• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

captainpat

Are co-ops really the best way to earn experience and stuff? I'm rank 30 and yet everytime I create a room no one joins, and I'm too weak to do and earn much exp or cash in the rooms I do join.

garath

Are co-ops really the best way to earn experience and stuff? I'm rank 30 and yet everytime I create a room no one joins, and I'm too weak to do and earn much exp or cash in the rooms I do join.

When you create a room make sure "post to everybody" or something like that is checked. By default your room is not listed to the general public. If it is it will fill up instantly.

But the best way to get XP is to join other rooms. No AP cost so you can grind all day. Even getting a few hundred a battle in the hits you get in till someone insta kills it adds up when you can do it indefinitely.

captainpat

When you create a room make sure "post to everybody" or something like that is checked. By default your room is not listed to the general public. If it is it will fill up instantly.

But the best way to get XP is to join other rooms. No AP cost so you can grind all day. Even getting a few hundred a battle in the hits you get in till someone insta kills it adds up when you can do it indefinitely.

Yep, knew I was missing something. As soon as I checked that the room filled instantly. thanks man.

garath

Argh. Tiamat needs to stop dropping the summon and start dropping the weapons :( I've only gotten two ever but I have a max uncapped tiamat and another three spare.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yes, definitely join other rooms rather than host yourself (except to do your daily). I've found that, even though I am low level, no one cares and seem fine with me leeching some hits while they kill. Things die in a few seconds anyway.

elty

Sorry how do you launch the game in a normal Chrome tab? I need the URL bar so I can skip the tutorial. It just redirect me to the Chrome app page, which launch the game into its own window.

Hell if I know

Setting Up Chrome

This tutorial will assume you are using the Google Chrome browser for rerolling, as it is the easiest method to use. If you are using the Chrome App version, you can skip this section and start at step 2 in the next section.

Open a Google Chrome window in Incognito mode with Ctrl+Shift+N. This saves a lot of time in clearing cookies between account rerolls.
Enter Developer mode with Ctrl+Shift+I.
On the Developer mode side toolbar there is a button shaped like a smartphone screen in the top left. Click that button so it turns blue.
Under Device on the orange portion of the toolbar above the webpage, select any model, such as Google Nexus 5.

Merun

Event is open now. I feel bad for earth mobs, Wind is so OP even EX+ melt like butter. 4 chain > slap > Siete 4 chain > slap and they're dead.

Considering the team, it's not a surprise.

2 daggers so far, 2 more to go. And still no luck with light SSR weapon. But I managed to get a Corow so a little boost to attack today \o/

Liseda

Why do people turn off secondary backup requests?

Like what, I just wasted my EP joining a dead-end raid and the guy that started it just left and I can't even request for more people.

chrono01

Like what, I just wasted my EP joining a dead-end raid and the guy that started it just left and I can't even request for more people.
It's probably so he/she can get 1st/2nd/3rd rank for the extra rewards. The more it's open to everyone, the easier it is to fill up so getting the top three spots is more difficult, especially if the one who sent out the request hardly contributed to the raid in the first place.

Falk

that puzzling face

Nothing has been more annoying this event than inviting only guild members, and then 2 minutes later having some random with Yoda show up and 1-shot the boss, stealing MVP before anyone builds up enough honor to make the EP investment worth it.

If someone started a raid way out of their league, though, that's a different story.

razterik

Finally got my first harp, I must have emptied over half the box. Hope next one comes faster.

Trying to decide if I want to struggle farm VH eye every 15 minutes for 12k honor and something like 44 tickets or spam open Extreme+ Dino for 200k honor and 40 tickets, but better drops even if I can barely dent the boss. Eye is twice better for tickets, but it takes more effort/time and I won't make it anywhere near the better honor rewards. 2 premium ticket pulls (and more) worth blowing maybe 100 1/2 ap pots? My math might be way off, though.

Vamphuntr

Finally got my first harp, I must have emptied over half the box. Hope next one comes faster.

Trying to decide if I want to struggle farm VH eye every 15 minutes for 12k honor and something like 44 tickets or spam open Extreme+ Dino for 200k honor and 40 tickets, but better drops even if I can barely dent the boss. Eye is twice better for tickets, but it takes more effort/time and I won't make it anywhere near the better honor rewards. 2 premium ticket pulls (and more) worth blowing maybe 100 1/2 ap pots? My math might be way off, though.

Don't waste 50 AP summoning the extreme+ boss if you can't damage it. If people don't join you wasted 50 AP. If you can't beat the VH eye easily then it's probably better to leech raids and wait for the next GW to burn AP pots.

Liseda

Nothing has been more annoying this event than inviting only guild members, and then 2 minutes later having some random with Yoda show up and 1-shot the boss, stealing MVP before anyone builds up enough honor to make the EP investment worth it.

If someone started a raid way out of their league, though, that's a different story.
I can understand why someone would close it down like that if they already have planned people coming but this guy was rank 30 or something. ;-;

razterik

Don't waste 50 AP summoning the extreme+ boss if you can't damage it. If people don't join you wasted 50 AP. If you can't beat the VH eye easily then it's probably better to leech raids and wait for the next GW to burn AP pots.

Haven't had trouble finding people to finish it off, but yeah, that is something to consider. VH eye is easy enough, speed depending on friend leads available, but I use an endurance build that takes a lot of time compared to flaming out on a harder raid. Still have to run eye anyway for meat drops, though.

You're probably right that waiting till next time would be more efficient use of my pots. But it feels like the rewards I could earn now might significantly speed up my current progress and put me in a better position by next GW. I'll think about it a bit more, probably run Ex+ for a while and see what my results look like. Thanks for the advice either way. :)

garath

Tried the ex+. My wind team is good but not good enough to solo it. I actually nearly wiped and had to use one of the revive potions I pulled. That was at a quarter health. But got my Rosetta spam going and turned it around. Still got MVP but not by much. Don't think I'm going to do that often. Extreme is soloable and I get the same amount of honor points.

Just to be clear, I should always reset after pulling the SSR item right??

Definitely. The weapon is the goal. The rest is just filler.

elty

So I have rerolled 10 times. I did that free 10x draw which is supposed to have:

Posted rate: 82% R 15% SR 3% SSR

Of those 100 draws, 10 of them are guaranteed SR.

So for the other 90 draws I got exactly 90 R.

0.82^90 =
1.7508410260532057238453464517779e-8
or
0.00000175%

Either the first free draw is rigged, or I should buy the lottery.

Sheiter

If you're rerolling the only rolls that arnt rigged are the one roll you get for logging in day one and the free ticket you get from clicking the sparkles in town as per the reroll guide

garath

So any strategy for the betting? I have like 28 cards. Just threw down some on random squares. It looks like one of the teams is a shoo in but I don't know how it works or what the end time is. Could be a big swing later.

Fishious

I've got a co-op question. Does everyone get different dailies or what? I keep joining daily rooms only for them to do stuff that totally aren't on my list.

On the subject of guild war, I'm not doing too great. VH eye is the strongest I can solo and it's a pain to do with my water team, which is the only one I've built so far. I don't really have any wind other than Ryu and Rashid, but without a proper wind weapon pool or summon my water team is still better. I'm gonna have tons of meat I have no use for by the time this is done.

So any strategy for the betting? I have like 28 cards. Just threw down some on random squares. It looks like one of the teams is a shoo in but I don't know how it works or what the end time is. Could be a big swing later.

betting works for each day's round so you have like 5? chances to bet
you choose whichever group you think will win and you can either just choose the top 1 or the top 3 in order
choosing the top 3 will give you more crystals if you win
as noted, betting for each round ends at 6 PM JST which is 2 AM PDT
usually the best time to bet is right near when betting ends since there's less chances one team could suddenly surge ahead and ruin your bet
you can bet on as many different combinations as you have tickets for

Felessan

Anyone advise on which side to bet on?
All of them if you want a sure win. Or one you like the most. Or you can try to catch luck and go for winning side just before betting close.
Results swings a lot, even in that gap between betting close and end of day. So it's pretty much random.

linkent

All of them if you want a sure win. Or one you like the most. Or you can try to catch luck and go for winning side just before betting close.
Results swings a lot, even in that gap between betting close and end of day. So it's pretty much random.
The ranking will on last minute? Gotta just bet on random triple bet and hope i got a jackpot then lol

Felessan

The ranking will on last minute? Gotta just bet on random triple bet and hope i got a jackpot then lol
Betting closes 6 hours earlier than current day finishes (6pm JST vs 12 pm JST) - so there are full 6 evening hours to change standings. It affects final results a lot.

MiTYH

FINALLY got the weapon, took way too long. Onto box #2.

Just to be clear, you only get the character when the weapon is maxxed out, right?

High level players that can one shot low level raids should either be downleveled to the content they are accessing or not allowed to join at all. As a newer player it's really frustrating to join a raid with high health on the boss only to have someone come in and snipe the whole thing from everyone - complete waste of time.

MiTYH

High level players that can one shot low level raids should either be downleveled to the content they are accessing or not allowed to join at all. As a newer player it's really frustrating to join a raid with high health on the boss only to have someone come in and snipe the whole thing from everyone - complete waste of time.

On the other hand, I can't beat a Very Hard raid on my own. I can start it, open it up to crew members if someone is online, let it run until I'm basically dead, open it up to everyone have someone come in and one-shot it and bam, I get 1st or 2nd MVP, plus hosting.

Works well for me, but I can understand the frustration. If I join an extreme+, I don't expect to get any of the red chests, and if you're a new player taking on similar, I don't think you should expect to either. Remember, the game has been out in JPN for what, two years?

Top Bottom