• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Most importantly, the flow is just incredible - I've got it installed on my hard drive and it's crazy quick popping between different areas and events. .
+1 to this. I also have the digital download and its snappy and quick to load events across the board. Must be the as-needed-install times with the disk version that is messing with people.

Mobius 1

+1 to this. I also have the digital download and its snappy and quick to load events across the board. Must be the as-needed-install times with the disk version that is messing with people.

Once a course and cars have been used/seen once ( and therefore installed on the hard drive ), load times are remarkably fast.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, who decided to put a go kart championship series in the main campaign? 3 races with 6 laps each in go-karts. :(
I wish they would leave go karts as a side-event like in GT5. I guess I'll come back to it later...

otapnam

Ugh, who decided to put a go kart championship series in the main campaign? 3 races with 6 laps each in go-karts. :(
I wish they would leave go karts as a side-event like in GT5. I guess I'll come back to it later...

Wonder if there's a prize list out there. It'll definitely help with not wasting credits

Bulk_Rate

I think someone said that they've added the extra visual effects (like motion blur) to the cockpit view during replays, so that eliminates 60fps. Although it's probably a taster of what to expect in terms of effects with GT7 (that'll be at 60fps).

The replays w/ blur from hood cam look almost like real life. They remind me of 35mm footage of racing from the 70's etc., something about the realistic color palette PD chose.

Hypnotic

FrankWza

AEG studio recording headphones.

Never heard of those but that's not really a sound system. Since you're not amping them with virtual surround it's not gonna sound great anyway it's just stereo. Still not great with mixamp or speaker system but it makes a difference. Just enjoy the racing

Niks

International B, Supercar Festival at LeMans...

2492606-7549327712-tumbl.gif

rager

Banned
Educate me please, I upgraded my ford focus and I notice a hissing sound when I shift, what is that? Sounds cool.

Animal

Banned
Alright folks I golded the first drift CB. Taking your time and being slow to make sure you enter the drift zones at the right speeds is key. Also some turns were easier in 2nd while others were easier in 3rd gear. Lots of practice!

Thanks for the help all :)

Dead Man

Educate me please, I upgraded my ford focus and I notice a hissing sound when I shift, what is that? Sounds cool.

Probably a blow off valve for a turbo if you fitted one, to release built up pressure in the system when the revs drop to change gears.

Can't wait to play GT7 on dat Dualshock 4. Anyways played a bit more. Getting through some of the more basic cups. Haven't hit any hurdles yet. But then again its just the beginner cups.

OmegaDL50

Headlights don't do shit in night tracks, I have to jack the brightness up in game just so I can see where I'm going.

Yes I totally understand what you mean. I fucking hate Matterhorn course during that Night Series, Too many twists and turns at pitch blackness.

I think there is an issue that Standard Cars don't properly project light, so using a standard the headlights are totally useless.

This needs to be fixed.

What? No. Really? Shit. You are delaying my purchase more and more PD.

Seriously, that broke the immersion so hard.

It DESTROYED the immersion in that race, I suddenly get the feeling this game was made for casual mouthbreathers. At least give me an option to disable it!

Career. Novice league, tell me it disappears after please.

Never had it happen to me. The only time I saw it happen was the first night when we had people over and my friend and I's girlfriends were driving through the grass on Silverstone for quite some time.

Maybe it's tied to some assist setting or something, or do you have everything off?

Never had it happen to me. The only time I saw it happen was the first night when we had people over and my friend and I's girlfriends were driving through the grass on Silverstone for quite some time.

Maybe it's tied to some assist setting or something, or do you have everything off?

All off except for the adjacent car warning.

raphanum

Could somebody, please, explain to me why the engine sounds in GT6 sound like raw, unedited effects from a synthesiser? I'm loving the gameplay, but the sounds.. can't get over it.

Top Bottom