• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

Got my first sword at 989 draws. That's 1978 tickets. Onto the next box. 133 draws in already.

Does it make sense to start skilling up the GW sword now? I can't use it until I change the element so it will set my pool back a bit. Getting a lot of great fodder from this event. I'm sitting on 6 of those grass guns and 5 of the big skill gems.

I thought about doing that too, but what would you do if you don't get all 4 copies? You'd have wasted a ton of mats and won't be able to make use of the increased SLvl.

garath

I thought about doing that too, but what would you do if you don't get all 4 copies? You'd have wasted a ton of mats and won't be able to make use of the increased SLvl.

Good point..if you don't get all 4 then you are sitting on a useless weapon for a month. Then again, I don't see being able to get slvl 10 in this month anyways. My best SSR weapon right now is only slvl 5. It takes a long time to get that fodder.

Might as well start now though. It sets back my growing wind pool a bit but I'm doing ok for now. The sword would be a big asset even by itself as a wind weapon. If I get all 4 copies then I'll start skilling it I think.

dennism

how do you level up weapon skills? guide says to upgrade with rare/super rare weapons with skills, i did it but it doesn't seem to work? i used 8 races to upgrade a SSR weap, and 8 rares to upgrade a SR weap, both skill level didn't go up

garath

how do you level up weapon skills? guide says to upgrade with rare/super rare weapons with skills, i did it but it doesn't seem to work? i used 8 races to upgrade a SSR weap, and 8 rares to upgrade a SR weap, both skill level didn't go up

The rares have to have skills on them. Typically only gatcha rares will. The only from the event ticket pull do not.

Gizuko

Rares can come without a skill, so check that out first.
Slvl up has a %chance that increases the more weapons you use, but 8 rares was supposed to be 100% chance if I remember right (for Slvl1->2 anyway), so it's more likely you used one rare without a skill.

If you go to upgrade a weapon at max level cap, it will only show you weapons/items that can give you a skill up.

That's the easiest way to sort them out.

muu

Unless you have everything ready to upgrade GW weapons to its true form, whether it's lv80 or lv100 is pretty insignificant -- 300-400 ATK at most, which equates to 1-4% depending on where you're at with grinding.

That said, you may want to plan ahead and choose dagger or harp if you think you're going to get around 3 of them -- true form daggers have a 40-50% DA latent effect (3T) on its ougi, harp heals for 2000 (or 15%/20% of max HP, or something like that). Both are incredibly useful just getting to the point where you've switched elements.

garath

So what do you need to do to change the element of the weapon? I keep reading that's a part of it but none of the guides I've read explain "how".

Obviously the sword isn't the best but I'd still use it in my weapon pool if I'm pumping the slvl up.

Gizuko

Unless you have everything ready to upgrade GW weapons to its true form, whether it's lv80 or lv100 is pretty insignificant -- 300-400 ATK at most, which equates to 1-4% depending on where you're at with grinding.

That said, you may want to plan ahead and choose dagger or harp if you think you're going to get around 3 of them -- true form daggers have a 40-50% DA latent effect (3T) on its ougi, harp heals for 2000 (or 15%/20% of max HP, or something like that). Both are incredibly useful just getting to the point where you've switched elements.

I know, I meant that raising the Skill level would be useless if he doesn't change the weapon's element/runs light, hence why I tried to make a point of the waste of mats. Sorry if I didn't word it properly.

So what do you need to do to change the element of the weapon? I keep reading that's a part of it but none of the guides I've read explain "how".

Obviously the sword isn't the best but I'd still use it in my weapon pool if I'm pumping the slvl up.

Max LB, Max SLvl and upgrade it, if I'm not mistaken. How many upgrades until E-Change, I don't know.

MiTYH

DAMNIT! I just did my Twitter refresh, and now they're calculating results! Any idea how long this'll take?

EDIT: GAFantasy ranked at 4187

muu

I know, I meant that raising the Skill level would be useless if he doesn't change the weapon's element/runs light, hence why I tried to make a point of the waste of mats. Sorry if I didn't word it properly.

Max LB, Max SLvl and upgrade it, if I'm not mistaken. How many upgrades until E-Change, I don't know.

Oops, missed the element change part.

Element change is after true form (50 assorted light mats + SR seal) and combing w/ element changed rusted weap (250 element items, etc). Once you can complete the 48hr Light quest it's pretty trivial.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As a general FYI, for those that didn't know, co-op missions are a great source of money, xp and AP pots. I used to just do them for the daily, but I spent 30 minutes grinding them earlier and got a bunch of AP pots and xp (I miss the 1/2 priced story missions, grr).

Also, I've done almost 800 draws, no weapon yet. The only good news is that it's so easy to get tokens. A VH eye fight takes under 3 minutes for 22. I've given up on the points.

garath

Element change is after true form (50 assorted light mats + SR seal) and combing w/ element changed rusted weap (250 element items, etc). Once you can complete the 48hr Light quest it's pretty trivial.

Got a detail walkthrough link on this somewhere? Lol. This is something I'd want to work on.

The rusted weapon sounds like a bottleneck. I have a 1 star rusted sword but those come slow.

Gizuko

Oh! Thank you, I actually didn't know those where the mats needed for the element change. Sounds like I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting those rusted harps, since Baha has only dropped 1 so far.

How do you do the co-op stuff? Their "in-game" tutorial wasn't particularly helpful.

Click on Co-Op. Make a room/join a pub or enter the code you have for a room. After that someone, anyone, picks a quest to go on(Only the quest picker pays AP). People pick support summons from the people in the room as well as the team you want to use. After that everyone readies up and you go.

Just got this on my first Omega run as a guest:

I'm guessing I'm lucky as fuck, or is this how this usually goes?

Summons, unfortunately, are the most common flip from magnas.

Yeah but those Omega summons only boost weapon skills, so they aren't that useful when you are just starting the game.

Another question. Legfest only applies to 10 draw right? There is no point in saving premium draw tickets?

muu

Oh! Thank you, I actually didn't know those where the mats needed for the element change. Sounds like I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting those rusted harps, since Baha has only dropped 1 so far.

Dope up to 999AP and run Star haloes. Both the required elemental mats required drop there as well as random rusted weaps, and if you're at a point where elemental changes are even a consideration you should be able to clear it on auto.

Man alive, between this game and FFRK DeNA has me hooked. I daresay they have found the perfect trigger for an addiction I didn't know I had :\

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man alive, between this game and FFRK DeNA has me hooked. I daresay they have found the perfect trigger for an addiction I didn't know I had :\

Welcome to the club. You'll find a lot of the same people in every thread for these types of games. I think Garath and I have had the same exact games on our phones for the last 2 years. I just wish I started GBF sooner.

Gizuko

Dope up to 999AP and run Star haloes. Both the required elemental mats required drop there as well as random rusted weaps, and if you're at a point where elemental changes are even a consideration you should be able to clear it on auto.

I feel kind of stupid now, since I never considered running Angel Halo on auto. Treasure Hunt is not even worth the time spent using it, so I'm guessing I could use Agni's Scepter and give it a try. Thank you for the heads up!

chrono01

Uh oh. GAFcypher is dropping. We're down to 2100 or so. I just spammed 20 meats worth of extreme allo. Hope it helps stem the bleeding. Getting to final hour here.

I really love the extra 30% damage today. Was worth the balm things.
I'm going to burn through more AP potions this evening, as well as EP ones. Let us hope!

arevin01

As a general FYI, for those that didn't know, co-op missions are a great source of money, xp and AP pots. I used to just do them for the daily, but I spent 30 minutes grinding them earlier and got a bunch of AP pots and xp (I miss the 1/2 priced story missions, grr).

Also, I've done almost 800 draws, no weapon yet. The only good news is that it's so easy to get tokens. A VH eye fight takes under 3 minutes for 22. I've given up on the points.

AP pots drops? Because I've done about 50 missions or so and never seen one.

dennism

wow, yggdrasil malice, so strong.. i can beat her two minions, but then she gets a big buff and start healing herself for 80k each turn.. and she's immune to delays/gravity/debuff effects.. really tough fight

Talaysen

ah ok, is there an easy way to sort them out?

You can set the Auto-Select button to select rare weapons without skills. I just push that because I don't need rares for anything but fodder and then it leaves weapons with skills in my inventory so I can use them manually.

Yu Narukami

wow, yggdrasil malice, so strong.. i can beat her two minions, but then she gets a big buff and start healing herself for 80k each turn.. and she's immune to delays/gravity/debuff effects.. really tough fight

I tried that fight so many times...Retreated every time...
Tip: You are supposed to lose the fight.

garath

Welcome to the club. You'll find a lot of the same people in every thread for these types of games. I think Garath and I have had the same exact games on our phones for the last 2 years. I just wish I started GBF sooner.

Yeah lol. These types of games are a special frustrating kind of fun. But I like em :) and Granblue is one of the best I've played if not the best.

I feel kind of stupid now, since I never considered running Angel Halo on auto. Treasure Hunt is not even worth the time spent using it, so I'm guessing I could use Agni's Scepter and give it a try. Thank you for the heads up!

Ooh. Never thought about using the scepter for star angel dungeons. I've run it 20 times last few days and not a single rusted weapon :/

Top Bottom