• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Skunkers

what amazing Mazda's in 5 years?

They have 787B as premium model, they have Furai, they have original MX-5, they have RX-8 Type S, they have MX-5 RS, those last two are last 2 sports cars by Mazda.

I am not sure what other cars would you want them to have from past few years, CX-5 Diesel?

The Mazdaspeed3's I'm guessing.

Mazdaspeed6 also, if it's not in, I don't remember.

T Ghost

what amazing Mazda's in 5 years?

They have 787B as premium model, they have Furai, they have original MX-5, they have RX-8 Type S, they have MX-5 RS, those last two are last 2 sports cars by Mazda.

I am not sure what other cars would you want them to have from past few years, CX-5 Diesel?

GT for me is not only about super cars, motorsports and sports cars. It is about digging normal, mundane, real life cars that you like in real life. Mazda list in the game is extremely outdated, stuck in '03, '05, at best. And Mazda lineup made big improvements since then! If one think Mazda road car lineup is the same from '05, one is really not following real life Mazda releases. The ones I'm missing the most are 2010+ Mazdaspeed 3, Mazda 3, RX8, MX5, Mazda 6, Mazda 2, CX9. These models have completely new chassis, newer design and 2011 and newer models have skyactiv engine, transmission and chassis. There is a version of the CX5 in the game but an '05 model, not premium and they didn't even include basic info for the car (power, weight, etc.). There's is a 2003 version of the Mazdaspeed 3 (Japan version, very weak engine, outdated chassis, engine, etc) and there is a '10 Mazda 2 but it has no skyactive and its Japan's weaker specs. Mazda lineup in GT6 is a bummer for real life Mazda fans. Same for Nissan and Honda as well, lot of old cars from previous games, not much new stuff. Really miss a good '10 Mazdaspeed 3... Oh, well, game is awesome besides that and there's a lot to enjoy though.

Gjerven

Really missing the ability to map the RA menu to a controller - not being able to adjust the traction control (and 4WDtq, ABS, F&R Brake) while in game makes it really more difficult, considering the new physics versus GT5 (only needed TC 1 on high-powered cars with an controller).

Hopefully it's an oversight and will be added later in an update, considering it's available with an DFGT-wheel.

Rflagg

Anybody else have a harder time with one car, or maybe style of car, I got the 97 MR2 GTS for the 90s Japanese championship and because I used to own a MR2 and holy crap do I have to fight it on every corner.

TheRook

Anybody else have a harder time with one car, or maybe style of car, I got the 97 MR2 GTS for the 90s Japanese championship and because I used to own a MR2 and holy crap do I have to fight it on every corner.

Used the premium RX-7(FD3S), smoked them easily.

I've yet to use a standard car.

gt6-laguna-gt-rs1if2.gif

gt6-goodwood-dinoe0cco.gif

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

MR in GT6 have massively over exaggerated lift off oversteer while FR and FF have none at all. So, if you're struggling with it, move to a different drivetrain.

I've come to the conclusion that the key to really enjoying the career mode is to pick a car/setup that is well below the max PP/HP restriction but capable of winning the race when driven really well.

DieH@rd

Banned
Are there more special events after Goodwood and Moon? I finished all the challenges at Goodwood [damn @ Red Bull prototype].

bombshell

I've come to the conclusion that the key to really enjoying the career mode is to pick a car/setup that is well below the max PP/HP restriction but capable of winning the race when driven really well.

This has been the case in every GT, because of the ridiculously slow AI.

MR in GT6 have massively over exaggerated lift off oversteer while FR and FF have none at all. So, if you're struggling with it, move to a different drivetrain.

Dat Stratos instability lol. I have the anniversary Stratos and it's mad, even on sport hard tyres. Feathering the throttle even on high speed turns that are normally flat out.

Dead Man

Really missing the ability to map the RA menu to a controller - not being able to adjust the traction control (and 4WDtq, ABS, F&R Brake) while in game makes it really more difficult, considering the new physics versus GT5 (only needed TC 1 on high-powered cars with an controller).

Hopefully it's an oversight and will be added later in an update, considering it's available with an DFGT-wheel.

What? Surely they didn't actually remove that? Fucking hell.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Dat Stratos instability lol. I have the anniversary Stratos and it's mad, even on sport hard tyres. Feathering the throttle even on high speed turns that are normally flat out.

The stratos kinda makes sense with it's tiny wheel base but it felt pretty much the same as every other MR car.

The stratos kinda makes sense with it's tiny wheel base but it felt pretty much the same as every other MR car.

I dunno, for the low speed stuff, like under 45 mph cornering, it felt real nice and only oversteered as genuine punishment for poor throttle and steering control.

At high speed though, like the first bend of the CCE high speed circuit it would just step out with 75% throttle and minor adjustment on the steering.

Question time: how do seasonals fare in terms of the PP limit? I'm still on the main career and am competing with cars at 60% of the PP limit, and it's still too easy on the bends. The straights aren't nearly long enough to help the AI.

Noice.

Question - what's the consensus on the worst-looking standard car in GT6?
I dunno, but I flew past a TVR Speed Twelve yesterday and it looked pretty horrible. Big blocky steps on wheelarches and around the filler cap. I thought they'd fixed all the wheelarches... I guess not.

dalin80

Banned
I dunno, but I flew past a TVR Speed Twelve yesterday and it looked pretty horrible. Big blocky steps on wheelarches and around the filler cap. I thought they'd fixed all the wheelarches... I guess not.

So far it looks like they have improved about a 1/4 of the standards varying from almost premium bodies to simply smoothing out jaggy arches.

nasanu

Banned

Have you played the game? The NSX has about as much lift off oversteer as you would expect and there are plenty of FF cars with it also.

The Goodwood events really highlight how different each car feels. It's the same little strip of road every time, but it always feels like a new challenge. The old Ford GT is my favourite so far.

JamboGT

I found the NSX and 458 to be very controllable and the Stratos is terrifying, also the Scirooco N24 is great fun, such a good front end on entry.

NeoGash

Does anyone know what frame rate the reflections in the rear view mirror run at? Also, can you see the crowd in the mirrors? I want to know, just a couple of things I have been thinking about for a while.

Ted

Put a few more hours into this game yesterday, mostly online and I'm having a blast. I was racing Bathhurst with some Aus/NZ guys, obviously not being familiar with the track I was way off the pace (they were fast guys so I don't think I'd ever have been fighting for a podium!) but they were really great with tips and generally being supportive.

After a few four lap races I finally feel like I have a vague idea where the track goes and it's a really great circuit, not one for racing randoms at I suspect as it's so narrow at points but with the right guys the racing is intense particularly through the top section.

There are a couple of negatives though. First up, connection issues. There was quite a few disconnects generally through the evening but also quite a few tiny pauses in game play. There was no visible lag on-screen everything just freezes up for a millisecond before carrying on as before. It's quite disconcerting at times if it happens mid corner!

Second up, the stupidly low payout. 'Nuff said.

Now, I'm off to get all stars in IB to get the prize car, the awesome
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
, and save myself
300,000 credits
! I may be some time.

Sorc3r3r

So the game is good and fun.
Now where the hell are my damn shuffle online races?

Was the only thing i was doing online.
I'm so disappointed.

Niks

After getting enough money to actually buy cars that I want, I'm instantly reminded why I love GT. Most people play the game to race and stuff, but I seriously love collecting the interesting(to me at least) cars available in this game.

Anybody else bought an El Camino for the classic car challenge? I'm probably the only idiot who picked it over a Firebird Trans Am or a Plymouth Superbird haha.

Yup, I bought the Shelby GT350.
My dad used to own a classic '67 Mustang. Nice to see it ingame.

I want to start turning down or turning off the assists one at a time, so I can feel what difference it is making. In what order should I start doing this?

Anyone tried driving the anniversary edition Lotus Europa S.2 '68? It seems to spin out at the slightest touch of my wheel, I've no clue how to control it.

I have a very important question.

How is the sound in the game? I have heard some comparisons with GT5 and it sounded better, but not as good as Project Cars/Assetto Corsa.

This is really important to me, deal breaker if not satisfying and great.

I have a very important question.

How is the sound in the game? I have heard some comparisons with GT5 and it sounded better, but not as good as Project Cars/Assetto Corsa.

This is really important to me, deal breaker if not satisfying and great.

The deal is off.
It's basically the same as GT5(so not great)

JamboGT

Anyone tried driving the anniversary edition Lotus Europa S.2 '68? It seems to spin out at the slightest touch of my wheel, I've no clue how to control it.

I didn't think it was too bad, just don't lift off mid corner and brake in a straight line would be my tips. Also stay away from the Lanica Stratos! :p

I didn't think it was too bad, just don't lift off mid corner and brake in a straight line would be my tips. Also stay away from the Lanica Stratos! :p

Tried doing whatever the B tier championship is and it was a real struggle. Would have thought I tuned it poorly but it was one of the anniversary, "pre-tuned" cars so I don't think I bothered.

BoomBap

Neo Member
The sound is my only complaint with the game. Its really pretty bad in my opinion. Sound is such a big part of my love for all things auto. Great game over all tho and am loving it thus far!

Comparison dual view with interior and exterior camera, of graphics and sounds, between Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo 5. Its a lap at Nürburgring GP with Ferrari 458 Italia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwXHfaEc2Pc

In this I think that GT6 wins with the new sky and lighting.

WOW, the sound is almost identical, and GT5 interior lighting is much more precise.
The only thing better in GT6 (in this video) is the world lighting and skybox. Goddamn shame about the sound, it is vacuum cleaners all over again

JPodz

Banned
One thing I haven't seen many people talking about is the damage model. It's there, it's subtle and I like it. I was doing a race in career mode ( don't remember which) in the Honda S2000 and I was racing clean with maybe some little rubbing against other cars on turns, and I decided to watch the replay. The hood and one side of the the car was definitely deformed.

Now the damage model isn't as good as Grid or Burnout and still, crashing head first into a barrier sounds like crap and doesn't do anything to your car, but the little damage model I saw, I liked.

WOW, the sound is almost identical, and GT5 interior lighting is much more precise.
The only thing better in GT6 (in this video) is the world lighting and skybox. Goddamn shame about the sound, it is vacuum cleaners all over again

Seriously. At this level of realism in the graphics, the engine sounds completely kill the immersion. I get more excited watching a 458's throttle being blipped than watching that replay.

The Stealth Fox

GT5 shadows look like an absolute mess when you drive. GT6's visual package is better.

Sound is similar, I agree.

I'm surprised by GT6 vs asseto corsa in terms of suspension modeling and physics in general. They're actually very similar.

Console sims starting to match PC sims in physics?

Top Bottom