• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Korezo

As somebody stated earlier, they will likely simply lock your save game to the current version of the game; your save simply won't work with version 1.0 anymore.

They will probably just make the concept cars worth 20Mil credits to buy. This is probably the best fix. Gift each car once then require 20mil credits for a purchase, that way it will defeat the purpose of the glitch.

That is what the patch (1.01) did/does. The thing is you sell the car with v1.00 of the game so that will not do any good. The only part of the exploit that requires 1.01 is the buying of the car (it is not available in 1.00). Thus that step of the process is the only one PD can hope to eliminate.

Wouldn't a simple fix would be to make newer version of the save format incompatible with the old one.? I'm not sure what happened if you tried loading GT5 with a spec 2 save..

h3ro

Heads up to UK-GAF. The Adrenaline Pack is free for those on O2 via the O2 Priority App.

Pack consists of:
The Cizeta
SLS GT3
Focus ST
Cobra Daytona Coupe
GT86

Full credit to GTPlanet.

Is anyone else having trouble with personal soundtracks? Seems like every time I go into a race it plays music from the game until I restart, then it plays my song but always just the same song and not the whole folder even though I have it set to shuffle (or so I thought.)

Emwitus

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/adaptive-tessellation-is-real.292326/

This thread by bashfulboson on GTplanet shows an example of GT6 Adaptive tessellation in action.

Video he posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qJQw-_k6s

Pic by Turismo10:
wyof.jpg

Is anyone else having trouble with personal soundtracks? Seems like every time I go into a race it plays music from the game until I restart, then it plays my song but always just the same song and not the whole folder even though I have it set to shuffle (or so I thought.)
Yes, it seems quite random at times. Menu music generaly works but not always race.

Isn't there somewhere to view the included music in the game? In GT5 could'nt we pick and choose what music to listen to?

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/adaptive-tessellation-is-real.292326/

This thread by bashfulboson on GTplanet shows an example of GT6 Adaptive tessellation in action.

Video he posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qJQw-_k6s

Pic by Turismo10:
wyof.jpg
Interesting. From the pics it just looks like two different LODs, but in the video the way it morphs smoothly from one to the other is not something I've seen before.

People didn't believe me about it. They just don't want to admit the ps3 can do real time tessellation.
Did you reveal it to the world or something?

People didn't believe me about it. They just don't want to admit the ps3 can do real time tessellation.
Real-time seems pretty slow though.

So this is only used in photomode? At the speed shown in the YouTube it wouldn't be any use during races or replays. Or is the YouTube purposefully slowed to show the effect?

Interesting. From the pics it just looks like two different LODs, but in the video the way it morphs smoothly from one to the other is not something I've seen before.

Did you reveal it to the world or something?
...huh? It was a thread about hardware feature sets. I said the Cell can do tessellation and people were like "nuh uh" even though we say PD say it was adaptive (implying real time). Now we have proof. They eat crow.

So this is only used in photomode? At the speed shown in the YouTube it wouldn't be any use during races or replays. Or is the YouTube purposefully slowed to show the effect?

Guy that made the thread said if you go at an angle, it won't adapt as fast. But if you look at it head on, it'll go quickly. Not sure how valid that is... but.. considering LOD's are basically gone (except for basic race model and high end model) it makes sense that it would work in race too.

I wonder how much it is costing Sony in bandwidth for the thousands of people probably redownloading the 1.2gb patch over and over to get the Cr. exploit?

ElFly

I wonder how much it is costing Sony in bandwidth for the thousands of people probably redownloading the 1.2gb patch over and over to get the Cr. exploit?

Let's say GT6 sold 10 million copies at launch.

That's 12 millions of GBs.

Using the transfer rates of Amazon S3 as a guideline

Next 350 TB / month $0.050 per GB

Like $600000?

Hard to say how much bandwidth costs to Sony.

Probably a p high ceiling given I used approximate LTD for GT5. But then again, given the way patches work in the PS3, all buyers will have to download it anyway.

Emwitus

The poster also said this,
it's instantaneous
I used some trick to confuse the system so it won't change as quick as it should be
So it looks like it's instantaneous

Drop in the water compared to people getting PS4 games from PSN.

Well a purchase of a game and the download should likely account for the cost. This is assuming the re downloading of this patch, which generates no revenue for Sony, and is technically robbing them of the microtransaction revenue, would be different than routine PSN purchases. I doubt it costs much for them, but it is funny that this time around the trick to getting cars involves a 1.2GB download over and over. GT5 we were all making PSN accounts.

Well a purchase of a game and the download should likely account for the cost. This is assuming the re downloading of this patch, which generates no revenue for Sony, and is technically robbing them of the microtransaction revenue, would be different than routine PSN purchases. I doubt it costs much for them, but it is funny that this time around the trick to getting cars involves a 1.2GB download over and over. GT5 we were all making PSN accounts.

That is true, im guessing they wont even notice a drastic increase, they probably think they are just selling more copies of the game lol.

Anyway, PD should have just let us Gift Cars again, who cares if some people exploit it, having a garage full of cars doesnt mean you will break the online or something, if people want to ruin the progression, so be it.

It still baffles me they have a 20,000,000 cr. cap and several cars that cost 20,000,000 in the game. What happens if someone buys a shit load of micros? Do the excess credits just go into thin air?

Edit: Ahhh, only those going down to 1.00 get the 20 million cap. Looks like it is 50 million in 1.01. Still, why not higher? I want to be a fucking slum lord Iike I was back in GT2.

Man, I really miss the car gifting. Remember when everyone was passing around that one pick up truck like a two bit hooker? Ahhh, the good ol' days.

l2ounD

started playing last night!

love the way they handle the licenses now with racing your friends list ghost lines. Super cool and made them fun to do.

Oh yeah, good call.

PSN: gutterboy44

I need more license lines!

Edit: If possible, please include your NeoGAF username in the friend request. Helps me keep track of who's who. I need to find the old NGRL spreadsheet.

The Jason

Finally got my Anniversary version yesterday.

So far I like it. I'm glad they don't have used cars anymore. And the menu is much faster now, but it still takes too long to enter and start a race...

I drove the 10 minute race on Brand Hatch in the Evo VI T.M. Edition (prize car), and it was a really cool race. It took me 8 minutes to get into first position, and had to push hard to stay there. One if the first regular races where I really felt I had to race the AI.

Trying the All Stars Championship and hey, what do you know, a standing, grid start. :)

EDIT: Huh, not. Disappointing.

FrankWza

Still not fully installed from disc. I don't understand this installation process at all. I reload maps I've already played and disc spins like it did the first time I accessed it so it can't be install as you play.anyone fully installed yet and if so how many game hours in your stats?

nasanu

Banned
The honorable thing to do would be to admit defeat, remove the microtransactions, boost all in game rewards by a factor of five, bring back login bonuses and make online races yield very high payout to encourage people to play online more.

Huh? Why?

GT6 hands out money too generously as it is. Rare cars should be... Rare.

You guys are just crazy. You (speaking generally about the posters here) even want login bonuses so you can be rewarded for your incredible skill of pressing a button to launch the game. Where is my platinum trophy for turning on the wipers?

Dead Man

Yes the FFB strength changes between cars. The biggest jump in resistance change is when you go from an road car to the X2010, Formula GT car or the Ferrari F1. The most important thing about FFB is that it communicates a lot about what your car is doing in game. The XB1 rumble triggers sound like they are a nice half step between a regular controller and a FFB wheel.

Note: I include the relationship of the transmission to the engine in terms of off-power engine braking, etc, in the general discussion here of "transmissions." I think the term "Powertrain" or "Drivetrain" might work too since that is the entire system that delivers power from the engine to the wheels, but whatever.

Anyone who has driven an automatic car and a manual car instantly notices the difference in how the manual car behaves when you let off the gas in first or second gear compared to automatic. With the AT, you lift and get a nice smooth coast, with the MT, in first or second gear, even at low speeds, you will get a good jolt of engine braking. Supposedly,an F1 car's engine braking edit: combined with the aero dynamic drag is the equivalent of a high end sports car under full braking load!

In GT games, the same way all of the up shifts are perfectly seamless F1 style shifts no matter what car you are driving, the down shifts behave the same way. Very minimal engine braking happens, super quick down shifts that never disrupt the car, even when you over down shift and smash the rev limiter. The down shifts all generally sound and feel exactly the same across wildly different spec cars.

All of this adds or detracts to the "weight" and total feel of a car. A stock Miata gear box should not feel or sound the same as a 787B. In some "other" sim I play, the lower end RWD cars, like the Miata that don't have the super beefy racing-grade brake rotors and pads, engine braking is a huge part of slowing down. With proper down shifting, you are getting some additional braking at the rear tires (obviously engine braking can only effect the wheels the engine is connected to), which tend to have smaller rear brake rotors. If you go into a corner at 100mph and hold down the clutch or go into neutral, and perfectly threshold brake, and then do the same with proper down shifting, you will substantially shorten your braking distance. If you watch a lot of the "alien" hot laps across several different racing sims, you will notice a lot of them aggressively downshift or dump shift and really squeeze every last bit of the engine braking out of the car since A) you don't care if you blow the engine because it is a game so every .001 of a second is worth the risk and B) not every game models/allows you to blow out your engine or transmission, so go nuts!

I just think that GT is getting the tire and suspension models to a point where they just need a lot of fine tuning for the next installment, (opposed to a massive overhaul like sound fx and AI) and the next area they really should focus on is the feel, behavior, and sound of different transmissions/drivetrains.

For a quick and dirty comparison. Watch the two videos below. Now I know the 787B and the Miata in GT5 and 6 don't sound "identical" but as you will see in the linked videos, they are certainly know where near as different in game as their real life counterparts. Take note of how each car sounds right after an upshift, when the driver is off the gas coasting into a corner, and of course how each car sounds with their respective downshifts and blips.

Miata at Limerock
787B at Le Mans
God I love the way the 787B sounds.

Amen brother.

Ah, got you now, I thought for a bit you were talking about engine braking generally. Yeah, the physics in GT have always been way too stable regarding anything but steering input (ridiculous jumps on some tracks aside), thanks for the great post and explanation :)

Solal will gladly give stastical data about percentage for endurances, go to GTPlanet and read zillion lines of text people bitching and crying about endurances, go to PS forums and read about classuits from Trophy whorers and Platinum hunters and you will see there is just no way we ca have a nice things.

On the other hand, I guess proper enduros will return once B-Spec is introduced.

:( Not holding my breath. My faith in PD and humanity is pretty low these days.

That is what the patch (1.01) did/does. The thing is you sell the car with v1.00 of the game so that will not do any good. The only part of the exploit that requires 1.01 is the buying of the car (it is not available in 1.00). Thus that step of the process is the only one PD can hope to eliminate.

Can they not link the save game data to the game data version so if you revert to an earlier game version the game save will not load?

Jesus.. just had a "next gen" moment. Highly recommended.

- International B
- Supercar festival
- Race 3 on Sarthe
- SRT Viper GTS
- cockpit view

The time of day transition on this level is godly enough alone, but the Sarthe roadside lights intermittently drench the interior of the Viper with light through the sunroof, and once the transition to night is complete, it's just absolutely incredible.

(Would have fucking won it too if an Enzo hadn't spun me out from behind) :mad:

nasanu

Banned
Edge is not averse to PC games - they listed GTR2 as 68th in their top 100 best games of all time in 2007 - a game that still has a more detailed physics engine than GT6.

On a fundamental level, there are a significant number of games that could be put forward as having equally impressive physics engines as GT6.

Are you joking? GTR2 is rubbish by todays standards. The suspension barely moves at all. A simulation has to nail the 4 models: tyre, suspension, powertrain and air. GT6 nails 2 of them (I am convinced the slipstream effect in GT6 is a little too strong, fix that and they nail 3 of 4), GTR2 nails none. At this stage Assetto Corsa can stand against GT6 having an equally impressing tyre and suspension model (well, when they fix their suspension model to stop the street cars rocking like a boat) but nothing else can (and short of project cars I have played everything).

ruttyboy

Still not fully installed from disc. I don't understand this installation process at all. I reload maps I've already played and disc spins like it did the first time I accessed it so it can't be install as you play.anyone fully installed yet and if so how many game hours in your stats?

Unless the cars are exactly the same it may need to install those too.

You have checked that you haven't turned off installation right?

FrankWza

Unless the cars are exactly the same it may need to install those too.

You have checked that you haven't turned off installation right?

Yeah...it's installing....just really slow. Also.. The install size is a lot smaller in the in game menu than in the ps3 game data utility which is weird

FrankWza

Anyone got any tips for golding Mission race B5?

I just silvered it and was 1/10 of a sec from gold.....so mad.There have been times where I was on pace for a gold and the rubber banding fucker will spin you out or initiate a collision dq. Just try to cut as many corners without a dq on those last few turns and watch out for the other car. Silvered it on my first try today and was beating my ghost by a large margin a few times only to be spun out or dq. Once on last turn. Would have finished in probably 2:17. GT6!!!!

FrankWza

Huh? Why?

GT6 hands out money too generously as it is. Rare cars should be... Rare.

You guys are just crazy. You (speaking generally about the posters here) even want login bonuses so you can be rewarded for your incredible skill of pressing a button to launch the game. Where is my platinum trophy for turning on the wipers?

If there was a trophy for turning on wipers GT6 and PD would try to sell you the wipers and fluid for $5....that's the issue.

OmegaDL50

Unless PD prevent players from buying the VGT, I do not see how this patch could be fixed. As long as the car is in your garage, you can always go back to 1.00 and do the exploit. They would have to suspend purchase of the car and given the promotional aspect of the car for MB, I doubt this will happen anytime soon. The only solution I can think of is you cannot buy the car in a future update, only test drive it.

At least it gives, would be hackers slightly less ammo to break open the game.

Somebody at PD QA is probably in the hot seat right now. I would hate to be "that guy" at the office.

Also, what is happening with NRL? We need to get this show on the road.

I think the most logical and immediate fix that PD is likely to do in a future update is tie the games current version number to the save file. Making it impossible to load a "newer version number save" on a older version of the game.

I know N1 did this with Disgaea 4 due to an exploit. So if other companies can tie save data to the games version, then I don't why PD couldn't also do the same.

Top Bottom