• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto |OT| NO GIANT SHARKS

Raptomex

GTA V went gold yesterday. Announced via Rockstar's website, newswire comment.

We’re pleased to confirm that Grand Theft Auto V has officially gone gold and we’re now preparing the game for release on September 17th for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Unfortunately, as many of you may already know, some people who downloaded the digital pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V through the PlayStation Store in Europe were able to access certain GTAV assets leading to leaked information and media from the game appearing online. You can read Sony’s statement on this here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/24/grand-theft-auto-v-update/. As you can imagine, we are deeply disappointed by leaks and spoilers being spread in advance of the game's launch. GTAV represents years of hard work by many people across the world, and we all couldn't be more excited to finally share it with you properly this September 17th. Please stay tuned here at the Rockstar Newswire for all announcements about GTAV between now and game release as we definitely still have more to officially reveal.

As a specific note to our Social Club community, please remember Rule #1 right above the Comment Box. Please do not proliferate such things here as we certainly don’t want any misinformation spread from things that are fake nor do we want spoilers spread regarding anything that might be true. Anyone engaging in such discussion here at the Rockstar Newswire before September 17th will have commenting privileges revoked until well after the game’s release. Thank you all for your understanding and your support.

Madness

Going dark as I can.

Time to kick ass on the OT.

EDIT: Please keep all spoilers for V (even tagged) out of this thread. I want this to be a safe haven.

But what if we have to talk about something related to the gameplay/campaign

Like, hey guys I'm on heist 4
and they say you have to find an armored truck and customize it before the mission starts but I can't find one, where did you locate it
. Any help would be appreciated.

The above is all made up by the way don't worry lol. Or like, I keep getting killed by great white sharks everytime I enter the water, how do you guys avoid them etc.

Sorry if that sounds ridiculous. Usually when a new game launches, especially one of the most wanted releases of the generation, I usually talk about it all the time. Or is there going to be a specific GTA V thread?

Edit: on second thought, what I wrote above would be a story spoiler in a sense lol, sorry. I understand.

UrbanRats

But what if we have to talk about something related to the gameplay/campaign

Like, hey guys I'm on heist 4
and they say you have to find an armored truck and customize it before the mission starts but I can't find one, where did you locate it
. Any help would be appreciated.

The above is all made up by the way don't worry lol. Or like, I keep getting killed by great white sharks everytime I enter the water, how do you guys avoid them etc.

Sorry if that sounds ridiculous. Usually when a new game launches, especially one of the most wanted releases of the generation, I usually talk about it all the time. Or is there going to be a specific GTA V thread?

Edit: on second thought, what I wrote above would be a story spoiler in a sense lol, sorry. I understand.
I think he meant before release, like discussing leaks and such.
Besides, there will be a GTAV OT for those kind of discussions, anyway.

Any of my thread bros have suggestions for the OT title?

I'm keeping my options open.

Obviously they can't involve spoilers.
Have you been to the GTAO thread? There's a suggestion that's earning unanimous praise.

GTA V | OT | After Five Years on the East Coast, It's Time to Come Home

XKWp3zz.png

OT of the forever
It's perfect

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| Daddy's Back, You Bitches!

not mine; came up in one of the other threads

The "time to go home" one is pretty perfect, though, I'd have to agree.

GenericUser

I am so happy right now guys, just placed my preorder at the local electronics store, got my self one day off on september 17th - I AM READY for gta5!! Sorry, just had to share this with you. Anyone else taking one day off for launch?

prophecy0

I had been holding off on preordering because I wasn't sure what console I wanted the game on... I finally decided on PS3 and now I see that the collector's edition is sold out everywhere! I guess that means I'm going with the 360 version.

Marleyman

Banned
I am so happy right now guys, just placed my preorder at the local electronics store, got my self one day off on september 17th - I AM READY for gta5!! Sorry, just had to share this with you. Anyone else taking one day off for launch?

3 days for me:)

Raptomex

I'm fucking ready. The closer we get, the longer the wait. It seems like they're releasing some form of information/media each week now which is fine by me.

I really like the "time to go home" one.

One thing we can agree on Marley.

Really hope it's not "daddy's back, bitches," because... just sounds like something Saints Row would have. Same with the one about people walking into a bar, I just don't get that.

I wouldn't mind: GTA V | OT | The Game of the Generation Edition, but my prime vote goes for the one I've been for:

XKWp3zz.png

sytadel

It's such an genius time to launch, unbelievably shrewd. I'm predicting a Grand Theft Auto V One/PS4 launch around July/August next year, perhaps even PC thrown in there as well. 95% of people who own GTA V will immediately take the plunge, which will obviously be a shit-tonne.

Rockstar will effectively double down and win without any gamble at all, and after watching what has been dished up so far, they deserve every single f'g dollar. I'd happily pay $120 for the PS3/360 version.

UrbanRats

It's such an genius time to launch, unbelievably shrewd. I'm predicting a Grand Theft Auto V One/PS4 launch around July/August next year, perhaps even PC thrown in there as well. 95% of people who own GTA V will immediately take the plunge, which will obviously be a shit-tonne.

Rockstar will effectively double down and win without any gamble at all, and after watching what has been dished up so far, they deserve every single f'g dollar. I'd happily pay $120 for the PS3/360 version.

That's an unrealistic figure.
Most of the people playing GTA are casual prayers, those who buy maybe 5 games a year.
Those people rarely care or even notice crisp resolution or texture definition, so will probably be more than fine with the ps360 versions.

As far as enthusiasts, provided the game delivers in quality, yeah i can see a ton of double dippers in that camp (i know I am one).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really hope it's not "daddy's back, bitches," because... just sounds like something Saints Row would have.

But it's the opening line of the supposedly super serious, apparently oscar-worthy GTA IV (it had me in stitches when it started up). In some people's eyes, V is the installment that may bring a return to form for the series. Personally, I can't think of a funnier or better way to convey that. After all, GTA is the Daddy.

That's an unrealistic figure.
Most of the people playing GTA are casual prayers, those who buy maybe 5 games a year.
Those people rarely care or even notice crisp resolution or texture definition, so will probably be more than fine with the ps360 versions.

As far as enthusiasts, provided the game delivers in quality, yeah i can see a ton of double dippers in that camp (i know I am one).
How does buying 5 games a year make someone a "casual player"? I just don't have the $$ to buy every new release, which is why I budget and only get maybe 3 full priced games a year and the rest being used or on sale.

I put gameplay over graphics and so while I don't really care about having OMG textures and resolutions, I do care about games and gameplay that challenge the player. My favorite genres are stealth and roguelikes (and open world).

How does buying 5 games a year make someone a "casual player"? I just don't have the $$ to buy every new release, which is why I budget and only get maybe 3 full priced games a year and the rest being used or on sale.

I put gameplay over graphics and so while I don't really care about having OMG textures and resolutions, I do care about games and gameplay that challenge the player. My favorite genres are stealth and roguelikes (and open world).

He means "casual" as in the people who buy GTA, Madden, CoD/Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K, and NFS, and call it a year. Those people don't care about bleeding edge PC visuals, and maybe half of them would spring for a GTAV: HD Super Turbo Remix on the PC, PS4 or XBOne. And half's being generous, at least in the first 6 months.

UrbanRats

He means "casual" as in the people who buy GTA, Madden, CoD/Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K, and NFS, and call it a year. Those people don't care about bleeding edge PC visuals, and maybe half of them would spring for a GTAV: HD Super Turbo Remix on the PC, PS4 or XBOne. And half's being generous, at least in the first 6 months.

^^^ This.
I'm not even using it in a disparaging way, to be clear.

Also, 5 was indicating the top scenario (GTA, FIFA/Madden, Battlefield/CoD and a couple of other random things maybe, or put in some phone games).

Buying the same game 6 months later because it has better image quality and 60 fps is not something these kind of customer would do.

Moreover, more than number of games per year, i would use the level of interest you put into informing yourself.
This year i must have bought around 5 games myself, but i'm here everyday.

So yeah, the 5 games thing was just to point at a certain type of consumer, as Net Wrecker pointed out.

I see. And hey, IOS gaming is cool too. Although I couldn't care about the causal games and only play the hardcore platformers, lol.

If I had a powerful enough PC, I'd probably double dip on GTA V as well, mainly cause of all the potential mods. But for now I only use my PC for indie gaming and my consoles for the big games like V and Blacklist

I wouldn't ever say it. Just making conversation/blurbing.

I'm extremely sensitive about spoilers so I extend that courtesy to others.

Raptomex

I wouldn't ever say it. Just making conversation/blurbing.

I'm extremely sensitive about spoilers so I extend that courtesy to others.
Me too when it comes to GTA. But only really story elements. Anything like animals, songs, weapons, etc. that are leaked I can live with if I hear about it. But unless it's announced by Rockstar I try to avoid going near it.

Also, posted in the Gold thread, but I like to keep GTA news here as well. Rockstar introducing a Crew heirarchy:

Raptomex

New artwork from the Social Club update. I hope it gets released officially as a wallpaper. I believe a piece of it is on the GTA Online artwork.
7425-The-Families.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How come it's PS3 only, I thought you could have both sets on players in one Crew?

There is already a crew setup NeoGANG that has both PS3 and 360 which I beleive is full at 300 members. I thought it might be fun to have a crew with all members having the same system to accommodate massive group meetups to go wreck shit.

There is also a crew setup for just 360 as well the name of it is GAF Street

Welcome, Soldier. We are moving all members immediately up to 'Representative' level so that we can go forth and multiply faster.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
There is already a crew setup NeoGANG that has both PS3 and 360 which I beleive is full at 300 members. I thought it might be fun to have a crew with all members having the same system to accommodate massive group meetups to go wreck shit.

There is also a crew setup for just 360 as well the name of it is GAF Street

Fair enough. This could cause all kinds of schisms; Civil War! Brother fighting brother! XD

Top Bottom