• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

ethomaz

Banned
I dont' know if I already bitched about this but I really hate the used car/legendary car system. Let me buy what I want when I want it!
I can understand that but Used Cars Dealership was a TOP requested feature form GT fans.
It allows to buy cheaper cars to finish the SP too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hell they could have so much content. Why not replicate the classic le mans races? Or even have drag races online. Or milti class races.
So much wasted potential, and all this stuff I'm listing are already in the game.
Fuck me
I would love for them to have an xmas tree staging, sticky burnouts and launch control... but drag racing or roll racing are always an afterthought in this series and they should just not include it at all, as with rally at this point.

Would rather have more focus on the IMSA and GT sprint races, than rob resources with half baked shit.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Has anyone been able to figure out a very easy to way to farm $$
PlaintiveUnsungIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

Roxkis_ii

I just came here to gush over this game. I bought it over the weekend, I've been having a blast. I even got the 1 mil extra!

This game feels so classy and it really eases you into driving like a pro. I just finish getting all golds in the B license and I didn't think I would be able to do it at first (took me longer then I'm willing to admit to get gold on the first braking test), but somewhere along the way it just clicked. I don't even crash into other cars like I used to do in other games after finding out I get 2x credits for a clean race. I even took off the auto braking to feel like a man. I think I'm going to be playing this game for a long time.

I'm having such much fun and I don't feel encouraged to pay for extra credits. This game is bliss (so far)

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Nice! I am going to give this one a go this evening.

Do you need to pit for fuel at all?
Yes! Even with fuel consumption on lean you'll have to pit around the end of lap 11. So i usually go full power on the fuel map and pit a bit earlier but it is more exciting this way.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

What's the conclusion? I noticed the PP never changed between the 3, so I would just choose based on looks per vehicle.

Some older cars I won't put them on because they don't fit the "style" or aesthetics.
No differences in the breaking tests he made. He mentions that there could be a difference in performance while doing endurance races but he hasn't tested that.

The only advantage they give you is that they don't add weight to the car compared to the other breakes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No differences in the breaking tests he made. He mentions that there could be a difference in performance while doing endurance races but he hasn't tested that.

The only advantage they give you is that they don't add weight to the car compared to the other breakes.
So pretty accurate to RL then. Good.

Braking power/fade is not much different in real world tests, but heat build up and dissipation may have an impact over longer endurance races.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Nobody knows. 0.0% have the trophy. However, there is no shortage of theories.
It's funny as hell. People are just buying every le man car lol

Anyway I'm back to 20 mil credits 🤪 still have the Tokyo circuit experience and the green hell to do, green hell sounds like the name suggests and the tokyo walls give ne chills. Bought the civic type r from the used dealership it's only 50k. Loving these classics man.

ethomaz

Banned
Nobody knows. 0.0% have the trophy. However, there is no shortage of theories.
It is actually 0.1%.
So yes... people already had that trophy even so Platinum is yet 0.0%.

Edit - I believe Kaz did that on purpose... to make use find which cars it is... I will keep buying all LeMans legendaries.

Last edited:
Big GT fan here, played all since 2. Playing on the PS5, I think this is the best looking console racer... It trades blows with FH5 on XSX but IMO manages to come out on top due to the solidness of the IQ... there's very little pop-in and lod transitions (namely on the shadows). It amazes me how GT manages to look so realistic every gen, even if their asset quality is pretty but not the best. Really enjoying the game and was surprised they tried to cancel the game because of the mtx (avoidable), but I guess that's people these days.

This the only game I've seen that you can turn the HUD off and look at the car board computer to watch your mileage, immediate consumption, turbo weight and time. We need more games with that kinda detail in other genres. I dream of a open world GT with the exact same physics at Tokyo
It’s a very impressive looking game but I’ve found in some instances it’s easier to spot where “cross gen” seems to be holding it back with reused or dated assets. Not on the cars but on some of the tracks, but a lot of this is minor and not directly trackside so you don’t notice it racing but in replays. In certain lighting conditions though, on certain tracks there can be quite a bit of distracting pop in on track environments. Things like shadows, barriers, trees etc. I particularly notice them using faster cars where the track is “catching up”. But overall still love it. Great looking game.

ethomaz

Banned
No one has it yet so they haven’t released the three cars. People assume it requires Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, and Ferrari 330 P4. PD had a similar trophy for these three cars in GT5.
People already have it.
At least the trophy is 0.1%.
Nobody has the Platinum that is 0.0%.

7H8Z5NB.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
GTPlanet got the nick of some EU player in March 15.
How could he have all 3 that early, when we didn’t have enough refreshes in the Legends yet?

He could have been a tester, when was the trophy unlocked?

All I am saying is that trophy lists have .1 all the time, even when they leak prior to release dates.

ethomaz

Banned
BTW the last car is:

Ferrari 330 P4 or McLaren F1 GTR '95.

People on GTPlaned are all getting the trophy.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I can’t get this Tomahawk setting to work…my PP still so big, even though I copied the settings exactly as far as I can tell 😐

So I was correct. The 1st to unlock was a testing account and why most games have .1% for all trophies on launch day and even days prior.

People playing are now getting them since Legends refreshed enough.
rQMCDW1.jpg
This explains why today is the first day people are getting Platinum trophies for this game. The first person to have that trophy was literally today, April 19th.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

It is actually 0.1%.
So yes... people already had that trophy even so Platinum is yet 0.0%.

Edit - I believe Kaz did that on purpose... to make use find which cars it is... I will keep buying all LeMans legendaries.
With 0.0% i meant the platinum and the 0.1% for the "three legendary cars" trophy has been debunked as a developer account.

Edit: Seems that its dropping now for many people.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

If one doesn’t have the McLaren F1 GTR, will the P1 GTR work? What other cars have you used and recommend?
I think everything goes as long as you keep the PP restriction in mind.

Tried the XJR9, 787B, Sauber C9 with added weight and power restriction. The C9 is awesome but the others work as well. Lately i'm using the Nissan GT500 because i like the handling. These really dominate. I also tuned some slower cars but they suffer a bit in terms of the handling and i'm not the best when it comes to setup so its better to down tune.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I have 22 Circuit Experiences left to do. Mostly doing bronze. Estimated 4.5 million credits.
Fairly easy to get bronze, expect for the rally tracks. Did all tracks last week and been on the hunt for gold since then. Some really hard times but it mostly depends on the car. It also helps a lot when you get gold and know the track better for future events.

SLB1904

Banned
I have 22 Circuit Experiences left to do. Mostly doing bronze. Estimated 4.5 million credits.
go for gold bro, my advice dont over drive, try to be as smooth as possible, remember your braking points, braking is the most important thing in sim racing. once you nail the braking everything comes naturally

ethomaz

Banned
If that helps... I turn on the Example Ghost.
It make a time way better than what you need for Gold... so if you can keep track behind him you will eventually get Gold.
Plus it helps a lot to understand where to break and accelerate again for a smooth turn.

Sometimes I get ahead the Example Ghost but for just some time :D
Some races you can be near 1s behind it that you will get Gold yet.

PS. You can delay the Ghost to put it near you when you will do a turn you need to learn if you wish.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
go for gold bro, my advice dont over drive, try to be as smooth as possible, remember your braking points, braking is the most important thing in sim racing. once you nail the braking everything comes naturally
If I was younger and playing less games, I would easily be going for golds. It's not that I can't, but I'm playing so many games that I simply don't want to spend hours on the golds right now.

I can definitely see myself going for golds once they (hopefully) add VR and I get a racing wheel to go with it.

I actually spend most of my time doing my own time trials for all the cars I have.
Currently my time trial tracks are Sardegna (Layout C) and Autopolis (Short). It's interesting to find cars that perform surprisingly good or bad for their PP Level.

Also, they really need to have Grid/Line starts for time trials as an option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom