• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

GT6 is far superior unless you are on a super tight budget and just want to pickup GT5 dirt cheap.

It's funny to think back on it now, but GT5 didn't even have a PP system when it launched.

I recall there were HP and weight restrictions on some S class races. But most of the game it just didn't care if you put every possible performance mod on your car.

So many weird things about 5 when it shipped. GT6 even with a few issues feels far more polished.

Even now with dozens of patches, GT5 still has: Bad/werid used car system, paint chip & museum system. Fewer cars. Far fewer tracks. And can only play night/day on a handful of them.

Vortex566

Please tell me when exactly. I need a light at the end of the tunnel, because the racing itself is depressing me - I just hit IB.

Next class up, I noticed a huge step in the quality of the AI. I felt like the cars were trying to block me and were driving aggressively.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It's way too easy to flip your vehicle. One specific example: I was in an online race at Deep Forest reverse in a Megane (I think) and entering the very short tunnel there's an incline for a short period. I broke on the incline and my car's back end came up and flipped forward. I managed to do it 2-3 more times in the race.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's Polyphony doing with damage? I haven't really followed the game. Concern over damage kind of died down even though they half assed it (quarter assed?) it in GT5. Still the same story? Uneven cosmetic damage with no mechanical damage? I'm always weirded out by like smashing into a wall and having nothing happen but then in another event it does.

Megasoum

Banned
What's Polyphony doing with damage? I haven't really followed the game. Concern over damage kind of died down even though they half assed it (quarter assed?) it in GT5. Still the same story? Uneven cosmetic damage with no mechanical damage? I'm always weirded out by like smashing into a wall and having nothing happen but then in another event it does.

Let's just say I did 2 double flips with my Lancer and was still able to reach the finish line first.

skynidas

Banned

when you crash some scratches and bumps are made to the car, very similar to GT5 and no mechanical damage

I've seen no improvement in the AI as I've moved through the classes. Currently at International A and the AI is still braking far too early & nuking me in corners as they stubbornly refuse to adopt a different driving line after I've cleanly passed them.

Rafy

Guys what are the issues you have encountered with it so far?
I am playing the national b circuits and so far I am having a blast. I can't wait for a driving game to come out on PS4, I forgot how much I love them. Have they announced a date for driveclub?

IISANDERII

The shift kart championship is very challenging I think. Thought it was going to be easy when I won the first race without having driven a shift kart before but then the next races kicked my ass. Took me 4 attempts to win the championship.

Xanadu

Banned

dont even ask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36voJJ9cQ-c

This sounds totally different from your normal GT sound engine noise. Someone clarify.

some cars sound better than others

Here are two shakey cam videos from my Mission B-5 gold lap.

My car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfV4HmNVQg
AI's view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrujq0pt4w

Watching my lap again, I did lose some time in two or three corners.

Nothing. That's exactly what they're doing with damage. Instead of working the mechanical damage, they patched into GT5, into GT6's career, they dropped it completely from the game.

dubc35

why is that?

I don't have enough time to game anymore to justify buying any more consoles. I mean maybe when a ps4/xbone is like $100 I'll buy one. I have a 6 month old daughter that takes up the vast majority of my time. Since I got GT6 I've played my ps3 more than the last 6 months combined and I think I've logged maybe 10 hours.

Sorry, long winded answer but basically I don't have any free time anymore.

Cosmetic damage looks like someone splashed a ton of mud across the back of a car when you smash into their rear bumper. It's stupid. I've just come to accept it for what it is, but Forza's cosmetic damage (while also looking pretty ridiculous in the extreme case) is much, much better.

Any news on the next patch? It would be hyperbolic to say that the current state of the game is depressing and I'm probably a bit annoyed that I can't play more, but I really don't want to wait until January for the next big patch. There's not even a date or an upcoming change log and I feel like I might experience a lesser game by progressing through the career now.

Looks are of the least importance. You want a good seat, ergonomics and feel. Extra 100 is worth it.

It's also a pain in the ass to assemble. The instructions are super vague and there are a bajillion pieces. Took me way longer thaen it should have to assemble, and I'm good at putting stuff together. But it was worth it.

ethomaz

Banned
Dammit... I'm having trouble with the Goodwood X2010 event... only 0.234 to get Gold... so close and so frustrating.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Don't brake too much, this thing can handle extreme cornering speed. It's very stable once you entered the turn, but you have to hit the entry point accurately. You can really learn how to drive with this thing, but you have to get used to the steering sensibility first.

dubc35

+1. it reeally boggles the mind at how they got them so good at low rpm, then they pass out or something when its time to review the high-rpm sounds..

bogglin.

It was posted somewhere in here, basically it seemed like they got the low revs and high revs and did some sort of extrapolation for everything in between to save space. I'm no audiophile so I can't explain it. Seattle* (* for stemming the number or remaining part of his/her username I think explained it.) I only remember because I live in Seattle.

conman

Dammit... I'm having trouble with the Goodwood X2010 event... only 0.234 to get Gold... so close and so frustrating.
This so far has been the only challenging gold for me. Every other mission/license gold is a cakewalk compared to prior GT games.

kafiend

Does anyone know how to change the degrees of rotation using a wheel? I'm using a T500RS

I don't have your wheel but the only way to change steering rate in game is by adjusting steering sensitivity in the pre-race menu screen. Think it goes -2 to +7 with +7 giving you more turn with less actual wheel rotation.

Unless there is way for the T500RS like on the G25/27 by pressing certain buttons at once to lock the wheel into different modes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't have your wheel but the only way to change steering rate in game is by adjusting steering sensitivity in the pre-race menu screen. Think it goes -2 to +7 with +7 giving you more turn with less actual wheel rotation.

Unless there is way for the T500RS like on the G25/27 by pressing certain buttons at once to lock the wheel into different modes.

On grid 2 you could change the actual degree of rotation.

What's up with the Stratos? I know it's not supposed to be an easy car, but I upgraded it a bit for the MR series and it's undriveable. I can't turn the wheel more than 10 degrees without spinning. Even with skid recovery on.

The hell PD?

Edit: nvm, gave it some harder suspension for Apricot Hill and was able to win. Very rewarding car to drive.

Megasoum

Banned
Doing the Electric championship with a tricked out Prius right now....I think I'm gonna fall asleep.

It's automatic obviously and it's always max rev so there's only one sound.... The same monotone buzz for like 5 min lol.... Bzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom