• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

SLB1904

Banned
If I was younger and playing less games, I would easily be going for golds. It's not that I can't, but I'm playing so many games that I simply don't want to spend hours on the golds right now.

I can definitely see myself going for golds once they (hopefully) add VR and I get a racing wheel to go with it.

I actually spend most of my time doing my own time trials for all the cars I have.
Currently my time trial tracks are Sardegna (Layout C) and Autopolis (Short). It's interesting to find cars that perform surprisingly good or bad for their PP Level.

Also, they really need to have Grid/Line starts for time trials as an option.
fair enough i have ocd, i cant settle for less

SLB1904

Banned
Ready for that next update
R0Dx1aR.jpg

Don't often visit the legendary showroom, Just had to buy the Renault R8 Gordini when I did this time. Will probably never use it but got struck by an epic dose of V-Rally 2 nostalgia once I seen that boxy blue shape and those white stripes.

SLB1904

Banned
Holly shit, the Tokyo circuit experience with the supra is the easiest 1.3mil I got in this game. Mostly straights barely any braking. And guess what? There is a counter-clockwise version of it. So 2.6mil I less than 15min

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m sure they’ll patch it but I’m enjoying grinding Tokyo expressway in the tomahawk and buying as many cars as I can. Now I’m mainly waiting for the xj13, testarossa, and pennzoil r34 but I check the used and legendary dealerships daily to see what comes in and usually buy everything available in the used dealership before they go out of stock.

Melfice7

6 star ticket just gave me the red bull x2019 yay that would be great if it wasn't a damned duplicate that I already had from golding licenses. Stupid rigged tickets

Celcius

°Temp. member
6 star ticket just gave me the red bull x2019 yay that would be great if it wasn't a damned duplicate that I already had from golding licenses. Stupid rigged tickets
Hopefully you can sell it for plenty once they start letting us sell duplicates

Melfice7

Ok le mans last sector circuit experience has to be bugged right? The car behaves completely differently than on the rest of the track. A slight turn on the wheel and it spins

Melfice7

I advise you to watch igor fragra lap on youtube it helps

im certain its bugged, i was golding all sectors easily at first try then that last sector its like a different car, checked the demonstration and even on the easy first corner he goes flat out, but as soon as i start to turn the car spins

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
im certain its bugged, i was golding all sectors easily at first try then that last sector its like a different car, checked the demonstration and even on the easy first corner he goes flat out, but as soon as i start to turn the car spins
Don't go full throttle! Either use gentle or just roll through the corner.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
just looked for it, i knew i wasnt crazy

Weird. I tried it with the actual patch and not before that so i can't compare. I thought it was normal that you are not able to go full throttle. Reading the comments it really seems to be bugged.

SLB1904

Banned
I haven't done that yet.

SLB1904

Banned
Man the guy can't even hold his car on track.
he doesn't even lift the throttle lol

Edit: you don't need to lift. The traction control is making him spin. The car has enough downforce to glue on the track. Traction control looks the wheels

Last edited:

Melfice7

he doesn't even lift the throttle lol

Edit: you don't need to lift. The traction control is making him spin. The car has enough downforce to glue on the track. Traction control looks the wheels

it isnt my vid, i dont use traction control and it spins at any slight turn of the wheel (it ONLY happens on that sector, not in any other place of the track)

SLB1904

Banned
g27, can take sharper turns flat out in the same circuit experience, but that specific turn its getting ridiculous
Look at my steering input above. I barely turn. Go as far left as you possibly can, barely turn the wheel in that section.
jbXt8oH.jpg
7qjLC6V.jpg

See these blue boards?
Get as close as you can and start turn on the second board

ShakenG

Im doing that sector 5 right now on controller and don't feel the slightest urge for the rear end to come out. Feels planted.

Melfice7

I managed the gold now but it's really weird with a car with so much downforce in a wide long turn. spinning because the wheel is 1 or 2 degrees off.

ethomaz

Banned
uHXV3MN.jpg

There isn't no bug at all. Just a few tries

Edit:easy, flat out, don't use traction control, this car doesn't need

I knew the guy didn’t know what he was doing… I mean that section is easy not to get out of the track with that car.

This car seems to have glue on the track.

Last edited:

TheMan

Didnt' realize until yesterday that circuit experience can net you major cash. Now I'm just building my stash while patiently waiting for the f40 to come back to the store

SLB1904

Banned
A-9 is a piece of shit. Took me like 4 hours to beat it. After that I decided to not focus on getting Golds
I always find funny people complaining about missions I went through with no problems and i get stuck on missions people breeze through lol

Tbf the a9 mission was easy for me because I know that track very well.

ethomaz

Banned
I only not get Gold in I missions (the last ones because they are too long) so I probably got all Gold in A but I don’t remember what was A-9… if I had trouble or not.

Said that the first rally with that blue Truck got me crazy… I tried over 400 times and the best I could do on luck was Silver and 500ms behind the Gold.

I was really thinking I was bad in rally until somebody point here it was using the wrong tires that got fixed in the next patch and become so so easy… even doing a bad race I got Gold (if I did the same good luck race as I did to get Silver below 500ms Gold I could do like 1-2 seconds below the Gold lol).

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always find funny people complaining about missions I went through with no problems and i get stuck on missions people breeze through lol

Tbf the a9 mission was easy for me because I know that track very well.
Same with me. Some who get stuck, I have no issue, some I have issue, others no issue, lol.

Top Bottom