• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I've been playing the with G27 in 670 degrees of rotation mode.

For those that missed it:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

yeah, these settings make the game much better for me, the formula gt with 670 is amazing to drive.

i can't wait to unlock the mcLaren-honda mp4/4 and the lotus 97t.

dirt and snow tracks @ 450

formula gt, rocket, caterham, x-bow @ 670

not all cars require a change though, for example the nsx and fxx are way to twitchy out of the 900 mode.

polyphony need to add steering set-up in the car settings menu

also, the 450 mode makes f1ce a bliss to drive - no more twitchfest handling

banderas.gif

Kiraly

Bah, hit a wall with the final International B event (Gt All-Stars). Any car suggestions?

I bought a 430 Scuderia and upgraded it to 608 PP. Was not that hard, but you do have to be careful in the handling of the car. The Ferrari FXX does manage to keep up a lot of times.

gt6-goodwood-dinoe0cco.gif

Fucking nicely done.

That Dino run on good wood shot me straight to the store to buy it.

WOW, the sound is almost identical, and GT5 interior lighting is much more precise.
The only thing better in GT6 (in this video) is the world lighting and skybox. Goddamn shame about the sound, it is vacuum cleaners all over again

That lack of shadows in 6 really bothers me. It was something I've always praised in 5. I want it back in it's full glory in 7.

commedieu

Banned
Ill eat a tiny bit of crow on the sound...Well its horrible, but its different. Driving a car under a normal load, actually sounds improved. But PD has done something weird with the sound/acceleration high RPM's. It sounds "clippy"; Best way to describe it, is as if theres a different audio file for the high RPM's that kicks in, and you almost hear the sound loading. Anyone else notice this? Its pretty noticable. Instead of say, letting your foot off the gas in Gear, and having a gradual wind down of RPM sound, it just sounds like it stops all together. can't really hear the transmission whine either anymore. (Tested a c7 out)

Seems promising that they are at least tinkering at it..? I guess.

Just try hopping into a car, throwing it into 3rd, and driving it around 50--60mph, seems like the ideal range they sampled the sounds. It almost sounds car like. But yeah..

A.I seems to notice eachother more, but still.. it seems im invisible. Im just on the third beginner race though.

Matterhorn is an amazing track, that first weird corner downgrade was tragic. (with the blue signs you can knock over), and the coffee breaks are so neat.

FrankWza

I have a very important question.

How is the sound in the game? I have heard some comparisons with GT5 and it sounded better, but not as good as Project Cars/Assetto Corsa.

This is really important to me, deal breaker if not satisfying and great.

What king of sound system are you running?

Animal

Banned
Once you get into National B career and you use a car that has equivalent pp and performance to your rivals, the AI kicks it up a notch and is already a 100 times better than gt5.

People complaining of terrible AI must not be far enough in game or are using cars way above the performance of the AIs cars.

Kaz stated in the GTPlanet interview that in the lower grades of career, the AI is set to be inexperienced and non optimal.

I'm looking forward to see what the AI will be like towards the end of career mode.

otapnam

Once you get into National B career and you use a car that has equivalent pp and performance to your rivals, the AI kicks it up a notch and is already a 100 times better than gt5.

People complaining of terrible AI must not be far enough in game or are using cars way above the performance of the AIs cars.

Kaz stated in the GTPlanet interview that in the lower grades of career, the AI is set to be inexperienced and non optimal.

I'm looking forward to see what the AI will be like towards the end of career mode.

I'm Definitely trying not to use oveepowered cars/modify my cars too much as well. Like the seasonals in gt5, it was more fun using a car with light mods like suspension rather than maxing it out and just outgunning the ai

commedieu

Banned

Good to hear.. and even in the basic career, they are acting differently towards eachother than I saw in GT5. If you drive with the racing line on, you can really see them straying around.

I'm Definitely trying not to use oveepowered cars/modify my cars too much as well. Like the seasonals in gt5, it was more fun using a car with light mods like suspension rather than maxing it out and just outgunning the ai

Thats my hope. I'd love to have at least, difficult, a.i players. Or challenging... It would be nice to not have to rely on online for competition, but we will see!

dubc35

I absolutely love the fact there are no more used cars for the only reason that all miles logged on the odometer for each car were driven only by me. xD

rvy

Banned
Thing is interior shadows got downgraded on GT5. If you take a look at GT5 prologue, the shadows resolution was much higher.

Now it looks like they completely removed the shadows from GT6.

I'll gladly take no shadows over crappy ass aliasing on my dashboard. At least it's more visually consistent and appealing.

kanuuna

What's with the comments about the absence of interior shadows? They look good to me.
Sure, the absence of self-shadowing stands out. But I doubt they could do better with the hardware without further compromising the framerate.

I do look forward to what they might accomplish with the PS4.

Tips on the B license mission race with the GTR? I'm 1.2 secs off gold and that other GTR pulls way harder than mine on the straights!

EDIT: nvm I finally did it by 0.7 seconds!

Curufinwe

I find out yesterday that my mum didn't actually order me the DF GT for my birthday next week, so I've packaged up GT 6 to return to Amazon. I didn't want to buy it myself and then also pay for a stand. I'll wait till GT 7.

Mazda list in the game is extremely outdated, stuck in '03, '05, at best.

Agreed. I'm a Mazda fanboy IRL and even though my NC Miata IRL is in the game, it's still quite disappointing that GT6 doesn't have the Miata Super 25, RX-8 R3, and the Mazdaspeeds.

Yup, I bought the Shelby GT350.
My dad used to own a classic '67 Mustang. Nice to see it ingame.

Nice, that's probably my next classic muscle car purchase for the National A's if my El Camino can't keep up lol.

Speaking of which, the El Camino is probably my favorite car in the game now. That two speed slushbox combined with the raw power of the V8 is quite amazing. At stock internals and sports hard tires, you can hoon like this just by mashing the gas coming out of a corner.

Hooning this car is seriously the most fun I've had in this game so far haha.

Thing is interior shadows got downgraded on GT5. If you take a look at GT5 prologue, the shadows resolution was much higher.

Now it looks like they completely removed the shadows from GT6.
They didn't. The technique they used in Prologue and GT5 was clearly too expensive, and when it lost fidelity it looked disgusting. Sharp interior, jaggy-ass shadow. Now they've done something different, not sure how it works, but you definitely still get shadows casting over interiors, but they are very soft, which may look less realistic under harsh sunlight, but at all other times it looks better, simply because it's less distracting than the jaggy mess of GT5.

Both solutions are compromises - hopefully the PS4 can deliver both crisp shadows and soft shadows appropriately.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does anyone else have trouble with the custom soundtrack? It's working in replays for me, but it's playing the game's music during the race even though I have personal BGM checked off in the options.

commedieu

Banned
They didn't. The technique they used in Prologue and GT5 was clearly too expensive, and when it lost fidelity it looked disgusting. Sharp interior, jaggy-ass shadow. Now they've done something different, not sure how it works, but you definitely still get shadows casting over interiors, but they are very soft, which may look less realistic under harsh sunlight, but at all other times it looks better, simply because it's less distracting than the jaggy mess of GT5.

Both solutions are compromises - hopefully the PS4 can deliver both crisp shadows and soft shadows appropriately.

Hopefully the PS4 can pull off the Replay post processing.

GT6's replay mode looks how Motorstorm 2 looked. I was hoping GT6 looked like all the replays i've been seeing, as GT5's bonnet cam/interior cams in replay didn't really have post too much, but the outside replay cam did.

When you watch the replay from the inside camera in gt6, it looks pretty damn glorious, and with the assets its using, the post processing really blends them together well.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already, but the oil change trick still works on new cars in GT6. Used it on the 15th Anny cars and cars purchased from the dealership (just make sure you aren't going over the PP limit for the events you want to enter the car).

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already, but the oil change trick still works on new cars in GT6. Used it on the 15th Anny cars and cars purchased from the dealership (just make sure you aren't going over the PP limit for the events you want to enter the car).

I thought that only worked on used cars, and it was because it was replacing old oil? Anyway whatever, free (ish) horsepower!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Gold on the first coffeebreak mission with the cones took me 15+ tries at least.

I heard that it's actually one of the harder ones, is this true?
Because i've been postponing the other cone challenges because I expected them to be even harder.

Also, i'm finding that i'm flatout broke for most of this game, it's really kind of bothering me.
It's no option to buy cars just for fun, or just because you really want to own them, because it fucks you over later because you need specific types of cars for each venue.

I'm half-way into A-spec with every single event maxed out on stars so far, and yet i'm flat out broke because I decided to upgrade my Lotus Elise a little, and purchase a Subaru Impreza because, well, I love that car.

This really does take the fun-factor out of the racing campaign to me. These events are worth jack fucking shit in terms of credits and I'm now left with cars that simply can't compete because i'm now facing Pagani Zonda's and shit. Which I can't afford.

And if I do grind and buy one, the next venue will require me to have a rather high-end 4WD or RWD or something.

Gold on the first coffeebreak mission with the cones took me 15+ tries at least.

Because i've been postponing the other cone challenges because I expected them to be even harder.

Also, i'm finding that i'm flatout broke for most of this game, it's really kind of bothering me.
It's no option to buy cars just for fun, or just because you really want to own them, because it fucks you over later because you need specific types of cars for each venue.

I'm half-way into A-spec with every single event maxed out on stars so far, and yet i'm flat out broke because I decided to upgrade my Lotus Elise a little, and purchase a Subaru Impreza because, well, I love that car.

This really does take the fun-factor out of the racing campaign to me. These events are worth jack fucking shit in terms of credits and I'm now left with cars that simply can't compete because i'm now facing Pagani Zonda's and shit. Which I can't afford.

And if I do grind and buy one, the next venue will require me to have a rather high-end 4WD or RWD or something.

Sounds like you are ready to elevate your game to the Michael Transactions level

I thought that only worked on used cars, and it was because it was replacing old oil? Anyway whatever, free (ish) horsepower!

Yeah, I couldn't remember how it worked in GT5. I thought it was used only as well, another Gaffer thought it worked on new too, though.

Regardless, definitely works on new in GT6. Easily the best PP/HP boost you can get for the money.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Welp, can add the personal BGM to the bug list. It randomly switches between the game's soundtrack and my custom one in races. If I restart the race it randomly chooses one.

The Coffee Breaks get easier, not harder.

Ummmmm, I did an oil change on my Vision Mercedes, and it pushed the PP over the limit for me to enter the Vision Mercedes seasonal event. What do I do?

Welp, can add the personal BGM to the bug list. It randomly switches between the game's soundtrack and my custom one in races. If I restart the race it randomly chooses one.
Yeah, its pretty damn flaky.

But I also see some "The is no music track to play" errors every so often, just before the game decides to just stop trying to play custom tracks altogether. Have no idea what could be causing this though as its not like I'm doing anything funny, music file wise. I just have the same two MENU and RACE playlists I use for GT5.

eagledare

Does anyone else have trouble with the custom soundtrack? It's working in replays for me, but it's playing the game's music during the race even though I have personal BGM checked off in the options.

It's definitely buggy. I found that if I start a race and it isn't playing my songs I can usually restart the race and the game will start playing my playlist, and from then on all my songs will play, but only in that race. In the next race I'll have to restart once to kickstart my BGM again. Weird bug.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Ok, now my headlights are barely working. I just did night races at Matterhorn and Willow Springs in my AE86. At best, it looked like I had a flashlight taped to my bumper. Most of the race, it looked like I didn't even have headlights. Wtf man. The bugs are really starting to piss me off.

ruttyboy

Speaking of bugs, has anyone else come across the engine just bogging down sometimes on a standing start? You have the accelerator fully down (and can see it's fully down on the screen) but the engine won't rev properly, almost like a fuel injection fault!

First noticed it at Goodwood with the GT40, but then it also happened with the GT-R mission race.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just turned the custom soundtrack off. It was also causing the game to freeze up for a second at the start and end of races.

Calabi

If this was proven to work, then i'd almost consider doing this right now.
Fuck yo microtransactions.

I'm doing it now. I'm getting all the most expensive cars I could never afford(either time or money wise).

edit: You get gifted one free so you can just use that.

s2000

Neo Member
Sorry if this was already asked..

Can someone tell me about the gps course maker? Does it track hill grades? How long can the course be?

Top Bottom