• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Reule

Glad I didn't hunt down the Youga. I still think it could be really cool looking but it's a shame only two people can be in it. I want a van for when heists come out.
They're never coming out.

Mistel

Banned
Glad I didn't hunt down the Youga. I still think it could be really cool looking but it's a shame only two people can be in it. I want a van for when heists come out.
They're never coming out.
It is the shame the customization system although it's a good idea needs some more fleshing out, the vehicles themselves seem to suffer from generally odd passenger limits in some cases.

Reule

It is the shame the customization system although it's a good idea needs some more fleshing out, the vehicles themselves seem to suffer from generally odd passenger limits in some cases.
Yeah. Hopefully the next game or DLC has some vehicles with bigger capacity and customization.

They need some white suits for online.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah. Hopefully the next game or DLC has some vehicles with bigger capacity and customization.

They need some white suits for online.
The rat loader customization was a bigger incentive to level up than the game itself, I wouldn't mind a free hot rod or rat rod DLC. Giving us cars that really showcase the customization system.

As for clothing I'd like boots that aren't heels, shorts that actually aren't hot pants you know simple things.

Mistel

Banned
OP hasn't been on since halfway into December. How'd he even become a member? Doesn't have 300 posts yet

R* up'd the crew count to 1000 http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52170/Crew-News-Member-Cap-Raised-to-1-000
I think it is due to them joining when they did, The upping of the crew counts was already posted. If I had control over the OP I would update it with all of this stuff so everyone could look through all of it without having to check through the whole thread. #StormtrooperOT

Stat!

I think it is due to them joining when they did, The upping of the crew counts was already posted. If I had control over the OP I would update it with all of this stuff so everyone could look through all of it without having to check through the whole thread. #StormtrooperOT

I am in a NeoGAF crew with crew colours and all but when I check to see if anyone is online for GTAV, no one ever is. Is it possible to create a united GAF Crew?

Also, I noticed that I could purchase a free car and was given a free bottle, any other free weapons or cars?

Reule

I am in a NeoGAF crew with crew colours and all but when I check to see if anyone is online for GTAV, no one ever is. Is it possible to create a united GAF Crew?

Also, I noticed that I could purchase a free car and was given a free bottle, any other free weapons or cars?
Beach Bum Pack added a few free vehicles to the websites on your phone. Three land vehicles to Southern San Andreas Motorsports and one boat to Dock Tease. The broken bottle and the SNS Pistol at the gun store. Social Club linked to your account makes the Sawed-off Shotgun available at the gun store and the Elegy RH8 on the Legendary Motorsport website.

I think that's it besides Special Edition and Collector's Edition items. I didn't even know about the boat until yesterday, haha.

Mistel

Banned

A combined crew would be great if anyone wants it, I've got no control over any of them however. It would give us a better idea of who actually still plays.

As for the collectors edition stuff everyone can get it you just need to use the ID number for the car and manually change the URL. I would link to my post explaining it but it's hard with mobile :(. If I find it I'll quote them in a post.

Striker

Does the overlord of the crews need to accept the invites, or can anybody in it accept? I had requested to join those NeoGAF crews, so I guess we'll see. I'm on a couple times per week in the evenings.

Mistel

Banned
Does the overlord of the crews need to accept the invites, or can anybody in it accept? I had requested to join those NeoGAF crews, so I guess we'll see. I'm on a couple times per week in the evenings.
I think it's the overseer who accepts them my request that's a couple of months old wasn't accepted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Combined crew would be good, PS3 and 360 combined, no national borders. I say we just act as if the OP isn't coming back and muddle through as best we can.

Or not, I think there's only a dozen people who read this thread anyway :p for one of the biggest (and best) things in gaming, GTA sure does have fairweather fans.

Mistel

Banned
Combined crew would be good, PS3 and 360 combined, no national borders. I say we just act as if the OP isn't coming back and muddle through as best we can.

Or not, I think there's only a dozen people who read this thread anyway :p for one of the biggest (and best) things in gaming, GTA sure does have fairweather fans.
Gaf without borders how about that for a name? I could get a crew set up if no one minds me doing it.

OP has been off on on for a little bit now, but I know he has been busy irl. I rarely see him online these days, and that is the rare times I am able to be on as well. Backlog, work, life in general has been keeping me from GTAO sadly, but I am working on trying to fix that.

Regarding a combined crew, can 360 & PS3 players be in the same crew, despite different systems?

If there are any people here that sent a request to join the PS3 crew, please send me a PM with your PSN name, and R* Social Club name. I have access to accept invites, I'll add you all up if you still care to be in. Every time I play I never see anyone on, and would love to see more people. All I know is I hardly ever get a response when I tried to organize anything on the PS3 side. Last time I saw a PS3 Gaffer join my room, they kept leaving all the time.

Mistel

Banned
I'm not sure whether they can share crews but we can always try. As they are third party I don't see why it shouldn't work.

If they can then that's good, beans you are the overseer of the PS3 group?

Dabanton

This is still my fave online game.

When you get a server full of like minded people it's a laugh. Also I will never tire of collecting bounties especially when I get the drop on targets.

I'm not sure whether they can share crews but we can always try. As they are third party I don't see why it shouldn't work.

If they can then that's good, beans you are the overseer of the PS3 group?
I am just a lowly Representative, but I can send and recieve crew invites. The original Crew Leader handed the reigns to CatDaFelix, and he repped us great for a while, until personal life took over. He hops on here and there, but far less than he used to. Granted, he has probably played more than any of us, he is a level 194 or so, all legit playing, mainly racing.

In his absence I'll gladly take up the reigns, and do what I can.

So yea, anyone reading, lurking, whatever, you want in PS3 crew send me a PM on here with your deets.

Reule

Any of you keep your first car? Mine was the Karin Asterope, haha. I just can't get rid of it though. I spent so much time driving it from levels 1-30, I can't retire her.

I may try grabbing the Sultan soon. I wish I could move the Tailgater to another slot so I could put the Sultan in Slot 3. I pulled some guy out of his modded Sultan RS yesterday and rode it around for a bit. I really liked it and I love that it's four door.

Mistel

Banned
Any of you keep your first car? Mine was the Karin Asterope, haha. I just can't get rid of it though. I spent so much time driving it from levels 1-30, I can't retire her.

I may try grabbing the Sultan soon. I wish I could move the Tailgater to another slot so I could put the Sultan in Slot 3. I pulled some guy out of his modded Sultan RS yesterday and rode it around for a bit. I really liked it and I love that it's four door.
My first car was my rat loader :(, I drove around ages for that. My second was a Voodoo. But the sultan is a decent 4 seater.

If everyone sends a request to the crew then I can accept you in it.

Striker

My first was a Sandking, but I've gotten a Merryweather Jeep since and ditched the truck. But my next keeper was an Ubermacht Zion Cabrio with a galaxy blue color. Controls great so I've held onto it since.

Well then that's great I'll make the new crew soon. It will give us a rough idea if how many still play.

EDIT: done it GAF without borders please someone make a logo I can't make squat :(
Sent an invite to that.

Mistel

Banned
My first was a Sandking, but I've gotten a Merryweather Jeep since and ditched the truck. But my next keeper was an Ubermacht Zion Cabrio with a galaxy blue color. Controls great so I've held onto it since.

Sent an invite to that.
Yep I got yours Daedalos and Izaya I think I accepted them all. So you should all be part of the crew, best check though if I did something wrong. As for my favorite car to drive around it's a tie between my Voodoo or Sabre Turbo

Sorry for the long delay. RL issues suck....I've been skimming over posts regarding merging the crews. I've been out of the loop, was a new crew created?

If we can manage a crew merge with the now 1000 person limit it can be done. I'm not sure how many of you play on the 360 since I have 0 controll over that crew aspect. I would need all other crews to send invites through the social club instead of here because of the sheer amount of new invites I'll need to send out. I'm also going to stop micro managing the crew and introduce people and leaders from teh other crews with the same invite power they had before.

Sorry for the long delay. RL issues suck....I've been skimming over posts regarding merging the crews. I've been out of the loop, was a new crew created?

If we can manage a crew merge with the now 1000 person limit it can be done. I'm not sure how many of you play on the 360 since I have 0 controll over that crew aspect. I would need all other crews to send invites through the social club instead of here because of the sheer amount of new invites I'll need to send out. I'm also going to stop micro managing the crew and introduce people and leaders from teh other crews with the same invite power they had before.
Yeah, merging every other crew would be a great idea to get all GAF members at the same place.

Mistel

Banned
sent an invite.
Yours and Tawpguns invites have been accepted.
0_0.jpg
The logo doesn't look half bad I've go no problem with merging the crews that was the purpose of GAF without borders.

Stat!

Yeah, if anyone wants to play, and has a mic, my GT is ACES11 - Just looking to play some free roam/missions, etc instead of just randoms and have some fun.

Mistel

Banned
One issue out of the myriad of others I have is that you can't start an empty public game, this would make it easier to play with others instead of randoms.

Mastah

New update, Valentine’s Day Massacre Special, launching on Valentine's Day:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...riday-The-GTA-Online-Valentine-s-Day-Massacre

NEW WEAPON: GUSENBERG SWEEPER
NEW VEHICLE: ALBANY ROOSEVELT
NEW ATTIRE
10 NEW JOBS

actual_1391814603_11-02.jpg

Everything in the Valentine’s Day Massacre Special will be available for a limited time starting this Friday, but once acquired you will be able to keep them in your inventory for good.We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.

Reule

Holy shit, that's awesome. White suit! Finally something. Time to make room in my garage for that limo. Youga is getting kicked out so I can put it next to my Z-Type. Can't wait to read about the heists and this Dangerous Business pack.

By the way, I played the Scares and Stocks mission for the first time the other day. First time I hacked and cracked a safe, friends would always do the former. Going to be a lot of fun to do during heists.

By the way, I played the Scares and Stocks mission for the first time the other day. First time I hacked and cracked a safe, friends would always do the former. Going to be a lot of fun to do during heists.
Agreed, that wasa ton of fun doing that. Here's hoping the directions are spelled out a little better, because I have played that mission before where someone took about 8 minutes to open the stupid safe. They just couldn't get it, and wouldn't let anyone else try. I was tempted to TK them and take over, but I was enjoying horsing around too much..

I don't play the online anymore, but it's nice that they actually include the extra cars and guns in single player. One thing I disliked about Max Payne 3's DLC, the extra guns were online exclusive.

Stat!

The new gun and vehicle look awesome. IT'll be nice to have an automatic machine gun to compete with other players online.

Ted

Hopped on tonight and played a little with Jason. Good fun man but I need to get a USB KB plugged in!

Sorry that I'm an eejit, that guy was plainly going to shoot. I'd been harassing him and his tank and I'd just realised he must have stolen it rather than bought it, given where we were on the map. I thought I'd give him a ride back to the base... silly mistake.

Still, sniped him sweetly from the hill side on respawn, I don't think he saw that coming.

Mistel

Banned
There is a title update that has added the valentines stuff. The gunsbergsweeper is $14016 has higher damage and fire rate than the MG with decreased accuracy and range. The Rat loader is back in the game now for free as part of the pack, I'm glad I've got one but the asinine reasoning for its removal followed by giving it out to everyone annoys me. But it's upgrade are free so that's a plus...

The Roosevelt is $750,000.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Why are folks so obsessed with the Rat Loader? Is it just because it wasn't there originally? I can't see anything particularly special about it to warrant a space in my garage.

Mistel

Banned
Why are folks so obsessed with the Rat Loader? Is it just because it wasn't there originally? I can't see anything particularly special about it to warrant a space in my garage.
It has a lot of customization options that most cars lack so it's probably a draw for a lot of people. The Roosevelt has like no customization aesthetically speaking but it's decent none the less.

Top Bottom