• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

ethomaz

Banned
Lol at the 121k credit skyline in the legendary dealership. I normally just pop in to see what shit I can’t afford.
Thanks I will grab it…

I think people get the Legendary dealership the wrong way… it is not about expensive cars but cars that made story… it can be very cheap like a Beatle.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
You know I watch the computer car in the licence tests swear sometimes it doesn't even slow down for a corner me I'm flying off the track and failing. Don't know how it does it.

Fucking hate the licence tests but the races are locked off behind them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know I watch the computer car in the licence tests swear sometimes it doesn't even slow down for a corner me I'm flying off the track and failing. Don't know how it does it.

It takes a perfect line and sometimes just lets off the throttle and pins it at the right time of apex. When you nail it, you will know and it will feel good. But yes, hard to be consistent with it.

I did notice for myself personally, that after doing all of the menus and racing in a lot of events, daily workouts, etc., that when I went back to do licenses and missions, I was much better and those bronze/silvers quickly went to gold in the first or second try.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I think this game also does a worse job at teaching than GT Sport, which has a narrator to give instruction. Now they just have a gameplay video of the gold time.

ethomaz

Banned
I think this game also does a worse job at teaching than GT Sport, which has a narrator to give instruction. Now they just have a gameplay video of the gold time.
Yeap... how GTS teach you to drive is still unmatched.
GT7 is more like previous GTs.... so they really listened to the fans 🤷‍♂️

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Back to the Tron Legacy! :messenger_beaming: I don't know. Played around with the settings.

51971541726_9b1fdf77c0_o.png

51970538522_4f00a419d1_o.png

Certinty

It's a shame how easy all the licence tests are in this game, only the last one is even remotely hard.

So far at least the missions seem harder though. Maybe the most interesting part of the game.

Fox Mulder

It's a shame how easy all the licence tests are in this game, only the last one is even remotely hard.

So far at least the missions seem harder though. Maybe the most interesting part of the game.

The missions also show how garbage the AI is with zero awareness. I failed overtaking missions too many times because they just hit you like you aren’t there.

CZY

Am I misremembering or did cars used to have audio when getting in them, you know, the sound of it starting up? That better just be bug or coming later because wtf that’s weak shit if they took it out.

Lots of other missed opportunities for cute & interesting sound effects elsewhere too imo.

As for AI, still seeing the same shit where they are just passive as all fuck after you pass them. Yeah maybe I only finish 6th so the race itself isn’t a pushover, but cars 7-19 or whatever are all driving like grandmas. Like one or two cars are actually putting up good, aggressive times, and it’s usually just because they have a good car and started up front, not because they drive any better or different than the losers in the back.

Skifi28

The missions also show how garbage the AI is with zero awareness. I failed overtaking missions too many times because they just hit you like you aren’t there.
The AI in actual races isn't too bad as far as awareness goes. I believe overtake missions don't even have AI, just 100% scripted paths.

What dirt have you guys got on Polyphony? Since launch all I've had is the lowest money and 2 car parts, for cars not interested in, with the damn roulette :messenger_grinning_sweat: Its a good job I've no interest in the multi-million credit cars and just drive for upgrading bangers.

Aenima

The AI in actual races isn't too bad as far as awareness goes. I believe overtake missions don't even have AI, just 100% scripted paths.
Yup. During overtake missions, other cars are recorded ghosts, they follow the exact same path at exact same speed all the time. Is up to the player to find gaps were they can overtake them without touching them.

Incorrect. AI in races will routinely bulldoze you off the track if it doesn’t like your braking distance or is faster on a straight. They have no awareness of contact.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Incorrect. AI in races will routinely bulldoze you off the track if it doesn’t like your braking distance or is faster on a straight. They have no awareness of contact.
They do this a lot on turns. Last race of a 10 lap race last night and the car behind me spun me out.

I was hoping for more AI on AI bumps, crashes, and wrecks in general, as I've only seen a handful happen outside of when it's raining.

Fox Mulder

Yes. And if you back out and reload, you get different scripted AI paths who might be a half second slower. These are designed horribly with shit AI and random conditions like rain intensity or wind speeds.

I was doing The Pass mission in Moby Dick for like an hour. I was doing laps faster than people on my leaderboard that had gold and I was only getting 3rd. I back out and try again and the AI is half a second slower and I get gold.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I thought the redbull x2019 couldn’t be used in anything but it is eligible for the 24 minute Le Mans race mission for some reason. Destroys everything with handling and acceleration.

Raven117

Yup. During overtake missions, other cars are recorded ghosts, they follow the exact same path at exact same speed all the time. Is up to the player to find gaps were they can overtake them without touching them.
Maybe in the missions, but in the cafe, I have seen them crash where I have not been involved.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I thought the redbull x2019 couldn’t be used in anything but it is eligible for the 24 minute Le Mans race mission for some reason. Destroys everything with handling and acceleration.
X Files Idk GIF by The X-Files

(Ssst I love XFiles)

(Millennium as well)

Last edited:

MP!

Just got gold on my last S license
Now I don't know what to do with myself! haha

Worst ones are IA8, IA9, S7 and S10
Though I actually had fun on IA9 and S7

S10 is just pure evil, and even just passing the finish line at all feels like an accomplishment... though you TRULY feel defeated after about 2 and a half minutes of intense driving ... only to miss it by a quarter of a second...
DEFEATED

Aenima

Maybe in the missions, but in the cafe, I have seen them crash where I have not been involved.
yeah, in the missions only. In the other races they have AI. The AI also has various levels. The AI used in the beginning is not the same used in the endgame races.

Jorav

Have just been playing enough each day to rack up the daily workout reward. Don’t have much desire to get gold on all licenses or missions given the weak rewards for some of them. Hope some extra content is released soon.

Raven117

yeah, in the missions only. In the other races they have AI. The AI also has various levels. The AI used in the beginning is not the same used in the endgame races.
Yeah, which makes it even more frustrating as you have to play catch the leader. I really loathe that structure. It’s not racing and can develop bad habits which will spill over into multiplayer.
I only see them crash when there’s rain messing them up or they go stupid when they get blue flagged.
Ha! I’ve seen them yellow flag.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I really hope that they will drop some new content soon.

I played every event and finished it on the first place, did the café, golded every licence, nearly golded all missions and participated in all online events atleast once. Lately i did more of the circuit experience and set up some longer races. It's still a lot of fun and i don't feel any fatigue but i'm yearning for some more city tracks. Overall i'm on the hunt for more cars and on the everlasting look for more experience.

sncvsrtoip

yeah managed to get gold in final drift challenge so have now golds in all missions ;d, really hate drift missions, ended with 99 cars (have still circuit experience to do but you get money for that not cars) so you can get around 100 cars without tedious grinding

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What do you guys use or recommend for free image hosting of .png's?

Also wish the auto upload to the app didn't convert them to .jpg like it does.

Top Bottom