• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

GHG

I found it interesting and wanted to share.

If this actually works then the physics are fundamentally broken in this game and need to be fixed.

Using the handbrake to set up turns has no place in road racing, regardless of whether the car is front wheel drive, all wheel drive or rear wheel drive, it should completely upset the balance of the car along with cooking the tires to the point where it would significantly slow you down for any subsequent corners.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
If this actually works then the physics are fundamentally broken in this game and need to be fixed.

Using the handbrake to set up turns has no place in road racing, regardless of whether the car is front wheel drive, all wheel drive or rear wheel drive, it should completely upset the balance of the car along with cooking the tires to the point where it would significantly slow you down for any subsequent corners.
It doesn't. Only works for rally cars

GHG

It doesn't. Only works for rally cars

Did you watch the video? He's demonstrating it with cars that aren't rally cars, even GR3 cars are being used. The physics are broken, this is a ridiculous exploit that shouldn't work.

SLB1904

Banned
Did you watch the video? He's demonstrating it with cars that aren't rally cars, even GR3 cars are being used. The physics are broken, this is a ridiculous exploit that shouldn't work.
Don't need to. If it make you faster all the faster drivers in gran turismo would use it. Any slide in this game and you are gone. I've seem people using in tight corners when the game came out I would just pass by them like nothing.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Don't need to. If it make you faster all the faster drivers in gran turismo would use it. Any slide in this game and you are gone. I've seem people using in tight corners when the game came out I would just pass by them like nothing.
Watch the video! Start it, go to 3:33 and reevaluate your opinion.

GHG

Well it seems to be a relatively new discovery/finding so time will tell if it gets adopted by the fastest players.

If it does then we have a problem, if it doesn't then it's an exploit that the lesser players will use as a crutch. Regardless, it shouldn't work at all in any context.

SLB1904

Banned
Well it seems to be a relatively new discovery/finding so time will tell if it gets adopted by the fastest players.

If it does then we have a problem, if it doesn't then it's an exploit that the lesser players will use as a crutch. Regardless, it shouldn't work at all in any context.
I mean technically should work, but ain't make you to the top split at all. What he did he use the handbrake to rotate the car in slower corners, which is fair enough but he lost a lot of grip on the exit.
And if the race has tire wear yeah good night.
Watch the video! Start it, go to 3:33 and reevaluate your opinion.
Yeah I watch the first lap, as soon I saw him losing the rear that's it. You can try if you want, but you are getting slower.
One thing you need in gran turismo even on sports is a steady exit. You might be fast on the corner but you'll lose on the exit speed.

Igor was using the same car with bop from the nations cup and he was over a second faster

edit: nevermind it seems to be a controller issue. it might help on the controller. i don't use controller, but tire wear will be an issue on longer races

Yeah, I've been using the handbrake in tight circuits, with any car really. Really helps a lot in tight corners.
rally is a must, the car wont turn if you don't use it

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

I mean technically should work, but ain't make you to the top split at all. What he did he use the handbrake to rotate the car in slower corners, which is fair enough but he lost a lot of grip on the exit.
And if the race has tire wear yeah good night.

Yeah I watch the first lap, as soon I saw him losing the rear that's it. You can try if you want, but you are getting slower.
One thing you need in gran turismo even on sports is a steady exit. You might be fast on the corner but you'll lose on the exit speed.

Igor was using the same car with bop from the nations cup and he was over a second faster

edit: nevermind it seems to be a controller issue. it might help on the controller. i don't use controller, but tire wear will be an issue on longer races

rally is a must, the car wont turn if you don't use it

I'm in agreement with you apart from where you say technically it should work. It shouldn't, especially not mid corner. At that point the car is already unbalanced to a degree anyway (it needs to be in order to turn at all) applying the handbrake should be suicidal - it should lock the tires, push it beyond the limit, it would be uncontrollable and it would result in an unrecoverable spin. This is exposing a flaw in either their tire model or the way they have implemented the handbrake.

SLB1904

Banned
It shouldn't, especially not mid corner. At that point the car is already unbalanced to a degree anyway (it needs to be in order to turn at all) applying the handbrake should be suicidal - it should lock the tires, push it beyond the limit, it would be uncontrollable and it would result in an unrecoverable spin. This is exposing a flaw in either their tire model or the way they have implemented the handbrake.
you are correct, but he's using in the very tight slow corners, he's not fully locking the tires, what he's doing its trying to replicate what we do on the wheel, we use the brakes and the lower gear to quickly rotate the car, because of the limitations of the steering input of the analog stick he taps the hand brake, you can see when he uses the Audi with better steering response makes little to no difference. i think it's helpful for cars with slow turn. when i saw the title it gave me flashback when the game came out, people were going fully sideways lol that shit made me lose my shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Aenima

Man, tunning in this game is deep. Spent all afternoon tunning various old cars to match 450pp for the 1 hour endurance mission using old cars. And all my tunes sucked, making me fall behind the 15th place after a few laps. Ended up looking up a recommended car and tune from YT and that freaking car handled super well. Even got the 1st place with some mistakes here and there.

Anyone that still need to do the 1 hour endurance in Alsace, feel free to copy this guy tune, it also uses a car ppl get for free from the GT Cafe.

Celcius

°Temp. member
edLuer9.jpg

isc6NX0.jpg

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Man, tunning in this game is deep. Spent all afternoon tunning various old cars to match 450pp for the 1 hour endurance mission using old cars. And all my tunes sucked, making me fall behind the 15th place after a few laps. Ended up looking up a recommended car and tune from YT and that freaking car handled super well. Even got the 1st place with some mistakes here and there.

Anyone that still need to do the 1 hour endurance in Alsace, feel free to copy this guy tune, it also uses a car ppl get for free from the GT Cafe.

I beat it with this method easily on first place. Thanks for sharing!

I used the same car on my first try but my setup was complete trash compared to his. Crazy what a bit of tweaking does.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you think they’ll add the Suzuki escudo pikes peak edition?

Edit: the penalties in these endurance races is killing my motivation to do them (especially in this race with the bac mono)

Last edited:

Aenima

Do you think they’ll add the Suzuki escudo pikes peak edition?
I guess they could if they want. Polyphony has the Pikes Peak licence as is even one of the main sponsors of the real Pikes Peak races. Whats weird to me is why they dont add the Pikes Peak race to the game.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F173750129%2F192087519778%2F1%2Foriginal.20211025-220206

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I guess they could if they want. Polyphony has the Pikes Peak licence as is even one of the main sponsors of the real Pikes Peak races. Whats weird to me is why they dont add the Pikes Speak race to the game.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F173750129%2F192087519778%2F1%2Foriginal.20211025-220206
Hell they could have so much content. Why not replicate the classic le mans races? Or even have drag races online. Or milti class races.
So much wasted potential, and all this stuff I'm listing are already in the game.
Fuck me

Forsete

Wish it were easier to grab pictures/videos off the PS5. /First-world-problems.

Upload to a FTP or something like that. Upload to PS App often fails, and grabbing a SSD/USB-stick is a hassle. :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Jorav

Had been doing the tomahawk Tokyo expressway on repeat for the past few days. Man I needed a solid session just using a regular car to reset my steering input haha. Back to completing more of the normal events.

Rac3r

This Week's Daily Races

Daily Race A: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, Road Scirocco, BoP
Daily Race B: Monza, Gr.4, BoP
Daily Race C: Red Bull Ring, Gr. 3, BoP

Last edited:

Certinty

Eco Challenge 2 was the highlight of this game for me. What a blast that was, even after constantly failing I never got annoyed because it was so fun.

Skifi28

Had been doing the tomahawk Tokyo expressway on repeat for the past few days. Man I needed a solid session just using a regular car to reset my steering input haha. Back to completing more of the normal events.
Same and got a ton of money. If the gearing exploit is not fixed tomorrow, it means we have one more week of farming to reach the 100 million cap. After that I can relax and likely never have to farm for money again.

SLB1904

Banned
This Week's Daily Races

Daily Race A: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, Road Scirocco, BoP
Daily Race B: Monza, Gr.4, BoP
Daily Race C: Red Bull Ring, Gr. 3, BoP
They really got rid of tunning. Not gonna lie it was so much fun in daytona

ShakenG

Same and got a ton of money. If the gearing exploit is not fixed tomorrow, it means we have one more week of farming to reach the 100 million cap. After that I can relax and likely never have to farm for money again.
Is an update expected to drop tomorrow?
Ive noticed a friday trend.

Rac3r

They really got rid of tunning. Not gonna lie it was so much fun in daytona

Yea it's a shame, but I think it will definitely return. My theory is that they want to collect race data on the gr.3 and gr.4 cars so they can rebalance them in a patch before the first season of the manufacturers and nations cup. I'm expecting BoP until the end of the test seasons, then I think they'll make at least Race A a tuning race, and maybe Race C as well.

SLB1904

Banned
Yea it's a shame, but I think it will definitely return. My theory is that they want to collect race data on the gr.3 and gr.4 cars so they can rebalance them in a patch before the first season of the manufacturers and nations cup. I'm expecting BoP until the end of the test seasons, then I think they'll make at least Race A a tuning race, and maybe Race C as well.
Yeah tigney heard that from polyphony. They want to sort the BoP first.

ethomaz

Banned
He is faster with it in the video.
He is bad... if he does the corner right he will be faster than what he did with handbrake.
He is losing contact from the track and so going slower because the acceleration is missing... if you do the same turn without losing that much grip you will be way faster (way is exaggeration of course... you will be milliseconds faster).

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
He is bad... if he does the corner right he will be faster than what he did with handbrake.
He is losing contact from the track and so going slower because the acceleration is missing... if you do the same turn without losing that much grip you will be way faster (way is exaggeration of course... you will be milliseconds faster).
Yesterday I was doing the licences with the super gt cars, as soon you lose grip that's it, I was of the pace even tho it feels much slower, exit speed is very important

TheMan

I dont' know if I already bitched about this but I really hate the used car/legendary car system. Let me buy what I want when I want it!

Top Bottom