• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

commedieu

Banned
Is there a way, when going into an event you don't have the right cars for, to bring up just the cars to buy that will be eligible?

for buying, GT6 has that sectiono of 'recommended cars" and they list PP/Event. If thats what you're asking..

and during a race, you see a list of the cars that tend to participate in the event.

Calabi

You can't sell the gifted car, at least with the game patched.

Well the trick is you unpatch the game then sell it. They cant stop you because the car wasnt in the game before the patch. It has a generic name and I just found out if you try and change to it, it freezes the game.

I drove the Anniversary version earlier and loved it. Especially after driving the Stratos, which is very tail happy. Driving it on Autumn Ring was a nightmare.

I thought the Stratos was pretty stable on the Autumn Ring if you weren't being abusive, only a nightmare on what are supposed to be non-lift bends! Can't get used to it.

Neo 007

Don't know if it's just me but has anyone else found the KTM X-Bow to be almost impossible to save from snap oversteer? Still a tone of fun though.

Also I need friends that actually play driving games.
My PSN Playtech007

I noticed I forgot to put the wheel on simulation mode steering ... doh. Feels even better now.

In general, in terms of physics change, the suspension and grip do seem to be improved a lot. Especially gliding sideways out of the corner, which is something that happened to me on the Nurburgring in real life, is now also happening in the game much more realistically. Feels much better.

I've been driving the X-bow some more on Bathurst, great race, and at higher difficulty, the AI does a good job of challenging you. Have to be quite careful not to lose the car. I just nicely drove to first position round about the final downhill straight, only to take the hill at the end a little careless and losing it, coming in third. Doh.

Risgroo

Probably picking this up around Christmas, and I'd love to do some online races. Any plans of bringing back the NRL?
Also, can you use the moon rover on other tracks, besides the moon?

I thought the Stratos was pretty stable on the Autumn Ring if you weren't being abusive, only a nightmare on what are supposed to be non-lift bends! Can't get used to it.

I just said screw it and went and picked the Europa S.2. Acceleration was garbage but it got the job done for the championship.

Anyone been getting error 1:6399? Connection could not be established?

I've had it since I got the game. Don't want to mess about with my router yet in case others from the UK also have a similar issue.

My GT5 works fine online and it appears to be a generic online GT 5/6 code.

Thanks

Animal

Banned
How the hell do you people drift in this game?

I'm trying to do the first drift coffee break in the silvia and the back either doesnt want to slide or it completely snaps around.

I consider myself quite good at this game (I easily get to top 100 in NA in all Academies) but I cant drift in this game to save my life.

Does anybody know when the goodwood track unlocks ?? Completed the x1 goodwood event but still can not fo a freerun on the track...

Niks

I'm trying to do the first drift coffee break in the silvia and the back either doesnt want to slide or it completely snaps around.

I consider myself quite good at this game (I easily get to top 100 in NA in all Academies) but I cant drift in this game to save my life.

Try to go slow, 2nd gear and turn the wheel. Took me a while to gold.

TofuEater

Are you using a wheel or ds3?

I had so much trouble drifting with the wheel and ffb on.. unplug the power cord and it becomes much easier.

For the s15 coffee break, once u get control of the car leave it in third, aim for 80kmh entering each corner. Also just before the corner weight shift your car, I.e turn away from the corner before turning in and applying gas.

TTG

I cannot for the life of me drive aggressively in cockpit view. I don't know what it is, but I don't brake the same way and I don't put the car inch perfect on the curbs. Oh well...

TTG

The game no longer tracks the top 10(or so) fastest laps you set on a circuit in free run? What the fuck?

Kiraly

Just did the GT3 championship

The BMW M3 GT3 sounds insane as fuck

Races start with a rolling start in double formation (very tight packed and with a car next to you), is basically a standing start. And yes, the framerate dips in the first corner with 10 cars on the screen.

AI is noticeably better

Animal

Banned
Try to go slow, 2nd gear and turn the wheel. Took me a while to gold.

I'm trying and failing.

Are you using a wheel or ds3?

I had so much trouble drifting with the wheel and ffb on.. unplug the power cord and it becomes much easier.

For the s15 coffee break, once u get control of the car leave it in third, aim for 80kmh entering each corner. Also just before the corner weight shift your car, I.e turn away from the corner before turning in and applying gas.

I'm using a wheel. the Logitech Driving Force GT to be precise. I don't like the idea of having to unplug the wheel. I should be able to enjoy the game and learn how to be good with the wheel as intended. I am doing as you say with the weight transfer of the rear. I'm finding it extremely difficult though. More difficult than in real life.

Korezo

I am doing the first drift coffee brake and it won't let me change the tires unfortunately.

You can, under driving options pick Comfort Hard tires. Is this the event with the orange Silvia? Comfort hard are the easiest tires to drift with.

commedieu

Banned
I am doing the first drift coffee brake and it won't let me change the tires unfortunately.

In my case, the car and setup is fixed and I cannot change things to better suit me.

im sorry :(

edit;

love your avatar :)

edit;

is this your FIRST time trying to drift in the game at all? meaning, early on in the game? Aren't the physics sort of n00blet friendly for the first sort of races and what not...? (I know you're a pro, just maybe thats it.. assists still on in background?)

TTG

If Bathurst was called Bratwurst everyone would have shrugged after lapping it once, wondering why they bothered to model this wholly unremarkable stretch of road. You know it's true.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy crap that 6th Goodwood in the SLS AMG hahaha...talk about speed. It's like twice as fast as the previous car.

Btw, is there still an option for headtracking using the camera? I'm curious to try it with a camera from work.

For me, this is what a PS3 GT was supposed to be. I haven't even come across a standard car yet, the new tracks (which seem to be the big focus) are all completely gorgeous, and the driving feels incredible. Most importantly, the flow is just incredible - I've got it installed on my hard drive and it's crazy quick popping between different areas and events. It's too bad some of the previous stages look like such utter garbage - Trial Mountain in particular. I'd love to see that track done properly, I love it.

One gripe - is there still no dedicated rally area? They have these incredible rally stages that they almost never use, and yet their rally feels incredible. Why.

Jezbollah

What the blue hell is up with the cars rears flying in the air if it brakes suddenly?

I endo'd a 440pp Peugeot 106 S16 at the top of Bathurst's Skyline section and it started flipping end over end.

subwilde

What the blue hell is up with the cars rears flying in the air if it brakes suddenly?

I endo'd a 440pp Peugeot 106 S16 at the top of Bathurst's Skyline section and it started flipping end over end.

Where is Bathurst? I don't see it in game

Top Bottom