• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

What's the best event for grinding money?

First, learn how to do the Ascari trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Kb1V_3SQc

There are three events you can do it at:

International B, Tour of Europe. 31,200 Cr in about 30 seconds.
International A, World Circuit Tour. 43,570 Cr in about 40 seconds.
Super, Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge. 133,130 Cr in about 2-3 minutes.

This "trick" could be patched out any moment though. So far it hasn't.

Special Stage Route X. Lovely track. I should have paid attention to the details because I didn't expect it to be that long a course and have an incline like that. Maxxed out at 230mph in the 2011 Charger SRT. I'm going to try one of the faster complementary cars they give you now.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
First, learn how to do the Ascari trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Kb1V_3SQc

There are three events you can do it at:

International B, Tour of Europe. 31,200 Cr in about 30 seconds.
International A, World Circuit Tour. 43,570 Cr in about 40 seconds.
Super, Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge. 133,130 Cr in about 2-3 minutes.

This "trick" could be patched out any moment though. So far it hasn't.

Isn't there like a seasonal events in gt6? Those earn you way more money in gt5.

TTG

Just got the 0.01 trophy, not going for it at all. That historic racecar challenge is very competitive with the Anniversary Daytona Coupe if you leave it stock(I only swapped the gear box because with Le Mans gearing you can hit like 90 in first, not good). Nothing like pushing right against an AI at the finish line and yelling because it is about to spoil a half hour worth of retrying.

Isn't there like a seasonal events in gt6? Those earn you way more money in gt5.

There are a few Seasonal Events in GT6 already, but they don't pay out nearly as much as in GT5. Other than the "Delete 1.01 and sell your Vision GT for 20 million" thing, the Ascari trick is the fastest/easiest way to earn money.

inner-G

Banned
If anyone's on the fence about the money glitch, don't be.

Think about how long it would take to buy and upgrade all those cars... It's like unlocking the toy chest up front, you can then pick from all types of cars for the events. It was totally worth doing (twice) in my opinion.

TTG

Like I said earlier, the trickling in of credits is just so slow. I don't know if I'm biased because it's been years since they implemented a high reward system for seasonals in GT5 and I'm forgetting what the vanilla game was like. Or the fact that there are not NEARLY the same number of gift cars for GT6(if you tallied the amount of credits awarded through gift cars in GT5 my number would be somewhere north of 60 mil)... I can totally justify a 20 mil one time injection into your budget.

In their defense, all of the seasonal events so far are time trials which have never yielded a lot of cash. The next one might have a high reward that's multiplied by a performance bonus and it's business as usual, probably not though.

Man oh man Mount Panorama looks like one hell of a dragon to slay. Dem straights, dem high-speed bends, dem twisty climbs and twisty drops. Its all new to me but its fucking magnificent.

Now if only the framerate didn't drop during the esses. And thats just me as a solitary car doing a test drive at the default time of day. Makes me worry for what races will be like, at speed on those bends.

Also makes me want a loud muscle car to tackle it with.

Domstercool

Have any of you had any glitches? I had a weird one today when I was driving the Lancer Evolution X Rally Car on Spa, for the Turbo event in National A.

It's strange, as what it seems to be doing is freezing the cockpit view and sticking it in the behind view when you press to look through the car's back window. I recorded to show what I mean... so weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJAW9fwUrw

MisterM

It sometimes flicks to rear view briefly under heavy braking for me using a DS3. I'm not sure if its my controller though as my brake is set to L2, rear view L1. Maybe the pressure I'm putting on the pad is triggering L1 but I tried it when stationary and there's no flicker then no matter ho hard I squeeze so who knows...

So any possibility of the money glitch going away? I'd like to do do things on my own, at least for maybe the first 5 or 6 months I have the game and if I'm still behind on cars/credits then I'll have no issue with resorting to the money glitch. I just can't do it right away. I feel I would be short changing myself somewhat.

Domstercool

It sometimes flicks to rear view briefly under heavy braking for me using a DS3. I'm not sure if its my controller though as my brake is set to L2, rear view L1. Maybe the pressure I'm putting on the pad is triggering L1 but I tried it when stationary and there's no flicker then no matter ho hard I squeeze so who knows...

Ah, I don't mean that, though. I was changing the view myself, but I wondered why the driver's steering wheel and hands were in the back seat of the car. :D

TTG

Trying to do Goodwood 5-3 with a controller is just painful. Ugh.

That's the Red Bull, right? Turn the sensitivity on the steering up to 6 or so, you won't be able to keep up otherwise. For what it's worth, the first time you finish the event you'll clear the gold, unlike the good 'ol Vettel challenge in GT5. THAT was a bastard.

So any possibility of the money glitch going away? I'd like to do do things on my own, at least for maybe the first 5 or 6 months I have the game and if I'm still behind on cars/credits then I'll have no issue with resorting to the money glitch. I just can't do it right away. I feel I would be short changing myself somewhat.

I don't see how as long as the player can choose to not update when prompted. Can't patch out the bug on the disk if you refuse to patch. The penalty is that it will have to reinstall everything obviously, so you'll be stuck with the long loading times all over again.

Man oh man Mount Panorama looks like one hell of a dragon to slay. Dem straights, dem high-speed bends, dem twisty climbs and twisty drops. Its all new to me but its fucking magnificent.

Now if only the framerate didn't drop during the esses. And thats just me as a solitary car doing a test drive at the default time of day. Makes me worry for what races will be like, at speed on those bends.

Also makes me want a loud muscle car to tackle it with.

Is there a V8 Supercar or Touring Car race on the circuit as part of the single player? Thinking of picking up a used copy of GT6 if I can see it cheap. Was hugely disappointed with GT5 but Bathurst is really hard to resist.

Jezbollah

That's the Red Bull, right? Turn the sensitivity on the steering up to 6 or so, you won't be able to keep up otherwise. For what it's worth, the first time you finish the event you'll clear the gold, unlike the good 'ol Vettel challenge in GT5. THAT was a bastard.

Bronze isn't that hard... and bronze is all you need, unless you want the prize car.

Cheers.

After turning the steering sensitivity up, I got Gold (after about 50 attempts).

The premium cars really dont need an upgrade for GT7 on PS4, they do look rather sensational in the replays. There is much room for improvement with shadows, track textures, trees and the like, which shouldnt be a problem with the amount of memory PS4 has available.

Regarding the handling, I quite like how scary it is to brake hard from high speeds, the suspension travel is awesome.

EGOMON

I finished it without adjusting the sensitivity it took me a while to get a feel of the car handling then it was all good i even kept breaking my own record lol it was really rewarding finishing that challenge

Ted

I still am dumbfounded they chose to exclude shuffle racing. What the hell were they thinking and why didn't they tell us?

It's madness. And it seems like such an easy re-addition unless they are having trouble getting balanced lists but I can't imagine the revised handling giving too much of a hassle here, just split out some of the older vehicles from the new.

Yep. I drove the Audi R8 15th Anniversary GT car and at low speeds it spins out very easily when cornering. Even with Medium racing tyres. Only car I've had trouble with so far. Definately something up.

That car is a monster (I guess due to the high levels of aero grip) but it is far from undriveable, I'm a very average driver and am using it in the final IA championship (with the adjustable aero turned right up) on RH with some success.

The money glitch is impossible to do with the "free" mercedes you get, right?

It worked fine for me (digital copy on 2 PS3).

They could lock your save to GT6 version number n -n but it you are worried do the glitch and put all your ill-gotten cars in your stockyard and forget about them until the end of career. There have been a few reports of cars going missing but it hasn't happened to me....yet.

Jedi2016

As for patching out the money glitch, the easiest method would be to lock the save-game to the updated patch, so once you uninstall the patch to do the exploit, your game save won't load.

They might end up making some adjustments to the in-game economy to compensate for the lack of prize cars (that's where the disparity from previous games is coming from). They're also missing quite a bit of content already, things like Endurance races, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until the high-dollar races make an appearance.

I love how some of the cars have unique customization. With the Alfa MiTo, you can change the design of the grill and even the materials that detail the head and tail lights.

Yes, it's very limited, but I prefer it over what we've seen in other games. The aero parts in Forza are fucking hideous. The stuff you can get in GT6 makes the cars look like legit performance models.

I wish you could still apply a racing livery design like in ye olde GTs.

They'd be better making a proper designer. That feature in gt2 was similar to the racemod option, but on a huge number of cars instead of a handful. Is the racemod option still a thing in GT6? Has it been expanded on?

Have any of you had any glitches? I had a weird one today when I was driving the Lancer Evolution X Rally Car on Spa, for the Turbo event in National A.

It's strange, as what it seems to be doing is freezing the cockpit view and sticking it in the behind view when you press to look through the car's back window. I recorded to show what I mean... so weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJAW9fwUrw

Haha! I didn't notice the hands until you pointed it out, watched it on phone a few times wondering what you meant.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hooked my PS3 up again. Does this game allow you to go directly to the Dealership to buy RECOMMENDED CARS for each event you want to enter or not? If no, I will not buy this game.

Hunting for a competitive car in GT5 sucks ass with the menus.

Mobius 1

I hooked my PS3 up again. Does this game allow you to go directly to the Dealership to buy RECOMMENDED CARS for each event you want to enter or not? If no, I will not buy this game.

Hunting for a competitive car in GT5 sucks ass with the menus.

There is a Recommended Cars section, which presents them by category - National B, A, IB, IA, S, Rally, Le Mans, GT, Popular, Exotic, etc. Probably not too accurate as Im typing from memory, but it's there and its useful. It won't be specific to the event you selected – won't recommend a NA car for the NA Series – it will narrow down things a bit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There is a Recommended Cars section, which presents them by category - National B, A, IB, IA, S, Rally, Le Mans, GT, Popular, Exotic, etc. Probably not too accurate as Im typing from memory, but it's there and its useful. It won't be specific to the event you selected – won't recommend a NA car for the NA Series – it will narrow down things a bit.

Can you at least see every car? So you can look at the typical participants and then go directly to buy that car?

Mobius 1

Can you at least see every car? So you can look at the typical participants and then go directly to buy that car?

The Event screen will show you typical opponents, but there is no shortcut to go buy any of those cars. On the upside, if you choose to choose another car from that screen, you Garage will be filtered by Eligible Cars.

h3ro

Yeah, if you go to the race information, you can see the typical cars in the race. You can't click on those cars as it's just a listing but the recommended section has all the participating cars and you can buy them right from there.

skynidas

Banned
The Event screen will show you typical opponents, but there is no shortcut to go buy any of those cars. On the upside, if you choose to choose another car from that screen, you Garage will be filtered by Eligible Cars.

Yes, this change is one of the most useful things in the game.

Is there a way of turning off the filter? I think spec 2 added that, not sure, but I didn't like the way it hid cars which would have been allowed after a slight detune.

The game also seems to give out cars you need for further events as prizes at least at the start of the game. Although I made no progress for the past several days because I keep trying to learn to drive the R35 and failing miserably, just so I can clear that mission.

skynidas

Banned
Is there a way of turning off the filter? I think spec 2 added that, not sure, but I didn't like the way it hid cars which would have been allowed after a slight detune.

Well, when you are in that screen you will see your eligible cars for the race, but you can also change the filter to show all your cars.

Jedi2016

I get what he's saying, and no, the game doesn't feature the kind of filtering that we actually need with this many cars. There's already been a half-dozen times where I've bought a car for a race series, gotten into the race, then I saw the car that I actually wanted driven by the AI, but I had completely forgotten the car was even in the game. There are usually dozens, even hundreds, of eligible cars not included in the "recommended" or "typical opponents" list. And those don't usually include the best cars for the job, either.

What the game needs is a filter function across all dealerships. Where I can tell it to show me every car in the game between 625-650pp, for example. Show me all of the rally cars, show me all of the LM prototypes, etc. Don't make me go hunting for them, because I'll probably overlook the one that would actually win me the race.

It was after that that I went through every dealership, every car, and made a list of useful cars and the cars that I would eventually want to purchase. And I'm sure I'm still missing a few for race series that I haven't gotten to yet.

Part of the problem is this "Performance Points" rating that they've got. I'm not sure what they base it on, but it's nowhere near accurate. I've done tests of multiple cars, all bone stock, with some cars hitting the same lap times or better than cars with 50+ more PP. So you still have to "know" which cars are good at certain things. I'm currently saving up for the Audi TT-R because I know from previous games that the car has fucking insane levels of grip, and can out-handle most any other GT/DTM car in the game. But it's PP rating is almost pathetically low compared to cars that I know it can crush on the track.

The point is that their "recommended" cars are based mostly on this PP rating, which really amounts for nothing. The only thing it does is prevent you from bringing a LMP or F1 car into the lower GT races.

ruttyboy

I get what he's saying, and no, the game doesn't feature the kind of filtering that we actually need with this many cars. There's already been a half-dozen times where I've bought a car for a race series, gotten into the race, then I saw the car that I actually wanted driven by the AI, but I had completely forgotten the car was even in the game. There are usually dozens, even hundreds, of eligible cars not included in the "recommended" or "typical opponents" list. And those don't usually include the best cars for the job, either.

What the game needs is a filter function across all dealerships. Where I can tell it to show me every car in the game between 625-650pp, for example. Show me all of the rally cars, show me all of the LM prototypes, etc. Don't make me go hunting for them, because I'll probably overlook the one that would actually win me the race.

It was after that that I went through every dealership, every car, and made a list of useful cars and the cars that I would eventually want to purchase. And I'm sure I'm still missing a few for race series that I haven't gotten to yet.

Part of the problem is this "Performance Points" rating that they've got. I'm not sure what they base it on, but it's nowhere near accurate. I've done tests of multiple cars, all bone stock, with some cars hitting the same lap times or better than cars with 50+ more PP. So you still have to "know" which cars are good at certain things. I'm currently saving up for the Audi TT-R because I know from previous games that the car has fucking insane levels of grip, and can out-handle most any other GT/DTM car in the game. But it's PP rating is almost pathetically low compared to cars that I know it can crush on the track.

The point is that their "recommended" cars are based mostly on this PP rating, which really amounts for nothing. The only thing it does is prevent you from bringing a LMP or F1 car into the lower GT races.

It's not based on nothing, but it's not specific to a particular racetrack. If a track has lots of long straights then cars with higher top speeds will perform above their PP rating there, in the same way a car with tons of downforce, but less straight line speed, would be more suited to a short twisty track. It's only a guide.

The biggest differentiator seems to be drive train, IMO it massively overrates MR cars.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Maybe it's the endurance races, but I can't help but feel like something is missing.
Also, is there any way to adjust how many rooms are shown at once in the online lobby menu? In GT5 you could see like 10 rooms at a time, in GT6 the bars are so thick with space between them and you can only see a few at a time.

So based on what everyone's been saying about the steps backward GT6 takes in a few areas, does it make sense to go back to GT5 and play that instead/in addition? I haven't touched GT5 since just after launch, and apparently there were a ton of improvements and free content released--is it the better game now?

Celcius

°Temp. member
So based on what everyone's been saying about the steps backward GT6 takes in a few areas, does it make sense to go back to GT5 and play that instead/in addition? I haven't touched GT5 since just after launch, and apparently there were a ton of improvements and free content released--is it the better game now?

I would yes.
However, GT6 will undoubtedly improve like GT5 did, so you may also want to just stick with GT6 and be ahead of the curve as things get updated/improved/ironed-out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Compared to GT5, GT6's launch is what GT5 should have been.

And GT6 can only get better.

The awful AI become so much more apparent in the one make races. Every corner they brake way too early, go too slow through the corner and get magical grip and power at corner exit. Setting up an under cut or over under pass on AI is impossible with equal cars. To make up for their shifty cornering speeds and early braking, they get magic acceleration. In the wet races I was being out draged by lower PP cars and I could hear their tires spinning like crazy but they just accelerate perfectly.

Racing turns into bombin down the inside past 6 cars, taking a wide line around ten in corners, or using the super drafting on straights after they pull ahead.

People seem to think good AI is contingent on avoiding cars parked in the middle of he track. Convincing racing behavior is what matters in a racing game.

Personally I'm waiting to see how the game improves before getting it, I want to know about the monthly track additions they talked about and if they're free or priced. And when they're putting the track creator and shuffle mode back in. Not touched my ps3 for months so I don't feel rushed.

Well, when you are in that screen you will see your eligible cars for the race, but you can also change the filter to show all your cars.

That's cool then, I think that might be new to gt6 then unless I missed GT5s.

only thing i really miss from gt5 are the special events, machine testing and community features. gt6 trumps it handily in everything else and will only improve with time.

Alright, I'll leave GT5 on the shelf, I guess! I was just curious because I never did go back to that game after the patches. I figured Polyphony would improve upon GT6 in the same way as GT5, but it was starting to sound like the first little bit would be playing catch-up.

Top Bottom