• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

dubc35

This game's opening sequence literally made me shed a tear.

Holy shit, Kaz.
It left me unemotional and confused. That said, I've never been obsessed with Senna like the rest of the world. I found the Senna movie boring. Admittedly I wasn't old enough or following F1 when he was racing so it could have been very different if I lived in another part of the world.

Edit, fwiw this isn't a trolling post either...and assuming you're referencing the Senna aspect...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It left me unemotional and confused. That said, I've never been obsessed with Senna like the rest of the world. I found the Senna movie boring. Admittedly I wasn't old enough or following F1 when he was racing so it could have been very different if I lived in another part of the world.

Edit, fwiw this isn't a trolling post either...and assuming you're referencing the Senna aspect...

Yup. I'm talking as a Brazilian who grew up watching Senna race, saw his father cry for the first time ever on May 1st, 1994, and learned to love racing and cars because of what that guy was able to do behind a wheel - so I'm obviously biased.

dubc35

Yup. I'm talking as a Brazilian who grew up watching Senna race, saw his father cry for the first time ever on May 1st, 1994, and learned to love racing and cars because of what that guy was able to do behind a wheel - so I'm obviously biased.
I definitely understand then...and should have noticed your username in the process lol.

Having fun but this shit is driving me crazy.

Finish even, exit replay, exit event, next event, click, click, disable traction control, event, exit event, next event, click, click, disable traction control. AHHHH

For fuck sakes, I never ever want TC or any assists on, let me set them to universal off. Also my camera view. Cockpit, default to that! So many tedious bullshit menu items. Why no more next event button in Licenses Tests?! It was there in the last game! I am spending more time in menus than in the challenges themselves.

Goodwood - hell that's harder than I thought it would be, narrow and blind corners. Nice
Trying to gold the crossbow on that thing has been a real challenge. You have to caress that thing into corners because there is no room to correct on that thin strip and it bucks like a bronco even if you did have the room.

That said I'm having a lot more fun with it than I thought I would. Trying to find the right line through that hard left is tricky as hell.

Bulk_Rate

Noticed a few glitches in the last hour or so.

First, my Civic Type R's engine note changed dramatically (became very muted) between one race and the next.

Second, I took the Ferrari 365 courtesy car in arcade mode and the needles are swapped between the tacho and speedo, pretty funny to watch the speedo go from 0-200mph in 2 seconds.

Also, not sure its a glitch but the GT 15th Anniversary C7 'Vette has a whacked out vacuum cleaner sounding exhaust note whereas the regular C7 Stingray sounds like a proper V8

Yeah the next event in license tests is a strange omission and a niggly annoyance. I'm sure they added some extra "skip to" options in GT5 so maybe they'll add that to this game in a patch.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Noticed a few glitches in the last hour or so.

First, my Civic Type R's engine note changed dramatically (became very muted) between one race and the next.

Second, I took the Ferrari 365 courtesy car in arcade mode and the needles are swapped between the tacho and speedo, pretty funny to watch the speedo go from 0-200mph in 2 seconds.

Also, not sure its a glitch but the GT 15th Anniversary C7 'Vette has a whacked out vacuum cleaner sounding exhaust note whereas the regular C7 Stingray sounds like a proper V8
I've also ran into the engine sound glitch, but in my AE86. I've also had it changing colors during the race (I think it's reflecting the cloud color).

Does anyone know if there's a formal way to report bugs?

Celcius

°Temp. member
After spending most of the day yesterday and most of today playing, my system just freezes while saving. Upon restarting the game I see this:

corrupt_zps3c25bcee.png

Alllllll that progress gone...

rage44qe39.gif

I1) Is GT6 is THAT much jaggier than GT5, or are there options to reduce the jagged lines (720p, flicker reduction?).
The comparisons between the two games I seen make GT6 look twice as worse in this regard.

I just looked on GT5 and GT6 versions of Spa, and GT6 is a little (really little) more jaggier.

720p is much more jaggier but performance improves, and I didn’t notice any difference changing image options.

After spending most of the day yesterday and most of today playing, my system just freezes while saving. Upon restarting the game I see this:

corrupt_zps3c25bcee.png

rage44qe39.gif

GT6 has a backup save, look at your save files folder.

Smokey

I never signed up for PS+, I wanted to play online for free :(

that's too bad. id probably not touch the game for a while depending on how far in I got.

Finally cleared National B. 1st place in everything so far up until this point, and gold on the license tests. They seem to be a bit easier than in the past but whatev.

I did most of B with the rx-7. Ended up modding it to like 550PP. Towards the end it was a BITCH to keep from getting out from under me on turns etc. Silverstone can suck my toe. I did the classic series with the 15th anniversary gt40. Got to Silverstone and loved how planted it was around the corners. Really like that car. Destroyed everything pretty easily in the classic series though. The G27 has been great with this game. Can't imagine playing without it.

So finally have A license. As someone who didn't play much GT online, what are the online seasons and how do they work?

Celcius

°Temp. member
that's too bad. id probably not touch the game for a while depending on how far in I got.

GT6 has a backup save, look at your save files folder.

After pressing "no" for retry, I found out that in addition to saving your data, it also saves a backup of your data. It was able to restore my save and I only lost about 30 minutes of progress! :)
Now I'm going to be backing up my data to a flash drive every few hours lol.

Eusis

corrupt_zps3c25bcee.png

rage44qe39.gif
Oh man I had this happen... except it was a power outage, and right after clearing that initial tutorial race. Annoying, but no big deal and quickly let me test that, yes, unlike Forza 4 it's not so pretentious as to think it needs unskippable introductions for a storyless racing game. Wonder if that changed in Forza 5?

Anyways, I actually returned it since it's not as if it's a campaign I'd want to rush through and beat sooner than later, and I'd pick at GT5 instead... of which I'm kind of lost because of needing to make a driver, and seeing I need to "direct" them in races. I'll just have to look into it later, I only got it in the first place because it was $10 and I wanted to give the series another shot, though 6 seemed to be better able to finally sell me on the series.

Still working through National B. Tried that GT-R head-to-head and ended up getting bronze :\ I need more practice on Silverstone. I was always playing with the controller after spending all day with the T500 RS, so I'm going to blame it on that.

I've got 130,000 credits, and haven't bought anything yet. I'm trying to conserve cash as much as possible (and not using my 15th Aniv. cars) so I'm trying to decide on what to get next as the Clio is boring me. I'm leaning on some variant of an M3.

Finally cleared National B. 1st place in everything so far up until this point, and gold on the license tests. They seem to be a bit easier than in the past but whatev.

I did most of B with the rx-7. Ended up modding it to like 550PP. Towards the end it was a BITCH to keep from getting out from under me on turns etc. Silverstone can suck my toe. I did the classic series with the 15th anniversary gt40. Got to Silverstone and loved how planted it was around the corners. Really like that car. Destroyed everything pretty easily in the classic series though. The G27 has been great with this game. Can't imagine playing without it.

So finally have A license. As someone who didn't play much GT online, what are the online seasons and how do they work?

The seasonal challenges? They're basically a continuation of career mode. So there will be something like FR 400 PP challenge, where you've got three tracks that you need to race on with aforementioned car restrictions. The cash payout tended to be a lot better than most of the regular career races, and it was scaled based on your car's PP relative to max allowable PP.

There was one season in GT5 around Circuit de la Sarthe that was AWD 500 PP I think. You could get an older GT-R or something equivalent, cut across the chicanes, and make 1 million credits in about seven minutes or so. It was a godsend for farming cash.

Smokey

Still working through National B. Tried that GT-R head-to-head and ended up getting bronze :\ I need more practice on Silverstone. I was always playing with the controller after spending all day with the T500 RS, so I'm going to blame it on that.

I've got 130,000 credits, and haven't bought anything yet. I'm trying to conserve cash as much as possible (and not using my 15th Aniv. cars) so I'm trying to decide on what to get next as the Clio is boring me. I'm leaning on some variant of an M3.

The seasonal challenges? They're basically a continuation of career mode. So there will be something like FR 400 PP challenge, where you've got three tracks that you need to race on with aforementioned car restrictions. The cash payout tended to be a lot better than most of the regular career races, and it was scaled based on your car's PP relative to max allowable PP.

There was one season in GT5 around Circuit de la Sarthe that was AWD 500 PP I think. You could get an older GT-R or something equivalent, cut across the chicanes, and make 1 million credits in about seven minutes or so. It was a godsend for farming cash.

Cool, thanks. You are a better man than I!. I've been sprinkling in some of the Anniversary cars here and there. Mainly used my 550PP RX-7 though.

FrankWza

Still working through National B. Tried that GT-R head-to-head and ended up getting bronze : I need more practice on Silverstone. I was always playing with the controller after spending all day with the T500 RS, so I'm going to blame it on that.

That gtr is killer. If you're on pace to make gold he'll clip you and spin you out or initiate contact so you get disqualified either way. Happens at half way point for me. I went with 135...The regular one not the concept.

Had a weird bug where all races I tried to enter showed zero participants, and when attempting to Free Run a car it opened up an arcade race (?!) Restarting the game fixed everything, but was scared about save file corruption for a few minutes there.

I don't think it is possible to design a more boring uninspired track than Motegi. I will hotlap it when I need to lull my child to sleep.

Cool, thanks. You are a better man than I!. I've been sprinkling in some of the Anniversary cars here and there. Mainly used my 550PP RX-7 though.

It has been REALLY tempting. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep the desire in check lol.

That gtr is killer. If you're on pace to make gold he'll clip you and spin you out or initiate contact so you get disqualified either way. Happens at half way point for me. I went with 135...The regular one not the concept.

Yep. On my second attempt I got ahead of him on the second or third turn (before the first straight) and I was doing very well for a while when he decided to ram my ass off the road. That's when I decided I'll save it for tomorrow.

I ended up picking up the M3 Chrome Line. I expect National B to turn into a large joke now.

T Ghost

The 'Gallery' option won't be grayed out, but you still have to go into each one to check. No way to sort or otherwise tell from the listing on each manufacturer's page :\

Thanks. Apparently older models are all non-premium. I'm a Mazda owner and fan. Pretty disappointed with the Mazda collection on GT6. It is extensive but very, very outdated. So many amazing road car models Mazda have been releasing in the last 5-6 years, all ignored by GT6... no zoom-zoom love from Poliphony...

FrankWza

It has been REALLY tempting. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep the desire in check lol.

Yep. On my second attempt I got ahead of him on the second or third turn (before the first straight) and I was doing very well for a while when he decided to ram my ass off the road. That's when I decided I'll save it for tomorrow.

I ended up picking up the M3 Chrome Line. I expect National B to turn into a large joke now.

Ha...wait til he gets you on the collision disqualification...hopefully you'll get the gold quick before he can get you.im still only on bronze. I'm going to end up doing it so many times that gtr is gonna be me go to ride ;)

I've learned something:

If you ask me to go from last place to first place, in London, in two laps, I'm going to drive like an asshole.

There are a *lot* of two lap races here. Was it always like this? Because I don't remember such a preponderance of super-short events in GT5. A handful yes, but its almost every event I've done so far.

malyce

Single player is such a fucking drag. Wish there were other ways to make money.

On a different note: X-Bow + Comfort Softs + ABS Off + Mt. Panorama = Pure driving bliss.

T Ghost

Following somebody's tip here, ditched that stupid Honda Fit and got an '07 RX8. Oh, so much more FUN! FR and a real man's engine sound, awesome now!

I've learned something:

If you ask me to go from last place to first place, in London, in two laps, I'm going to drive like an asshole.

There are a *lot* of two lap races here. Was it always like this? Because I don't remember such a preponderance of super-short events in GT5. A handful yes, but its almost every event I've done so far.

Same shite with FM5. Not sure were this "trend" is coming from. Previously as we progressed, the number of laps increased. Hope that Polyphony didn't jump in that stupid trend of short races only. They are really annoying.

Also, what's up with the rolling starts only? I'm so tired of those! About time to stop this bullshit.

Does anything carry over if you have a GT5 save?

Didn't realize anything. Not a single crappy tiny car was transfered. The game gifted me a Mercedes concept car though. Looks awesome in the video but looks like crap in game from the cockpit view. Not sure if this gift is for everyone or a for having a GT5 save on HDD tough.

Eusis

Not sure if this gift is for everyone or a for having a GT5 save on HDD tough.
My brief time watching the VGX showed off the real life counterpart, saying it's the only one in existence right now and that it was a car designed for Gran Turismo and that those playing GT6 get to be among the first to experience it. Or something along those lines.

So yeah, probably just for everyone playing GT6, at least in launch window.

patchday

Following somebody's tip here, ditched that stupid Honda Fit and got an '07 RX8. Oh, so much more FUN! FR and a real man's engine sound, awesome now!

Same shite with FM5. Not sure were this "trend" is coming from. Previously as we progressed, the number of laps increased. Hope that Polyphony didn't jump in that stupid trend of short races only. They are really annoying.

Also, what's up with the rolling starts only? I'm so tired of those! About time to stop this bullshit.

Most professional races in real life do rolling starts so you can warm up your tires

Ha...wait til he gets you on the collision disqualification...hopefully you'll get the gold quick before he can get you.im still only on bronze. I'm going to end up doing it so many times that gtr is gonna be me go to ride ;)

I actually debated buying a GT-R after that just to get used to it, but chocked it up once again to end-of-day fatigue + lack of wheel. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I've learned something:

I think the earlier races in GT5 were just as short, and then got longer and longer as you went through the tiers. They may have toned it down though, and I think I'm mostly ok with that because doing 25 laps of Tsukuba in a Miata only to do 250 laps of Tsukuba in a Miata wasn't my definition of fun.

Unrelated: Are there seriously no GT6 online features active on the official site? I assumed I could grab my photos from the website and it looks like nothing at all is up. This shit was so blatantly rushed .__.

Most professional races in real life do rolling starts so you can warm up your tires

Except all of those racing series that never do rolling starts. Worst of all it isn't a real rolling start. You have no control over how you start the race. Same exact thing every race, every car, every event, since GT5. It is shit, and takes away from the thrill of race starts since everyone is equally spaced out every fricking race.

FootballFan

Completed what I am assuming was the final Goodwood challenge with the X1. All Golds in those events. I really enjoyed these challenges, I only struggled with the Aston Martin and the X1, otherwise it was very easy and most only took me two tries to complete.

I am absolutely loving the game by the way, it is well worth experiencing.The car handling model is amazing to me.

Also, I have only purchased one car since I started and have not been required to delve into the market for another because all the prize cars I've received are usually eligible for an upcoming event. Have also successfully avoided upgrading cars and tires, I just want to see how far I can progress without modifying my cars. It makes the races against the A.I. quite interesting.

otapnam

Only bought the fit so far.

Buy Honda fit to start
Beat novice n license get alfa mito and clio rs.
Beat national b mission races get evo iv.

Just keep stacking those credits till I really need something

nasanu

Banned

Not true at all. You only get disqualified if you go off track or you hit him from behind or hard (I glanced his car passing on the inside, no disqualification). And he never hit me at all, along each straight he got close, but always backed off before making contact. In fact I am yet to have a single CPU car hit me and I have completed everything up to international A.

Personally I think all these CPU hits are your own fault. I'd love to see replays.

Bummer about no daily login rewards, those were in at GT5's launch right(it's been a while)? The credit bonuses and museum cards were really great.

After getting enough money to actually buy cars that I want, I'm instantly reminded why I love GT. Most people play the game to race and stuff, but I seriously love collecting the interesting(to me at least) cars available in this game.

Anybody else bought an El Camino for the classic car challenge? I'm probably the only idiot who picked it over a Firebird Trans Am or a Plymouth Superbird haha.

spwolf

Thanks. Apparently older models are all non-premium. I'm a Mazda owner and fan. Pretty disappointed with the Mazda collection on GT6. It is extensive but very, very outdated. So many amazing road car models Mazda have been releasing in the last 5-6 years, all ignored by GT6... no zoom-zoom love from Poliphony...

what amazing Mazda's in 5 years?

They have 787B as premium model, they have Furai, they have original MX-5, they have RX-8 Type S, they have MX-5 RS, those last two are last 2 sports cars by Mazda.

I am not sure what other cars would you want them to have from past few years, CX-5 Diesel?

Top Bottom