• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Vamphuntr

Finally. Getting that much frost spheres was annoying. My first 5 stars uncapped.

gWeaRPN.png

Quonny

The only error I get is the yellow bar at the top of my browser window telling me something has crashed and I need to reload or ignore.

It pops up every 10-15 seconds.

Ala Alba

Reinstall chrome and the app?

Are you in the northeast? There was a major fiber issue at level 3 that caused widespread problems with the internet and cable.

The only error I get is the yellow bar at the top of my browser window telling me something has crashed and I need to reload or ignore.

It pops up every 10-15 seconds.

It seems to working now, so I'm hoping it was just some problem along the route from where I am to the servers there.

In any case, I was getting the same errors on my phone (app version), and I had no issues with my internet otherwise, so who knows.

Liseda

I don't really understand the whole Extended Mastery, I do understand that it's a way to improve your current class after it's been maxed but is there something I should focus on?

I'm a superstar with a mostly windish~ team and I'm not sure if I should "waste" anything on Wind ATK because I'm not sure I'll go the wind route yet.

Or should I "save" the EMP to buy one of the Extended Mastery Skills?

kiryogi

Banned
I don't really understand the whole Extended Mastery, I do understand that it's a way to improve your current class after it's been maxed but is there something I should focus on?

I'm a superstar with a mostly windish~ team and I'm not sure if I should "waste" anything on Wind ATK because I'm not sure I'll go the wind route yet.

Or should I "save" the EMP to buy one of the Extended Mastery Skills?

This job guide gives good recommendations on what stats to raise up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_z8Q_Qd_HVvO-ZsWfWnlPy3ifyUyTxF0L6F06cWx92s/edit

kiryogi

Banned
GRANDBLUES CHANNEL LIVE!

Announced :

Coming on the 23rd update:
5s Siegfried
4s Baal

GW is Water!

Defend order livestream on the 14th!

Sakura Taisen girls elements:

Sakura - Wind
Erica - Light
Gemini - Fire

Rixa

^^ Yeah \o_
More units = more fate episodes = more free crystals :)

This is typical Grande raid drop: Blue cube, Sky Blue Crystal, Gold cert, Feather
If you do enough damage, you get 15 Renown Pendants from that fight.

Gizuko

Baha weapons are an awesome upgrade: I can finally bring druj ex down to half his hp, open the raid and MVP it.

Still stuck with only 2 Levi daggers, though. If it keeps dropping staves/lances at this rate, max skilling my Baha gun will come before I get a GW character.

Rixa

Baha weapons are an awesome upgrade: I can finally bring druj ex down to half his hp, open the raid and MVP it.

Still stuck with only 2 Levi daggers, though. If it keeps dropping staves/lances at this rate, max skilling my Baha gun will come before I get a GW character.

Have you checked how much shit Baha weapons need to be skilled? It aint as "easy" as normal weapon skilling. Iam definetly leaving Baha weapons last. My aim is to get asap (1-2 months at this rate, I need so much fodder ssr) Celeste as main summon instead of Diablo.

Earlier today I noticed how few raids I have done outside of Celeste. I have only one copy of Lumi & Colo summons. From Levi, Ygg, Tia, I dont have ssr summon drops at all :p. That might also be the reason for shortages in fodders :p.

boo, i thought guild wars would have be wind

guess i'm making a sudden shift to farming ygg now

at least i got a lot of fodder from the event

razterik

So I'm not really good at staying on top of my weapon management, but I was upgrading some weapons today and found the One-Rift Spear in my inventory. That's the guild wars spear, right? How did it get there? I picked the harp last time (pulled 2 of them) and have only done guild wars once...

Gizuko

Have you checked how much shit Baha weapons need to be skilled? It aint as "easy" as normal weapon skilling. Iam definetly leaving Baha weapons last. My aim is to get asap (1-2 months at this rate, I need so much fodder ssr) Celeste as main summon instead of Diablo.

Earlier today I noticed how few raids I have done outside of Celeste. I have only one copy of Lumi & Colo summons. From Levi, Ygg, Tia, I dont have ssr summon drops at all :p. That might also be the reason for shortages in fodders :p.

I did, but I think it'll take 14 SSR weapons tops, coupled with a hefty load of SR. I don't think SR will be a problem in the long run (1 month give or take), and I have about 10 spare SSR weapons sitting in my inventory. Probably will go down to 8 once I finish skilling the Harp (lvl 8-9 right now), but that just means I need ~6 more.

It sounds like a lot, but 4 dropped during the last couple of weeks alone. Leviathan just hates my guts, but I can live with it if it means I can get a headstart on the gun.

The fact that Uno is the only worthwhile GW character I could use, and he is an endgame character, also helps. I just don't think I should focus on those just yet, TBH.

Edit: I probably will join discord later to talk about it, but I need to skip this GW (got finals and all, I really can't mess those). I don't mind leaving GAFCypher temporarily if you all are going to try to seed this time.

linkent

^^ Yeah o_
More units = more fate episodes = more free crystals :)

This is typical Grande raid drop: Blue cube, Sky Blue Crystal, Gold cert, Feather

If you do enough damage, you get 15 Renown Pendants from that fight.
Does Grande herself drop from this raid?
Also do the red chest from MVP and hosting have same chance of getting SSR item?(10%?)

Rixa

The fact that Uno is the only worthwhile GW character I could use, and he is an endgame character, also helps. I just don't think I should focus on those just yet, TBH.

Edit: I probably will join discord later to talk about it, but I need to skip this GW (got finals and all, I really can't mess those). I don't mind leaving GAFCypher temporarily if you all are going to try to seed this time.
Yeah, I might actually grab Harp gw character (was it Nio). Not too fond of grinding stuff to it, maybe someday. But now GW Char definetly is not in my near future plans. Plans are to focus to the weapon pool.
Nah, everybody has real life, just login daily so you dont get kicked out.

Does Grande herself drop from this raid?
Also do the red chest from MVP and hosting have same chance of getting SSR item?(10%?)
Grande is Gacha only. Sorry I dont know percentages, I do know that Celeste & Lumi has way smaller % than others.

linkent

Grande is Gacha only. Sorry I dont know percentages, I do know that Celeste & Lumi has way smaller % than others.
What is the reason to do her raid then?
Thought there is a very very small chance of getting her.

What about other raid like Nezha, Twin etc?

Hyunashi

So just started this game and was lucky enough to get 3 SSRs in: Percival, Sara and Yuel. I was wondering with the weapons that they have, are they relavent in end game or will these SSR weapons eventually be replaced? Thanks!

What is the reason to do her raid then?
Thought there is a very very small chance of getting her.

What about other raid like Nezha, Twin etc?

You do Grande for the mats/chance to get a cosmos weapon, which will increase the stats of weapons that share it's typing.

Nezha, Flam=glass(twin element), Apollo etc. They drop new weapons as well as mats to summon grande, I believe. I also think you have to farm them to get the mats to final limit break the summons, if you have them.

linkent

So just started this game and was lucky enough to get 3 SSRs in: Percival, Sara and Yuel. I was wondering with the weapons that they have, are they relavent in end game or will these SSR weapons eventually be replaced? Thanks!

Welcome to fire club!
Relative new myself and started with fire, when you get starter dash and thinking of spending $$ with it, i think Clarise will be a nice choice.
I still use the weapon from those character but only max leveling them up, not skilling them as it is hard to Limit break those weapon and it will be replaced by those that can be MaxLimit.
Farm ifrit level when it comeback to get yourself a 40% Fire Atk summon(by exchanging the drops from the shop)(Shop->Treasure Trade->Event->Ifrit).
Got lucky when i started with Igni event where he drop material to limit break the fire characters.
Dont forget to do the coop daily so you can get some material to LB your SSR.

You do Grande for the mats/chance to get a cosmos weapon, which will increase the stats of weapons that share it's typing.

Nezha, Flam=glass(twin element), Apollo etc. They drop new weapons as well as mats to summon grande, I believe. I also think you have to farm them to get the mats to final limit break the summons, if you have them.

Guess i will skip them and do Bahamut instead, have been really lucky and got 3 daggers and 2 horns.
Even at level 50s, Bahamut SR Dagger(Dark) will be better than the SSRs we get from the character right?

Guess i will skip them and do Bahamut instead, have been really lucky and got 3 daggers and 2 horns.
Even at level 50s, Bahamut SR Dagger(Dark) will be better than the SSRs we get from the character right?

Depends on if you have enough of the right race in your team to make use of the dagger's passive.

Hyunashi

Welcome to fire club!
Relative new myself and started with fire, when you get starter dash and thinking of spending $$ with it, i think Clarise will be a nice choice.
I still use the weapon from those character but only max leveling them up, not skilling them as it is hard to Limit break those weapon and it will be replaced by those that can be MaxLimit.
Farm ifrit level when it comeback to get yourself a 40% Fire Atk summon(by exchanging the drops from the shop)(Shop->Treasure Trade->Event->Ifrit).
Got lucky when i started with Igni event where he drop material to limit break the fire characters.
Dont forget to do the coop daily so you can get some material to LB your SSR.

Alright, thanks or the info!

Gizuko

Macula Marius raids and the like actually have a very low chance of dropping SSR omega weapons. Not primal omega weapons, but special weapons with omega skills.

The normal variety of those weapons can be bought in Siero's Shop (they require gold animas), but it seems the ones with omega skills can't*. I don't think farming them with only that purpose in mind is a good idea, but those raids do drop mats for hosting Grande raids, so joining one every now and then isn't that bad of an idea.

*According to the Weapon/Summon Optimisation and Progression Guide.

Yaari

Wow those are great SSRs. You can create an amazing team with Percival and Yuel to start with.

Yuel the cutest.

garath

Ugh. What the heck with these Mithra animas. I've done him 4 times so far, one of the boss fight on chapter 28 story and 3 showdown. Not a single anima. And I need 5?? Even got a gold chest last fight and it was just a stupid green orb.

MicH

I have so many Date episodes that I need to do to unlock skills. But I need to keep farming the event!

Also thanks for activating the Potion upgrade in our guild, Se7en :D I really appreciate it!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, being fire for the next GW sucks. I run a grande team so it's only 98% crappy but still. Don't even have an earth character to put into grande team.

Felessan

Water is nice. I will finally test Sara+Cagli (though not 100 yet)+Eugen SSR combo that are sitting on the bench atm as I have weak weapon pool for them.

h0tp0ck3t

Water you say? Switching back from grinding Celeste to Ygg

Edit: On second thought I'm just straight up done with Celeste, tired of getting wiped out early from stupid mistakes and no one joining my raids

garath

For any newer people who eventually envision themselves with a shiny super strong guild wars character, I have a few suggestions that you can get started on now:

- do star halo dungeons as often as possible. If you do nothing else on this list, Do this. The GW grind requires 700 basic orbs of the element you want. I just did a full hour if star halo and it net me 60 basic orbs for wind. That means you will be looking at approximately 12 hours of star halo farming. Star halo also provides rusty weapons, higher tier orbs, white dragon scales, etc. It's mandatory for creating a GW char. Get some of it out of the way now.

- if you see a rare monster while you are progressing story and it drops a rare weapon, hold onto it. Favorite it in your inventory so you don't lose it. You'll save hours of farming just holding onto those.

- once you hit rank 50, start farming proto bahamut raids and order grande raids ASAP. Get them in as often as possible. Get silver and gold certificates from events.

- last but not least, if a celestial event comes around, get as many gold nuggets as you can from it.

Really for a takeaway here, star halo. Do it. Keep it in the back of your mind.

Guess my luck ran out, I wanted that cool kid looking character Alec but instead my discount draw and crystal draw got me non character SR items :( at least the light spear has a base attack of 312.

For any newer people who eventually envision themselves with a shiny super strong guild wars character, I have a few suggestions that you can get started on now:

- do star halo dungeons as often as possible. If you do nothing else on this list, Do this. The GW grind requires 700 basic orbs of the element you want. I just did a full hour if star halo and it net me 60 basic orbs for wind. That means you will be looking at approximately 12 hours of star halo farming. Star halo also provides rusty weapons, higher tier orbs, white dragon scales, etc. It's mandatory for creating a GW char. Get some of it out of the way now.

- if you see a rare monster while you are progressing story and it drops a rare weapon, hold onto it. Favorite it in your inventory so you don't lose it. You'll save hours of farming just holding onto those.

- once you hit rank 50, start farming proto bahamut raids and order grande raids ASAP. Get them in as often as possible. Get silver and gold certificates from events.

- last but not least, if a celestial event comes around, get as many gold nuggets as you can from it.

Really for a takeaway here, star halo. Do it. Keep it in the back of your mind.

Angel Halo? Or something else?

Quonny

If you favorite the Star Angel Halo it will show you when the next one comes up.

Sucks it takes up a slot, but Twitter sucks more so I deal with it.

Top Bottom