• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Mobius 1

How can you tell the difference between standard and premium cars? There There doesn't seem to be any obvious markers in tbe dealership

Premium cars will have the Gallery option available on the car screen.

Guys, I'm having my phat 60GB PS3 shutting down while playing this game. It happens only with GT6. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Try another graphically demanding game and see if it happens again. Otherwise, Kaz is trolling you.

How can you tell the difference between standard and premium cars? There There doesn't seem to be any obvious markers in tbe dealership

If it's viewable in gallery view, it's premium. Though cars like the new BMW are muddying the waters, in terms of features it seems closer to an upgraded standard.

PD needs a generic interior. the black shit is bullshit. Cant understand how the vision merc doesn't have one either and it was designed for the game. Really tacky.
Mercedes never designed one - we're lucky that we can drive it at all - it doesn't drive in real life. Jay Leno's video showed that it's at least a rolling chassis, and appears to operate with a radio control, presumably to help them move it around for press events.

Right. Exactly. So it's hitting the console's limits. It can't by definition go "beyond" them.
Semantics. I think it's reasonable to describe this is going 'beyond' the limit. If it was exactly hitting the limit of performance, it would do exactly 60fps. If it exceeded slightly, it would drop to 59fps, and the more it demands, the more it drops. It's certainly dropping way more than 1 frame. It hits the limit, and then some.

Mercedes never designed one - we're lucky that we can drive it at all - it doesn't drive in real life. Jay Leno's video showed that it's at least a rolling chassis, and appears to operate with a radio control, presumably to help them move it around for press events.
I'm amazed at how many people don't realize a lot of concept cars (especially ones that will probably never even have a full show model) don't have interiors.

chifanpoe

The F82 is glorious. Thank you BMW and GT6 for giving it to us as free DLC.

Read all the earlier hate on the new M4, drives and feels great here. The diff is perfect.

Comparing it to the two BMW cars I own/owned if feels like a great mix of the E46 M3 and the E90 335i(with LSD). Lighter weight nimbleness of the E46 but with the better pulling power and more flexible N54 twin turbo engine.

Just wish they got the MINI Cooper S (R56 07) corrected from GT5. Still listed as being too heavy and it does not have the factory LSD. (at least they have it)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'll ignore the rest of what you said because it is just silly, but what is wrong with the tyre model?

Personally I think that they reach core temperature too fast and its too easy to overheat them. But then I am happy to keep it this way because most races are only a few laps anyway and it adds another element to the driving. Perhaps they just need to couple that with the wear rate option.

But other than that (which many PC 'sims' dont even yet model), how is the tyre model stone age?

You think PC sims don't even simulate tyre temps?

Wow...

But anyway, GT6;

Tyre grades are nothing more than grip multipliers. A honda fit gets the same G force as a Jaguar XKR-S.

Temperature is poorly simulated, you go from normal to max temp back to normal in the space of a few seconds (i.e 1 or 2) which means it's just a canned effect.

Lack of torque steer. (canned FFB effects and road cambers =/= torque steer)

No sidewall flex.

Virtually no progression from grip to slip.

And that isn't even all of it.

On another note, if i were to propose the following test, what do you think would happen in the real world (and other simulators).

Park a high powered rear drive car half on the road, half off it. Floor it to get sustained wheel spin. What would happen?

So why can I, in National B, drive a Junior kart around Autumn Ring Mini, and yet when I try to drive a Junior kart around that track in single player/free run, it won't let me?

The Kart limitations make no sense. I want to drive the fucking shifter kart around the Ring.

Went around looking at all the track. As soon as there is weather, they won't allow the kart on it. However in the career mode, they ACTUALLY PUT YOU ON AUTUMN RING MINI, which has only 1 version, WHICH HAS WEATHER IN IT.

So they basically allow you to break their own limitations in the career, in set events. But you can never decide to do it yourself.

I WANT TO DRIVE THAT KART IN THE RAIN DAMMIT.

If it's viewable in gallery view, it's premium. Though cars like the new BMW are muddying the waters, in terms of features it seems closer to an upgraded standard.
There should be a good reason for this - I expect it's because it's such a new car (press photos only released today), that the interior wasn't finalised for PD to scan/photograph/do whatever they needed to do. If that's the case, I would assume it will be updated later.

There should be a good reason for this - I expect it's because it's such a new car (press photos only released today), that the interior wasn't finalised for PD to scan/photograph/do whatever they needed to do. If that's the case, I would assume it will be updated later.

If I remember correctly the old black mask GTR didn't have an interior when it was initially put into GT5 Prologue. I don't think that you could even select the interior view with it, you just had the classic GT views for it.

In the case of the Merc, I wasn't surprised that it didn't have an interior at launch because when Mercedes unveiled the car they only showed sketches of the interior. So that isn't finalized.

If I remember correctly the old black mask GTR didn't have an interior when it was initially put into GT5 Prologue. I don't think that you could even select the interior view with it, you just had the classic GT views for it.

In the case of the Merc, I wasn't surprised that it didn't have an interior at launch because when Mercedes unveiled the car they only showed sketches of the interior. So that isn't finalized.
Indeed. Perhaps in both cases we'll see updated interiors in the future. After all there is talk of the Merc being made with SLS running gear for real. :eek:

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just took my fully tuned Cobra R onto Eiger Nordwand K Trail. It was pretty funny. Nothing but spinning the tires at redline. I managed to get 4th somehow.

s2000

Neo Member
Just bought this game yesterday and I am hooked. 45% complete and the grind is starting to get exhausting. Going for all stars in IB now. What cars would you guys recommend for IB? In A class, I used the Ferrari BB 512 a lot, car is amazing.

Just bought this game yesterday and I am hooked. 45% complete and the grind is starting to get exhausting. Going for all stars in IB now. What cars would you guys recommend for IB? In A class, I used the Ferrari BB 512 a lot, car is amazing.

Whatever is just good enough to win while making you sweat. The game gets boring if you go through races with a car that will win handily.

Everyone who whinged like crazy about the Veyron in GT5, you happy now? You happy you can drive this insanely dull understeer-fest from a fully modeled interior? Whoooo that one was worth it wasn't it?

*currently driving a veryron in a 5 track series, instantly regrets car choice*

Megasoum

Banned
HOLY CRAP... I'm doing the National A championship where it's three races on Matterhorn... that second race (on Matterhorn Riffelsee).... That second turn is TERRIFYING lol... Doing it with the X-Bow, it's like a 45degree inclination version of Eau Rouge haha.

ghibli99

Everyone who whinged like crazy about the Veyron in GT5, you happy now? You happy you can drive this insanely dull understeer-fest from a fully modeled interior? Whoooo that one was worth it wasn't it?

My condolences. Veyron's terrible in Forza as well.

IISANDERII

And there are 2 Veyrons and they seem to be exactly the same bar the model year. Any real differences?

Mylene

just picked up the NSX Concept '13 and did a few laps around Willow Springs!

from driving the stock nsx and also 4wd cars the new nsx really does feel like a mix of the two. can turn using weight shifting while trail braking but then at the limit you can partial throttle causing the rear sit down to get more grip while adding power to front wheels to make the car turn.

http://youtu.be/OdSq6hO2aWg

CONUM4o.jpg

j5Ld3W4.jpg

And there are 2 Veyrons and they seem to be exactly the same bar the model year. Any real differences?

I've only had the displeasure of driving one so far. The one consolation was 210mph on the Bathurst back straight. That was pretty funny. I just wish the engine sound had more hrump and drama when I put my foot down on the straights.

from driving the stock nsx and also 4wd cars the new nsx really does feel like a mix of the two. can turn using weight shifting while trail braking but then at the limit you can partial throttle causing the rear sit down to get more grip while adding power to front wheels to make the car turn.

CONUM4o.jpg

j5Ld3W4.jpg

Wait, what?

Are they really turning the mighty NSX into an AWD car?

Please kill me now.

dubc35

I'm not too far into career mode but are there any races that take into account tire and fuel? I haven't seen any yet but like I said I'm not too far into it.

If only there was some system in which I could lend you mine.... if only.

https://www.paypal.com [edit, sorry just realized you meant lend the car not the moneys]

edit 2: Has anyone created the GT7 design thread? I was thinking it would be interesting to see the features in each GT since they have added/removed/re-added features. GT2 would at least have the lone 98.2% aka 100% complete check mark, lol

Gotta copy Audi with a Halo car to redefine the brand only to fail miserably in a couple of years because it's fucking Acura and sports cars are more or less dead in Japan.

Why not make a halo car to redefine the brand by making it a proper RWD mid-engine sports car like the original NSX was?

As you can probably tell. I loathe AWD cars.

I'm not too far into career mode but are there any races that take into account tire and fuel? I haven't seen any yet but like I said I'm not too far into it.

https://www.paypal.com [edit, sorry just realized you meant lend the car not the moneys]

edit 2: Has anyone created the GT7 design thread? I was thinking it would be interesting to see the features in each GT since they have added/removed/re-added features. GT2 would at least have the lone 98.2% aka 100% complete check mark, lol

I am just about to get into IA races and nothing has tire wear or fuel. I never understood why GT games have these turned off for all but endurance races. Such a wasted opportunity.

Edit: It would make sense to always have it on, even at the beginner races. You are in low power cars on comfort hard tires with shirt races. You would never burn them out so the time tire wear became a problem, you would already have progressed a bit into the game. Do any of the events have mandatory pit stops with tire wear time scaling ?

Why not make a halo car to redefine the brand by making it a proper RWD mid-engine sports car like the original NSX was?

As you can probably tell. I loathe AWD cars.

Because Acura uses the same design methodology as Audi where they build front-biased vehicles on a FWD platform and add AWD trims.

So this way, Acura will be able to tout some future-tech AWD system found on their supercar when you buy your next TSX or whatever.

Does anybody know what the status is regarding PS4 wheel support?

I want to buy a cheap wheel like the Ferrari GT Experience, or maybe even DFGT, but I want to know whether they're guaranteed to work on the PS4. I think I saw one of the Thrustmaster wheels are officially supported, but I honestly don't wanna spend more than $150 for a wheel.

If there's no PS4 support at all, are there any cheap wheels that work with GT6 for less than $75?

Melfice7

After playing for about 7h i can say the game is clean as hell in my plasma and its alot more stable than GT5 but to be fair only had 10 car races yet

dubc35

I am just about to get into IA races and nothing has tire wear or fuel. I never understood why GT games have these turned off for all but endurance races. Such a wasted opportunity.

Edit: It would make sense to always have it on, even at the beginner races. You are in low power cars on comfort hard tires with shirt races. You would never burn them out so the time tire wear became a problem, you would already have progressed a bit into the game. Do any of the events have mandatory pit stops with tire wear time scaling ?

It's like there is/was a checklist. Tire and fuel wear were on it. Both boxes were checked as complete...but are never implemented.

Ok... so I've been running laps on Bathurst, and I've finally had the pleasure of remembering why I purchased GT6.

sogood.gif

Hot damn if that track isn't an adrenalin rush as you descend the mountain. Ruf BTR is a handful in the low speed corners. Ear to ear smile.

Merc-Benz Vision glitch, sogood.gif x banderas.gif / wut.gif x rage.gif = mindblown.gif

CONUM4o.jpg

j5Ld3W4.jpg

This game looks so incredible, but sounds so bad. That track/landscape though, damn.

Emwitus

CONUM4o.jpg

j5Ld3W4.jpg
INCREDIBLE. Especially the time stamp i posted below. WOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OdSq6hO2aWg#t=309

Top Bottom