• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Korezo

If only there was some system in which I could lend you mine.... if only.

GT5 let players lend their cars and I forgot about that, GT6 had a community tab in version 1.0 which is probably like GT5 where everyone in your friends list had a profile and can put cars in a online garage to allow others the ability to use them. Why doesn't GT6 have that same car share feature...?And is the community tab from gt6 1.0 coming back?Why would PD have features in 1.0 like community and quick race and then remove them.. makes no sense.

Animal

Banned
GT5 let players lend their cars and I forgot about that, GT6 had a community tab in version 1.0 which is probably like GT5 where everyone in your friends list had a profile and can put cars in a online garage to allow others the ability to use them. Why doesn't GT6 have that same car share feature...?And is the community tab from gt6 1.0 coming back?Why would PD have features in 1.0 like community and quick race and then remove them.. makes no sense.

Most likely because a livery editor is in the works and they want to implement it before tackling car sharing. Pure speculation on my behalf.

nataku

God damnit UPS, it's been nearly a week.

12/11/2013 8:50 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
12/11/2013 1:16 A.M. Out For Delivery
12/10/2013 8:53 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
12/10/2013 12:34 A.M. Out For Delivery

What the hell does that even mean? I saw your damn truck leaving my apartment complex today.

amar212

Because those two particular "tabs" - Community and Quick Match (yum) - were 1.00 placeholders for features announced to be coming in later (apparently January) update days before release.

Shaneus

wow, the track being in a desert helps, but man does it look good, almost like real life footage. Awesome. too bad i won't be playing GT6 because lack of time and will skip it
I encountered my first race on that track really early on... blew me away how good it looked. Shame it hasn't really grabbed me much since (admittedly, not played THAT much) but still, standout track.

Putty

My only regret in selling my PS3 to make way for the PS4 was that I will never play this 8(. A PS4 version seems a long way off, but by god imagine what it will look like! Gut feeling tells me GT7 will be more than a simple GFX overhaul.

amar212

Just a question, is the stockyard still broken?

I am still trying to find an evidence is the Sotckyard *actually* broken or has it to do with the recent glitching-mania (where people are deleting their GameData from the console, probably removing Stockyard contents as well in the process).

Anyone knows?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am still trying to find an evidence is the Sotckyard *actually* broken or has it to do with the recent glitching-mania (where people are deleting their GameData from the console, probably removing Stockyard contents as well in the process).

Anyone knows?
Yeah, I don't know anything about it other than people mentioning it here and online... I'm just afraid to use it myself now, even though I don't actually know how the glitch deletes cars.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
On the home screen, I'm either hearing a popping sound in the music that has to either be a glitch, or a poor effect. PSN version.

benzy

Am I still the only one who hasn't noticed the so-called massive framerate dips? I notice the drops during the pre-race rolling start camera scenes, but during the actual race it looks pretty smooth for the most part. There is some tearing but not like in GT5 where it was basically constant tearing at the top of the screen.

Oh, and the new motion blur used in the replay bumper cam looks really really good, aside from the game being 30fps. Really adds a lot more to the sense of speed.

cdrd

Neo Member
The rubber banding is ruining the campaign for me. I just did the one-make BMW 1 series race. I started the race with the 135i with comfort softs to keep up the challenge. The first 2 cars were steadily pulling away from me at 1-2 seconds per split, building up an advantage of 17 seconds by the end of the 3rd lap. They start to slow down horribly on the 4th lap however, to the extent of 5-6 seconds per split. I overtake them easily at the start of lap 5 and all of a sudden they manage to keep up again. You'd only expect these things from a f2p iOS game...

I'm loving the tracks, cars and driving model so far though, but I'm not sure about GT6 being a great game. AI, sounds, damage modelling, the campaign and the online component (including netcode) need a drastic overhaul. The game is also way too easy in general.

Am I still the only one who hasn't noticed the so-called massive framerate dips? I notice the drops during the pre-race rolling start camera scenes, but during the actual race it looks pretty smooth for the most part. There is some tearing but not like in GT5 where it was basically constant tearing at the top of the screen.

Oh, and the new motion blur used in the replay bumper cam looks really really good, aside from the game being 30fps. Really adds a lot more to the sense of speed.

Yeah, I played for over 10 hours (mostly in cockpit view) and haven't noticed any slow down.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The sub-60fps was noticeable instantly on the very first tutorial lap they make you drive upon booting up the game.

TheRook

What resolution are you playing on? I'm on 1080p, the game game dips in frames while in cockpit view, it runs mostly in 60fps on the bumper cam.

In 720p it's alot smoother, cockpit is almost 60fps...but still has framerate drop on tracks like Barthrust or Nurburing Type V in a full 16 car grid.

If you race mostly in cockpit view, you'll get used to it and it'll seem like it hasn't dropped in frame rate however that is because the game is really consistent in that regard. Still, it's a general consensus that the game has frame rate drops on higher resolutions.

Went back to the first three Goodwood events and Gold'd them. Finally got my GT mindset back. I've been using the triggers for braking/accelerating but have no idea were my "real triggers" went and my fingers keep slipping off!

kerrak

Just starting the game, the tutorial on Bathurst showed clear frame drops in cockpit mode.
I switched to "flickering off" in the graphic options first thing. Frame drops where very noticeable and in many tracks/configurations. I saw reports of frame drops and assumed the game was poorly optimized.
Switched to "high detail" or something like that, and no more frame drops. Even in cockpit view in Bathurst, and me actively looking for them, i couldn't really tell. I suppose very sensitive people can detect it, but for me it's perfectly smooth.

edit: 1080p 52'' tv

Korezo

Yeah, I played for over 10 hours (mostly in cockpit view) and haven't noticed any slow down.

Yea, I played over 20 hours already in 1080p using cockpit, and I'm always switching to bumper cam occasionally to see if game feels better but they all feel the same. There was only one time I felt the fps drop badly but I forgot when it happend. Probably I'm use to the game already and should boot one of my pc sims and play for a while and go back to GT6 to recalibrate my brain.

Honey Bunny

Does anybody know what the status is regarding PS4 wheel support?

I want to buy a cheap wheel like the Ferrari GT Experience, or maybe even DFGT, but I want to know whether they're guaranteed to work on the PS4. I think I saw one of the Thrustmaster wheels are officially supported, but I honestly don't wanna spend more than $150 for a wheel.

If there's no PS4 support at all, are there any cheap wheels that work with GT6 for less than $75?

Follow this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658933

nasanu

Banned
You think PC sims don't even simulate tyre temps?

Wow...

But anyway, GT6;

Tyre grades are nothing more than grip multipliers. A honda fit gets the same G force as a Jaguar XKR-S.

Temperature is poorly simulated, you go from normal to max temp back to normal in the space of a few seconds (i.e 1 or 2) which means it's just a canned effect.

Lack of torque steer. (canned FFB effects and road cambers =/= torque steer)

No sidewall flex.

Virtually no progression from grip to slip.

And that isn't even all of it.

On another note, if i were to propose the following test, what do you think would happen in the real world (and other simulators).

Park a high powered rear drive car half on the road, half off it. Floor it to get sustained wheel spin. What would happen?

I was talking about them simulating overheating. I cant think of any PC sim that does it right.

And no, tyre temp does not go from max to normal is a few seconds. What you see is a flash over of surface temp, exactly like when you see the infrared F1 TV shots. When you spin up the wheels the tyres will flash red then in a few seconds return to normal. This is exactly how real world tyres behave.

And you are outright lying about no transition from grip to slip. Try iRacing for no transition. As for your test.. The same thing that happens in GT happens in real... The car turns. So?

It will be very interesting when project cars gets released. Actually no it wont' Because no matter what its physics engine is like, PC sim racers are going to say its unrealistic simply because it will be ported to console. This I can gurantee, PC sim racer blinkers are quite strong.

What resolution are you playing on? I'm on 1080p, the game game dips in frames while in cockpit view, it runs mostly in 60fps on the bumper cam.

In 720p it's alot smoother, cockpit is almost 60fps...but still has framerate drop on tracks like Barthrust or Nurburing Type V in a full 16 car grid.

If you race mostly in cockpit view, you'll get used to it and it'll seem like it hasn't dropped in frame rate however that is because the game is really consistent in that regard. Still, it's a general consensus that the game has frame rate drops on higher resolutions.

So it's a "stable" sub-60 fps, not random stuttering? That's probably why it's unnoticeable.

Must say this game is so much better than GT5, mainly because it is less 'serious' and the loading times and immediacy of the menus has been improved a lot!

My PS4 hardly gets played on because of this and GTA5.

Can't help but feel a port on PS4 would have appeased a lot of fans - even if it was just a minor improvement, say 60fps at all times and better trees!

EGOMON

I just finished Goodwood race event with Redbull X1 and boy did i jump form my seat screaming F*** YES! YES! YES!

lol it felt really good

How do you get the M4?

There's a seasonal that lets you win the car, when you gold it.

Did you want them to put a fake one in?

The M4 is a production car, isn't it? When the Corvette C7 was revealed for the first time, it was ready and 100% complete for GT5, including the interior.

e: They also could've waited until they finished the interior, before putting the car into the game. Same with the Benz.

e2: Here's the interior.

QHW0zoZ.jpg

Are you telling me that PD got an early look at the final model to put the car in the game, but they didn't get to look at the interior?

JamboGT

The M4 is debuting in January at the Detroit Motor Show then is going on sale in June. It isn't a production car yet and it is in GT before it has been shown officially to the public.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There's a seasonal that lets you win the car, when you gold it.

The M4 is a production car, isn't it? When the Corvette C7 was revealed for the first time, it was ready and 100% complete for GT5, including the interior.

e: They also could've waited until they finished the interior, before putting the car into the game. Same with the Benz.

e2: Here's the interior.

QHW0zoZ.jpg

Are you telling me that PD got an early look at the final model to put the car in the game, but they didn't get to look at the interior?

its pretty much a carbon copy of the current 3-series (or normal 4 series) interior, couldn't they have used that until they've tweaked it for M4 specifics (that hardly anyone will notice)? Surely better than nothing?

flashmouth

Neo Member
It would be great, if they'd just design one random interior and put this one into every standard car. They could use GT logos on the wheel or something like that, it doesn't have to be premium quality level, but it would make a big chunk of the car selection much more attractive.

The M4 is debuting in January at the Detroit Motor Show then is going on sale in June. It isn't a production car yet and it is in GT before it has been shown officially to the public.

But I thought BMW introduced the car yesterday?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bmw-m3-bmw-m4-coupe-revealed-2013-12-11
http://jalopnik.com/2014-bmw-m3-and-m4-this-is-them-1481018204

Again, this is not the concept they showed earlier.

It would be great, if they'd just design one random interior and put this one into every standard car. They could use GT logos on the wheel or something like that, it doesn't have to be premium quality level, but it would make a big chunk of the car selection much more attractive.

Wouldn't license restrictions prevent such a thing from happening? I'm sure Jaguar wouldn't want their car to have the same cockpit as some shoddy BMW.

It's possible they weren't allowed access to the interior but only the exterior until the reveal. Or the most likely scenario, they didn't model it in time. They just wanted to have the seasonal+car out at the same day as the reveal. I'm sure it'll be updated eventually.

Dead Man

Wouldn't license restrictions prevent such a thing from happening? I'm sure Jaguar wouldn't want their car to have the same cockpit as some shoddy BMW.
Already does in the standards, can't imagine a 3d generic interior would be worse, but maybe that's point? The black silhouette is so bad nobody could mistake it for the real design. Maybe.

its pretty much a carbon copy of the current 3-series (or normal 4 series) interior, couldn't they have used that until they've tweaked it for M4 specifics (that hardly anyone will notice)? Surely better than nothing?
lol what the hell is wrong with you? the bimmer freaks will notice and raise hell. not worth it.

just relax.

JamboGT

But I thought BMW introduced the car yesterday?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bmw-m3-bmw-m4-coupe-revealed-2013-12-11
http://jalopnik.com/2014-bmw-m3-and-m4-this-is-them-1481018204

Again, this is not the concept they showed earlier.

I think they sent out images in press releases but the car hasn't been presented yet.

Top Bottom