, at Grand Valley. It was a bit overcast, and my car's paint looked like it changed colors to match the clouds. Whenever the camera hit the right angle, it would look white again.

Niks

The AI is certainly bad.
They slow down in the last lap for reasons unknown. I guess PD wants to make it easier for newcomers.

Any tips for the second coffee break mission?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The AI is certainly bad.
They slow down in the last lap for reasons unknown. I guess PD wants to make it easier for newcomers.

Any tips for the second coffee break mission?

The second cone one, or the fuel one?

Does the framerate really suffer in cockpit view? That would be a downer if so...
Yes it does, it is significant at times. It is less noticeable when driving:

1) without other cars
2) a Standard car (no cockpit detail to render)
3) on a track with not much detail
4) at 720p

But at 1080p, in demanding situations (detailed track, detailed interior, bunch of other Premium cars close in front of you) it's definitely there, to the point of being off-putting. It's been a while since I played GT5, but GT6 hasn't struck me as being a performance improvement overall.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah, if you value FPS you'll just have to give up on cockpit. I appreciate the larger viewing area anyway myself of first person/HUD.

I prefer a more realistic experience myself, so if's a low blow for me. Especially because I've never expected it to be worse (and with a pretty significant gap as well) than post 2.0GT5

We should have a place for PSN usernames so we can add each other.

PSN: zerosnake99
North America

if you add me just put "GT6" or "GAF" in the message. =]

PSN: dashkap
Continental EU

With physics this sophisticated (for a 7-8 year old console) and all the other visual trickery going on I'm really not surprised there's a frame rate drop here and there.
Also I'm betting thats 1 area they will try to improve with future patches.

"A frame rate drop HERE and THERE"? Now, I'm not gunning for you specifically (let's make that clear) but heeeeere we go again with magical copies of a game on GAF.
It's like a virus in here, it irks me so much... The Last of us, Killzone Shadow Fall, GTA5... every goddamn time a major release/beloved franchise release you see the same shit happening. Newsflash: you guys' game is the same as ours and GT6's framerate in cockpit view is abysmal, nowhere near 60fps I'm afraid.
Now all we need is someone to come and post "meh, you guys and your obsessive technicalities, when is that games stopped being about having fun!!11".

edit: for reference, I'm playing at 1080p
I wish the game gave you the option of choosing the res in-game but that isn't possible so for the time being I've been stuck at 1080p which of course will give worse performance (GT5 gained from a minimum of 2 to noticeable 4fps in 720p, maybe this time there's a bigger gap). I'll be sure to try 720p via XMB tomorrow.

Arklite

It's been a while since I played GT5, but GT6 hasn't struck me as being a performance improvement overall.

I feel the same. Playing mostly with premiums in cockpit view. Very, very juttery and I'm not sensitive to framerate changes normally. I'm enjoying the game but they're priorities surprise me.

How can the roadside rocks on Matterhorn and those on Trial Mountain exist in the same game? They look like they're literally two generations apart.

Lovin' this so far though. Got a fucking amazing flow.

bud

it's pretty obvious that they rushed the release so that they could make it in time for their 15th anniversary.

i'll buy it a few months down the line when they've--hopefully--fixed some of the issues and added some extra features.

Smokey

The difference in fps between cockpit and bumper driving view is pretty apparent. So much so that I've decided to use bumper view most of the time. The difference is too jarring for me.

creyas

God damn the weekend has been flying past.

Tommykaira ZZII '00 is pretty sick for 60k cred.

Am I getting better or the license tests are getting easier? I used to have so much trouble getting gold with these tests...

They do seem piss easy this time around. Haven't had any trouble with one, IB is the highest i've done so far - and i'm hardly a consistent performer. Lots of my golds include an obvious mistake in addition to general slowness. :)

Mission race A-3 is probably what has taken the most retries from me so far, nice satisfying event.

I'm finding my finger constantly slipping off of R2 when driving... it's really annoying. Should I just use X for acceleration or stick with the trigger?

You should consider getting Real Triggers.. probably on clearance by now. GTA5 would've been a real pain for me without one on RT.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It really sucks that you can't use the DS4 for the lame reason that it doesn't have analog buttons. Who cares? I'm going to map anything analog to the triggers anyways.

How are you guys setting up your DS3s for this?

I'm doing accelerate and brake on the triggers, and gear up/gear down on X and Square.

I'm finding my finger constantly slipping off of R2 when driving... it's really annoying. Should I just use X for acceleration or stick with the trigger?

andylsun

On national b. Subaru BRZ with all assists off and the driving force GT drives like a complete dream. Wonderful. Playing in 720p and it's so smooth and fluid.

Dusk on brands hatch was very special

FrankWza

I thought it was just like GT5 - installing things as you need them. So the first time you visit a track, it gets installed. If you visit it again, it'll load a bit faster. If you never visit that track, it'll never get installed.

I could be wrong...

Been so long since I installed GT5 but I could swear it had straight install option. Either way...This sucks

Been so long since I installed GT5 but I could swear it had straight install option. Either way...This sucks
I don't see the problem. If it's installing on demand as I suggested, the initial load of a track is still faster than GT5 after a full install. So it's a double win as far as I can tell - no waiting for a full install, much quicker regardless. So far, the load times and overall streamlining of the menus is the biggest and most enjoyable improvement over GT5 for me.

dubc35

On national b. Subaru BRZ with all assists off and the driving force GT drives like a complete dream. Wonderful. Playing in 720p and it's so smooth and fluid.

Dusk on brands hatch was very special
The BRZ/86 demand comfort medium or hard tires IMO :)

Unrelated Question:

Will the GAF Racing League be its own thread, or will that stuff be posted here?
It was a separate thread for GT5 but 'advertised' in this thread as well. [edit] I should say I only raced in a couple races towards the end of it though...

gtrunner

Banned
why are the replay motion blur effects from the replay videos gone in game play? they make the game feel so much faster. it should be in reverse,the replay shouldn't have motion blur and the game play should.

X-Bow + Matterhorn = roller coaster ride.

Megasoum

Banned
why are the replay motion blur effects from the replay videos gone in game play? they make the game feel so much faster. it should be in reverse,the replay shouldn't have motion blur and the game play should.

X-Bow + Matterhorn = roller coaster ride.

I did the Goodwood challenge with the XBow earlier....omg...

Goodwood - hell that's harder than I thought it would be, narrow and blind corners. Nice

Just finished those and won a pretty awesome car. Driving that course in all those classics was a lot of fun.

In terms of pacing and variety, I'd say this is best career mode in GT yet. Would you guys agree?

Megasoum

Banned
Just finished those and won a pretty awesome car. Driving that course in all those classics was a lot of fun.

In terms of pacing and variety, I'd say this is best career mode in GT yet. Would you guys agree?

Is there more to Goodwood than the initial 3 challenges?

I hope so cause if not that track is hella short lol. Those 3 challenges were amazing tho.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
I posted this yesterday, but no one answered.
I have a few more hours until they won't hold my pre-order & I won't get the bonus.

Can anyone clarify, I'm hearing some people say the game is actually less jaggier than GT5 contrary to the videos.

1) Is GT6 is THAT much jaggier than GT5, or are there options to reduce the jagged lines (720p, flicker reduction?).
The comparisons between the two games I seen make GT6 look twice as worse in this regard.

2) Is the A-Spec career mode a cut & paste job of the previous GT games? Like Sunday Cup, followed by FF Challenge etc...
All races have 2-3 laps maximum at the start & the following series increase to having a 5 lap maximum.
Most being open series, where you can have a Ferrari against a grid of Mini Coppers with no penalty.
Is there NO races that have the day time cycle changes applied or any weather races in A-Spec career mode like in GT5.

3) Are Rally races the same crap as in GT5, where if you touch the railings or go off track, the game disqualifies your current lap. Or is it like in GT3, where it was fun actually to rally race.

4) Any F1 cars & F1 car challenges in the game

FrankWza

how many hours does it take to install/download? Average..??

do I have access to the ring, without the update? And a good # of Cars...?

We were talking about the install from the disc. The update for me downloaded in a couple of minutes. When you have the disc you have the option to install as you go or not install. There should be a straight install option where you can't play but it installs in X amount of time. I've played for hours and don't even have 750mb s installed yet. So the only way to install is to play but you have to progress instead of installing like ps4 games do.

Is there more to Goodwood than the initial 3 challenges?

I hope so cause if not that track is hella short lol. Those 3 challenges were amazing tho.

Yeah, I got 3 more after that. Not sure if those were the last.

I have a few more hours until they won't hold my pre-order & I won't get the bonus.

Can anyone clarify, I'm hearing some people say the game is actually less jaggier than GT5 contrary to the videos.

The game looks nicer than GT5 to me. Both games have jaggies. Couldn't say which is worse in that regard.

A-spec does have some familiar events, but the structure of it has been overhauled. There are PP and tyre limits on every race now, so you won't be able to get too much of an advantage. There is a whole series of events that have only night racing. No weather yet, but I'm not that far in. Haven't seen rally yet either.

In my opinion, the career mode feels fresh and is a huge step up from GT5.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The 1.01 patch added in the screechier tire effects...they're a bit excessive sounding.

Korezo

1. I was one if the ones that thought GT5 looked much better than GT6, but after 20+ hours my eyes adjusted and now I see GT6 looking super clean and many times looking much better than GT5, especially in Dawn/dusk and night races.

2. Events are with PP now. Your car can't be above what ever PP amount the event says.

3.I haven't come across any rally events yet, but if its a mission race it will most likely be like in GT5 where you can get disqualified.

Anyway this game is better than GT5 in probably all categories. So if you liked GT5 you'll like GT6, if you hated GT5 you probably hate GT6. GT6 has a lot of fun cool events like the apercorne Hill missions. And the new race tracks are so good.

nasanu

Banned
Great GT planet interview by Jordan.

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

They talk about Senna, PS4, the moon, and some more.

Great?.. He never asks anything interesting at all.

Why didn't he ask about allowing us to start a race with cold tyres? Or adding tyre pressures? What about universal driving aid settings that carry across from car to car? Why are there no time attack leaderboards?

There are hundreds of good questions to put to him, all Jordan ever does is try to suck up.

Any chance you could do a 720p and 1080p grab of the same/similar shot? I'd really like to compare the IQ.

granturismo6dmp0d.png

commedieu

Banned
Its in my hands!!!! Gt6 is in my fucking hands!!!!!!!!!!!> ¥¤₩} ₩} ¥}¤¥》~×`←◇•◆◀→;-)◆◆!!!!!!!!!!

UNLIMITED POOOOOOWWWEEEERRRrrrrr

Skunkers

Is there NO races that have the day time cycle changes applied or any weather races in A-Spec career mode like in GT5.

I got my international A license last night, and one of the first events was called something Night Racing, it was three night time races on Bathurst, Matterhorn, and Willow Springs. The Matterhorn one in my stock '91 NSX was a goddamn bloodbath.

meep!

Neo Member
I really don't get the complaints about bad FPS in cockpit view when running at 1080p, I notice none of that, neither on old nor new tracks. I never even noticed any FPS dips for that matter either and this is coming from someone who usually is very sensitive to that kind of stuff in FPS (shooters)-games.

I'm far more annoyed by jaggies in the distance, shadows jumping over the place, and popins.

Ah. Well, I pretty much got lucky. I just drove randomly trying to find where the cones were grouped up. It only took me 2 tries, but I still haven't gotten gold on the 1st one.
The second one is horse shit. The first one literally drive straight and run into the big blocks to knock down the cones behind it. Take a sharp turn right and take the left route hitting as many cones as you can to the next big group of cones behind a foam block.

Played today after a 15 minute wait for installing. Really liking the snappiness of the menu. Had to quickly adjust the racing options for Accel/Decel and some other options.

Besides the crowds being made of cardboard, the game is beautiful. Jagginess aside, my car is GORGEOUS! Love this game simply for the attention to detail. The tracks are very well done too. Gonna go through more soon and unlock more cars after my exams.

Can't wait to do the Moon missions.

Top Bottom