• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto |OT| NO GIANT SHARKS

zychi

Banned
According to what I've read on GTAForums, around 16GB. What seems much lower than I expected, so don't quote me on that.

NVM: on the Newswire comments, saw 15.82GB. Which means 32 needed to install, I believe

Shiitt, it's gonna be a close one with bf3, ffxiv and this on my 120.

llamarawk

So I just preordered on the PSN and am having trouble figuring out how to add the 75% to other rockstar titles? Anyone know where to go to get that deal on the PS store site for that?

So I just preordered on the PSN and am having trouble figuring out how to add the 75% to other rockstar titles? Anyone know where to go to get that deal on the PS store site for that?
The prices are automatically adjusted. So for example Manhunt and Bully should be $2.49 instead of 9.99. Only works for full games not DLC like Gay Tony.

UrbanRats

Hell yeah, preordered. Now I only have to wait till 3am on the 18th (for us East Coast gamers)

Also:
ESRB Rating Summary:

In this open-world action game, players assume the role of three criminals whose storylines intersect within the fictional city of Los Santos. Players can switch between each character to follow his storyline, completing missions which often include criminal activities (e.g., stealing cars, executing heists, assassinating targets). Players use pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, and explosives to kill various enemies (e.g., rival gang members); players also have the ability to shoot non-adversary civilians, though this may negatively affect players' progress as a penalty system triggers a broad police search. Blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and the game contains rare depictions of dismemberment. In one sequence, players are directed to use various instruments and means to extract information from a character; the sequence is intense and prolonged, and it involves some player interaction (i.e., responding to on-screen prompts).

The game includes depictions of sexual material/activity: implied fellatio and masturbation; various sex acts that the player's character procures from a prostitute—while no nudity is depicted in these sequences, various sexual moaning sounds can be heard. Nudity is present, however, primarily in two settings: a topless lap dance in a strip club and a location that includes male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context. Within the game, TV programs and radio ads contain instances of mature humor: myriad sex jokes; depictions of raw sewage and feces on a worker's body; a brief instance of necrophilia (no nudity is depicted).

Some sequences within the larger game allow players to use narcotics (e.g., smoking from a bong, lighting a marijuana joint); cocaine use is also depicted. Players' character can, at various times, consume alcohol and drive while under the influence. The words “f**k,” “c*nt,” and “n**ger” can be heard in the dialogue.

Oh my,
torture QTE and naked cult members.

Fjordson

Doesn't seem that far fetched considering there are playable bounty hunting missions in the game. Quite a lot of open empty areas, too.

Being attacked by a bunch of Bounty Hunters in Blackwater Hotel when I loaded up once really took me by surprise. Probably one of the best shootouts I ever had with that game.

Also:

dog-the-bounty-hunter.jpg

"Go with Christ, brah."

Dog confirmed?
:lol so glad bounty hunting is in V. Was so fun in Red Dead.

So 75% off any Rockstar title...

The only Rockstar games I don't already own on disk or haven't played are Manhunt and San Andreas. Which should I get? I'm slightly against getting SA, because I'll probably never touch it again once V comes out. Does Manhunt hold up?

Theme? No.

Wallpaper? Yes. Find the picture (URL or USB), press triangle for info, set as wallpaper.
That's from memory so you may want to Google.

Playing IV some more (want to finish the story by the 17th), I hope that in V:
- We can still flying through windshields, that never gets old
- car hoods don't come loose so easily. That just gets really annoying in IV
- really interested to see how the melee was improved. I liked IV's melee combat, a bit clunky, but dodging, kicking, doing counters and stuff, was pretty fun
- our phone acts an MP3 player, really it's about time that was added to the game (and custom soundtracks too!)
- takes a leaf from Saint's Row and has cruise control
- allows us to change the camera angle for walking and aiming.
- being able to search through the police database from a cop car

Gacha-pin

I had been waiting for Rocstar to announce this. I definitely get a digital version. A sad thing is I managed not to know the release date but I learned it from this news. I still have to wait roughly a month to the day
+10 hours for the PSN slow download ;p

I know, it sucks. I got up at 4 to start the Last of Us download...

---
Is there any way to set a custom wallpaper as my PS3 theme? The preorder theme was kind of meh, just Franklin art. I wanted to put one of these as my theme
You can make your own theme using those images and it's not difficult. Google PS3 custom theme.

UrbanRats

I'd never get a digital version of a GTA.
Aside from the physical map, which is a tradition, their instruction manuals, with all the fake commercials, are hilarious.

Plus it's GTAV, i need some sort physical object, for catharsis.

Gacha-pin

I assume the digital version will perform better than physical version. I have an opportunity to try both digital and disk version of the latest Need For Speed (PS3). There were stutterings when the game loads a new area when you are driving around on the disk version but there weren't those problems on the digital version or I wasn't able to notice those stutterings on it. Another example is some of the TLoU players complain the initial loading time but there are only a few seconds loading on the digital version of TLoU.

UrbanRats

I assume the digital version will perform better than physical version. I have an opportunity to try both digital and disk version of the latest Need For Speed (PS3). There were stutterings when the game loads a new area when you are driving around on the disk version but there weren't those problems on the digital version or I wasn't able to notice those stutterings on it. Another example is some of the TLoU players complain the initial loading time but there are only a few seconds loading on the digital version of TLoU.
Well GTAV has mandatory installation, so it can't be that bad.

Playing IV some more (want to finish the story by the 17th), I hope that in V:
- We can still flying through windshields, that never gets old
- car hoods don't come loose so easily. That just gets really annoying in IV
- really interested to see how the melee was improved. I liked IV's melee combat, a bit clunky, but dodging, kicking, doing counters and stuff, was pretty fun
- our phone acts an MP3 player, really it's about time that was added to the game (and custom soundtracks too!)
- takes a leaf from Saint's Row and has cruise control
- allows us to change the camera angle for walking and aiming.
- being able to search through the police database from a cop car

My guess is Euphoria will be tweaked to even greater levels. I'm certainly prepared for the best laughs in a long time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this has been posted, but the following article is about GTA V's ESRB review.

WARNING: Contains a mission spoiler, people. You have been warned.

Here it is.

If the spoiler is anything to go by, I think mission variety has been upped since IV.

GrimmUK

Banned
Preordered my special edition for PS3 today!

Only one out of my group of friends to preorder though, guessing I'll be the blimp chauffeur.

Raptomex

Damn Rapto, you're pretty hardcore. What's your GTA collection like?
I should mention I first got into the series with Vice City. I've never heard of the series until that game either. I was 13 or 14 at the time. I got it some time in 2002 or 2003.

GTA 1, London, 2 - All for PC and whatever is available for Steam. 1, 2, and London 1969 for PSX. 2 for Dreamcast.
GTA 3 Trilogy - PS2 (this includes San Andreas 1st Edition), Xbox, PC, Steam.
GTA 3 and VC Mobile - Android
San Andreas Special Edition - Unopened for PS2.
Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories - PSP, PS2
GTA Advance - GBA
GTA IV - collector's edition for 360. Regular version for PS3, PC, Steam.
Episodes from Liberty City - 360, PS3, PC, Steam
Chinatown Wars - DS, PSP

I also have:
- Physical GTA IV key to the city.
- GTA 3, VC, and SA Kubrick sets.
- GTA 3 collectible Claude figure.
- GTA VC soundtrack box set.
- GTA SA soundtrack.
- Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto (still haven't read it).
- Two GTA V viewfinders. Both are Vinewood Hills. When I first pre-ordered at my GameStop they didn't have the viewfinders in stock yet. I put 5 bucks down at the GameStop near my friend's house and they were able to give me the viewfinder I wanted which was Vinewood Hills. Then when my GameStop finally got them in stock they gave me one and it was the same one. Oh, well.
- Two of the original GTA V pre-order posters. I got 2 to hang up both sides. Both framed. They both say Spring 2013. Lol, the LIES!
- Two of the latest GTA V pre-order posters. I got 2 to hang up both sides. Both framed. The crazy thing about these is one side is the GTA V box art. $5 pre-order, and you get the poster. 22x28. You can now buy the GTA V box art poster, same size (22x28), from Rockstar Warehouse and it's $15. I don't think it's double-sided. Seems excessive.
- GTA 3 guide
- GTA VC guide
- San Andreas guide for PS2 and Xbox
- LCS and VCS guides
- GTA IV guide
- TLAD guide
- EFLC guide
- GTA 3 and VC anniversary posters.
- San Andreas logo t-shirt.
- GTA IV logo t-shirt.
- GTA V V logo t-shirt.
- GTA V logo t-shirt.
- GTA 3 and VC anniversary t-shirts.

I was still in school when IV came out, and at that time working at Target (ugh), so I couldn't really take off or anything around release but I skipped the first 30 min of class to go pick it up. Now that I'm out of school and have been working for a while, I'm able to save some money to really start collecting and this is the first game in the series where I'm working full time. So I'm taking the week of release off on paid vacation.

On the 17th my collection will include:
- 2 360 Collector's Editions (1 unopened)
- 1 PS3 Collector's Edition (Unopened)
- 1 360 Special Edition (Unopened)
- 1 PS3 Special Edition (Unopened)
- GTA V PS3 bundle (Need a new PS3 anyway. PS3 copy of the game unopened)
- PS3 digital version
- The overpriced PS3 GTA V Pulse Elite headset (my winnings at Foxwoods paid for this).
- 2 GTA V Limited Edition guides (1 will remain unopened).
- 2 GTA V regular guides (both will remain unopened).

Surprisingly, I don't have the GTA V regular version for 360 pre-ordered. But I can get that later. I probably will get the 360 digital version eventually.

GTA III blew my mind as a kid.

It was like a peep show or something. I was exposed to culture for the first time in my little chickeny life.

shield

Whoa, that's seriously impressive. Especially the various GTA V editions you'll have this time next month. Any plans to get the hardcover Brady Games strategy guide?

I have nowhere near as much as you, but GTA is still the franchise I own the most games in:

GTA - Steam
GTA 2 - Steam
GTA III - PS2, PSN, Steam, PC
GTA Vice City - PS2, PSN, Steam, PC
GTA San Andreas - PS2, PSN, Steam, PC
GTA Liberty City Stories - PS2, PSN
GTA Vice City Stories - PS2, PSN, PSP
GTA IV - Xbox 360, PSN, Steam
GTA V Collector's edition - Xbox 360 (next month!)

I also have the Vice City soundtrack box set. So good.

Raptomex

Whoa, that's seriously impressive. Especially the various GTA V editions you'll have this time next month. Any plans to get the hardcover Brady Games strategy guide?

I have nowhere near as much as you, but GTA is still the franchise I own the most games in:

GTA - Steam
GTA 2 - Steam

Lol I knew I forgot some things. I have the VC soundtrack box set as well and the San Andreas soundtrack. And yes, I have 2 GTA V limited editon guides (1 will remain unopened) and 2 regular guides (both will remain unopened) preordered. I also have the guides for all the previous games. I added everything else I forgot I have in my previous post.

GTA - Steam
GTA 2 - Steam

Damn, you guys are GTA fanatics! I may not have as many GTA games, but I have more games from Rockstar in my collection than any other developer

GTA IV
GTA Episodes from Liberty City
GTA San Andreas
Max Payne 2
Max Payne 3
Red Dead Redemption
RDR Undead Nighmare
Red Dead Revolver
LA Noire
Midnight Club LA
Midnight Club 3
Bully
Manhunt

Raptomex

Damn, you guys are GTA fanatics! I may not have as many GTA games, but I have more games from Rockstar in my collection than any other developer

GTA IV
GTA Episodes from Liberty City
GTA San Andreas
Max Payne 2
Max Payne 3
Red Dead Redemption
RDR Undead Nighmare
Red Dead Revolver
LA Noire
Midnight Club LA
Midnight Club 3
Bully
Manhunt
Yeah, I have the following:
- Body Harvest (back when Rockstar North was DMA) - N64
- Wild Metal Country - PC
- Max Payne 1 and 2 - Xbox, Steam
- Max Payne 3 - special edition for 360. Steam
- Max Payne Mobile - Android
- Manhunt - Xbox, Steam
- Manhunt 2 - Wii, PS2, PSP, and I have the digital AO version for PC.
- Bully: Scholarship Edition - 360, Steam
- Red Dead Revolver - Xbox
- Red Dead Redemption: Special Edition - 360
- RDR: Undead Nightmare - 360
- LA Noire - 360, Steam

I also have the guides for RDR, MP3,and LA Noire. I have tons of those Rockstar logo stickers that Rockstar sends you with everything you buy from the Warehouse.

GTA III blew my mind as a kid.

It was like a peep show or something. I was exposed to culture for the first time in my little chickeny life.

GTA III blew my mind at 30. =)

Me and a group of work friends would leave work, get a bite to eat, then go play GTA on my friend's huge projection TV and decent stereo hooked up. We'd take turns playing missions and doing rampages and the like. Amazing game.

I was 15 when GTA III came out. Like most people, I was amazed by it.

I didn't have a PS2, but my friend did and I always went to his house to play it.

Fun times.

This week has been a long hangover since the GTAOnline reveal, with small tidbits and conjecture dripping out each day... Really just extending the hangover and making it worse.

lil smoke

Banned
This week has been a long hangover since the GTAOnline reveal, with small tidbits and conjecture dripping out each day... Really just extending the hangover and making it worse.

I've noticed this... For once, I think they have satiated my appetite enough to where I don't mind not knowing much more. More info would just be painful right now!

bud23

I should mention I first got into the series with Vice City. I've never heard of the series until that game either. I was 13 or 14 at the time. I got it some time in 2002 or 2003.

Impressive collection, Raptomex.

In other news;

Coming Soon: The 2013 GTAV Bravado Banshee!!

actual_1377184653.jpg

A one-of-a-kind production in partnership between Rockstar Games and West Coast Customs. Stay tuned for your chance to nick it...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51239/coming-soon-the-2013-gtav-bravado-banshee.html

New info and screens, courtesy of GTAforums

Missions
- 6 main heists;
- Mission(-s), in which you will need to use torture to extract information;
- There will not be complete, all-sufficient missions under water, but many heists will be connected to it. You can use the underwater world for escaping from arrest.
- Police can swim.

Heists
- More than 20+ types of masks for the heists;
- If the police will see you in masks with guns, they'll arrest you. When you take off the mask, you're no longer recognized by police or pedestrians.
For example, if you wear a mask, pedestrians will start to panic, to be afraid, to call the police, and even take pictures with their cameras.
When you take off your mask, they'll continue to panic, but they no longer recognize you.
- Some of the heists are so difficult that you have to seek help from mercenaries. Some of the mercenaries are: goon, sniper, hacker, pickpocket.
Activities
- Secondary activities: golf, shooting, triathlon, jumps with parachute, ROPEJUMPING(new), tennis, hunting, underwater hunting , hunting for criminals, armwrestling, yoga.
- You can improve your skills in yoga and at some point you can even have a class where you'll teach other people.
- You can pay 2$ and take a tour of the richest places of this mysterious city.
- You can buy a prostitute on the road.
- You can order a lap dance at a strip club.
- You can go into the woods on a trailer, taking the necessary camouflage and weapons and check your hunting skills. But remember that you're not alone. There are robbers, murderers, drug addicts who'll bring you problems.
Wild World
- Very huge amount of animals.
- In the wild: deer, rabbits, squirrels, mountain goats.
- In the countryside - animals of rural type.
- You'll not be able to defeat bear and lynx barehanded.
- Pumas, coyotes, wolves, turtles.
- Working ecosystem. Animals prey on each other. Animals not only on the ground, but in the sky and under water as well.
- When you jump with a parachute, you can see flocks of birds.
- Sharks get in packs.
- You'll not be able to defeat a shark with a knife only. You'll not be able to shoot under water using ordinary assault rifle.
- Sharks attack not only you, but other people as well.
- In the underwater world you can find sunken ships, planes, containers, cars, sunken oil rigs and even 12-storey plant.
- You can't go fishing in GTA V. Only pedestrians can.
- Rats in the dirty parts of the city.
- Dog customization.
Weapon Customization
-Sniper, sights, additional handles, flashlights, laser pointer, silencer, extended magazine, changing of colors

Car Customization
- More than 200+ vehicles. Including, four-engine bombers, bikes, sportcars, trailers, tank.
- More than 1000+ customization options.

Character customization:
- More than 30+ types of clothes.
- Accessories: watches, chains, bracelets.
- Tatoos.
- More than 15+ hairstyles.

Screens at link

Zep

Banned
It's not really that spoilery, just new info on animal types, activities, gameplay elements etc. But I know people can be sensitive to that kind of stuff so I tagged the info just in case

I've gone on a complete blackout from this game after the GTA Online video. Much thanks for spoiler tagging that stuff.

Raptomex

I'm really glad to hear about the
ecosystem
. They're truly going all out here. I think some of those screens are old.

Some more info from GTAforums Nothing on mission or story, just more info on gameplay Now this stuff, take with a grain of salt, because I'm not sure where the poster got it from. Some of it seems a bit unlikely, but this is GTA V so who knows?
- Each character has a unique walking animation that suits their personality, including
pedestrians.
- Euphoria engine improved, animations are much better and more fluid/dynamic.
- You will be able to puncture a gas tank, drive the car into a group of enemies, run away then set the trail on fire to blow up the car
- You can accessorize your dog with collars and leashes. Hundreds of accessories available.

- Your dogs can be lost or killed. Can buy a new one at the various pet stores around Los Santos.
- Wild animals can be hunted and meat can be sold to factories/farms. (Which are owned by Burger Shot.)
- Will feature over 15 species of animals, including sharks, deer, and more.

- You can leave your car parked next to a street meter. If you don't add money to the meter, the car can be towed and picked up at the impound lot.
- Deep water exploration missions will be available and is considered by Rockstar a seperate game.
- You can go for a drive together with friends. Rockstar demo included Trevor and Michael on jet skis

Raptomex

Some more info from GTAforums Nothing on mission or story, just more info on gameplay Now this stuff, take with a grain of salt, because I'm not sure where the poster got it from. Some of it seems a bit unlikely, but this is GTA V so who knows?
- Each character has a unique walking animation that suits their personality, including
pedestrians.
- Euphoria engine improved, animations are much better and more fluid/dynamic.
- You will be able to puncture a gas tank, drive the car into a group of enemies, run away then set the trail on fire to blow up the car
- You can accessorize your dog with collars and leashes. Hundreds of accessories available.

- Your dogs can be lost or killed. Can buy a new one at the various pet stores around Los Santos.
- Wild animals can be hunted and meat can be sold to factories/farms. (Which are owned by Burger Shot.)
- Will feature over 15 species of animals, including sharks, deer, and more.

- You can leave your car parked next to a street meter. If you don't add money to the meter, the car can be towed and picked up at the impound lot.
- Deep water exploration missions will be available and is considered by Rockstar a seperate game.
- You can go for a drive together with friends. Rockstar demo included Trevor and Michael on jet skis
Other than the
street meter
thing, all of this has been revealed already.

Raptomex

It has? All that was new to me. I'll just leave it there in case it's new to others as well
Yeah. I think some of it was revealed in the previews. Reading over your post again the "
under water being a separate thing
" sounds new. New or old I love reading about GTA V information. Keeps the hype going.

^Then you'll love this. Saw it on GTAforums, tracked it down to Reddit. I don't know if it's a hoax or not

I had read that I wouldn't be able to preload, but hit "download all" after purchasing, expecting just the atomic blimp to start, but the game download went ahead! Highly doubt I can play before release, but this is still exciting to me.

bKK0NxD.jpg

Madness

Oh great, as if I wasn't hesitant to sometimes roam around in Red Dead because of random cougars and grizzlies, I gotta worry about sharks if I go in the water or fucking pumas if I'm escaping the cops in the woods

Lol, but still adds a great dynamic to the world and will really change the way we think about GTA as a standalone game.

Top Bottom