• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MSMrRound

I'm spending 30AP on Extreme only for event boss to give me one single gold anima for the Tales Of exchange items...happened to me about 4 times ina row now..

This is going to take a while...might not even go for Sophie since weapons are going to get priority...

mAcOdIn

any of the weapons good? (where is water weap and fire boss? feels like other than the agni event, there hasn't been any fire based event bosses)
The light gauntlet seems pretty weak at first glance for me but I'm still going for. At lvl 40 for just one copy its' max attack is merely 932 making it pretty weak, but maybe it's a late bloomer. That said, I'm going for it because it's a light fist weapon and I have Amira.

So you can get more tales characters if you get Millia, Sophie and Yuri?

No, it's not like that. The current Tales event is a reissue/repeat and the next event is a brand new Tales event with three new Tales-related characters. You won't need any of the current three characters to get the next three.

Sheiter

I'm spending 30AP on Extreme only for event boss to give me one single gold anima for the Tales Of exchange items...happened to me about 4 times ina row now..

This is going to take a while...might not even go for Sophie since weapons are going to get priority...

The silver anima will more than likely be your bottleneck for buying from the shop. Every step of the way I've had enough gold anima before i had enough silver, so I can usually calculate how many more runs i need based on them. You get exactly 3 every Extreme run.

Ugh, as much as Erica from the Sakura Taisen event is a great healer, her revive rate is absolutely abysmal. She may as well not even have a third skill with how unreliable it is. Is this the case with that SSR character Sophia as well?

Saprol

Ugh, as much as Erica from the Sakura Taisen event is a great healer, her revive rate is absolutely abysmal. She may as well not even have a third skill with how unreliable it is. Is this the case with that SSR character Sophia as well?
no, but that's why erica is a free character

dennism

yes (for me, at least it's a short CD if it fail)

dennism

The light gauntlet seems pretty weak at first glance for me but I'm still going for. At lvl 40 for just one copy its' max attack is merely 932 making it pretty weak, but maybe it's a late bloomer. That said, I'm going for it because it's a light fist weapon and I have Amira.

what skill does it have? (what skill does all the weapon has)

linkent

are the weapon drops fixed for each boss?
wind drop fire, light drop light, dark drop dark? (or opposite element for light and dark?)

Gotten fire katana MLB and Agni Katana MLB.
dunno if i need to get this fire sword, already have enough weapon but no fire sword for dark fencer class.

what skill does it have? (what skill does all the weapon has)

each weapons are Big attack bonus to their specific elements.

MicH

Why are unknown weapons good? Not that I question it, but I don't understand why they are considered musts in your weapon pools over more omega weapons

Falk

that puzzling face
Oooh, thank you! That makes sense

If you think of your damage as volume of a cardboard box that's 100x100x100cm

every omega skill you have increases length by X cm where X is the skill % based on suffix and skill level

every normal skill (or Bahamut weapons) you have increases width by Y cm

every unknown skill (or strength weapon) increases height by Z cm

So when you already have a bunch of omegas, adding one more is akin to e.g. increasing the box length from 240 to 255cm which is far less of a gain than increasing box height from 100 to 115cm.

(Of course, running Omega summon changes the relationship somewhat since the value of Omega skills is increased but there's still a golden ratio)

all the other multipliers in the formula are akin to adding dimensions that don't physically exist to a 3D box so much like understanding the maths behind this game you require deep knowledge of quantum physics and theory of relativity etc

Grzi

pmlY9Wy.jpg

What?

Damn.

I only wanted the cross fate episode with Silva, it's still not there. Do I need to MLB both of them?

Grzi

Thanks!

Forgot that Camieux has a third skill as well.

Edit:

Nope, still not there. Guess I need to raise their levels or MLB them.

Grzi

Afaik there's two R versions, fire and earth. I have the earth one and I read that that's the correct one. Guess it's the other one. Oh well.

The silver anima will more than likely be your bottleneck for buying from the shop. Every step of the way I've had enough gold anima before i had enough silver, so I can usually calculate how many more runs i need based on them. You get exactly 3 every Extreme run.

1 silver anima for every 10 AP. So you can pretty much figure out how much AP and 1/2 AP potions you need for the entire event.

Soooo with the natural tick rate of 1 AP per 5 minutes you get what? 288 AP per day, about 2880p AP re genned naturally through the course of the event? Throw in twitter reset at about 70 AP over 10 days? That's just about enough to get 3 copies of each weapon from treasure trade in. I sure hope you are all lucky enough to get at least 1 drop, or have enough AP potions to farm up the last weapon drop, how much does the 4th weapon cost in silver animas?

Velinos

I think I am done with Miscolored Memories. Got one MLB bow and one MLB dagger. Not a single SSR drop or from the draw. Hopefully the Tales event will be nicer.

1 silver anima for every 10 AP. So you can pretty much figure out how much AP and 1/2 AP potions you need for the entire event.

Soooo with the natural tick rate of 1 AP per 5 minutes you get what? 288 AP per day, about 2880p AP re genned naturally through the course of the event? Throw in twitter reset at about 70 AP over 10 days? That's just about enough to get 3 copies of each weapon from treasure trade in. I sure hope you are all lucky enough to get at least 1 drop, or have enough AP potions to farm up the last weapon drop, how much does the 4th weapon cost in silver animas?

You need 100 silvers for the last step lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hundreds is how many you are doing anyway if you want to get 300 anima to MLB all of the weapons.

Oh, I have no desire to MLB all 3 weapons. I see what you're saying. You would definitely need to get lucky with a drop. Otherwise, it would take forever.

dennism

got a light fist from dark maniac, quite a hard fight, had to use one elixir to beat him

his special attack don't do that much if you have -50% attack down on him, and all it does is minus your charge bar so compared to the kamui fight where he curse you, it's not too bad. just bring damage mitigation or healing and it's doable

Merun

Got the fist on my second maniac. 1 elixir is a cheap price. Also katana drop in ex during a pause which is pretty lucky since I'm not really farming the drops atm.

dennism

do tales of asteria have any real bosses in them? at lv26 now and gotten to the 2nd luke story but so far all i've been fighting is monsters.. quite a big oversight imo

do tales of asteria have any real bosses in them? at lv26 now and gotten to the 2nd luke story but so far all i've been fighting is monsters.. quite a big oversight imo

at the end of every character's long story line, there's a boss that's usually harder than the stuff before it

there's also events that features bosses and stuff, didn't try them but looks like they can drop 5 star units and have a displayed level of 250 and costs 50 ap so lol

dennism

at the end of every character's long story line, there's a boss that's usually harder than the stuff before it

there's also events that features bosses and stuff, didn't try them but looks like they can drop 5 star units and have a displayed level of 250 and costs 50 ap so lol

is it? i didn't really noticed cause yuri just rekt them lol. still those are just monsters, I'm hoping to see a few tales of villains, but so far it's just monsters.. maybe the villains is part of the gacha too

MicH

I'm not quite sure I understand why they raised the level cap on two character weapons. You can only uncap them with another copy of the weapon or the SSR brick, right?

Gayne's 5th LB makes her quite good. Almost like an Earth version of Lancelot.
Sounds like she'll be an excellent member of my earth team. Good thing I have her!

captainpat

These event bosses on extreme seem cap out at three of each animas, I tried using the white rabbit for a couple runs and still got only up to three.

Which means I have at least 35 more runs on this boss if I wanna mlb the sword. Man, the requirement increase for each sword is really stupid.

Eliseo

These event bosses on extreme seem cap out at three of each animas, I tried using the white rabbit for a couple runs and still got only up to three.

Which means I have at least 35 more runs on this boss if I wanna mlb the sword. Man, the requirement increase for each sword is really stupid.

I prefer that honestly, i hate the RNG bullshit.

h0tp0ck3t

First dark sword down, 3 more to go :p

Also isn't Bahamat gacha only? I wish i had the kinda money needed to mlb him. Oh well, thanks for the extra 120% damage

captainpat

I prefer that honestly, i hate the RNG bullshit.

It's still technically there since those weapons could drop from the boss runs. The won't because it's RNG bullshit. It's nice that there's a way mlb without RNG but these requirements just seem excessive.

Top Bottom