• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I like the driving, but holy man, the sound of the car from cockpit view is disconcerting. Why does my 600 hp Mclaren sound like a vaccuum cleaner, shit isnt right.
Graphics are good for a PS3 game and the replays look like PS4 shit. But man, the sound of the cars combined with the annoying tyre squeel? That will take some getting used to. Hopefully the tough reviews lead to PD getting a clue about sound in their next game.

Tried 720p again last night but I can't stomach it. It just looks so bad.

I don't know if this is a change in the FFB settings or physics, or they didn't update the FFB along with the physics, but I feel like when saving a car from oversteer it is super easy to over correct. I don't ever feel the tires re griping, they just snap in the opposite direction. I just now know that it does this so I correct the correction before I feel any feedback of from the wheel indicating the weight is shifting. I feel like GT is less wheel friendly than ever. Something is missing in the FFB. Logitech G27 here. Anyone else feel like the FFB is not matching the improved physics correctly? The game is soooooo much easier to slide/drift with the controller and it has nothing to do with being able to go from lock to lock faster, the car behaves differently.. very strange.

Edit: To clarify with the wheel v. controller thing. I noticed this while driving the Veyron because I had to coast through so many corners so slowly waiting to put the power down, but I have confirmed the same behavior in the other cars I have used since Wednesday night. So, I notice the car finally kicks in a little TTO (trailing throttle oversteer) and allows rotation of the car in corner entry when using the wheel, but this TTO kicks in like 1-3 seconds after letting go of the throttle. I am holding the wheel constant, but there is just some arbitrary moment where the rear finally decides to rotate when I am not touching any pedals. When I switched over to controller, I felt like I could get this TTO rotation nearly instantly (where it should happen right as you lift off the accelerator) when lifting while turning in. Using the wheel feels like I am controlling the physics on delay. I need to test this more but there is something funky going on with the wheel and new physics. Maybe when using the controller I am not getting some sort of false positive FFB input related to my cars current cornering load and grip. The FFB seems more vague in general.

Hey, gutterboy. Go to Options, Display settings, then turn Image Quality to "flicker reduction."

It turns off one of the AA's, so you get more aliasing, but because you turn it off, it bumps the frame rate up.

Going to "sharpen" will employ a better AA but yield lower frames.

Im so fucking perturbed by the sound in this game, but driving the Green Hell for the first time, I can almost forget about the things that annoy me. Nordschleife is so well rendered.

Hey, gutterboy. Go to Options, Display settings, then turn Image Quality to "flicker reduction."

It turns off one of the AA's, so you get more aliasing, but because you turn it off, it bumps the frame rate up.

Cool, thanks.

Gran Turismo 6 - Anniversary Edition

A special “Anniversary Edition” made to celebrate the game’s 15 years of successes and achievements. This version of the game comes in a shiny Steelbook case displaying an exclusive cover art, sheathed inside an elegant themed Sleeve. In addition to the physical exclusives, the Anniversary Edition will also contain a number of in-game bonuses in the form of 20 exclusive cars (each displaying a special “Anniversary Edition” livery), 1,000,000 in-game credits, custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom PSN avatars. Furthermore, if you pre-order the game from a participating retailer you will also receive 5 exclusive “Pre-order” vehicles not available anywhere else.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/preorder/

Why are people confused? Anniversary editiion is in a different packaging than standard, just like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and FFX were Limited editions free upgrades for people who reserved in GameStop. It's nothing new.

Well, because it is a bit confusing with all the different editions. It's essentially a store exclusive edition. It's like those EA free limited edition upgrade or Day One edition on Xbox One for those that buy early copies but only at one store. And I am piss that we didn't get steelbook case in the US. : / (Or the real limited edition that available in Asia, but I can understand why, my local Fred still have several GT5 limited edition).

I finally get around to play GT6 and it is an improvement over GT5. Coming from Forza 5 though, the sound in GT6 is really a huge disappointment. I am half tempted to turn the BGM back on. And as enjoyable as Xbox One Controller to "drive", I sure miss using the wheel.

I don't know if this is a change in the FFB settings or physics, or they didn't update the FFB along with the physics, but I feel like when saving a car from oversteer it is super easy to over correct. I don't ever feel the tires re griping, they just snap in the opposite direction. I just now know that it does this so I correct the correction before I feel any feedback of from the wheel indicating the weight is shifting. I feel like GT is less wheel friendly than ever. Something is missing in the FFB. Logitech G27 here. Anyone else feel like the FFB is not matching the improved physics correctly? The game is soooooo much easier to slide/drift with the controller and it has nothing to do with being able to go from lock to lock faster, the car behaves differently.. very strange.

Edit: To clarify with the wheel v. controller thing. I noticed this while driving the Veyron because I had to coast through so many corners so slowly waiting to put the power down, but I have confirmed the same behavior in the other cars I have used since Wednesday night. So, I notice the car finally kicks in a little TTO (trailing throttle oversteer) and allows rotation of the car in corner entry when using the wheel, but this TTO kicks in like 1-3 seconds after letting go of the throttle. I am holding the wheel constant, but there is just some arbitrary moment where the rear finally decides to rotate when I am not touching any pedals. When I switched over to controller, I felt like I could get this TTO rotation nearly instantly (where it should happen right as you lift off the accelerator) when lifting while turning in. Using the wheel feels like I am controlling the physics on delay. I need to test this more but there is something funky going on with the wheel and new physics. Maybe when using the controller I am not getting some sort of false positive FFB input related to my cars current cornering load and grip. The FFB seems more vague in general.
Overcorrecting is often a consequence of input lag, which you seem to be describing here. It certainly has some input lag, but seems comparable to GT5 for me. It's possible that the improved physics is just highlighting the lag more, as the cars are harder to recover/less forgiving. However you also notice a big discrepancy between wheel and gamepad, so there may be something else going on here. I haven't really played much with gamepad, will try it later and report back.

Melfice7

You mean the list on the right of the screen when you race? I disabled it myself...

It's in the quick options when you press start while racing.

All i can change is if it displays the names or the car, no option to turn it off

edit: nevermind found it :p

kiyomi

nice,,., GT6 is taking to much playtime away from me.. arghhh me PS4 is crying..and my wife is going to kill me if I don´t start using it soon..

Sounds like a good problem to have. (GT6 eating into your PS4 play time, not your wife killing you.)

Overcorrecting is often a consequence of input lag, which you seem to be describing here. It certainly has some input lag, but seems comparable to GT5 for me. It's possible that the improved physics is just highlighting the lag more, as the cars are harder to recover/less forgiving. However you also notice a big discrepancy between wheel and gamepad, so there may be something else going on here. I haven't really played much with gamepad, will try it later and report back.

I think lag could account for a lot of the symptoms I am describing. I know fuck all about the systems involved in CPU processing, but could it be possible that FFB got a lower CPU "priority" and the same exact USB wheels are getting a larger delay than in previous titles? It could just be the new tire model too, it might make that lag all the worse. Just odd how It feels ok with a controller. I think it might have to do with how the game handles auto centering with controller input. When you snap off the analog sticks and allow it to snap to center, that is a very fast input into the steering rack, the game seems to smooth out the rapid inputs you can make with the controller somewhere along the line before it hits the wheels on the pavement. Perhaps why it feels easier to drive with controller regarding the snap oversteer and sliding/drifting is that built in "smoothing." This could also all be my brain slowly reprogramming to GT FFB inputs to overwrite my current iRacing brain "programming." Normally it only takes a dozen laps for me to get back into the feel of a sim though.

What kind of fix options do you want? It seems you want visual damage, but then that you dont want visual damage. Do you want them to tell you that you need to fix specific parts of the car? Like every part number or something like that?

It seems that damage is only carried over for race cars, at least those people are complaining that they have to fix their cars after "only few crashes" and how they dont want to do that.

As to the rental, i dont get it?... what do you expect to happen in next patch? It will still be the same game with few more features, and it already has billion features. It wont drastically change anything... so if you are not having fun now, I dont see how will you have more when next month or next year. Will ability to put decals make base game more fun?

i checked body parts for Lancia that i played mostly with and they had many different wheels and 4 different spoilers and thats it. Not sure what it was before or what else could there be. For performance tuning, they have plenty of options, not sure how it compares to before.

I want visual and mechanical damage on the cars I buy and race with. I want every dent, every scratch, every broken suspension or transmission to be present in the next race, until I finally get around to fix it. GT5 actually had a decent mechanical damage model for the Arcade and Online mode (it was patched in later) and I hoped they'd carry it over to GT6 and include it in the career mode as well. Instead they scraped it altogether and don't even offer a different solution. Why would I expect them to do that? Because sequels usually build and improve upon their predecessors.

And I call those cars rental cars, because it's my hyperbolic take on amar's "car ownership in GT" philosophy. You can modify the car only to a certain degree, but not all the way. You can race like a reckless idiot, but there are no consequences.

While it's great that they improved the rim selection and also let us use them on standard cars now, I was really hoping for way more body parts and body kits. Kind of like some of the SEMA cars look in the game, although not as ridiculous. There are manufacturers of body parts for cars or even whole bodykits and when they announced the bigger focus on selectable car parts, I was hoping that PD would include those as well.

e: I really like the game, but I'm just as annoying by the lack of the things I mentioned. When that screen was shown, I was really hyped for that.

Does the B mission with the GTR fuckign cheat or is it just me? It rams me off the road on the same straight each time. Combined with the rubber band AI makes this game less fun for me than GT5. Im not feeling it as much as I was hoping.

Perhaps why it feels easier to drive with controller regarding the snap oversteer and sliding/drifting is that built in "smoothing."
Yeah, there is a bunch of input filtering for gamepad, whereas the wheel should be more direct... but you described a trailing throttle responding faster on gamepad, which seems like the opposite of what should be happening.

Does the B mission with the GTR fuckign cheat or is it just me? It rams me off the road on the same straight each time. Combined with the rubber band AI makes this game less fun for me than GT5. Im not feeling it as much as I was hoping.

If it hits you, you're not fast enough.

Yeah, there is a bunch of input filtering for gamepad, whereas the wheel should be more direct... but you described a trailing throttle responding faster on gamepad, which seems like the opposite of what should be happening.

Right, the smoothing/filtering seems to only be on the steering inputs, not throttle. I can snap off my gas pedal just as fast as snapping off a trigger or button. My guess is the TTO issue is there regardless of controller or wheel, and I am having more difficulty enducing it with the wheel, maybe I don't have as much lateral load as I thought, maybe my turn in is more aggressive with the controller. The one weird aspect that really sticks out is when just coasting around a corner, with my wheel at a set turning radius and the car has this distinct moment of snapping lose independent of any throttle input, road bump, or gear shift. It just "turns on" the slide and I can't figure out what is happening at that moment that allows this. I want that slide as I am entering the corner, to have the car rotatable. Maybe I just need to dive in to the tuning. All the cars seem set for corner entry understeer but I feel like GT has been that way for ages.

Edit: It could even be something as simple as the front tires cooling down to the ideal grip level allowing it to pull in that extra bit of cornering which feels like TTO. I didn't even think of that at first. The tire cooling and heating seems to be on a x100 time scale, assuming the colors reflect warm, ideal, over heating, and fried. You can go between ideal and fried and back again two times in the same corner.

nib95

Banned

This is the most worrying thing I've been reading, and was one of my main complaints about Forza's AI. Cars doing straight police manoeuvre tactics on you. If it's been intentionally or unintentionally employed in GT6...its going to rustle my feathers...

WarMacheen

This video is relative to my interests, and probably most of you too. While it isn't GT6, I thought it would fit in the thread.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motoringvideo/10505580/McLaren-P1-versus-the-Nurburgring.html

GT6 sound has a looooong way to go

This is the most worrying thing I've been reading, and was one of my main complaints about Forza's AI. Cars doing straight police manoeuvre tactics on you. If it's been intentionally or unintentionally employed in GT6...its going to rustle my feathers...

I've been hit in the rear and spun out several times. It does happen, and it feels like an unintentional pit maneuver. The AI just isn't smart enough to quickly react when you slow down or you are in their lane.

I've yet to be 'rammed off the road' on a straight by the AI, despite almost always driving against much faster cars. I've found them to be very good at watching where you place your car as they approach from behind at much faster speed - they make clean passes on straights very comfortably as long as you're not weaving about like madman. If I move across to block them at the last minute, they will bump into the back of me and then usually back off, but I've always been to blame for that.

However I have had instances of the AI spinning me out on the last few corners of a race - always much faster cars who I've aggressively outbraked - they can sometimes just go blazing up the inside as you're turning in and spin you out. But in these cases I've always thought 'fair enough', as my car really shouldn't have been able to get past them in the first place.

I posted Valdudes' video earlier - watch it from about 8 minutes onwards for some close, fun AI battling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj7vgXOlMKk

Korezo

I've yet to be 'rammed off the road' on a straight by the AI, despite almost always driving against much faster cars. I've found them to be very good at watching where you place your car as they approach from behind at much faster speed - they make clean passes on straights very comfortably as long as you're not weaving about like madman. If I move across to block them at the last minute, they will bump into the back of me and then usually back off, but I've always been to blame for that.

However I have had instances of the AI spinning me out on the last few corners of a race - always much faster cars who I've aggressively outbraked - they can sometimes just go blazing up the inside as you're turning in and spin you out. But in these cases I've always thought 'fair enough', as my car really shouldn't have been able to get past them in the first place.

I posted Valdudes' video earlier - watch it from about 8 minutes onwards for some close, fun AI battling.

It's pretty bad when everytime I reach 1st I have to change my driving style because of the AI in second place. I always have to look at my rear and turn much wider or just let them pass because I've been spun out countless times when I'm not driving a over powered car. I struggled in the IB historic car event for hours because of this, I had to worry about the terrible handling of cars and then the terrible AI.

Once I learnt that they are too tentative on entry and too aggressive on exit, I've not had many problems tbh. All part of the fun for me. It's something they might be able to improve in an update, although I dread to think how complicated it is to write an AI system that works for such a vast range of vehicles.

Dibbz

It was actually snaking and tailing him the entire time, looking for opportunities to overtake.

I was worried that the AI was going to be like GT5 where once you're alongside them they slow down a shit load and just back off. So good to see the AI can pass and put pressure on you.

I don't get it. Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy. That video perfectly highlights how garbage the AI is. It can only pass on one of the longest, more wide straightaways in the game with the car that has more straight line speed. At 10:31 you see it taking a completely wrong racing line, certainly not a defensive one, it doesn't yield the corner to the player once he is inside, and just sits there and grinds against the players car, stuck to its rails, not reacting to the situation at all. 11:30 mark is even worse. Clearly past the AI going into the corner, AI rams into the back of the car at turn in, completely oblivious to the players car. Player gives the AI a ton of room through the Porsche S's and then the AI takes a typically garbage racing line through the penultimate chicane.

The AI is not good in GT games. It is not better than GT5 and it has some new behaviors that are far worse than have ever been present in a GT game. But I am sure we will have plenty of youtube videos that cherry pick specific scenarios demonstating the rare moments where the AI isn't a bag of shit on wheels. The ol' thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters expression comes to mind.

PS- that video commentator is so annoying. Good ol' PD apologists at its best.

I was worried that the AI was going to be like GT5 where once you're alongside them they slow down a shit load and just back off. So good to see the AI can pass and put pressure on you.

Nah, now they just hit you, PIT you or ram you from behind. AI wants revenge for all the times players rammed them.

The visuals in this game have really grown on me. Cockpit view with the HUD disabled just blows my mind every time I boot up a race. I love the new tracks. Helps that I'm not a framerate whore either, as I don't mind the unstable 60fps.

Also, disabling the rock tracks on the soundtrack actually yields a pretty good set of tunes (depending on your leverage with electronic).

The visuals in this game have really grown on me. Cockpit view with the HUD disabled just blows my mind every time I boot up a race. I love the new tracks. Helps that I'm not a framerate whore either, as I don't mind the unstable 60fps.

Also, disabling the rock tracks on the soundtrack actually yields a pretty good set of tunes (depending on your leverage with electronic).

You can turn off specific tracks in the playlist!! How?! There are some I kind of like and others that make me want to drink motor oil.

You can turn off specific tracks in the playlist!! How?! There are some I kind of like and others that make me want to drink motor oil.

Yeah man - as usual it's tucked away behind obtuse UI.

It's in the Gallery section (because.. obviously, right?) - go to music, playlists and race BGM. You can enable or disable all specific tracks, or entire genres at a time. Hugely increases the enjoyment of racing with music enabled, given the custom soundtracks is kind of borked.

jonnyp

I can't believe racing games in 2013 still use rubber banding. I fucking hate that shit.

Yeah man - as usual it's tucked away behind obtuse UI.

It's in the Gallery section (because.. obviously, right?) - go to music, playlists and race BGM. You can enable or disable all specific tracks, or entire genres at a time. Hugely increases the enjoyment of racing with music enabled, given the custom soundtracks is kind of borked.

Holy shit, thanks. Lol, Gallery, of course, how could I have been so stupid! I don't like custom sound tracks for menu music because hearing the same start to a song with lyrics is just as annoying as hearing bad menu music. FIFA comes to mind with that one. Some of those tracks are burned into my brain. I always disable BGM while racing.

The music in GT6 is the worst. Absolutely boring, bland and forgettable. There's not one track I remember or make m feel bad for restarting the session, because it would skip the track.

Just took a quick glance over at some gtplanet threads. Glad I am not the only one noticing how insanely quick tires go between ideal grip to over-heated zero grip with any aggressive slip angle or wheel spin. They need to decrease the rate of heating or reduce how much the grip falls off when it goes to orange and red. The tire temps move around so fast, it is so ridiculous if that color chart is implying the average temperature across the entire width of the tire.

Just took a quick glance over at some gtplanet threads. Glad I am not the only one noticing how insanely quick tires go between ideal grip to over-heated zero grip with any aggressive slip angle or wheel spin. They need to decrease the rate of heating or reduce how much the grip falls off when it goes to orange and red. The tire temps move around so fast, it is so ridiculous if that color chart is implying the average temperature across the entire width of the tire.

I always took the red tire as "you done spun the tire" and not an actual temperature.

I was worried that the AI was going to be like GT5 where once you're alongside them they slow down a shit load and just back off.
Unfortunately there is still plenty of that.

I don't get it. Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy. That video perfectly highlights how garbage the AI is. It can only pass on one of the longest, more wide straightaways in the game with the car that has more straight line speed. At 10:31 you see it taking a completely wrong racing line, certainly not a defensive one, it doesn't yield the corner to the player once he is inside, and just sits there and grinds against the players car, stuck to its rails, not reacting to the situation at all. 11:30 mark is even worse. Clearly past the AI going into the corner, AI rams into the back of the car at turn in, completely oblivious to the players car. Player gives the AI a ton of room through the Porsche S's and then the AI takes a typically garbage racing line through the penultimate chicane.
Alternatively, you could say that it makes a mistake at 10:31, and after that it's certainly not 'grinding against the player's car', it's an example of the AI not backing off that Dibbz was describing, which is a good thing. It then has the inside for the final part of the chicane. Seems entirely reasonable to me. When I've been side by side like this, I tried squeezing the AI a bit more and it has reacted and moved so that we don't touch. At 11:30, there is a slight touch, but hardly inexcusable considering the huge divebomb the player did from way back.

Yes, it takes garbage lines and struggles to make passes anywhere but on long straights, but the most important thing for me is that they rarely touch me if I drive sensibly, and they do react to movement when close behind or side by side. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying that it's not entirely broken like some people are describing. I'd go as far as saying that it seems like their priority is to avoid contact.

The problem is that we don't know (apart from nasanu, who apparently does) exactly what that represents, and it's a very vague visualisation. It is likely to involve surface temperature rather than core temperature as he suggested, which can fluctuate rapidly under situations like large slip angles and wheel spin. As an iRacing member you should be very familiar with this fast drop-off of grip over the limit... I don't find it to be as unforgiving here.

Yeah. Like grip loss. Its different in tire wear mode though

I haven't made it to a race with tire wear enabled, but the fall off of grip when the bar turns red, seems extreme. The colors definitely represent tire temperature which rises the more you slide your tired through aggressive cornering or burning out your tires. Just do a standing start with a RWD. You get tire spin instantly but the colors take a second to heat up to red. It is quick, but red doesn't simply represent loss of traction, it is supposed to be the temp and the loss of traction associated with over heated tires is likely why if feels like red means slippy tires.

MaDKaT

I finally golded that mission last night. Easily the worst offender for the AI I've come across so far. My replay of my gold lap was ridiculous. Passed him by the 3rd turn and was easily out pacing him on every corner and the moment you get to any sort of fast section he is right on my ass again. And every time, the straight leading to the turn before the chicane, he taps me. Enjoying the rest of the game but the AI for this mission needs to be tweaked.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Is this confirmed to be true??
I thought flicker reduction was just supposed to be turned on if you were to display the game in SD, while sharpen applied a post fx filter, has that changed from GT5? It'd be a big deal and a good compromise to avoid 720p and still have a more decent framerate on 1080p

Unfortunately there is still plenty of that.

Alternatively, you could say that it makes a mistake at 10:31, and after that it's certainly not 'grinding against the player's car', it's an example of the AI not backing off that Dibbz was describing, which is a good thing. It then has the inside for the final part of the chicane. Seems entirely reasonable to me. When I've been side by side like this, I tried squeezing the AI a bit more and it has reacted and moved so that we don't touch. At 11:30, there is a slight touch, but hardly inexcusable considering the huge divebomb the player did from way back.

Yes, it takes garbage lines and struggles to make passes anywhere but on long straights, but the most important thing for me is that they rarely touch me if I drive sensibly, and they do react to movement when close behind or side by side. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying that it's not entirely broken like some people are describing. I'd go as far as saying that it seems like their priority is to avoid contact.
I have been hit more times by the AI in the first 20 hours of GT6 than in the entirety of my time with GT5. The excessive rubber band AI sends them flying up your ass under braking and they still act as if you are invisible.

Going into Indianapolis in that video, the driver is ahead of the AI, as in it should easily "see him" and he still turns into them. The player had the corner, the AI still drives into him. This is the same PIT maneuver behavior I have been victim too several times.

The problem is that we don't know (apart form nasanu, who apparently does) exactly what that represents, and it's a very vague visualisation. It is likely to involve surface temperature rather than core temperature as he suggested, which can fluctuate rapidly under situations like large slip angles and wheel spin. As an iRacing member you should be very familiar with this fast drop-off of grip over the limit... I don't find it to be as unforgiving here.

Well, iRacing isn't unforgiving because the tires are overheating on every corner, it is mostly down to the more unforgiving TBO and TTO that imo is much more realistic. You are likely going to get those increased surface temperatures after you've already lost the car and begin sliding out of control, not because you were holding it and over heated the tires. GT is far too forgiving regarding TTO and TBO. I can be a complete slob with my pedal inputs with most cars to zero detriment of car balance. You have to be way smoother with your inputs in a lot of the higher level sims, including but not limited to iRacing. GT, it seems that you can over heat your tires in an instant, and dramatically reduce the available grip for a few moments afterward. Certain cars in iRacing you have to overdrive corner after corner for laps to over heat the tires to a point where you have a significant drop in available grip. In a 250hp AWD car with road tires, I can over heat all four tires in a single turn in GT6.

And like you said, this is the problem, it is this entire arbitrary system of heat and grip levels that are having a huge impact on the handling mechanics with very little data given to the players.

benzy

Valdudes has posted a very positive first impressions video, a refreshing perspective compared to the negativity in this thread:

His video also clearly demonstrates that the AI is not entirely broken if you drive well and clean like he can. A great battle towards the end.

The ai cars are shown to cast their own headlights onto the road in that vid. For all of the races i've played so far only my car casts headligts. Hmmm.

You can heat up your tires so much so that they'll stay red for a long time. Red just means "it's hot" it doesn't show how hot, which is stupid as hell. For example. If you do donuts for a minute and you let off, your tires will stay red for a long time.

One thing though, because it's set up like that, this detail doesn't make sense. If white is the "normal" heat tires, then white is also "cold" tires, with orange meaning hearing "hot" (whatever value they may be) and red being "smoke rubber erry day". Just do some donuts, and you'll notice your tires will smoke for several seconds after you're done doing donuts.

Anyway. It should be a gradient of Blue, white, yellow, orange to red.

Is this confirmed to be true??
I thought flicker reduction was just supposed to be turned on if you were to display the game in SD, while sharpen applied a post fx filter, has that changed from GT5? It'd be a big deal and a good compromise to avoid 720p and still have a more decent framerate on 1080p
I don't know how much more stable it makes it, I just now it looks more stable. I don't see as much tearing when I have that setting. It was my go to setting on GT5 as well.

You can heat up your tires so much so that they'll stay red for a long time. Red just means "it's hot" it doesn't show how hot, which is stupid as hell. For example. If you do donuts for a minute and you let off, your tires will stay red for a long time.

One thing though, because it's set up like that, this detail doesn't make sense. If white is the "normal" heat tires, then white is also "cold" tires, with orange meaning hearing "hot" (whatever value they may be) and red being "smoke rubber erry day". Just do some donuts, and you'll notice your tires will smoke for several seconds after you're done doing donuts.

Anyway. It should be a gradient of Blue, white, yellow, orange to red.

I don't know how much more stable it makes it, I just now it looks more stable. I don't see as much tearing when I have that setting. It was my go to setting on GT5 as well.

Exactly. If red is laying rubber, it is crazy that I can light up all of my tires to red just from leaning on a car heavily in one turn.. on road tires none the less. We aren't talking about one use qualifying slicks here. Pretty sure the operating temperature range of a road tire is quite large.... you know so you don't go off into a ditch when you pull out of your driveway or burn them out from a windy road at 65mph.

What ever GT considers "red" is also associated with a significant reduction of grip. It is very easy to get them to red.

Top Bottom